PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Lands

Malaika
April 21st, 2006, 01:23 PM
OOC: This first post is only to let people know a little bit about the lanned role play and the characters capable of being played. For a lot of the characters they have to know the history.

* The Eastern Pride ? The Valley pride
o The Valley pride made friends with a human settlement whom could still speak with animals.
o The humans and the Pride spent a lot of time helping each other out and lived peacefully in the valley.
o After long the king died and left his eldest son, Kilimanjaro, in charge. Kilimanjaro had been informed about the history of the pride but his brother, Chaos, had not been told and his heart began to fill with darkness and hate.
o Kilimanjaro rejected the throne and his brother took over. Kilimanjaro?s mate also left to join Chaos as his mate. In a fit of rage Kilimanjaro killed Chaos? mate and left the Valley Pride lands. The humans didn?t know what was going on and sided with Chaos.
o Kilimanjaro made his way into the heartlands and was invited into the Heartland Lion pride.

* The Counsel of 12 ? The Beginning
o The Twelve prides of the East come together for their first counsel. Two members from each of the 6 Prides governed by a human.
o Laws were laid down to help govern peace between the Prides.

* The Pride Wars ? End of the Counsel
o The king of the heartlands dies leaving Kilimanjaro in control of the pride.
o Mt. Kilimanjaro is created out of Emotion from the powers that Kilimanjaro possessed.
o Kilimanjaro?s Mate has two cubs. Asikari and Shujaa.
o Both Asikari and Shujaa, raised under diplomacy, visit other prides of the council as ambassadors.
o Diplomacy dies as the two are framed for the murder of a royal family member. An emergency council is called.
o At the council the northeastern prides, Lead by Chaos, kill the human and then turn on Kilimanjaro.
o The prides, having heard what had happened, took their side and gathered in Pride Valley for the conflict.
o The northern prides where wiped out

* The Poacher Wars ? The End of the Eastern Prides
o Shujaa and Asikari split the Heartland pride into two and live peacefully protecting each other.
o Shujaa?s mate had a litter of cubs but only one survived, Malaika
o Humans kill Shujaa and Malaika is taken into Asikari?s pride and trained to be a warrior.
o Asikari dies in an attack from the humans and Malaika leaves his home.
o Hyrul-anyi is forced into command and holds back the humans as long as possible.
o The pride members murder hyrul-anyi and then get what is left of the Eastern prides together for one last battle. Malaika returns to help lead the attack
o Malaika lays battered and bruised as the last human was taken out.

* The Dark Time ? The Last Battle of the East
o Chaos, originally thought to have died in the Pride wars, gathers the rogues of the East together and rule over the now broken land.
o Malaika and a small group make their way to the north into the Valley Pridelands and visit the last human village that can speak with animals.

Mizani
April 21st, 2006, 01:53 PM
((ooc: Well I posted a new character profile, so when I find a spot in the RP to slot my character in, I will do so))

Malaika
April 24th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Malaika caught a glimps of the first light and gingerly got up still battered but mostly sore from the previuos days endevors. He silently walked over to the entrance hoping not to disturb the other two.

It seemed not long ago when The group had more. Though it seemed that whomever was going to come with us would face grate danger. One lion already fell, Besides Malaika. The older lion was lucky to have survived. No not lucky. He knew that since Fernando had once helped him see the light that the spirits and Ahieu was watching over the group. Ahieu would not turn away from his children. Not while the land was crying out for him.

Malaika looked out over the baren land thinking about the battles that had happened here which reminded him of the battle he had endured. Malaika eyes elled with tears of pain which dropped one by one to the dry ground yet never making a sound. To Malaika it was the sound of thunder and ruin.

'How could I have just left everything? My home, my family, and my pride.' He though to himself. 'They suffered when I left and now the land is bare. Chaos ravages the land yet I seem powerless to stop it.'

Mizani
April 24th, 2006, 09:43 AM
The sun was slowly breaking free from the mountains that littered the horizon, and a serval, small in size, found that she could not enjoy the warmth it was bringing.
A small meal of a hyrax kept her paws moving, and a belly full of water kept her eyes open, but a shade of gloom had tinted her thoughts, as it often did. She couldn't quite pinpoint the cause for this bout of depression, which angered her so slightly, that her brow was set furrowed.

So deep in thought, Jardyn could have been easy prey for any cunning predator, but as she had suspected when she first entered these lands, she doubted if anything lived here at all.
But what did it matter to her; she was only passing through, but as Jardyn scented the smell of lions, she hoped she would pass through without trouble.

A persistant fighter in her own respects, the sheer size of a lions crushing blow could send her sprawling, so it was no compitition at all. A lion won: always. Natures way of keeping the order. Though what order there was at all in the life of any creature, Jardyn was yet to know.
She perked her head up, sky blue eyes scanning the plains.

Nothing, she thought to herself, her suspicion and cautiousness quelling.

She tread now, with tentive steps, and the familar feeling of fear came creeping back.

simbaji
April 24th, 2006, 02:15 PM
The night's sleep had been all but restful. While he couldn't recall his dreams as he woke - something unusual but thankful for at times - he hadn't slept well, that much he knew. Muscles that had travled far cried out in their own right as they strained against the floor where he had slept through the night. The aches would cease though as the day pressed on - at least for a time.

He had traveled many places over time, but the constant movement, little and fettered sleep and constant concern, the least of which having already been borne of one major attack, left him little respite in this foreign land. They were close to Malaika's land, if not on the outter edges. He longed for his own home of the Mizaati Mara with it's lush trees and guarding hills.

As the cub finally resigned himself to the day that was pressing at his eyes and other senses he stretched his paws from fore to hind, giving his muscles one last good stretch before being called upon to take up the task that lie ahead. The air was dull and stale - offering so little compared to his own homelands, as well as many of the other places he had traveled to in comparison.

As he looked around he saw Psylant still sleeping. He didn't know what to make of the figure just yet but would leave that to Malaika. Friends were for those who could afford to make and loose them - something he was no longer disposed to out here. He would be nice enough of course should circumstances warrent. He wasn't heartless, just hurt. His eyes spied Malaika, who was unaware of his being awake. simba still didn't feel like speaking much and so just used the sound of his paws' weight upon the dry earth to let the older lion know he was up and about.

Malaika
April 25th, 2006, 01:10 AM
the lion turned slightly away and wiped away the tears before turning to look at Simbaji. His eyes had to readjust to the semi-darkness before he could see the cub. In a deep whisper that still seemd to carry his voice Malaika said to the cub.

"We will be leaving soon. This time we won't stop untill we have reached the Valley pridelands."

Psylant Darkeen
April 28th, 2006, 12:57 AM
The wolf yawned and stumbled to his feet. ?Eh? is it time to go already? I was just startin? to get comfortable? he said before lazily walking over to Malaika and taking a brief look around.

simbaji
April 28th, 2006, 03:34 AM
simba was listening to Malaika when his ears swiveled to catch the sounds of Psylant waking from his own rest. His gaze quickly followed and continued to do so as the wolf rose and made his way towards Malaika.

He still wasn't sure how to react towards the lupine but felt that time would probably reax and shift his feelings if things continued to go without incident. He wished he didn't feel the way that he did, but one night's unrestful sleep wasn't enough to take the edge of the time's travel, attack and loosing of someone he thought was a friend.

Granted he wasn't sure what had happened to Kovujin, but it was clear that the two most probable outcomes were either that he left the group willingly or unwillingly. If it were unwillingly there was nothing they could do as they never heard him leave or make noise. If it were willingly, it only added to the anger and sorrow he felt for the other cub.

Everything had it's time and place though, and Malaika's pressing words were in the here and now. Padding closer himself he took up a position just a few paces away from the other two. Looking up to Malaika and then out to the world they were about to continue their journey through he asked.

"And how far is that?"

Malaika
April 28th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Malaika looked back out over the lands and to the north east.

"About a days journey." He said with a slight sigh. His frame seem to drop with a feeling of to much weight. The weight of the world seem to prees down on him as his thoughts raced thrugh his mind. A voice he had thought he heard on Mt Kilimanjaro that night. A nightmareish voice that seemed filled with glee. 'It is done.' What was done? The pride being finished off? All the prides of East Africa? Or just simply the thought that Malaika himself was dead. Malaika was far from dead and it soon grew into anger and hate for the dark voice.

Malaika sighed heavily trying to force the dark thoughts from his mind. the last thing he wanted was to be consumed again by the darkness. No matter how hard he tried to rid himself of the darkness the scar on his face would remind him everyday that it would never leave. His fear and anger sealed with-in him it had started with the anger of loosing his family one by one to the humans and soon his anger had grown enough to consume him as he had faced the human who seeled it in him.

Psylant Darkeen
April 30th, 2006, 11:59 PM
?Mal? was it? Malaika? Anyway? just wondering, do we always have to travel during the day? I mean, not to complain or anything but I?m so used to the snow having grown up in the mountains far north. It?s just a little hot is all.? With this the wolf promptly turned and began to look himself over for anything that may have clung to his fur the night before. Then he suddenly turned back to Malaika. ?Where?s the food around here?!?

Malaika
May 1st, 2006, 03:02 PM
Malaika looked back almost quizically.

"How did you even survive getting this far south?"

It confused Malaika more than anything though it got his mind off of everything else, for the time being.

Psylant Darkeen
May 4th, 2006, 04:20 AM
"I only walked at night, it was much cooler. In the day, I was always sleeping in the shade some place."

Malaika
May 4th, 2006, 04:29 AM
"what did you do for food? This place is pretty baren."

simbaji
May 4th, 2006, 04:22 PM
simba listened to the two talk about food and travel. While he wasn't directly involved in the conversation, it did bring to mind the many times that he himself had traveled great distances with others questioning how he could have made it by himself. There were many other memories that he recalled as well. He could remember a time when Fernando would greet him near an aged fig tree and climb into it's branches to look out over the lands at night. Those nights were filled with special berries and almonds that his friend would bring to him. He rarely wanted for anything and had so much.

Those times were long since past now however and the only things he ate were occasional offerings found through luck or random generosity. His friends and plentiful nights were also just as random now as well. 'This would be like the stars one day', he thought to himself. There was nothing worng he supposed with that, just another acknowledgement. He also wondered if anyone would speak to him up there. 'They must really like it when others do', another thought.

MehndiX
May 4th, 2006, 07:12 PM
(ooc: still as Feirefiz here, hope that's ok)

He rolled over onto his back after resting. He had stayed a short distance from the others still. Everything was still very confusing to him, but it was nice to be around others, it had been a while since he'd spent time in anyone elses company. It had been so long. He didn't feel he wanted to intrude, so he listened as the others talked, maybe then he could pick a few things up.

He rolled back onto his front stretched and sat up to clean himself from the previous day. Wash away the dirt and other things that may have found their way into his fur in the fight. His eye no longer hurt and his vision had returned to normal. "Thank goodness for that" he thought.

Psylant Darkeen
May 5th, 2006, 02:10 AM
A smile suddenly crossed the wolf's muzzle. "So guys, are we ready to head out or what? I hope everyone had a good night's sleep! *yawns*"

simbaji
May 5th, 2006, 02:24 PM
The stale yet cool morning air brushed over the cub's face and pelt as he moved closer to the entrance of the cave they were in. simba had been listening only half-so as he had been lost in his own thoughts briefly but brought his attention back to Psylant as the wolf posed his question. Stretching his claws once more he noded to the african lupine then replied.

"As ready as I'm gonna be."

Malaika
May 5th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Malaika looked over at the little cub then back at Psylant.

"Then we leave now." He said gazing out over the valley. "I don't know who's after us but there seems to be something more to my family line than even I know about."

The valley stretched pretty far in one direction. what little mountains there where in this part of africa could be seen though. The pass that they would be going through Seemed prtey wide when looking at it though it would soon seem to engulf them as the sides drew closer to each other like a canyon.

simbaji
May 5th, 2006, 07:42 PM
simba noded to Malaika showing his readiness. As he stepped further into the morning he lifted his muzzle slightly to the winds. Stale and calm as they might be they could tell him many things. His ears also angled this way and that, listening for any sounds that might provide a little information as well. He felt that there were indeed others not far off, but too felt comforted that it seemed that they were friends. He hoped that they would continue to keep up and perhaps join the group moreso as time went on.

Malaika
May 6th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Malaika followed closely behind Simbaji before passing him slightly to lead the small party through the valley and then to the nrth east. With a sigh he reflected on the others he had met along the way wondering why they had eaither left or he had ditched them. Most of them would just spend their time hunting, something that he could not stomache.

He looked back at the new member of the group. A small loupine that didn't seem to be from this regon. A lone wolf who semed to be capable of getting hurt almost the same way he was just the previous day. Though Simbaji was there to help him he would have died for sure. Yet still as he walked he could feel something was wrong with him. A pain still deep in his bowls eating slowly at him. He would just ignore it and hope nothing later would come of it. Little did he know that it would one day kill him.

Psylant Darkeen
May 6th, 2006, 07:34 AM
The wolf followed the others in the group close behind, displaying his rested state with a light hearted gait. It felt so good to be among friends again. He knew he didn?t really know the others and he knew that they didn?t really know him, but even if there wasn?t a true sense of security to be had, his mind would fill in the gaps. For once in his life there was hope of actually accomplishing something. At this point, he still had no idea what that was but by the way the others around him were acting, it was something big, something worth being remembered for, something that may justify a sliver of his existence. That was all he really wanted from life, to be remembered when he was gone as someone who made a difference for fairness and good.
As they walked on he continued occasionally glancing at the others. He found it troubling to look at Malaika though. While the others continually reacted to their environment, Malaika?s eyes and face didn?t so much as budge. It was like he was like he was somewhere else and his body was set on automatic. The cub seemed to be a little more light hearted, but it seemed he too was troubled by numerous things beyond Psy?s comprehension. He would have continued walking and exchanging silent glances, but something was still troubling him. ?Malaika, when exactly ARE we going to eat? I mean uh? not to be a bother or anything but, I haven?t eaten in a long time and don?t have too much energy in me.? He then put his ears back in preparation for the lion?s response.

Malaika
May 6th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Without looking at Psylant he replied in a deep tone whowing his own weariness.

"We ourselves have not truly eaten in some time. Right now find what you can but we are still to be on the move. These lands are still dangerous."

simbaji
May 7th, 2006, 09:31 PM
simba looked between the two as they made their way forward; Malaika at first moving ahead and then Psylant not far behind, talking of food - or rather both the lack thereof and the other fact that it might always be lacking. He didn't enjoy that much himself. Just because he'd been without for some time didn't mean that his stomach didn't protest it.

"Maybe we'll come across something along the way?"

Psylant Darkeen
May 7th, 2006, 11:47 PM
The wolf?s ears suddenly darted to the left quickly followed by his eyes. Without any warning, he froze solid, continuing his gaze. ?Small prey, rabbit sized, may be a snake, I don?t know.?

Malaika
May 17th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Malaika just kept going and didn't care to stop. They had already stopped too many times along the way for everyone else to hunt, plus he didn't want to be sick.

They still had little more than a days journey ahead of them and the pass didn't seem to get much closer. Even if they had to travel through the night they were getting as far away from the Heartlands as posible.

simbaji
May 25th, 2006, 01:51 PM
simba's ears perked and he looked around to where Psylany had. He wasn't sure what it was that the wolf had possibly found. While he himself was usually very good at being able to keep track of what was around him, he had to admit that in the matters of hunting he still had a lot to learn.

He glanced briefly at Malaika and saw him continue on. He knew that they needed to keep going, but he also knew that at some point they'd have to have something to give them the energy to complete the journey they were on, especially if there were going to be more times where they'd have to fight. He looked at Psylant again.

"I'm not sure. I've only hunted a couple times and usually it was with someone else."

Psylant Darkeen
May 27th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Psylant sent a warm smile to the smaller lion. ?Well, this wolf has to eat when he has to eat! Right now, this wolf has to eat.? Psylant slowed for a second while pointing directly at the brush covering the animal. ?Rabbit!? Without any hint of hesitation, the wolf sprinted at the brush and grabbed the rabbit in his muzzle while continuing to run. He then trotted happily back to where the cub was walking beside Malaika. He smiled and dropped the rabbit next to the cub. ?Are ya hungry??

simbaji
May 29th, 2006, 11:30 PM
simba watched as Psylant dropped the rabbit near his paws and smiled. He briefly looked up to Malaika with a look that asked 'May I please?', but doubted the older lion caught sight of his expression. His smile faded a little as he looked to the ground but then looked back to Psylant and noded.

"Very.. but we should probably hurry."

He waited for the lupine to take the first bite as it was his kill.

Psylant Darkeen
June 5th, 2006, 01:35 AM
?What is it?? Psylant said at first. ?Oh, you want me to take first bite? Well, if you insist?? The wolf reached his muzzle down and took the first large bite out of the rabbit. ?Oh, sorry, if I take that big of bites, there?ll be none left for you. Eat up!? Psylant said with a little blood on his muzzle.

simbaji
June 5th, 2006, 02:52 PM
simba didn't mind. While he could eventually make his way into prey, his smaller teeth made the task a little more difficult still than for the adults, and as they were on the move, having the meal already openned into made it that much better for time's sake. The cub got up and stretched a paw onto the carcass and dug in as well, tearing out both a fraction of muscle as well as a piece of one of the organs. It wasn't long before his muzzles was covered with blood as well.

He waited for Psylant to get another chunk then did so himself once again, hurrying, gracefully, to finish what he could before licking at the edges of his muzzle as well as his paw to swipe over his face, cleaning himself back up then standing, looking to where Malaika was padding, readying himself to hurry and catch up.

Malaika
June 5th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Malaika had looked back at the blood and the dead animal. His stomache lurched a bit but then he turned back around and kept walking but not to far. He slowed his pace so that the two could eat. He thought to himself 'How could anyone even eat such a thing?'. He tried to focus his mind on what was ahead of him instead of what was behind.

It was late afternoon when they reached the canyon.

"We shall rest here for a bit." He said to the two.

Psylant Darkeen
June 8th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Psylant casually trotted up next to the lion and sat down. “Sorry if you’re angry we didn’t share Malaika, we were hungry and you didn’t seem to want any which… is odd. I’ve never seen anything your size turn down meat before!”

Malaika
June 8th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Malaika looked away not wanting to talk about it

"I'm really not hungery."

Psylant Darkeen
June 8th, 2006, 09:49 PM
The wolf shruged and rolled on his back. "Fine, more for me! Hehehe"

simbaji
June 12th, 2006, 06:00 AM
simba watched Malaika's reactions and scoffed silently. He knew that his friend was under a great deal of stress, much less the fact that he didn't fain to eat meat, at least not anymore. But that was no excuse for the older lion to constantly berate or seemingly think less of those who it was natural to eat meat, much less offer out of generosity a portion of their kill. Meals were scarce at times and it was the least Malaika could do to show a little manners in return.

The cub changed his demeanor and looked back to Psylant and thanked him for the bites he was able to get. After cleaning himself up he motioned for Psylant that they should hurry and continue now that they'd had at least a morsal to eat.

Malaika
June 15th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Malaika sat thinking about what truely lay ahead. If he could overcome his own fear and keep pressing forward he would find what he was looking for. though if he just went on hoping to find it without chosing too it would wind up being a path that he himself would walk alone. In the end he was going to push on and over come his fears and show everyone that he was going to put an end to the terror in his homelands no matter what it took.

"When you are ready we shall depart from this place."

Psylant Darkeen
June 27th, 2006, 12:53 AM
"I'm ready whenever!" Yelled the wolf. "I mean, how bad can this place be?"

Malaika
June 27th, 2006, 01:54 PM
The earth felt bare and burnned his paw pads as they wandered through the desolate valley. Even though he had never been there a voice came to the back of his mind which sounded more like the voices of war. The voices of screaming. Malaika slowed his pace and a pain clutched at his chest with every breath he took. It wasn't long before he fell to the ground writhing in pain unable to breath.

Psylant Darkeen
July 1st, 2006, 06:51 PM
Psylant suddenly looked over at his friend, now writhing in pain. ?What the hell?? Then he made a quick turn to the smaller lion. ?Hey, what?s hurting him? I?d like to help but? I can?t see any way to! I don?t see anything around here that could have??

simbaji
July 2nd, 2006, 10:56 PM
simba had been lost in his own thoughts and scarcely aware of anything much but their forward movements until the sound of Psylant's voice cut throught the stale air. Quickly he looked up then saw Malaika just as the lupine was trying to find a way to help. Quickly he made his way to his friend's side once more. Unfortunately he himself was just as clueless as to what was wrong with the older lion.

"I'm.. I'm not sure myself. I don't know what's happening."

"Malaika?! Malaika, what's wrong?"

Psylant Darkeen
July 5th, 2006, 05:27 AM
"Somehow-" Psylant said to the cub "I don't think that's going to work. I looks almost as if he's fighting something, but I'm not sure what. It may be a wrong move to interupt him in this state, I think it's out of our paws."

simbaji
August 15th, 2006, 10:07 AM
simba noded then padded up to his older friend. Leaning in closer he whispered into the lion's ear:

"Malaika.. you have to fight it. We can only go so far with you, but you have to decide.. Decide to fight!"

The cub moved back and watched as Malaika continued in his tormented state, hoping that the older lion would come to terms with whatever he was struggling with long enough to do what he needed to do.

Malaika
August 15th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Malaika's eyes opened wide and suddenly he looked to the east. There closing in on their position was a group of humans. In a hourse voice he called to the cub and wolf

"Hide!" That was all he could manage

simbaji
August 24th, 2006, 03:32 PM
simba heard Malaika's words and startled at once. He looked to the lupine that was with him as if to ask where they should hide and instantly after began looking for a place to go. It was difficult to know where to hide when he didn't know from whom or what he was hiding from. Either way, cover was needed and he hurried to find it.

Malaika
September 11th, 2006, 09:04 AM
OOC: This is not Malaika but a cheeta cub

Duma, the cheetah cub, was out about playing when he picked up a strange scent on the winds. He ears lowered and he crouched as he made his way towards the scent. Thats when he saw a cub sitting next to a lion. He had never seen another cub before especially not one that had spots, at least spots that weren't like his. Quickly and quietly he ran back to the small village that he was raised in. Having lost his parents to mange he had been taken in and cared for by the humans. these human's, though, were different, they could actually speak to animals.

The cheetah ran to the village elder and his guardian and told him the news of what seemed to be going on just outside the area that he played. The elder closed his eyes and felt something odd about the group the cub had told him about and sent for a couple of his students in the arts of herbal healing to go out to the group. Duma follwed them and as they neared Duma heard the lion speak and tell the cub to run as he had just seen the humans.

Psylant Darkeen
September 26th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Psylant hadn’t really been paying much attention and when Malaika said “hide,” all he really heard was a deep breath. However, after the other two had gotten behind cover, Psylant decided it would be in his best interest to follow suit. So, after laying himself flat in some tall grass, he perked up his ears to get an idea of what was actually going on. The grass rustling around him made too much noise for the wolf to get any more than a general idea of where the sounds where coming from, and he still had no idea what was making them.

Malaika
September 30th, 2006, 01:36 PM
OOC: This is not Malaika but a cheeta cub

The cheetah cub ran over to the lion but quickly picked up another scent other than the huge feline. It seemed there where others too.

The big lion just laid there unmoving as the humans took out a pouch to give him some herbal remedy.

The cub called out unknowing where the others where.

"It's alright. Your friend will be fine. We are going to take him to the village to be looked after for a while. you can come along if you wish."

Malaika
November 3rd, 2006, 12:22 AM
OOC: i think its some one elses turn to post :vitsm:

Asadi
January 24th, 2007, 12:53 AM
OOC: kind of waiting to figure out where Nasibu fits in here.;)

Malaika
January 25th, 2007, 03:05 AM
-Deleted by user- It is some elses turn to post

Malaika
March 20th, 2007, 06:42 AM
There may be another player coming. Quite possibly Imbali.

simbaji
March 27th, 2007, 06:26 AM
simba's ears perked as he heard the words of the cheetah cub and immediately stopped in his tracks. Malaika had told them to take cover yet now his same friend was being taken away! Himself being a cub, at least in stature, he was ill-equiped to do too much to intervene physically, but that didn't mean that he was out for the count. Turning to quickly head back towards his friend and this newcomer he called out:

Hey, wait! Who are you? And why are you taking Malaika to a village?

His words were spawned not only out of curiosity but a deep mistrust for any "village" as villages usually meant humans. Humans, with the exception of one, perhaps two, meant danger. And so his queries were stated more as a warning than simple interest.

Malaika
March 27th, 2007, 10:31 AM
* this is not Malaika*
The cheetah cub turned around in surprise. He had known there were others but he didn't expect one to actually show himself and not while his back was turned.

"I am Duma. I live in the village. The humans there are going to help him."

Duma sighed as he loked back towards the humans who where carrying the lion.

"They don't know how long he has."

simbaji
March 27th, 2007, 12:06 PM
He had known another cheetah by the name Duma, but knew that far from the friend the other had been, this one was certainly a stranger. That the cheetah cub spoke of the humans knowing of Malaika, or at least his plight, only served to highten the tension he already felt about the situation. Malaika had no love for humans, had fought and feasted on their flesh, and had nearly downed Fernando once. The older lion clearly had no love for the species and anyone claiming to be there to "help" him was doing so without his knowledge.

simba wasted no time in catching up and quickly reached a paw to grab Duma's shoulder to stop him. Many of their group were fallen or missing and he had no intention of watching it happen again! With a sharp tone of voice and solid measure of authority he chided at once.

"What do you and the humans want with Malaika?!"

While simba's experiences with humans may have been less traumatic than Malaika's, his own brushes with them left him with no doubt that they were not to be trusted in the slightest, and those who aligned themselves with them were just as dangerous.

Malaika
March 27th, 2007, 05:29 PM
*this is not Malaika*

The cheetah cub stopped and sighed looking at the other cub.

"They only wish to help him. If its who they claim then he has a hard time ahead that only they can help with. The village elder spoke of a lion, who is a descendant of the Valley Pride. The pride may not exist but the shadow of the worst of the ancestors has been risen and only the one with the power in his heart, especially for the one he loves, can stop the evil one."

Duma's ears perked as he heard someone call.

"We must hurry"

simbaji
March 27th, 2007, 07:44 PM
simba was not amused by the dismissing attitude displayed by the cheetah cub and dug his claws in slightly as the spotted feline tried to hurry to leave

"If they hurt him I'll hold you responsible.. you'll be responsible for the entire village.."

With that he swiped his paw away from Duma and followed close behind, glancing back to see if by chance any of the others had made it. Either way he did not like where this was going.

Malaika
March 27th, 2007, 10:47 PM
*note*

Kikuyu (Gikuyu)
Having migrated to their current location about four centuries ago, the Kikuyu now make up Kenya?s largest ethnic group.

Maasai
The Maasai, famous as herders and warriors, once dominated the plains of East Africa. Now however they are confined to a fraction of their former range.

This is according to today so the poacher wars was against the Maasai. The village we are headed to is that of the Kikuyu

Psylant Darkeen
March 27th, 2007, 11:17 PM
The wolf perked his ears and looked around at the others. While they had been locked in deep conversation, Psylant was simply sniffing the air and listening to the occasional leaf blow by on a little gust. When the talking stopped, he finally tuned back in.
“So, does mean we’re getting on the move again?”

Malaika
April 1st, 2007, 04:54 AM
*NOT MALAIKA*

the cheetah hurriedly ran ahead of the rest trying not to let the lion cubs words get to him. He knew the humans would take care of the older lion as they had taken care of him.

He looked back with a small glance then looked ahead quickly hoping it hadn't caught the feisty cubs attention.

simbaji
April 1st, 2007, 01:45 PM
simba watched with a skeptical eye as the cheetah cub ran ahead. Humans were capable of just about everything consistent with destruction, massacre and self-gain, with little room for selflessness that he'd seen.

It was true that those traits could be found in everyone and every species, but then so could blood - and that rarely proved the heart. The cub knew that he'd be no match for this village anyway, but that would not stop him from doing anything in his power to resist and fight if needed.

Following quick on the heels of the cheetah cub, simba himself looked back to Psylant and called out with a nod.

"Sure are, better hurry!"

Malaika
April 1st, 2007, 05:09 PM
*not Malaika or Duma*

Chumbe watched as the others brought the lion into his hut. He nodded slightly recognizing the scar on the lions face. The expression on his own was that of sadness as he thought about the terrible tragedy soon to fall upon all of Africa, should this lion truly die. He turned his gaze, slowly, to the approaching cubs and a lupine. The lion cub held his attention the most. There was something about this cub that he couldn't shake from his mind. He would have to speak with him later. for now he needed to take care of the older lion.

"Duma." He called out. "Show these two to the main hut. Make sure they are given food and something to drink. They look starved."

simbaji
April 2nd, 2007, 03:44 AM
Though fast to follow Duma, simba slowed his pace noticabley as they entered the outskirts of the village. Paws that normally felt grasses or earth beneath them now tread over prints made by humans. It was an errie feeling. Never before had he ventured into a human village before. Fernando spoke once or twice of the injustices he had suffered at the hands of his own kind, and simba wondered with chilled thought if these humans were the ones who had done that to his friend, or knew of those who did.

The cub kept an eye on Malaika as best he could before watching the older lion disappear into a wooden cave dwelling of the human's design. He hoped that the older lion would be ok, as well as hoped, even if briefly, that these people could help. simba would be in there helping too, if he could, but the humans seemed intent on doing what there were without the assistance or company of him or any of the other creatures. It had taken him a moment to realize in retrospect that he had heard the one human speak to Duma as though communication were possible. Fernando had been raised by cheetahs and so could speak with nature, and there were a seldom other few. simba tucked that bit of thought away for further reflection later.

Malaika
April 2nd, 2007, 04:00 AM
*Duma*

Duma looked back to the cub and beckoned him and the lupine to follow him to the center of the village then into an empty hut. It was bigger than the others. the interior held a mural on the back wall that was painted on the backs of warthog skins which seemed to depict a couple lions standing by each other hansom in figure and strong enough to move mountains. Next to them was a lion laying on the ground with a dark lion spirit hovering over him that seemed to laugh at the fallen. One showed a lion holding the paw of another who lay smiling looking up at the former.. The rest were faded and there were empty spot all painted around what looked like Mt. Kilimanjaro.

"My father wants to talk to you." Duma said to the cub. He nodded to the different small places to sit. The smell of hornbill feathers emenated from the differnt piles around the room.

simbaji
April 2nd, 2007, 04:19 AM
simba followed Duma a short distance and slowly entered the wooden cave the cheetah had led them to. As he made it a few paces into the place he stopped and looked around. Again an unsettling feeling came over him as his amber-red eyes peered around the room. There were several wall paintings with lions all around. He didn't know which was troubling him more - the fact that so many lions were painted in here, presumably by these humans, or the poses and expressions depicted. simba was quickly brought back to the moment when he heard Duma say something about the cheetah's father wanting to talk with him.

"Your father? What about?", he asked somewhat skeptically.

Asadi
April 2nd, 2007, 11:42 PM
A lioness had noticed the goings on. Right now, she was lost. Or was she? This felt like the place to her. Nasibu stopped at the village, staring in awe. It seemed threatening...However, she continued onward, curious of these other felines. Her eyes caught on Malaika, clearly he was in distress. Oh how she wanted to help! "Forgive my intrusion......Is...Is there anything I can do?" Only the urge to provide help kept her from turning tail.

Malaika
April 3rd, 2007, 01:06 PM
*Duma*
"I'm not sure. But after he tends to your friend he'll be here."

*Chumbe*
Walked out of the hut and looked at the lioness that had asked about helping.

"If you wish to help my little friend then go right ahead in. but only if you know how to help the condition he is in." The human said then turned to head to the main hut.

simbaji
April 22nd, 2007, 06:58 AM
simba noded in reply and decided to move not far from where he was and wait. All the while he looked around and tried to make sense of what the images on the wall meant and what kind of a place they had found themselves in.

Malaika
April 22nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
*Chumbe*

Slowly walks through the door of the hut and sighs. He looks for a moment at Simbaji.

"Jambo my new friends." He says to the two. "I hope I have not kept you waiting long. I am Chumbe, the shaman of this village. From what I've seen one of you is good with herbs. You've learned well. your friend is sleeping right now in a deep sleep. We don't have the herbs requried to help him out of the darkness brought upon him."
Looks at both of them then looks over at Duma. Duma nods slightly as they both wait for Simbaji's responce on the situation.

simbaji
April 22nd, 2007, 04:25 PM
Hearing the voice of the human entering, the cub turns and looks to see him. It unsettled him to talk with humans and he wasn't about to let down his guard.

"What do you want with us?"

Malaika
April 23rd, 2007, 02:22 AM
*Chumbe*

Tries to choose his words carefully.

"We used to live with the Valley pride long ago when we could fully talk to animals. I am one of the last who can. Everyone else has lost there way. We were one of two groups that needed to make sure the pride continued. I've failed in my duties and the other group has disappeared." The Human sighs sadly. "There are those in the village who are afraid of your friend being here. If we don't help him then I fear the end for us all." He looks over at one of the paintings. "Many seasons ago the Valley pride suffered a great loss when Kito passed and his eldest ran away. I sat in watched in sadness as the Troop of Mandrills watching over them, the others I mentioned, split. With-in the family lies a power to help protect should evil find its way into the lands. The Valley pride is only one of four with this power." Sighs again. "I want to go into too much detail but I don't know how to put it. Your friend cannot die or his Uncle, Chaos, will use the power for evil, should he find out how to use it. Only those of the family line will be able to stop him but he won't be alone. I knew this day would come when he would bring someone he truly loved here to keep a terrible prophecy from being fulfilled.

simbaji
April 23rd, 2007, 07:23 PM
simba listened to the words the human spoke with both interest and skepticism. In all his dealings with Fernando he had never learned just how many humans could communicate with the animals still and so could not easily gauge the truthfulness of what he was being told now. He glanced briefly over to the painting the human spoke briefly of and wished Thandi were here. Surely she would know of everything being talked about. True that she had never mentioned it before, but then they had had their own things to deal with during their time together and such concerns were probably far removed from them. The cub looked back as the human finished.

"I still don't understand what that has to do with us or with me. If what you said was true, that explains a little about Malaika, but what does this have to do with me?"

Malaika
April 23rd, 2007, 08:28 PM
*Chumbe*

"I don't know. I don't know much about the legend. It was passed down to me long ago. Right now though we need to help your friend. In the south the is a plant known as Belbos. It has silvery leaves, red flowers and balloon like seed pods. I need the leaves to help him. I can't leave here for fear of what the others will do. There isn't much time."

simbaji
April 23rd, 2007, 08:41 PM
The cub nodded and rose back to his paws. Without offering other words he turned to leave the dwelling they were in. Once outside the doorway he looked to both sides then made a run towards the south. He wasn't sure if he could find the plant he was told about, but he hoped that it would help as he was told.

Malaika
April 23rd, 2007, 08:43 PM
*chumbe*

Sighed as he watched from the door.

"May Aiheu Guide you safely on your journey."

simbaji
April 23rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
He was completely lost to this place he had followed Malaika to. He had traveled many places but this was the first he'd been this far east - at least in the direction they had set out on. simba was careful to note as many things around him as possible so that he'd be able to find his way back. He'd left without a second thought as he journeyed on. If the lands had guided him here then his fate would be their will, and nothing he could do would change it. And so his eyes scanned everywhere his gaze fell, looking with every hope for the flower he had been sent to retrieve

Malaika
April 23rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
*deleted by owner*

Psylant Darkeen
April 25th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Psylant looked up from licking his forepaws. The whole conversation with the humans had been lost to the wolf's ears. He picked out a few words he found important such as "safely on your journey." Now knowing that another move was probably in his future, he raised his muzzle, sniffed for any easy food, and then stretched himself out for a quick rest before any major journey started. It had only been a few hours since he had eaten, but as a wolf, the search was never over for more stomach filler. However, not finding any interesting scents on the wind, Psylant put a paw over his eyes and yawned. "We've been walking all day, can't we just get a few minutes?"

simbaji
April 30th, 2007, 02:50 AM
It wasn't long before the sounds of the village were quieted by the dense jungles that surrounded him. The cub spared a moment to look back briefly, as much to keep his bearings as to contemplate a moment the strange place he and the others had been led into. It worried him to leave the others in the care of the humans, especially so soon after a dealy battle that ended in certain blood-shed for some and the disappearance of several of their camp - many good and trusted friends. As a little while ago and now, he hoped that the lands would keep them all safe. Such wishes couldn't always be granted, but they could be hoped for and looked forward to.

The sound of branches and leaves rustling above him startled the cub back into remembering that he had precious little time; moreso though, the sounds that jarred his senses into a slightly higher state of alert served to remind him that he was alone out here - something he realized he should continue to hope for. Not all who walked these parts were friendly.

simba continued his journey southward, eyes all the while scanning for this elusive flower that he had been told about. Some time back his own dad had taught him a small portion of how to use herbs, flowers, seeds and all manner of various parts of nature. At first his training had been restricted to the learning of use of such pastes alone. He hadn't been taught just how to make them at that point, but there was more than enough to try and learn between which pastes could be used for what, which ones to mix, and which ones to be very cautious of. In time he began to learn how to make his own varieties. However, he had never once heard of or seen the flower he was looking for now.

The cub's eyes scanned carefully the bushes and ground that he traversed. Judging by the description he had been given and the available plants and flowers to his view now, he became more confident that he would know the flower when he saw it, nothing came close to matching it's description now.

Chaospride
April 30th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Chaos looked about the small group and snarled.

"I've received word that Malaika is not dead." With a half roar. "Do I have to do things myself? At least the poison has taken its toll. I want you to finish him off. I need to take care of a little problem in the south. The herb used to treat this poison lies in the southern part of Africa. It will take a long time for anyone to get there. If they send a human that human will have trouble looking for the shrub since I will have it destroyed. A few of you will come with me to help the rest must head north. Now go."

Chaos looks away to the south and grins.

"This will be the end of my brothers legacy and soon my own legacy will begin."

Haleo
May 3rd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Bahati decided it was about time she got up from her nap. Trudging up, she slowly walked on, in between a Lions conversation. She sighed.
She groaned. Or was that her stomach. She looked around, and pretty much collapsed into the first waster hole she spotted.
And no, she did not care where she was.

kami
May 3rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
The lands seemed so desolate now. Where there was once life lay nothing but ash and cracked dry earth. The dark clouds overhead gave an omenous feeling as if some evil presence lurked about. Aiheu's brother maybe. The albino african fox made his way slowly to the north and hopfully to the jungles edge. He wouldn't go in of course as it was to humid for him. Something was pulling him that way. It wasn't the lion he had been following. He had lost the groups direction a few days back. No, this was somthing else. He could feel the lions pain, though faint. One of the others seemed to be near-by. The fox lifted his muzzle skyward and closed his eyes slowly, as if in prayer. His muzzle opening slightly to whisper to someone who wasn't there.

"Uliye Mbinguni, jina lako litukuzwe. Ufalme wako ufike. Utakalo lifanyike duniani kama mbinguni. Utusamehe makosa yetu, kama tunavyowasamehe. Usitutie katika kishawishi, lakini utuopoe maovuni. amina."

He lowers his head and cries silently sitting there in the cold grey afternoon.

Haleo
May 4th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Bahati's Head perked up. She listened closely and tried to make out the things he said. "Pardon...?" she asked.

kami
May 4th, 2007, 03:32 PM
[iKami turns his head sadly and looks at the stranger.[/i]
"I was praying to Aiheu."

simbaji
May 5th, 2007, 04:02 PM
simba's journey had lasted several days now. His paws were sore and tired from the constant pace he was trying to keep up. Little time had been taken out for drinking water or bothering with food much. At this rate he wouldn't last long. And so, with a heavy sigh, he sat down a moment, looking around to see if he could catch any hint of a stream or source of water. Food would be another matter altogether - not having the best track record as it was even in his homelands. He was smart and capable, but it was berries and other various forms of vegetation that he was best at managing - anything with sheer substance was still in the majority far beyond his abilities for his size.

Chaospride
May 5th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Chaos watched from a distance noticing the little cubs distress. With a small twisted grin he walks up to the cub and pretends to offer his friendship.

"Are you lost little one?"

simbaji
May 6th, 2007, 04:17 AM
The cub startled straight-way and lept to his paws at the sound of the voice he heard. Ears and eyes quickly found the source - that of an older dark lion. simba could swear he felt his heart stop for a moment. He didn't know why the image of whom he thought it was had filled his minds eye so quickly, but he was relieved that it wasn't someone from his past; though at the moment he wasn't sure how at ease he should feel anyway. simba was so trusting at times - nearly to a fault - but circumstances required a little more prudence in judgement. So much was at stake.

"No, not really. A little. I'm actually trying to find something and haven't done so well so far. Do I know you?"

He couldn't help but shake the trepid feeling he had, but then he was exhausted. Perhaps this lion could help. Still... was that grin sarcasm or something...

Haleo
May 7th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Bahati became intrigued and stood up, suddenly gaining the strenth to move. "I'm not familiar with that god." she said, interested. "I come from a different Pride.

Chaospride
May 9th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Slowly walked closer

"I'm just a rogue in this land, or whats left of it. What might you be seeking?

kami
May 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Looks to the sky

"He is the protector of all life in africa."

simbaji
May 9th, 2007, 09:36 PM
As blindly trusting as he could be at times, simba began to back up a little, keeping a feel of the ground beneath his paws.

"A.. a flower I was told about"

Already he felt he might have given away more than he should. For as helpful as this lion seemed to offer to be, he sure seemed reticent to give much up about himself.

Chaospride
May 9th, 2007, 11:20 PM
"What flower could possibly grow here anymore? It couldn't be fore a little lover being you can so far out here. Could it be one for medicinal purposes?"

Pretends to care.

"Am I correct? Maybe not. What would a cub be doing with flowers to heal with? A cub knows nothing of using these plant's. Well either way you won't find what your looking for around here. No,no,no. Its the lands beyond the southern desert that hold many flowers."

Smiles mischievously.

"Tell me, little one, whom you might be and I will tell you who I am."

simbaji
May 10th, 2007, 06:49 AM
"The Southern Desert?"

How could it be so far? It wasn't that he wasn't willing to do what he needed, but it didn't make sense that anyone would have watched him wander of nearly aimlessly and expect him to travel so far without company, help or direction? He almost started to blame the humans for this, but then that feeling again, the feeling that something might be wrong, that he should be cautious. This lion seemed to want to try to help, but it was shrouded in vagueness, a tit for tat that bordered on luring. If this lion had wanted him dead, wouldn't he have been killed by now? Why the game? Still, something didn't sit right.

"My dad taught me some, a while ago, but it's not for me, it's for a close friend. He was hurt and the others asked me to help."

Already he again felt the stinging pain that said he had told too much. Even if this lion wouldn't help, it didn't mean he didn't know what he was looking for. Apparently he knew something of certain medicines. And if he knew something, that meant it might be possible to find out. Of course, at his size, the line between confidence in himself and the harsh realities of life beyond the borders of his Pride was razor thin.

"My name is simba, of... of a Pride near the plains."

He had almost given a crucial piece of information away - a piece that very well could give someone more than was needed right now. He would like to think that the name of his Pride would one day engender feelings of respect, at the very least. Right now though, with enemies abounding and lives already having been lost, it was wiser to be less generous with names given to strangers.

Chaospride
May 10th, 2007, 03:35 PM
"Simba. I'm chaos. Who might your friend be?"

Chaos was now more than curious. If this cub was the one to help he thought needed help then he would have to get rid of him before he found the plant.

Haleo
May 10th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Bahati smiled. "What a wonderful God..." she lowered her head and looked up at him slightly. "Are You from here?'

simbaji
May 11th, 2007, 04:22 AM
A cool brush of wind swept through his fur, a sign that something was definitely amiss. He backed up a little more, though not too quickly and not too fast - he didn't want to give the impression that he was going to fall into the roll of prey for this lion.

Another lion in our Pride. But if the flowers are farther south I should probably get going again.

Chaospride
May 11th, 2007, 04:13 PM
As much as chaos seemed like it. He was not a Monster. It was not who he thought it was and so sat down and curled his tail about him.

"I'm sorry if I'm scaring you little one. I wish to help, honestly. I did think you where someone else. Thats not important though." Chaos said in all honesty. "I can help you through the southern desert. What flower is it you seek?"

simbaji
May 11th, 2007, 04:58 PM
At seeing the lion sit down it helped disarm him a little, but he didn't dismiss his feelings altogether. He didn't know what to make of Chaos. Was he a rogue, or someone he should fear or trust? Even if he worked to allay his fears, trust would have to come a little more slowly - he was still very, very far from any help; and clearly Chaos was after someone for less than comforting purposes.

"I guess it's actually more like a plant. It has silvery leaves, red flowers and balloon-like seed pods. Have you heard of or seen it?"

simba hoped that whoever this was that he really would help. He still couldn't shake the uneasy feeling he had inside, but he had to know what Chaos was up to as well; and with the dark lion as he was, the cub knew he would have to walk the line between truth and deception very carefully. Hopefully not for long.

Chaospride
May 11th, 2007, 06:39 PM
"Yes I know which plant you speak of. I grows only in one place but its past the Southern desert. Are you sure you want to go there?"

simbaji
May 12th, 2007, 05:50 AM
simba sighed and lowered his head for a moment. Looking at things he didn't know what options he had. He needed the plant, yet he didn't quite trust Chaos. He wasn't sure if the lion would even lead him in the right direction, yet he also wasn't sure what Chaos would do if simba tried to run or part ways so soon after being offered help.

"I am, can you point me in the direction? You don't need to follow, I can make it on my own. I'm sure you have better things to do and I've gone a long ways on my own before."

Chaospride
May 12th, 2007, 09:23 AM
"The southern desert is harsh though. No one goes it alone and survives. I have things I need to do there anyways. I must leave for now. I'm heading to the edge of the southern desert. If you can't find anyone else to travel with you I will be waiting there."

Chaos takes his leave to the south and soon is a small spot on the horizon.

simbaji
May 12th, 2007, 02:57 PM
The cub sighed a weighted sigh of relief as he watched Chaos disappear into the distance. He had know idea if he was going to make it out of this alive or not. He looked back towards the direction he had been traveling from for a moment. He had already been traveling for days, there wouldn't be enough time to go back and find someone to help him; no, Malaika was loosing time and simba had to hurry. At best he would have to keep a more watchful eye.

He startled at hearing a branch snap and looked to the right. He couldn't see anyone but cautiously approached. He peeked through a small thicket of branches and to his surprise and gratitude what he discovered was not an intruder but a small stream with water. Quickly he dropped down and started drinking at the water, quenching his thirst fully. After taking well more than his fill, simba turned to begin his trek southward then paused. There, not far from where he had heard the sound initially, was a small animal. He didn't recognize it's kind, but either way he discovered it was dead. The cub looked to either side and couldn't see anyone. All clear he quickly sank his teeth into the gift of food. It wasn't much, but it would be enough to get him that much closer to where he needed to be.

He didn't know if Chaos had left it for him or if it had been sheer luck. Whatever the case he was grateful. Time was once again slipping and simba began his trek towards the south once more.

kami
May 12th, 2007, 09:59 PM
looks at the lion and thinks

well sort of but not really this part.

simbaji
May 21st, 2007, 01:22 PM
He must have covered several more miles before the end of another day drew near. With tired paws and near-scant breath, the youth decided to rest for now. As urgent as it was that he find the plant it wouldn't do any good if he never made it at all. Stopping for a moment the cub scanned the area around him and found an overhang of branches within a bush that would be perfect to seclude himself within. Padding over and beneath the proffered shade simba looked back from the direction of travel he had made it here through. A small amount of worry pressed upon him as he knew he was beginning to struggle with keeping track of all the turns and paths he'd had made. The jungle could be unforgiving at times in that respect and he only hoped that too many more landmarks wouldn't be needed to finish getting him to his destination and back. And so he closed his eyes, asleep to the world as his body worked to recover it's strength for the journey that was ahead.

kami
May 29th, 2007, 04:57 AM
well I will need to be going......

Walks for what seems to be forever until reaching a jungle area and walks into it and looks around just like there is something he should know he can find. Getting the feeling that there is something there he finds a cub laying in the brush asleep

simbaji
May 30th, 2007, 04:03 PM
The images seemed to ripple and shift from one nightmarish image to the next. The young cub saw himself and the others playing, only to hear the saddened voice of a mandrill rivet his heart into deep sorrow the next. He could see it, see him, falling down the side of the gorge. Kijana's lifeless body layed there before him when he suddenly felt a cold paw press upon his shoulder. Suddenly he was no longer near the edge of the gorge, but was now in his cavern deep within the earth, looking up at a shadowed figure that shifted forms to a demon, hideous and eyes a glow with red fire. Even as the creature loomed over him and laughed he saw the demon shift forms once more into that of a huge, dark lion - Adiemus.

No!!!

The small cub shot straight up from his sleep; eyes wide and body shaking. With quick,labored breaths he looked around, trying to swallow at the dry lump he felt in his throat. As he began to slowly calm himself down he looked around at the place he had found himself in. Nothing was familiar, the night as dark as the nightmare he woke from. Why, why this dream again? He had very nearly the same dream some seasons ago when he had been traveling on his own and exploring a strange land. Maybe that was it. But why so dark a dream? He hadn't seen images of that part of his past for some time now.

kami
June 1st, 2007, 05:08 AM
sees the cub wake up and jumps a little

hi there are you ok?

gets a little closer to see if the cub is ok

simbaji
June 1st, 2007, 06:16 AM
Still slightly disoriented from his dream and being suddenly approached by another lion still, the cub was instantly to his paws and backing up. To have seen so few people around for days and then to have the encounter that he'd had with Chaos, he wasn't too anxious for another round.

"S...stay back! Who are you?"

Chaospride
June 4th, 2007, 03:28 AM
The dark lion made his way through the thick jungle panting heavily in the night. He had been traveling almost non stop since he had met the cub. There was something about the cub that he couldn't put his paw on. Yet the name seemed familiar. like a small splinter in his mind the name haunted him. Like the Pride wars when he had been crushed. The thought of that place, or was it a night mare? The deep black chasm burning with sulfur and fire from brimstone. It was more than enough to haunt any being.

This was his only chance to finish what had started many seasons ago.

kami
June 10th, 2007, 05:04 PM
[i]walks a little up to the cub giving a submissive gesture to him, trying to show he doesn't want to harm him.[i/]

I just feel like i need to help you. That is if you are wanting help from a little fox like me.

simbaji
June 11th, 2007, 03:14 AM
simba eye'd the fox with great hesitation. It had to be more than mere coincidence that in as many days now, two complete strangers appeared - both offering him their help. Back home such actions weren't so uncommon, but out here in the wild and with everyone action either hostile or incredibly strange he couldn't make heads or tails of it all. What he did know was that he wasn't going to let this fox, Chaos or anyone else stop him or get in his way; bad enough that he had taken what time he had to sleep. He noticed too that the fox didn't answer who he was.

"Another lion has already tried to help. I'll yell if you come any closer! Who are you?"

kami
June 19th, 2007, 10:04 PM
looks into the cubs eyes for a few seconds a faint glow comes the foxes eyes as he says to the cub.

Baada ya dhiki faraja

simbaji
July 4th, 2007, 05:20 PM
simba watched as the foxes eyes began to glow - unsettling him all the more, even if the words spoken were meant to try and bring encouragement. Whatever was going on with this place, he was more certain with each passing minute that he wanted to be done with it.

"What is it with you? What do you want with me?"

kami
July 14th, 2007, 11:40 PM
don't be afraid Ahieu is watching over you.

nuzzles slightly and then falls over from being weak from hunger

simbaji
August 7th, 2007, 06:07 PM
simba watched as the fox collapsed. He didn't know what to make of this, nor the message delivered. Time was so fast slipping yet he couldn't just leave this stranger without help. Padding up to him he leans down and nudges.

I can't stay, I have something, a matter of life and death, that I have to attend to. Is there anything I can do to help before I go?

Malaika
August 28th, 2007, 06:36 PM
The shadows of the night grew colder and more desolate as the lion walked about the foreboding lands. It all looked familiar to him yet it was more alien. Where was he? The last thing he remembered was the battle between himself and the rogues. Something wasn't right. Without lifting a paw he began to move again but this time in a direction he didn't know and into a dark place lost unto him. There in the thickness of the night he could make out two figures. He recognized the smaller figure instantly. He tried to call out but his words seemed to fall upon deaf ears. Laying almost unconscious next to him was a fox whose body seemed to glow for him yet casted no light upon the cub.

He had felt this same radiance once before but couldn't remember where. Like a splinter in the minds eye it finally came to him.

"Oh god, no!" He cried. "Please don't take simba away from me. Aiheu I beg you, take me instead. You've given me life again through your angel here. Just don't let him take this cub from me."

A tear fell from his eyes which splashed on the ground nearby. The wind seemed to pick up a bit but never blowing through him instead it flowed around him keeping any form reaching the cub. Yet the trees around them began to sway a little but only for an instant. As if to show the cub that he was being protected. Malaika was there with them both.

kami
October 4th, 2007, 06:07 PM
lifts my head and looks at cub

let me help you find what you are looking for because I too want to help malaika.

simbaji
October 4th, 2007, 08:14 PM
simba thought about this for a moment then looked back to the fox. He was still unsure about traveling with another, but it was a risk he decided to take. If the fox was sincere it would help, and if it were a trap or ploy, the sooner he discovered it the sooner he could deal with it.

"We don't have much time. Do you know what flower I'm looking for?

kami
October 8th, 2007, 09:41 PM
not allowing his hunger to get to him he struggles to his paws and replies thinking hard about the situation.

"The flower you seek is a long ways in the south. The Belbos."

The fox thought back to the time that Aiheu had created the wildlife of africa. The plant itself had red petals blending into stalks of green and was very helpful with a lot of things. ( http://www.minwater.co.za/afrikaans/images/gallery/flora2/sml/gansies.jpg )

simbaji
October 9th, 2007, 04:16 PM
The cub noded in reply then turned to head towards the south once more.

"Then we haven't a moment to loose!

Even though it appeared this fox knew of the flower and the way to go to get there, so did the lion that had just been here not long before. Tenacity would be his guide as he hedged forward. Fox, lion or none at all could accompany him as they may. He had spent too much time already just trying to rest himself.

kami
November 7th, 2007, 11:57 AM
The fox got up slowly and tried to follow intently. He was unaccustomed to being in a physical form as long as he had. He was unaware of the consequences it brought having done what he had volunteered to do. He would keep his secret from simba for now wondering if he should ever tell him. He had only recognized the cub from brief flashes of memory he had acquired. he could sense something different about simba but was unsure entirely what it was. Aiheu didn't mention anything about what he was supposed to do exactly at this point. Only that with the task he had originally been sent to do would he risk losing his powers little by little. If they could be called powers. He knew Aiheu had sent him give life back to some one in return it made him mortal. With his mortality he still had some of his abilities that he could use. Though should he use them he will lose them one by one.

simbaji
November 28th, 2007, 03:23 AM
simba quickly made his way through the forest and towards the direction they had talked of. He still wasn't quite sure what to make of the fox though, nor did he have any idea if he would meet up with the other lion that had tried to help. Only time would tell. One thing he did know, that the sooner he made it to where he needed to be, the sooner he'd have the answers he was curious about. Good or bad.

Malaika
December 20th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Chaos:

The lion walked about the sweltering jungle thinking about what he was really doing there. He should have overseen the destruction of the human village but in away he was ashamed to even think about what he was doing. He knew his father, Mohatu, would not approve. then again he had given control of the pride to his older brother Kilimanjaro. In the end he did get the pride but at a cost. His beloved mate whom had been killed by his brother. After having his revenge he lost everything. which almost included his life. He didn't want Malaika to know that it was partially his, chaos, fault for the human attack. so the village had to be destroyed. another thing bothered him. should his only living relative die by his paws or should they work to rebuild the once beautiful kingdom his father had brought about with the help of the humans. no the kingdom was rightfully Chaos' and Malaika had to go one way or another.

kami
January 7th, 2008, 04:20 AM
"I'm sorry I didn't show myself to you sooner."

The fox said as he trotted along side the cub. they both seemed about the same size.

"I only just caught up on your trail after the battle. I've been following Malaika for quite some time now."

simbaji
January 15th, 2008, 03:34 PM
At the rate they had been traveling it would hopefully be no later than dawn of the next day when they'd reach the place they were heading to. For most of the time simba and Kami traveled in relative silence - which was just as well as the cub couldn't afford any more distractions. Kami's apology broke that silence.

"It's OK, I'm used to traveling alone. I am curious though why you've been following Malaika and what that has to do with me?"

kami
January 17th, 2008, 07:46 AM
It didn't occure to the fox that he might have said to much but since he was not used to company himself he decided to tell the tale as they kept their pace

"Aiheu sent me to keep watch over you and Malaika. did you ever wonder what caused Maalika to lose his memory?" Kami didn't wait for a responce. "Or why he's chacing a shadow? Malaika had died in the last few moments of the battle with the humans. That shadow was his uncle making sure that Malaika was dead. He wants to know whats so special about his Family pride. The reason why his father, Mohatu, only told his brother. I don't want to go into a whole story thats not mine to tell. so as I was saying. I was sent to watch over both of you and when Malaika died i did the only thing I could do knowing ful well the consiquenses. In return for giving Malaika his life back I took all his memories and became mortal. even though I am a fallen angel now I am still fulfilling Aiheu's command. It's not time for either of you to go. when its time Aiheu will call for you and you will know."

simbaji
February 19th, 2008, 03:05 PM
As simba padded along, he listened to Kami's story and it intrigued him. He knew a little about Malaika, at least as much as was told him both before and after his friend left to fight the humans, but he hadn't heard anything about Ahieu. It did bring a chill to him to hear that Ahieu would call for him when his time came. Was it that, or perhaps the fact that he recalled a very vivid memory of a time when he had been offered to leave this world. He was out in the savanna. He remembered he was sad, in pain. His early years had been less than kind and left many scars. The lands had asked much of him. It was the lands too that had shown him, offered him a chance to leave this all behind and join them. There had been a strong wind followed by a serene calm. And there, not too distant from him, was a light. He couldn't explain it, but he knew what it was. The lands were calling for him to join them. While a part of him was happy, the rest of him had been briefly scared. He didn't know if he was ready, even though it had been something in a way he had longed for over a long period of time. Looking back he wasn't sure why he was given that chance, he just hoped that when the time was right that he would be given it again. Always a stalwart sentinel for the lands, simba had slipped thie last while, become negligent in his duties. He felt bad, but knew that the source for this errancy lay in his scarred soul. The pains he had endured all these years had hurt him deeply. But things were changing, and he had much work left to be done. The lands had given him hope elsewhere and was waking inside once more. He had always maintained that the lands would be the death of him someday. As he was still here, that day would not be today.

"Well hopefully we can get the plant back to Malaika in time then."

He couldn't help but let a morbid thought enter his mind. Briefly he looked back to Kami and asked:

"So.. if you hold all of Malaika's memories, what happens if you die?

He felt bad for asking and didn't want to make his question seem threatening or trite, but ever curious he couldn't help but ask. He rarely trusted anything that scented of magic anymore, but decided to chance the inquiry.

kami
February 19th, 2008, 03:46 PM
The fox looks sadly at the ground and shivered. He did not know all of the consequences of his actions but there was a small ray of hope that did give him some courage.

"I will never be an angel again. I have fallen. though I still have a place with Aiheu's children."

At least he hoped though he never gave the cub any doubt of what he had said. It was his own shadow to bear should his time for the lands to receive him comes.

With a sigh he looked at Simbaji and tried to ask, without fear.

"What does it feel like...To die?"