PDA

View Full Version : Boston Marathon Explosion

Simbaspirit
April 15th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Are any of you near the site? For those who don't know there were bombs that went off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.. as of right now there are 2 dead 28 injured. Things are changing so fast that if you're looking for more information, do a google search.. this is insane.

King Simba
April 15th, 2013, 08:39 PM
I just read about it. It's awful. :( My first thought was it to be a terrorist attack, but I could be wrong.

Simbaspirit
April 15th, 2013, 08:40 PM
I just read about it. It's awful. :( My first thought was it to be a terrorist attack, but I could be wrong.

I'm watching all the live updates, everyone so far is saying it's terrorism

Sharifu
April 15th, 2013, 09:28 PM
This is so sad and scary. :(

Lweek
April 15th, 2013, 10:29 PM
For some reason I think it wasn't a terrorist attack. Too weak and too risky. Every attack might endanger a terrorist cell or whole network. I believe it is done by one single person - a psychopath. You know, you can build such bomb at home .. it is high school chemistry, nothing complicated.

You never know what might happen, on man can shot many children in a school. One man can shot many people in cinema. One man can kill many people by car (happened here in czech republic many years ago). The driver actually killed 8 people and 20 was injured, by truck on a tram station and it was her decision - she wanted to kill because she hated people for how they was acting to her.

If it was or not a terrorist attack, we shall not talk about it because all this is what terrorists want. Scare us, force us to talk about it and make us feel endangered. Yet I feel sorry for the victims too. :(

Lweek
April 15th, 2013, 10:33 PM
BTW if we wan't fight against terrorism I believe we shall make a law that will prohibit media as TV or newspaper to broadcast about such attacks as about a drama. You know, the drama is what makes terrorists happy. Media are terrorists best friend. :(

ThiagoPE
April 15th, 2013, 10:34 PM
I think same as Lweek, but letīs wait for more news, instead of speculating.

Its so sad that some people are capable to do to injure others :(

Simbaspirit
April 15th, 2013, 10:37 PM
The last mile of the race was in honor of the Sandy Hook Victims.. The terrible part is many people who lost their children at Sandy Hook were at the finish line and just witnessed this tragedy as well..
It has also been confirmed that 1 of the 2 deceased people was an 8 year old girl..

cleargreenwater
April 16th, 2013, 12:54 AM
I'm horrified that such a positive, international-level event was desicrated by whatever studied & designed destruction this is. I come from a family of high school track stars, my father and my cousin have each ran the NYC marathon once in their lives, and although only her bf at the time went with her, I remember how proud my whole family was of my cousin. So many people there with love in their hearts. I'm also sick thinking of the injuries so many people suffered, deaths are bad, but there are dozens of people maimed who are never going to live their lives the same way again because of this and it was intentional. It's terrible.

Utora
April 16th, 2013, 02:13 AM
BTW if we wan't fight against terrorism I believe we shall make a law that will prohibit media as TV or newspaper to broadcast about such attacks as about a drama. You know, the drama is what makes terrorists happy. Media are terrorists best friend. :(

Thank you. This alone is usually why criminals of this caliber act out; they need to be validated via the media.

It is a true tragedy and I am sorry for those families who are suffering.
I hope these criminals are aprehended and prosecuted accordingly...and justly.

Leorgathar
April 16th, 2013, 04:38 AM
I'm horrified that such a positive, international-level event was desicrated by whatever studied & designed destruction this is. I come from a family of high school track stars, my father and my cousin have each ran the NYC marathon once in their lives, and although only her bf at the time went with her, I remember how proud my whole family was of my cousin. So many people there with love in their hearts. I'm also sick thinking of the injuries so many people suffered, deaths are bad, but there are dozens of people maimed who are never going to live their lives the same way again because of this and it was intentional. It's terrible.

I can't help but feel enraged for this same reason :naladisappointed: these morons who don't think of the damage to the qualty of life they do to people, and can't even feel a bit of empathy towards the innocents they're attacking, I have not enough words for all the evils they deserve done. And this was in an international fun and recreative event! they're not just messing with Americans this time.

I know how it is to live somewhere where violence towards innnocents is common, and my thoughts go for the people who have to feel the same way. I know many victims won't recover easily, but I really hope they find some light later on and still manage to do it :(

Guntur
April 16th, 2013, 02:17 PM
-edited-

nathalie
April 16th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I don't think this was terrorism or anything, but just some loser trying to enjoy himself.

It's gross. I hope they catch him and torture him for the rest of his life!
(I don't care about: that ain't helping no one. It would set out a nice example that people like that can't get away with stuff like this anymore, and they will face a punishment!)

ThiagoPE
April 17th, 2013, 01:37 AM
You canīt do that nathalie, as the "human rights watchers" will not allow it (what is a hipocrisy! for the people that were killed there were no human rights, so, i think in this case they could allow the exception... people like this should not live in our comunity)

Utora
April 17th, 2013, 03:15 AM
I don't think this was terrorism or anything, but just some loser trying to enjoy himself.

It's gross. I hope they catch him and torture him for the rest of his life!
(I don't care about: that ain't helping no one. It would set out a nice example that people like that can't get away with stuff like this anymore, and they will face a punishment!)

Simply because we are faced with evil does not mean we ourselves should become evil.
The objective is to not lose yourself in their darkness. Nor give them so much credit for being capable of such.

What they did was wrong. The punishment they'll be served (if caught) is never going to satisfy revenge, sometimes it's not even just; I'm sure though it won't be a slap of the wrist either.

I personally don't appreciate the media's speculation. It causes unneccesary debate, worry and attention. Let the proper authorities determine and deduce, once all is said and done is done, we can discuss the matter. In the end we as civilians and/or citizens or people aren't left to enforce the law, but we should mourn respectively as fellow human beings.

Overall I think it's better to unite in grieving than in hatred.

Sadiki
April 17th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Yeah it's a terrible tragedy, but torture would just stoop us to their level. I also don't really agree with limiting media when it comes to doing their job as reporting what is going on in the world. Yeah anger is probably the first feeling that emerges in the situation like this as well as losing faith in humanity, but it won't really do any good.

What comes to terrorism, I'm more guessing an individual group, I doubt it was just a single person pulling off such hit. If it was terrorists I'm sure they were already claiming it in their name. So yeah, probably small group of people who feel isolated from the society or people with ill mind... but of course all that is just speculations. Who ever the people who did this were, I hope they are brought to justice.

KanuTGL
April 17th, 2013, 08:45 PM
^ I second all that.

I don't know what I else to say that hasn't already been said. It's all just... bizarre. Mad.