PDA

View Full Version : Your love for TLK a secret?

aj2590
April 17th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Even though TLKL is a largely known movie that basically everyone loves, is your love for TLK a secret? :confused: And I mean love as in stuff like buying the merchandise, drawing fanart, writing fanfics, making your own sies, etc.

Sombolia
April 17th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Er.

Well. I don't have a "HUGE!" love. I haven't bought any merchandise for a long time, haven't seen the movie in forever, hardly draw fanart anymore.. but mm, no. If I like something people know about it haha. If only because I wear my "I'm surrounded by idiots" shirt to school sometimes.

nathalie
April 17th, 2006, 04:20 PM
When I was in school "yes".

Because everyone already hated me there, and I know they would have made even more fun at me if they knew about the TLK stuff.

Tiikeri
April 17th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Err, it's not really something you would make a habit of telling. I probably would keep it a secret at work, I probably would say I liked the movie if it ever came up in the conversation but it wouldn't go further than that. It's not a secret among my friends though.

Nephilim
April 17th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Don't we already have this thread?

Titunen
April 17th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Some things are better to be left unsaid, hehe

This Land
April 17th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I told everybosy i knew, they are all fine with it :D

Exept a few guys at collage but i just ignored them :diva:

HasiraKali
April 18th, 2006, 12:39 AM
My love for TLK is not a secret. The first thing I was asked when I walked in the office at work today was "How was Lion King?" :D They know I love it and they're being really cool about giving me time off so I can thoroughly enjoy the time the show is here. They're even letting me out of a mandatory meeting next week so I can go to the show. ;)

So no, it's not secret. I'm very open about it. I find nothing shameful in loving something that literally saved my life. :)

Kiara Serengeti
April 18th, 2006, 12:42 AM
I tell people if they make fun of TLK, or when I get to know them. :)

Adrenaline
April 18th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Nope.

A lot of people at my school know I love The Lion King, and they respect it. :)

And if there are some people who want to make fun of me for it (though I don't think there is anyone who does :confused:), then good for them. :lol:

TakaTiger
April 18th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Indeed not! i stand for what i like, and noone seemed to care, it just made them interested why oO

Ashara
April 18th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Meh...some of the time. I mean, I'm not gonna blurt out in front of all of the "cool" kids, "ZomG! I love The Lion King!" when I'm already not very popular. At the same time, if the subject comes up, I talk about it without really caring.

Zawadi
April 18th, 2006, 03:09 AM
From the time I was 12 years old (when I saw the movie in theaters) to now.. 12 years later, everyone has known, and I do mean everyone, that I'm a fanatic. :) And who can blame me, really?

Everyone has their own little obsessions-- better a Disney film than something menacing, eh?

Nephilim
April 18th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Don't we already have this thread?

This Land
April 18th, 2006, 11:13 AM
I think We may of.

Use the Magic Merge Button

Nephilim
April 18th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by This land
I think We may of.

Use the Magic Merge Button

If I could find the thread, I wouldn't be asking that question.

Daniel
April 18th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Zawadi
Everyone has their own little obsessions-- better a Disney film than something menacing, eh?

like mass murdering, or treehouses

Sadiki
April 18th, 2006, 02:23 PM
well We have quite a few similar threads then this.
http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=897&highlight=fandom = TLK Fandom?
http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=334&highlight=fandom = Why TLK?
http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6639&highlight=fandom = How did it all start?
http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7553&highlight=fandom = Parents about TLK

don't know if we should merch it any of these tho or should we even merge some of them.

Kihari
April 20th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Absolutely. I learned years ago to erase the TLK websites from our computer's history folder to keep them from surfacing, and it isn't something that gets brought up in conversation.

I'm not really sure why - I just imagine that everyone else will find it strange (in fact, I'll dare to say they'd think I was a bit strange for it. Heh.)

I don't want to mix TLK with real life anyway... reality just spoils everything. -.-

Shadow
April 21st, 2006, 04:21 AM
i have like the huges thing for TLK and art not afried to show it all my friends know am going to paris to meat up whit tlk friends and go to disnyland and stuff besides my room is fuiled whit big cats posterds and feline plushys ;3

Storm90
April 23rd, 2006, 05:41 PM
Most of my friends know that I love The Lion King since I always love to sketch during lunch or studyhalls. They keep telling me, "You're the next maker of the next Lion King movie!" :lol:

Though most people at my high school repsect that I love this movie. ^_^

Dyani
April 23rd, 2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Kihari
I don't want to mix TLK with real life anyway... reality just spoils everything. -.-

I couldn't agree more hun! Dreams are always the nicer realm in which to dwell!

Anyway, its a bit difficult for me to keep it a secret, not that I would care if anyone has an opinion that i like TLK. I visit TLKFAA at school and at home so I get weird looks all the time, espceially from my peers who call me childish and stupid. Meh, I ain't bothered. More important things to worry about. :-)

Cobalt
April 24th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I keep quiet about it. Okay....maybe that's an understatement. More like "Military Confidental Secret Quiet" is a better way of saying things. I really keep my real life seperate from everything else, and I do a good job of acting the serious, formal one especialy at work. I tend to be touchy about what people think of me, and I'm just never sure what someone would think of me liking this movie to the level I do. Well, okay I *know* what people think, as my secret got compromised one day when I had a TLKFAA Page idling on my desktop one day at work, and a co-worker decided that it would be okay to use my laptop without asking me. Hint: This was real ugly and I was the source of a lot of jokes for a few weeks. Some people, ya know? :uhno:

One_with_Nala
April 25th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Me? Keep my love for TLK a secret? HAHAHAHAHA! Not with all my merchandise and stuff floating around :p

Kiara
April 29th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by One_with_Nala
Not with all my merchandise and stuff floating around :p

Actually with all my merchandise and stuff floating around x) Only my family and only close friend still knows about it, as they're buying more TLK things for me than me (and makes me have twice of some things x) But I think two or three in my class can suspect it a little ... As they talked about if TLK3 was good or not, and exclaimed "Ask Ki if it is good or not, she if SOMEONE should know!" I kinda guess/know that guy know I love them, but I'm not as obsessed now as before so like ... But if they would come home to me, I'd die xD But it won't happen, 'cause school ends soon, and I have never been a very close friend to my classmates so no risk there that they actually will come ^^

But anyway, I'll never tell anyone about HOW much I love it, just that I "love" it and all ... That's not anyone elses buisness :D

Pathfinder
April 30th, 2006, 06:48 PM
I don't exactly have a TLK obsession per se, but I do enjoy TLK quite a bit. One_with_Nala (Logan) renewed my love for it when he joined here, so now I'm back with TLK. But no one but One_with_Nala knows, and I plan to keep it that way. :p Too many critical people around here.

Vitani Lover
May 1st, 2006, 02:43 AM
I really enjoy TLK, but hardly anyone knows it; I have no real reason to tell them :shout:

It's my own personal fun, after all; I have a lot of things I enjoy doing that few people no about it. I almost enjoy things more when they're "my little secret" :evilgrin:

Maybe it's just me:woeisme:

Pathfinder
May 1st, 2006, 09:54 PM
If someone were to ask me if I liked TLK, of course I'd answer yes. But as for going into detail and such? :P Nah.

Jackandsimba
May 6th, 2006, 09:34 PM
When i discovered my HUGE love for TLK, i shouted it to the world! (well not literally) I told my friends and some people from my school and they were all fine with it, 1 person did say "isn't it a bit baby-ish" and i punched him in the stomach, i think he got my drift! :kovusmile:

Roku
May 8th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I love TLK, and animation in general. But I have to keep it secret...I usually don't share my love for animation as an art form with anyone. They'd probly think I was nuts. I always thought I was crazy to love it so much until I discovered the incredible thing called the Internet and met all you great people who share that love!

I always hide it...it's my dirty little secret. It's like coming out of the closet, or in this case, the Pride Lands. :cheese:

People would think I was nuts and tease me! They just don't understand! :-(

Simba Marasa
May 9th, 2006, 03:57 AM
heck yes! I don't tell ANYONE. i barely told you guys...

sanngi_kujieleza
May 9th, 2006, 07:23 AM
i like looking at other`s fanart and yes it is nice..but TLK..yes was in love with it when i was a kid...yeah still do like...but i can`t say i`ll put right on top of my I LOVE STUFF list...

and no it was a way of expressing myself..i don`t really have a I LOVE STUFF list................

Sharifu
May 9th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Hell no.

Why would you hide your love for TLK? Because it's animated? That's just a stupid reason.

nathalie
May 9th, 2006, 09:32 AM
In my case, because I was already bullied in school every single day, I wasn't gonna give them something so they could do it even more :s

No one ever knew in class I liked TLK till I finally met a friend in school, and I was already 17, and she is still the only classmate who knows.

Sharifu
May 9th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Well yeah I do understand that... But it's not like TLK is some baby show like, Barney or something. :p TLK is quite "adult" for a Disney movie. Plus it's really popular with a lot of people of all ages. Not just kids. Look how much money it made at the time... Most money made at the box office for an animated film until Finding Nemo came around. A lot of adults liked it, even both of my parents. (So I don't understand being embarrassed about TLK)

Most people think my love for animation, and that I want to be an animator, is totally cool.

nathalie
May 9th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Tell that to 23 boys, who think they are *all that* :s :cringe:

sanngi_kujieleza
May 9th, 2006, 12:11 PM
excuse me i dont like TLK that much..but it is nothing like barney..yuck i hate barney...

Naline
May 15th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Barney....TLK....not much to compare really, but a point well made!

Yer, my mates and family know about TLK but i personally wouldn't want anyone else to know, it's not there business! and like you say, they'd just be stupid about it so why bother with the hassle.

Sharifu
May 15th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Naline
Barney....TLK....not much to compare really, but a point well made!

I just used that to compare because I think something like Barney, is baby-ish. (Like one member was asking his friend, isn't it kind of baby-ish to like TLK) And I don't think TLK is baby-ish at all.

Jabari
May 17th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Hehe, my love of TLK is very much a secret. I haven't told my friends, family, no one. Basically, it's because I don't seem like the kind of guy that would, and I don't think it would go over well ( the ridicule would be tremendous ).

Vitani Lover
May 17th, 2006, 01:51 AM
I'm with you, Jabari - nobody has any idea that I love TLK as much as I do. Oh, my family know that I'm a big fan, but they don't know how big:evilgrin:

I'm not an addict either, but I'd give myself a 10/10 on fandom.

HasiraKali
May 17th, 2006, 02:01 AM
My parents have joked about getting me something to use as "medication" for my TLK addiction. I think Simba-shaped candies would be good. :D

SimbaKovufan
May 17th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I guess I am a little "secret" about my adoration for the movie....I mean, I still do with strongly whenever I watch it, but I never watch it with my friends for that reason. Being a boy is apart of the reason, I suppose, but also because of the fact that it is a rather "old" movie and if you're still crying over something old, then it tends to give the wrong impression on people. I have been fascinated with the movie itself (I soooo want the DVD for my birthday) but not really the merchandise...actually, nada on the merchandise. I like the animation, the color quality, the originality, but I never was a "consumer" in the whole thing.........anyway, that's my story. Kind of secret about liking it, but not much of a secret to begin with. tada.

Sadiki
May 18th, 2006, 02:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/C000044.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/C000045.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/C000046.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/C000047.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/C000048.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/C000049.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/Resized2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/Resized3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/resized.jpg
:lol: doesn't really look like a big secret for me... those pics are old tho.. I think I have almoust twice as much TLK stuff in my room now days... but I don't hide it... I'm proud of it ;)

Sharifu
May 18th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by SimbaKovufan
I have been fascinated with the movie itself (I soooo want the DVD for my birthday)

You don't have TLK DVD? It's been out of print for a while. Buying it on Ebay would be the best thing I think.

Wow STM dear. ;) I wish I could decorate my room more... But well I need more shelves and things like that.

Naline
May 18th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Go STM! There's that good ol' Simba mug!! hehe :cheese:

All my stuff got packed away when we moved and i havn't got around to putting most of it back out yet!! :gasp:

Sadiki
May 18th, 2006, 12:36 PM
haha I have another of those mugs now Naline ;) it just has brighter colors :p

nathalie
May 18th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Hey STM, you were suppose to scan this cover for me, remember? :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/Resized3.jpg

The TLK 2 DVD in, Finnish version ^_^

Sadiki
May 18th, 2006, 01:18 PM
well I can do it tonight if you want it :p

nathalie
May 18th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Cool, thanks :cheese:

Linda
May 22nd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Everyone in my class know about my "secret". I don?t thing it should be a secret, there?s nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone has there own opinion so you can?t be angry if someone disagree and hates the lion king. Right? :thinks:
I sounded really smart there didn?t I. Haha, I can assure yo?, I?m not. :lol:

Zephyr Nexus
May 23rd, 2006, 12:36 AM
My love for The Lion King somewhat secret. Although I don't publicize my TLK interest, there are obvious clues to tip an observer off.

Well, I have always been interested in Disney movies, and I even have 3 shares of their stock (it was a Christmas present once). But The Lion King had never been above the other movies in my mind until this past year.

Right before Christmas, we started to watch TLK en espa?ol in Spanish IV. When we didn't get a chance to finish it, I was upset, more than I thought I would be. It was right after Christmas that I first thought I should look into buying the TLK DVD, after missing my chance when it was in general release. In March, however, I finally made the plunge into The Lion King. Buying the DVD and then the TLK 2 DVD obviously turned heads around my house. I could explain away the first movie as me wanting to own the classic (my dad wholeheartedly agreed; it's one of his favorites as well), but the sequel...

:confused:

Anyway, my increased humming of TLK tunes around the house, my dad catching me watching the DVD director's commentary in the middle of the night, and the fact that I posted Simba's face (my avatar) next to my bed all probably raise one's eyebrow.

:thinks:

I think the current state of affairs is that people know I like The Lion King, but not much more so than everyone else likes The Lion King. They don't know about Lea, although I have showed people my drawings of screenshots.

Frodo
June 29th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Pretty much everyone knows I like it and are okay with it! But in the past my mom has said I've drawn too many lions... But yeah, everyone's okay with it!

Lion King Stu
July 19th, 2006, 02:12 PM
I told everybody that I did; they were fine with it.
Sorta lost my love for it since I now interested in alot more stuff; sure TLK will still be a like in my heart but I have no huge love it no more.

lion_roog
July 20th, 2006, 10:58 AM
I like it for the women...:rawr:...And that's not a secret...

aj2590
July 27th, 2006, 09:14 PM
:gasp: *just now looks through topic*

Didn't know my topic got that many replies..........

Lucky
July 30th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Well, I don't go around telling people, nor do I keep it a secret when they ask. My love for TLK has shrunk a bit from when I was younger, but regardless, it's still there :)

Arc Assassin
August 3rd, 2006, 12:28 AM
My love for TLK has never been a secret and never will be--nobody I know seems bothered by it and if they are well they can just bugger off :D
My love for TLK has lessened over the years as I've grown up more and have become more interested in many other things but I'm not ashamed to admit I love TLK :)

SavannaQueen
August 3rd, 2006, 08:45 AM
Not a chance. My room has a big Nala/Simba poster in it, and a corner of my room has all my TLK plushes hanging around. I also have a lanyard for pin trading at Disneyland that has nothing but TLK pins on it, and when selling TLK items to guests, I always feel the need to add that it's my favorite movie. :D

Kapasa
August 3rd, 2006, 01:28 PM
i guess it is a bit of a secret that i love TLk, but if someone said that they loved it and someone said it sucks i would get angry.... and defend the other person..

In school i forgot the lion king but when i watched it again for the first time in 6 years about two months ago, i was shoked at how good the film was! I had a friend in school who invented an....interesting game.

He would open a window during break and then shout/sing azzzakenya whats on the menu (whatever, the bit at the start of the circle of life song). Then he would run and hide from teachers. Then someone else on the other side of the school grounds would shout back the exact same thing for fun/and to get the teacher away from finding him!

If only i liked TLK/ watched the film then, everyone would not find it uncool to like the TLK. People in college however do think its uncool which sucks...

Kimbai
August 22nd, 2006, 03:31 AM
I hide it. Cuz i would probably get mercilessly teased, and then i would have to punch someones face in

nah, JK. I am too nice to do that:irule:

lyonesse
August 28th, 2006, 03:18 AM
I haven't told anyone..but if I did, I don't think anyone would care...because everyone has that one movie they can't get enough of!

Simbadorney
August 31st, 2006, 03:55 AM
I have been the biggest fan of the Lion King since it came out in 1994 in theaters.

I used to own the Lion King movie poster when it was given out for free at the AMC theaters in Allentown.

It really hasn't been a huge passion for me until I went to college for the first time right out of High School. Then that's where the passion came back into me.

I started collecting books, how to draw books, xmas ordaments, 2 glass globes, plates, spoons, and cups.

Recently, I just made a real version of the Lion King this summer 06' (0.99GB movie file to be exact for those are interested of viewing my movie.)

My friends from my college calls me Simba because how my life relates very close to Simba's life. I've been single all my life with no gf. I'm waiting patiently for her to come but in the meanwhile my friends always ask me this question..."So, where's nala?" I tell them this...."I don't know, I haven't seen her since I left pride rock."

If I could tell you what time of age that I'm in. I'm right now living Hakuna Matata with my friends Timon and Pumbaa. I haven't met my nala yet, but when I do she will direct me back to Pride Rock and for me to take over Pride Rock from Scar.

Xinithian
September 2nd, 2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Simbadorney

Recently, I just made a real version of the Lion King this summer 06' (0.99GB movie file to be exact for those are interested of viewing my movie.) Real version of TLK? What do you mean? Is it a live action version of TLK? Is the script different than the first TLK movie?

HasiraKali
September 2nd, 2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Simbadorney
Recently, I just made a real version of the Lion King this summer 06' (0.99GB movie file to be exact for those are interested of viewing my movie.)

I'm curious about this too. I used to act it out all by myself, still do sometimes :evilgrin:. I'd really like to see what you've done with it. :D

My friends from my college calls me Simba because how my life relates very close to Simba's life. I've been single all my life with no gf. I'm waiting patiently for her to come but in the meanwhile my friends always ask me this question..."So, where's nala?" I tell them this...."I don't know, I haven't seen her since I left pride rock."

If I could tell you what time of age that I'm in. I'm right now living Hakuna Matata with my friends Timon and Pumbaa. I haven't met my nala yet, but when I do she will direct me back to Pride Rock and for me to take over Pride Rock from Scar.

Sounds like me. :lol: I have never had a serious relationship and I'm still looking for my Simba. ;) I'll find him one day. :lol:

Simbadorney
September 3rd, 2006, 05:56 AM
Yes its a real live action version of the Lion King. There's some scenes that I have added to make the movie different that you don't see in the movie.

The plot is the same just some scenes has been shortened or have taken out for another scene to make it flow better.

I still do act like Simba from the Lion King and acted in real life at my work place.

HasiraKali
September 3rd, 2006, 06:02 AM
Oh sounds cool! :D I'd love to see it. :)

Simbadorney
September 4th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Just send me an email and I'll send the 1 gb movie to you. I have a website that will help me send large files to email accounts for those who want to see it and if they have enough space in their email account to store my movie file. (It may take a long time to download if you are using a 56k modem)

Some scenes from the Lion King are in there for in place to make the movie flow together and scenes I couldn't do in real life.

Please don't send this file to others without my proper permission to send them. Scenes are from the Lion King and all copyright goes to Disney. All rights reserved.

Send me your email address to "randydorney@yahoo.com"

This movie is rated G. Best viewed through Windows Media Player 10 or higher.

Thanks and enjoy my movie. :)

I can relate too, to this day I can act the lion king movie by myself too. :evilgrin: :D =D :browlift:

Kalahari
October 23rd, 2006, 11:59 AM
I can't keep things I love a secret. Even people who don't know me see me and they're like, "There's that Lion King girl again.". And people find TLK stuff for me. :irule:

Ciara
October 28th, 2006, 09:25 PM
yea I love when others get TLK things for me ^^

Hope & Pride
October 28th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Well, I dont have a TLK collection but I never hide my love for it, I always tell people why its so special and try to get them to understand and watch it.

the Joiner King
October 29th, 2006, 08:23 PM
No, I don't hide my love for TLK. In fact I have some friends who like TLK too.