PDA

View Full Version : New RP section - Outlands

Pages : [1] 2

Jabari
May 3rd, 2006, 12:29 AM
(*Guess I'll get things started over here...*)

Morning was always bittersweet in the Outlands. Sure, the sun rose for a new day...a new chance. But then again...you lived in the Outlands. There were no second chances here. You were on your own. Alone...

Jabari was a young adult male lion in the Outlands. To him, life was a cruel thing, twisting the heart in so many ways. However, he always put on a brave, positive face. The least he could do was make the Outlands a better place with his attitude. His true feelings would have to be inside.

Jabari walked out onto a jutting rock formation and stared out at the distant Pridelands. He heaved a mighty sigh, it was such a beautiful place...full of life and love. And here he was, in the desolate, forgotten Outlands. He lied down across the rock and continued to daze out. Maybe today would be a good day...one could only hope. Hope...hah...what had that done for him?

Hawara15607
May 3rd, 2006, 12:43 AM
:alone:
Walking up from the river after her less then succsessfun hunt. Hawara was heading back to whre her pride lived in an feild of termite colonies she looked up to see Jabari standing on the rock over looking the outlands...with a heavy sigh she kept walking....she wounders how he could stay so positive and so brave when there was barly enough food to feed one's self let alone a whole pride.... with a heavy sigh she kept walking..how does he do it....she stoped one last time to look at him ..so handsom..so brave....could it be is she falling inlove with him??? no she was a loner she had no room from love only survivel....as the moring sun rose high she ran and took cover in the shade of a near by tree...what a desolate place to live and what a time to be falling in love

Jabari
May 3rd, 2006, 12:54 AM
Jabari's ears perked up as he heard someone nearby. He lifted his head and searched around. Underneath a nearby tree, he spotted Hawara. She was one of the more attractive Outlanders...at least to Jabari. She must've gone out for a hunt.

"What's wrong, Hawara? Don't like the sun?"

Jabari grinned and rolled onto his back playfully, letting the sun hit him dead on.

At least there was someone to talk to here. He wasn't completely alone.

Hawara15607
May 3rd, 2006, 01:02 AM
:browlift:
looked up from her shady spot under the tree...she had not relised she was so close to her crush.. with a sweet smile she reliped "not really i'm more of a early morning night type lioness." slowly she emgerges from the safty of her shadowy resting place to pounce on Jabari...oh how handsome he is he features ..defenatly the most attracktive loin in the outland....he must have a mate by now it would be unbelive able for him not to have one ??? "now what is a loin like u doin in a place like this and alone at that?" she said coyly...finally she gets off of him and head back to her stop underneth the tree to rest...why would he even wanna talk let alone look at a lioness like me i'm ntohin and hes everything this pride could ever want ...with a heavy heart to lays her head down to think

Jabari
May 3rd, 2006, 01:18 AM
Jabari was taken by surprise by the pounce. He grinned and flopped back onto his stomach as Hawara returned under the tree.

"Early morning? Pfft...that's sleep time."

Jabari laughs and starts to rise to his paws, stretching out a bit.

"Well, back to your question. I'm just out here thinking and relaxing. The real question is, what are you doing out here, eh?"

Jabari walked under the tree with Hawara and sat down beside her, turning towards her for her answer.

Hawara15607
May 3rd, 2006, 01:23 AM
looks up at Jabari in shock... "i'm well ummm ...i..i.... couldn't sleep...yeah thats it i couldn';t sleep"...sits up and tackels Jabari to the ground.... "lets go for a run??? it will be fun" raises and eyebrow then hops off and takes off stoping a few feet from the tree motioning then taking off again

Jabari
May 3rd, 2006, 01:32 AM
"A run? But you were just saying it was too hot. Now you want to work up a sweat?"

Jabari laughed and stood up, shaking his head.

"Well, if you want to run, then let's run."

He grinned as he kicked off, running past Hawara and heading nowhere in particular. Now he had something to do. He thought the boredom would drive him out of his mind.

Hawara15607
May 3rd, 2006, 01:37 AM
"yeah a run... iknow i said it was to hot but i changed my mind and i want to run is that ok?

started a slow run waiting to see if Jabari would join her

"well are u come....ing"

watches in awe as Jabari speeds past her

"HEY THATS NOT FAIR"

she called after him picking up her pace soon cought up to Jabari and pushed him to take the lead

Jabari
May 8th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Jabari laughed as he rushed through the barren Outlands. Thinking was important...but having fun here and there were acceptable, too.

He felt the wind blow through his mane and send it in all different directions. A smile grew across his muzzle as he put aside all that saddened and depressed him.

Occasionally, he'd throw a smirk back at Hawara as she ran with him.

"So...where are we headed?", through breaths.

Hawara15607
May 9th, 2006, 10:15 PM
smiles back tho keeping an watchful eye

from time to time would playfuly run into Jabri or try to trip his wich ever cought her fancy at the time

stoped a few feet from the watering hole she had found earlier that moring

"here...isn't beautiful?" she asked beathlessly, it was even more beautiful then the last time she was there

Jabari
May 11th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Jabari sat down, ears flickering at the sound of running water.

"Sure is. Always good to find another water source. Seems like we're constantly running out of them."

Jabari smiled and then dipped his head down to take a sip of the water, testing it to make sure it was safe.

"Seems safe, too. We really lucked out."

Jabari grinned.

Hawara15607
May 12th, 2006, 03:05 AM
grins to her self

" i know its safe i was here just this morning"

walks up behinde Jabari and pushes him into the water....sits by the edge laughing

"u look like u needed to cool off"

Vitani Lover
May 12th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Katali sat on a rocky outcrop watching the two older lions at the water hole. He had found it a good while ago and told no-one, now he would need to find another. He watched as one went splashing into the water and grinned sardonically... He should have seen that coming; you always have to watch your back in the Outlands. It was something Katali had learned long ago.

Though still young, he was tough and cunning beyond his years; not to adult level by any means, but showing strong signs of reaching that level long before most would - especially that bratty Kovu!

He despised the older pair, really, like he despised everything and everyone in this forsaken place. Love had no meaning for him anymore, only anger at those who had made his life so miserable. Tiring of watching the two, he rose slowly and walked off as quietly as possible... he was getting thirsty - and he didn't feel like sharing.

Hawara15607
May 15th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Hawara's ears perced up as she heard Katali got off from his rock, automaticly she got in a defencive positoin and waited for him to arrive...this was her watering hole and only her and a select few were going to know aobut it

Vitani Lover
May 15th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Katali jerked back as the older lioness made her defensive move... She was much larger than him and near full-grown, and he was still young... someday maybe.

"Fine," he said. "I'll find my own water - you and your boyfriend can stay here - I hope it poisons you," he added and then loped off to find a new hole.

Out of Character: Jabari, if you have a soft spot for cubs, shouldn't you feel sorry for me? ;)

Hawara15607
May 15th, 2006, 03:23 PM
relaxes and watches Katli as he walks away

calls to him " ur more then welcome here u just scared me thats all please come back"

walks over and sits by the edge of the watering hole

Vitani Lover
May 15th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Katali chuckled to himself and never looked back. That would be a joke, going back. He knew better than that. Always watch your back. Trust nobody.

He continued walking away from his troubles - time to find some food.

Hawara15607
May 15th, 2006, 11:55 PM
watches him as he keeps walkin, sighs heavly and turns back aorund

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Katali kept walking until he reached a small rock cave near the western border of the Outlands. There he lay quietly and waited. . .

His patience payed off; a desert hare came slowly out of the cave. Katali leaped at it; it was no small task for him to bring it down, after all, it was not that much smaller than he. Bringing it down [not going to describe it to avoid offending anybody], he lay beside it to enjoy his feast.

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 06:49 PM
OOC: Sorry! I've been really busy lately and haven't really been able to follow. Lemme try and catch up.

-------------------------------------------

After watching the ordeal with the cub, Jabari stepped out of the water, shaking his fur to clear it out.

"Don't worry about the cubs, Hawara. They mean no harm...most of them were abandoned anyway. We have to look out for them."

Jabari sat down and sighed, thinking about his own past for a bit.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 07:31 PM
sighs again and looks at Jabari

" i know but he just scared me thats all and we both know that.... nevermind."

gets up and walks over to the watering hole and drinks for a bit then lays down thnking

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Jabari looked over at Hawara and walked over to her. He leaned down slowly and gave her a slight nuzzle.

"Don't worry about it. I know how you felt. The Outlands can be dangerous and we do need to watch out backs."

He put a paw on her back and sat down next to her.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 07:37 PM
looked up at Jabari

"i know but he shouldn't be alone like that ,we both know that"

rest her head on her paws

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Jabari sighed.

"Yeah, they shouldn't. Nothing can be done about that, though. I grew up alone. Many of the Outlander cubs will have to, also. The most we can do is look out for them."

He lied down and put an arm around Hawara, pulling her head into his arms.

"It's a hard life out here. We just gotta look out for one another."

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 07:46 PM
gently nuzzelz Jabari

"you weren't the only one who grew up alone remember, i did too, and how can we watch out fr em when more the half of em wont let us near them?"

moved closer to jabari and nuzzeled him again before puting her head back down in his arms

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Jabari returns the nuzzle and then looks out towards the sky.

"We just gotta let em know that we're here for them. A lot of them try and stay alone because they're afraid to show their emotions. We'll find a way to get them to talk."

Jabari sighed and rested his head over Hawara's.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 07:52 PM
frowns slightly

"Jabari... how long have we known each other?"

sighs ,slowly relaxes and closes her eyes

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Katali was now perched on "his" rock again, watching the pair below nuzzling. He sniffed derisively. "You won't catch me nuzzling anybody!" he called down to them.

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 07:55 PM
"Dunno. I've known you for a really long time. Since we were cubs, I think."

Jabari looked into Hawara's staring eyes, feeling himself slightly embarrassed and looking away. Those eyes...one could really get lost in them.

The call from Katali got him out of this daze.
He grinned up at Katali.

"One day you will Katali. You can't escape it."

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 08:00 PM
looked back into Jabari's eyes...wow he was really handsome...how come she had never noticed it before?

"yeah but it seems like forever"

sits up and looks to see Katali siting on his rock...smiles up at Katali, then looks at Jabari

" will you stop Jabari"
to Katali " you know you can come down here we dont bite (holding up right paw) i promis"

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 08:08 PM
He was torn... ever since his parents died he had never trusted anyone... but he had the feeling these two meant him no harm. Why not give it a try - if they turned on him, he would at least have learned a lesson.

"OK, I'll come down if you promise!"

For the first time in a long time, the shadow of a real smile crossed his face.

OOC: Guys, what time period are we in exactly? Have Kovu and the others left for the Pridelands or are they still here?

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 08:10 PM
laughed warm heartedly

"i promis"

points over to Jabari " and this bug lub here you have nothing to fear from him ..i can keep him in line"

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 08:10 PM
"I promise, too, Katali." raising his paw.

"We mean no harm to you. Just come down for a little while, we can keep you company."

Jabari smiled and motioned for Katali to come down.

He then turned to Hawara and leaned close to her ear, "See? All they need is a little encouragement."

He gave her a quick nuzzle before turning back to Katali.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 08:12 PM
looked at jabari out of the cournor of her eyes then playful pushed him

"yeah yeah i know" sarcasicly rolled eyes

"see like he said we are harmless"

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 08:16 PM
"Well, it's just that..." he trailed off. "Well, ever since--since my parents were killed by some Outlanders, I've just, I never..."

His voice broke into uncontrollable sobs. His parents had meant everything to him...and now they were gone forever.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 08:19 PM
facel featuers sofen ..looks at Jabari with a saddness in her eyes, gets up and slowly walks over to wher the cub is sitting on his rock and places an arm around him and brings him in for a hug

" i know what u mean... i lsot my parents that way too"

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Jabari ran over to Kitali.

"Hey...don't worry about it. Hawara and I lost our parents, too. We understand how hard it is to deal with. We're here for you, though."

He put his paw on Kitali.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 08:21 PM
looks up at Jabari with a saddness in her eyes that she had long foregotten

" we will watch out for a kiddo"

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Katali slowly regained control of himself. "Thanks... you're the first two here that have really talked with me."

He walked over the watering hole and took a long, cool drink. Looking up, he exclaimed, "Hey!" He had spotted another Outlands cub, and sitting on his rock, too.

"Hold on, I'll be right back." He ran off to the rock again to deal with the intruder.

OOC: No, there's really not one sitting there, but I figure if we want more than 3 characters we'll have to RP them ourselves mostly ;)

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 08:29 PM
OOC: Right. We could also try and recruit more for RPing here. Just make sure that if you make a new character, post their bio. ;)

------------------------------------------

Jabari nodded as Kitali ran off. He then turned back to Hawara.

"So, I guess he's willing to talk now, huh?"

Jabari grinned and gave Hawara a little kiss on her cheek.

"You were really sweet to him."

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Name=Takara
Gender=Male
Fur Color= Dark
Personality=Mean
Background=One of the Outland cubs, no family and no friends (turns everyone off)
Enemies=Basically everybody he can pick on

Katali walked up to his rock to see who was now sitting on it. "What are you doing, Katali?" came a mocking voice.

Katali looked up to see Takara perched atop the rock and sneering at him. "Nothing," he replied. "What are you doing on my rock?"

"Your rock? This rock is as much mine as yours."

"Is not! I found it first - find your own." He had reached the top. Takara jumped up and bared his teeth. "Back off!"

Katali looked over at Jabari and Hawara before answering. "No way; get out of here before I make you."

"What are you gonna do?" Takara mocked. Katali snarled:grrr: and they faced off in a stalemate.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM
twitches her nose as she watches Katali run off, looks over to Jabari

"yeah i guess hopefuly he will do more taking"

blushes and kisses Jabari's cheek

"if u say so...i know what he feels thats how i lost my parents but i dunno if he watched them be slaughtered or not?"

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 08:48 PM
"One second Hawara..."

Jabari ran towards Katali and Takara, standing next to Katali.

"You two, break it up. No sense in fighting right now. This land belongs to everyone. Take it or leave it."

Jabari stared seriously at the two, waiting for an answer.

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Takara shrank back from Jabari and shot Katali an angry look. "We'll finish this later when your new friends aren't around." He shot another glance at Jabari and ran off.

Katali smiled confidently. "I'll be ready." He turned to Jabari. "You didn't have to do that, y'know. I could have handled him. I learned a lot from watching my parents... and the Outlanders who murdered them."

He looked down momentarily and took a deep breath, then looked back up. "Anyway, I could have handled it. Some other time, maybe."

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 08:56 PM
"Well, we're gonna look out for you anyway, Katali. That's what we're here for."

Jabari shot a wink at Katali and then motioned for Hawara to come over.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 08:58 PM
runs behind JAbari and gets to the rock just as Takara was runnig away

"what happened..who was that?"

takara looked some what afamilar...shook her head and sighed...

"are you two ok?"

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 09:00 PM
"I'm fine, but Jabari broke it up before I could start having fun." He grinned. "Don't worry about Takara, he's a troublemaker - kind of like me!"

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 09:03 PM
"We're just fine, Hawara. There was a little bit of a situation but it's ok now."

He turns to Katali.

"You shouldn't go after Takara. Fighting is not going to solve your problem."

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Katali sighed. "What if he comes after me? Fighting may not solve the problem, but it's all I know how to do - fight and hunt; just survive, you know? What else is there? The Pridelanders may have a life, but we've got nothing!"

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 09:08 PM
nodds

"jabari is right ...but that Takara he looks so famialr to me and i don't know why....and ur not a touble maker...nothin like Jabari use to be like"

rollz eyes and walks back to the waterng hole

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Jabari rolls his eyes at Hawara then turns back to Kitali.

"Well, watch yourself Kitali. You don't want to get into an unnecessary fight. If you ever need help, ask for me or Hawara."

He motions for Kitali to follow him back to Hawara as he starts heading back to the water hole.

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 09:13 PM
"OK, I'm coming - I'll try to remember what you said." He followed... back to the water hole.

OOC: Hey guys, Takara is not really MY character, just someone to give us more variety. You can all feel free to RP with him.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 09:14 PM
calls back over her shoulder to Jabari

" i saw that"

sticks her tounge out trying to act like a cub...not watching where she was going seh runs in to a tree

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Katali laughed. "Clumsy!" he teased and ran into the cool water.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
jaw drops then laughs

*i'll show u clumbsy"

pushes Katali into the water (i hope he can swim
)

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Jabari grins and walks over to Hawara.

"Best be watching out for trees, shouldn't we?"

Jabari laughed and sat down, watching the two. It was like mother and son...something he hadn't had or seen in a long time...

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 09:17 PM
"thank u Jabari"

shuvs Jabari and keeps walking..looks back at him and winks

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Katali swam freely in the water; unlike most lions he enjoyed the rush of cool water over his body.

Whoa, was that a crocodile? "Um, I could use a little help!" he cried as the huge jaws bore down on him. He was trying to get to shore, but the crocodile was coming faster and faster.

OOC: If I don't get my fight, I could at least make up a little danger:cheese:

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Jabari ran out into the water and pounced at the croc.

"Run, Kitali!"

The crocodile tried to pry its mouth open as Jabari bore his teeth and tried to keep it closed.

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Katali made it to shore, then turned to see how Jabari was doing. "Be careful!" he called in a worried tone.

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 09:34 PM
"I will!"

Jabari tried with all of his might to keep the mouth closed. He roared as he tried to push the croc under the water, trying to make a break for it. When he pushed to croc away, he made a mad dash for the shore.

He reached the shore and slumped down, trying to catch his breath.

"I guess this water hole isn't too safe..."

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 09:38 PM
"Sorry about that," Katali said. "You could have gotten killed to save me." Earlier he had doubted them, now he knew that they really would help him when trouble came. "Thanks..."

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 09:42 PM
"No problem."

Jabari grinned and rubbed Katali's head playfully.

"Told you, we'd look out for you. Just be careful getting into too much danger."

Jabari winked and sat down.

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 09:45 PM
"I'll be careful - a lot more careful now. Say, are you two hungry? I can go grab some hares and be right back. See ya!"

Katali bounded off for the cave, hoping to find what he was looking for - two fat desert hares.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 10:12 PM
watched in horror as the crccadile went belly up tosing Jabari into the water, helps
Katali on shore then hops on a near by tree branch while the croc was still belly up and with one quicks swiipe of her claws rips the stomac of the crock open,helps Jabari out of the water.

"taht wasn't there just a little while ago you guyz..i have no idea how it got there or why its there ,,,all three of us know that the crcs stay in the lil gorge between the outlands and the pride lands...i'm so sorry i didn't mean to put ne one in danger"

hangs head and walks away

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Jabari quickly walked over to Hawara and lifted her head up with his.

"It's not your fault. Things happen. We'll just be more careful next time."

Jabari nuzzled Hawara and gave her a lick on her cheek, sitting down and pull her against him in a hug.

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Katali came running back with a hare in his mouth. "What's the matter, Hawara? Here, you can have the first one. Be right back!" and ran off again.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 10:23 PM
turnd her head the other way and stared at the ground

" i guess..but i could have killed Katali and he is still a cub yet jabari"

buries her head in his furr and wheeps

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 10:25 PM
ooc: i know this is a no no but oh well
---------------------------------------------------------------------
looks at Katali

"thank you and u becareful out there with that other one running around ok?"

pushes the hare over to Jabari..

"eat i have a feeling that u will need your dtrength"

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 10:26 PM
"Hey...he's ok now. We'll put what happened behind us. No point in making a big deal out of nothing."

He put his arms around Hawara and gave her a lick on the top of her head.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 10:30 PM
licks Jabari's cheek then looked back at bot of them

"you guys are right... i have a feeling that Takra had smthin to do with it"

looks at the dead crock floating in the water

"well we could eat the hare or the croc or both,...hmmmm...there will be moe now tha this one is dead i know it"

looks arond suspicously

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Katali smiled at Hawara. "Oh, don't worry too much about Takara. It'll be fine. Thanks for caring! It's almost like having a family again."

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 10:34 PM
smiles at Katli

"you somethin else....but somthing just isn't right i can feel it"

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 10:35 PM
"We'll just be extra careful, then. Stick together and all that - if you want to, of course."

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 10:36 PM
looks at Katali

"woudln;t dream of spliting up from the two of you...abari is one of my closest friends and i... nvm....and your like my little brother"

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 10:36 PM
"We'll keep an eye out, Hawara. I think there might be something going on, too. You be careful too Katali."

He gently rubs her back with his paw, turning to Hawara and absent-mindedly staring at her. She really was beautiful...

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 10:39 PM
without thinking she wraps her tail around Jabari's and looks out over the desert as the sunsets.

"i'm gonna head out first thing in the morning to find a new watering hole, this one is dangerous now."

looks at Jabari ..wow he was really hands some , looks away and looks back at Katali....nodds

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 10:43 PM
"You're not going alone. That's too dangerous. I'll go with you."

Jabari gave her an extra rub on the back and then turned to Katali.

"You can come along too if you like. It would probably be a bit more entertaining than what you usually do."

He grinned.

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 10:43 PM
"You're right about that - picking fights can get soooo lame sometimes - there's hardly any good matches left." He grinned mischeviously. "Well, I've got a few things to do before bed, so you two have some fun while I'm away."

He winked and ran off as silently as possible.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 10:46 PM
frowned at Katali

"bussiness??? what type of bussiness??? and u better becareful."

moved closer to Jabari and looked at him

"you know u dont have to come with me"

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 10:49 PM
"Course I do. I don't ever want to see you hurt or lost from me. I...I don't know what I'd do. So I'm gonna come and protect you."

Jabari stared deeply into Hawara's eyes. Then turned back to Katali as he ran off.

"Be careful!!"

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 10:54 PM
watches and waits for Katali to get out of sight then pins Jabari on his back

"u dont know what u would do???? i think you would, watch over Katali and find a new best friend...but then again i mgiht be wrong"

licks the side of Jabari's face slowly then gets off of him and walks to the edge of the rock and sits over looking the desert

"we should keep and ear out for Katali that other one is still out there and he is out for Katali"

Jabari
May 16th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Jabari got up and walked over with Hawara.

"Yeah, we should keep an ear out. And Hawara...if I lost you, I could never replace you. Never think that of me. I could never do that..."

He sat down and looked out into the distance.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 11:06 PM
looks at jabari out of the cornor of her eye

" i dont think that of you thats what i would want you to do"

shivers and keeps looking out over the horizel

" i have a bad feeling"

Vitani Lover
May 16th, 2006, 11:32 PM
OOC: Gotta go now, be back tomorrow. I'll tell what happened to me "tonight" when I get back.

Hawara15607
May 16th, 2006, 11:35 PM
ooc: ok night

Jabari
May 17th, 2006, 01:23 AM
"Well I couldn't let you go if you were gone. I'm too faithful."

Jabari felt a strong breeze run through his mane.

"There is something up...I feel it. I agree with you. I guess we'll just have to be careful."

Hawara15607
May 17th, 2006, 01:42 AM
nodds in agreement with jabari

"yeah and its not good"

looks at him all of the sudden

"waht do u mean to faithful?"

Jabari
May 17th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Jabari felt his blood run cold. His face froze and he blushed.

"Oh uhh...I mean like...I wouldn't...I wouldn't..."

Jabari sighed, finding himself not knowing what to say.

"I wouldn't ever forget about you."

Vitani Lover
May 17th, 2006, 01:48 AM
"Hey gang, having fun?" Katali called as he ran up. "I went to the gorge to check on the crocs - there were none. They're all missing. I think you're right - something is going on. I was planning to sleep in my normal hideout, but I was too afraid to go there tonight for some reason."

Jabari
May 17th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Jabari sighed in relief as Katali came up.

"Good to see you're safe, Katali. Well, you're perfectly welcome to sleep here with Hawara and I tonight. We wouldn't mind the company."

Vitani Lover
May 17th, 2006, 02:00 AM
"Thanks - being out there tonight gives me the creeps - first time that's ever happened."

Hawara15607
May 17th, 2006, 02:01 AM
sat straight up and looks at him giving him a sly little smile that clearly said i'm up to something

"really?"

looked at Jabari like she had never looked at him before... could it be that she felt more for him then she thought??? moved a little closer

gives him a soft lick and a nuzzel

" we have been threw alot jabari.....and i dont think i could ever foreget u either"

Hawara15607
May 17th, 2006, 02:02 AM
"really..ne time i love being out at night it relaxes me "

Jabari
May 17th, 2006, 02:08 AM
"Night in the Outlands can be dangerous. It's perfectly fine if you stay here with us. We'll just have to huddle together."

Jabari returned the nuzzle and lick to Hawara.

"I know..."

Vitani Lover
May 17th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Katali snickered to himself. If they were going to get all romantic on him, he might have to find somewhere else to sleep, scared or not.

Hawara15607
May 17th, 2006, 02:10 AM
jumped then smiled at Katali

"u can stay here Jabari and i are just friends."

even tho she felt more ....y did jabari have to be so handsome..we are jsut friends she kept telling herself...

to her self "dont be stupid hawara u know u love him just admit it and run cuz thats what ur good at doing"

Jabari
May 17th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Jabari noticed Katali's reaction and grinned.

"Don't worry, Katali. We'll stop. Just let us know when you want to sleep and we'll settle down for sleep."

Hawara15607
May 17th, 2006, 02:14 AM
"yup"

looks up at the night sky she never relized how beautiful it was
sighs and stretches

"i'm goin for a quick run i'll be right back ok?"

Jabari
May 17th, 2006, 02:16 AM
"Go ahead. I'll stay here with Katali so he doesn't get left alone again. Have fun."

Jabari smiled and waved Hawara off.

Vitani Lover
May 17th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Katali waited until she was gone to speak. "By the way, Jabari, I saw Takara out there when I was coming back from the gorge. He didn't seem to notice me, but he may have been following me.

"I was close to going after him to finish what he started, but I remembered what you said, Jabari, and held off. Besides, I figured the other cubs need some rest and not a lot of snarling and snapping." He smiled again.

"I'm sure he's up to something, though - I just don't know what."

OOC: Woah, we're getting our sequence messed up here! Mind posting that last sentence below this post instead of above:D

Jabari
May 17th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Jabari turned back to Katali.

"Good for you for walking away. A fight would've just made things worse. Well, he won't be coming by here tonight. Not with me and Hawara near you."

OOC: Thanks for pointing that out, I just realized it!

Hawara15607
May 17th, 2006, 10:52 PM
come back from her run

"hey guyz, i didn't miss anything did i?"

she inhailded the night air and sat on the edge of the rock and over looked the desert...."hey Katali u didn't happen to see that Takara runnign around did u???"

Vitani Lover
May 18th, 2006, 01:48 AM
"Yeah, I sure did. Jabari can tell you; I'm bushed."

Katali yawned and curled up into a sleeping position on the ground.

OOC: Not very active today, will try to get back tomorrow. Feel free to RP, jsut say that I'm still sleeping if you go anywhere ;)

Jabari
May 18th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Jabari smiled at Hawara.

"You didn't miss much at all. We sat around most of the time you were out. I guess it got pretty dull when you left."

Jabari laughed and lied down beside Katali, grinning up at Hawara.

Vitani Lover
May 18th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Katali was dreaming... Running through green fields with his family: father, mother, and sister; love for each other evident on their faces.

Darkness came... shapes bore down out of the mist... roaring, clawing, ripping flesh... Katali knelt by the carcass of his father and his screams echoed to the skies.

He jerked awake and screamed aloud. Looked around... there were no dead bodies... no enemies.... It was just a dream, he thought. He took a deep breath and fell again into a fitful sleep..

Jabari
May 18th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Jabari looked over at Katali as he awoke frantically from his dream. Something must've scared him...so Jabari put a paw on his back to try and comfort him as he fell back into sleep.

"So...I guess this little guy is out cold now"

Hawara15607
May 19th, 2006, 03:27 AM
yawns and stretches then looks at Jabari and Katali

" is every thing ok?" she asked drozely

gets up does a few circels then lays close to Jabari

"what time is it???"

Jabari
May 19th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Jabari looked out to the setting sun.

"It must be getting late...the sun's setting. Let alone I'm starting to feel tired."

Jabari yawned and stretched his paws out. Why did he feel so tired...guess it had been a long day.

Hawara15607
May 19th, 2006, 03:33 AM
nodds blinking wrly over looking the desert

"indeed it has."

looks over at Katali, then looks at jabari

"awww, the poor littly guy he has had such a tring day"

rest her head on her paws

Jabari
May 19th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Jabari smiled and looked over at the young Kitali. 'He has had a tough day...' he thought. His paw gently rubbed Katali's back as the cub slept peacefully.

"Yeah, he's had a long day. Good to seem him peaceful and asleep now."

Hawara15607
May 19th, 2006, 03:40 AM
smiles gently then moves closer to Jabari for some warmth, she gave im a gently lick on the cheek then nuzzeled him

"night Jabari sleep well"

slowly closes her eyes and falls to sleep

Jabari
May 19th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Jabari smiled and sighed as Hawara rested her head down. The day was coming to an end. As always, he went to sleep with only a select few, not an entire pride. That was how it was in the Outlands. There was no escaping this lonely fate.

"Good night, Hawara. Night, Katali."

Jabari put an arm around Hawara and Katali and brought the two close before dozing off into a sleep.

Vitani Lover
May 19th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Not everyone was sleeping in the Outlands... a dark-furred cub was watching the sleeping trio, and Takara was not happy. He had been planning on getting Katali tonight, when he was away from the others, but he had not had an opportunity - he was sure Katali had seen him out there and would be on his guard.

Takara growled to himself. Tomorrow would be different... he owed that pest a beating, and he would deliver it - whether Katali was prepared or not.

With that pleasant thought, Takara crept away from the sleepers and back to the termite mound he called home. He had some planning to do, and he would need to be at full strength in the morning.

Hawara15607
May 20th, 2006, 01:36 AM
awakes the next moring and gets up with out waking the others and heads out to find a new watering hole

Jabari
May 20th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Jabari's eyes opened slowly as the first lights of dawn came through the horizon. Why did the sun have to be this bright so early...Jabari turned to see Katali still sleeping under his right arm. He smiled and let the little cub sleep. However, when he looked to his left, Hawara was gone.

"She must've gone out without me...we'll have to try and catch up with her."

He turns back to Katali and gives him a little nudge.

"Hey Katali, time to start waking up. We gotta find Hawara."

Vitani Lover
May 20th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Katali rolled over groggily, but then jumped up as Jabari spoke. "She's missing? Let's go, then!"

Jabari
May 20th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Jabari nodded and rose to his paws, stretching out.

"Alright, lets start heading east. I've heard that there were watering holes there...she might've gone that way."

Jabari nodded in the right direction and then started off.

Vitani Lover
May 20th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Katali ran off after Jabari. He couldn't be sure, but he thought he spotted a small dark form atop his rock as he ran off....

Hawara15607
May 21st, 2006, 02:33 AM
slowly headng towads a deserted watering hole that was better then the fist one

sighs and looks up at the sky and thinks ..."wow this is what i need a lil place to my self but its not the same with Jabari ...maybe i should have woken him up be4 i left but i didn't want to leave Katali behind with the other one out there"

takes a drink the dips her face in to the cool refeshing water....lays underneth a tree and rests

Jabari
May 21st, 2006, 02:50 AM
Jabari looked around in all directions for any sign of Hawara. She couldn't have gotten far...

"Hmm...if we keep going this way, I think we'll hit a water hole or two. C'mon, let's keep moving, Katali."

Jabari gave Katali a little nudge to keep him moving along. She had to be out here somewhere...

Hawara15607
May 21st, 2006, 03:03 AM
yawns and stretches looks over her sholder and see Jabari and Katali

"HEY GUYZ, I'M OVER HERE"

smiles sarcasticly she had a feeling she was in for a lecture from JAbarii

Jabari
May 21st, 2006, 03:17 AM
Jabari looked to his left immediately and saw Hawara there. He smirked and walked over to her.

"You know, you really shouldn't have gone out without us. We were worried. Anyway, I had promised I'd have gone out with you."

Jabari took a seat next to Hawara and started to drink from the water hole.

Hawara15607
May 21st, 2006, 03:35 AM
rolled her eyes and looked at jabari

" i'm a big girl Jabari i can take care of my self but thank you for the thought ... i like this one better then the last one what do u think?...where is Katali?"

Vitani Lover
May 21st, 2006, 06:45 PM
Katali came up huffing and puffing. "Whew! I need to get back in shape."

Hawara15607
May 22nd, 2006, 12:18 AM
looks back at KAtali

" ur fine u just need to learn to keep up with Jabari he is a fast one"

Vitani Lover
May 22nd, 2006, 12:24 AM
"Yeah, if he was much faster I'd have to call him Cheetah!" Katali said with a laugh. Then his face took on a more serious aspect.

"You know, I was almost sure I saw Takara out there...."

Jabari
May 22nd, 2006, 01:17 AM
Jabari turned his head.

"I sure hope not...he's not getting near you. As long as you're by me, he won't dare."

Jabari turned back to Hawara.

"So, I guess you found a water hole, huh?"

Hawara15607
May 22nd, 2006, 01:19 AM
looks up at Katali

"you might have..but he wont bug you cuz Jabari was with u"

Vitani Lover
May 22nd, 2006, 01:25 AM
"I guess not... I wouldn't mind teaching him a lesson, though," Katali said, extending his claws partway.

He shrugged. "But hey, we've found a water hole that's safe - for now, anyway."

Hawara15607
May 22nd, 2006, 01:26 AM
laughs

"yeah until someone desicdes to try and kill us again"

Vitani Lover
May 22nd, 2006, 03:11 AM
Katali smiled back. He hoped it wouldn't come to that anytime soon.

Jabari
May 22nd, 2006, 03:46 AM
"I think we'll be fine here. I'll make sure to keep you guys safe."

Jabari smirked and winked at the other two. That Takara was up to something...but what was he planning?

Vitani Lover
May 24th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Katali knelt to drink at the watering hole. Just then, a faint noise came to his ears. "Hey, do you guys hear anything?"

Jabari
May 24th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Jabari perked his ears up as he looked in all directions.

"I heard it too...stay close. Don't go wandering off. Something's going on here..."

Jabari started to sniff around, hoping to find the scent of whatever loomed around them.

Vitani Lover
May 24th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Katali perked up his ears... "Sounds like two of the other cubs to me. You can stay here, and I'll go check it out."

He ran off before getting an answer.... probably not the smartest thing to do.

Jabari
May 24th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Jabari turned fast as he watch Kitali run out.

"Kitali! Wait!..."

Kitali was a good ways ahead by now, though, and Jabari had to stay with Hawara.

"Be careful! Call immediately if you need help!"

Vitani Lover
May 24th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Katali screeched to a halt and shouted to Jabari. "I will!" He then continued towards the noise, which was still unclear to him....

OOC: Here's a new character for everyone to use:

SAHIRI
Fur: Cream-coloured
Eyes: Deep blue
Personality: Spunky, friendly

I'm about to write some stuff with her in it, so I thought I'd post up a description here....

Jabari
May 24th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Jabari sat back down, watching Katali run off into the distance.

"He had best be careful...who knows what's out there."

Vitani Lover
May 24th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Katali had found the source of the noise: two of the Outlands cubs having some kind of an arguement. One was Takara, he noted with a frown, and the other was Sahiri. He had heard of her and seen her around a few times, but they had never spoken and Katali had never given her a second's thought. He crouched low in the brush to hear what they were saying....

"I told you never to come into my territory again!" Takara shouted.

"But I was hungry, and you hardly ever come here anyway!" Sahiri protested. Katali groaned. It was brave of her to answer, but it would only make Takara angrier.

It did. Takara smacked her across the face with a paw, and jumped on top of her. "I'm gonna teach you to listen to me!" he said in a vicious tone.

Katali stood up. He had hoped to stay out of it, but she was no match for Takara and he needed to intervene quick. "Get off of her, Takara!" he called as he ran forward. He thought of calling Jabari, but decided against it; after all, he had a grudge to settle.

Takara looked up in surprise at first, but his expression changed to a leering grin when he saw who was speaking. "Hey, Katali! Come to rescue Sahiri here? How sweet."

Katali stopped about three feet away from them. "This has nothing to do with her. Leave her out of it. It's between you and me now."

Takara moved slowly off of his quarry and stretched out lazily. "Oh, yeah? Think you can take me?" He growled and readied himself. Katali responed in kind. For the second time in two days they faced one another; neither making the first move, but the stalemate couldn't last long.

Sahiri jumped up and ran in the direction of the watering hole, shouting for help. "Help! They're going to kill each other!"

OOC: Yes, a little long, but I thought most of it up last night and just had to type up my thoughts...

Jabari
May 24th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Jabari heard the cry for help and saw the young cub running towards them.

"Where are they?"

Jabari was now on his paws and fully alert, ready to run off at any moment.

Vitani Lover
May 24th, 2006, 02:25 AM
"Right over that way, not too far! Hurry!" she cried in a frightened voice.

Jabari
May 24th, 2006, 02:34 AM
Jabari chased after in that direction. It must be Katali...

"Kitali! Kitali! What's going on!"

Jabari looked around frantically, finally finding the two about to go at it. He ran forward and roared.

"Calm down, both of you!"

Vitani Lover
May 24th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Katali turned and rolled his eyes. Not again...

Takara looked at the big male in surprise. "Hey, what's the idea, Katali? Are you scared or not? Who asked him to butt in?"

"Quiet!" Katali snarled. "I'm not afraid of you!" He looked at Jabari. "Why'd you show up? I didn't call you. I wanted to handle this my own way!" He angrily struck the ground and glared at Takara again.....

OOC: Thanks for breaking it up, I wasn't sure how to write a fight scene between cubs ;)

Jabari
May 24th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Jabari panted from the run.

"Katali...what have I told you about violence? I told you it will get you nowhere...why don't you want to listen to me? I'm only trying to give you advice to help you...I only want what's best for you."

He then turned to Takara.

"And you...why are you stalking him?"

Vitani Lover
May 24th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Katali looked down, feeling a little guilty. "Well, maybe, but - he was going to harm Sahiri, and I was only trying to protect her! What else could I do - you think he wanted to sit and talk it out?"

Takara remained defiant. "Liar! She was in my territory, like you are now! I was taking care of a trespasser when Katali came bounding in, trying to be the hero, and came at me for no reason!" He gave a hateful look. "I'm "stalking" him because he was always nasty to me when I was too scrawny to do anything about it - I've grown now, and --"

Katali put in, "So I picked on you a few times. I'm not doing it anymore! You're the bully now, Takara, NOT me!"

Jabari
May 24th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Jabari frowned at the cubs. Territorial disputes in an anarchist land...figures. But cubs? What hold in "territory" could a cub hold?

"I know you were trying to do the right thing Katali, but you still should've called for help. You can calm down now. Sahari here is fine."

Jabari then turned back to Takara.

"What territory could you possibly hold, Takara? No one owns anything in the Outlands. No one, not even, can stake claim to a piece of land out here. And as for Katali picking on you, I'm sure he's sorry now. Just hear him out."

Vitani Lover
May 24th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Takara sulked. "Well, if you must know, this is where I've always done my hunting, and I just call it my own. It's where my mother raised me... before Katali's parents killed her, anyway!"

"That's another lie!" Katali yelled. He sprang suddenly and knocked his rival to the ground, where they wrestled fiercely in the grass.

Jabari
May 24th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Jabari stepped forward and seperated the two of them, roaring out again.

"Stop fighting! I just said violence isn't the answer! Do you really want to be the typical Outlander...the Outlander every Pridelander thinks of? Fighting over everything and anything...it's disgraceful. I'm sorry about your mother Takara, but there's nothing you can do. Most lions here have lost their parents. I lost mine...you just have to move on. Now I suggest the two of you put your issues aside and get along. It's the only way any of us can survive out here..."

Jabari looked at the two sternly. Why did everything resort to violence...

Vitani Lover
May 25th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Katali sighed and stared at the ground. Why did things have to be so complicated? "OK, Jabari, OK. I'll forget it if Takara will...." He walked off in the direction of the water hole.

Takara was obviously not convinced, but he was also a bit intimidated by Jabari. "Whatever," he muttered. "Sounds kind of wimpy to me, but... whatever." He looked up at Jabari. "So, what do I do now?"

-------------------------------------------

Katali was nearly to the water hole when Sahiri came running up to him. "Hey, thanks for saving me back there." Katali stopped and looked at her. Wow...you could get lost in those blue eyes pretty easily.

"Uh," he stammered, "I-I didn't really do it to save you... I was just trying to finish something he started."

She frowned. "Uhhh-huh. Well, thanks anyway." She smiled and ran towards the hole. Katali kept walking slowly, pondering over what he'd just thought about her. He'd never had that feeling around anybody before - it was a strange sensation. His once-simple life had gotten pretty complicated in just a short time. He decided it would be better to ignore it... for now.

Jabari
May 25th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Jabari sighed as he looked down at Takara.

"Well, Takara, you can come stay with Hawara, Katali, Sahari, and me if you wanted. There's not point in hanging out alone. It's much more dangerous that way."

Vitani Lover
May 25th, 2006, 06:55 PM
"Uh, I guess I could try if for a while... then I can always leave if I want to. I've been a bit nervous at night with all the crocs out there!"

Jabari
May 25th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Jabari smiled.

"You can leave whenever you want. But always know, you have nothing to fear with us. We're only here to look after each other."

Vitani Lover
May 25th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Takara rolled his eyes. Such friendly folk. "OK, lead the way," he said and walked off after Jabari.

--------------------------------------------

Katali had just reached the watering hole. "Hey, where is Hawara?" he asked out loud.

Jabari
May 25th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Jabari headed back to the waterhole with Takara bounding along behind him.

"Hawara?...where did she go...she couldn't of gone off again..."

(OOC: Dunno where Hawara has been...)

Vitani Lover
May 25th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Katali glanced at Takara and shot Jabari a look as if to say, "Who asked him to come with us?" but he said nothing.

"Well, she can't have gone too far. I guess if she's gone long enough we could look for her." He shot another doubtful glance at Takara and lay down in the sun. I'll be keeping an eye on you, at least, he muttered under his breath.

Jabari
May 25th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Jabari turned his head towards Takara.

"Takara is going to stay with us for awhile. He can't stay out there all alone. I recommend the two of you put aside your differences and get along. It'll make life easier for all of us."

He then turned back to Katali.

"In regards to Hawara...I don't know what to do. I can't leave all of you cubs here alone."

Vitani Lover
May 26th, 2006, 12:31 AM
"I guess not," Katali answered. "I hope she's OK, though."

Takara walked tentatively towards Sahari. "Hey, listen, about what--"

She shrank back from him, fearful. Katali saw this and ran over in between them. "Hey, give it a rest, Takara. You heard what Jabari said: no violence. Just leave her alone."

"But I was just--" Takara began. "Oh, forget it." He frowned and walked away from them. "Did you see that, Jabari? He wouldn't even let me talk."

Jabari
May 26th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Jabari sat back and looked down at the young cub.

"Takara, you'll have to give Katali some time to get used to you. He's going to be overly protective for a bit...he'll adjust. Just keep a level head and don't respond negatively. Everything'll work out. Until then, you can hang here with me."

Jabari looked out into the distance. Hawara was gone...but where? She just...ran off.

Vitani Lover
May 26th, 2006, 12:55 AM
"It'll take me more time to get used to him." Takara smiled slightly. "After all, I was ready to rip him apart just a while ago."

--------------------------------------------

Meantime, Katali was talking with Sahari... "Be careful around Takara... I don't trust him."

"I know he tried to hurt me earlier, but I don't know if he really meant it. Try being nicer to him and maybe you'll make a new friend."

"Maybe... or maybe it'll just be more trouble." Katali thought to himself. "Jabari said no more fighting but I'm gonna make sure he doesn't hurt you - just call for help if you need me."

"Allright."

Jabari
May 26th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Jabari smiled back at Takara and gave him a nudge to move closer to Katali and Sahari. Jabari followed along and at amongst the group of cubs.

"Now, we're gonna be with each other for awhile I think. So, I think you guys should get to know each other. I'll stay here to make sure nothing breaks out...but I really think you guys should be there for each other."

Vitani Lover
May 26th, 2006, 02:58 AM
OOC: OK, if I try the meeting part right now I'll mess it up; I'll get it up tomorrow after a good think-through session.

Jabari
May 26th, 2006, 03:03 AM
OOC: Sounds good, I sure hope Hawara comes back soon...running out of RP people here. We could really use some more people RPing here.

Vitani Lover
May 27th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Katali lay sprawled across a small rock, looking at the other two cubs. He had spoken with Sahari, but didn't really know her, and he had only ever yelled at Takara. So there was some pretty thick ice to break. "Well, a lot happened today," he began.

Sahari smiled at his attempt at conversation. "Yeah, it sure has. Makes me wonder what will happen tomorrow."

"I think I'll go visit where my mother died," Takara put in. Then as an afterthought he added, "Oh... you'd know about that, wouldn't you, Katali? I mean, it was your own parents that--"

Katali growled and jumped up. Takara gave a satisifed grin. "Ooh, musta hit pretty near the mark, huh?"

Katali started towards him, but Sahari sprang to land in between them. "Katali, NO!" she shouted. "Didn't you listen to what Jabari said? You need to learn to get along!" She turned to Takara. "And YOU need to stop talking about his parents like that - whether it's true or not!'"

Katali almost blurted out, "It's NOT," but he held off when he saw Jabari giving him a warning look. "Sorry," he said quietly and returned to his rock.

Takara also muttered "Sorry" and they fell back into an icy silence.

OOC: Note that I'll be gone from Sunday to Saturday, so I'll not be able to post during that time, but I'll be sure to catch up when I return.

Jabari
May 27th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Jabari smiled as the cubs started to interact. Hopefully, Takara would be included soon, too. If they were going to survive out in this...place, they had to work together. Who knows what could be around the corner for them. But...it was up to him to look after those cubs. He had to make sure they were safe...even if it took his own life.

(OOC - Sorry about the long time to respond, I just started my new job and I'm working tons of hours :eww: )

Vitani Lover
May 28th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Katali was getting a bit hungry. "I think I'll go and find some dinner," he said, and ran off into the desert, but not before assuring Jabari that he would be careful.... Takara and Sahari were left by themselves.

"Um," Takara started, "sorry about earlier, I... well, I wouldn't really have hurt you," he said with a grimace.

Sahari smiled encouragingly. "I didn't think you would - but I wasn't so sure when you knocked me over." Takara looked at the ground guiltily.

"Well, I was just, you know, angry... sorry. It won't happen again, I promise." He was feeling a bit awkward, this was one of the first times someone had actually talked with him and not been angry....

Jabari
May 28th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Jabari walked over the cubs and sat down.

"The only thing we can do is move on. You did wrong before, Takara, but if you leave that behind you and forget about it, your life will just get better."

Jabari sighed as he looked at the two cubs. But then...realizing Katali was gone, he sprung up.

"Where's Katali?"

(OOC: As for Hawara, I have no clue where she's in. I guess we'll have to label her MIA. Dunno if she's coming back.)

Vitani Lover
June 3rd, 2006, 05:39 PM
OOC: Back now, will try to get another entry in later today.... EDIT: OK, here goes:

Takara looked around at the surrounding area. "I think I know where he went too - should I go and look for him?"

Sahari jumped up. "I'm coming too!"

Takara looked at her with a sardonic smile. "I don't think so, Sahari. You don't know this area, and I do - I'll find him. Waddya say, Jabari?"

Jabari
June 4th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Jabari frowned.

"I don't want all of us splitting up. We'll both go with you Takara."

He looked around for Katali. He had to be around somewhere.

Vitani Lover
June 4th, 2006, 09:29 PM
"OK," Takara nodded. "I'll show you the way," and he bounded off with the other two following.

(OOC: Would you mind doing a little RP with the Sahari character? I like the character, but not as much as my other two, and I don't want her to be static and unused.)

Jabari
June 5th, 2006, 05:31 AM
(OOC: Sure, I'll get on that.)

Jabari followed along with Sahara nearby. He looked back at the young cub, not having really seen her around before this.

"So Sahara...where are your parents?"

Vitani Lover
June 5th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Sahari sighed. "I... don't know. We got separated during the big fire." She looked out over the Outlands and beyond. "I hope they're still out there somewhere - alive...."

Jabari
June 5th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Jabari smiled and gave Sahara a little nudge.

"You can always have hope. Hope is what keeps all of us in the Outlands going. We can always hope that our loved ones are still alive...or that there is a place for all of us that's better than this desolate place...just keep your head up, alright, Sahara?"

Vitani Lover
June 5th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Sahari smiled up at him. "OK, I will." She then ran to catch up with Takara.

"Shut up!" Takara snapped as she ran up loudly. Then he frowned. "Sorry." He pointed to where he was taking them - a large ring of stones in the middle of the desert. "I think Katali will be there. My mother was killed there, too... come on."

Jabari
June 5th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Jabari had a feeling of caution brewing in him.

"Take it slow Takara...you never know what could happen up here...Sahara, you stay back here with me. We've got your back, Takara."

Vitani Lover
June 5th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Takara had led the others to the edge of the stone circle. The walls rose about six feet off the ground.

"OK, I'm going in," he said, and fell to the ground. He crawled slowly through a crack in the rocks. Sahari followed after him, but he didn't think that Jabari would be able to fit.

"Jabari, you might want to climb over the top... I'm pretty sure Katali would go here if he wanted to be alone."

Jabari
June 6th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Jabari nodded and started to climb up.

"Just be careful..."

He kept climbing until he reached the top, peeking in to see what was going on.

Vitani Lover
June 6th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Katali watched Takara emerge from the crack, with Sahari right behind him and Jabari scrambling over the rocks. "What are you guys doing here?" he asked.

"We were getting kind of worried about you," Sahari answered. Takara said nothing, just looked at the ground.

"What's wrong with you?" Katali asked. Takara looked him in the eye.

"My mother got killed right here where I'm standing. You know what happened, don't you? Your parents got angry at her and--"

Katali growled and jumped up. "Stop it!" Sahari shouted. "It's hard enough out here without you two fighting all the time." The others looked at her in surprise. She glared at them. "You both need to stop being selfish."

Katali took a deep breath. "But--but he's lying! My mom and dad wouldn't have done anything like that. Ever!" Sahari looked at him sadly.

"I didn't know them, so I can't really say. I do know that whatever happens, you two need to forget it and be friends - I'm sure you have a lot in common. Don't you think so, Jabari?"

Jabari
June 6th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Jabari nodded his head slowly.

"Exactly, Sahara. You two need to level your heads and work together. Whatever happened to your parents is in the past. You shouldn't let that serve as a bar between you two. With times as they are...we need to work together."

Jabari smiled at Sahara and patted her on the head with his paw.

"That was a very grown-up thing to do."

Vitani Lover
June 6th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Sahari smiled up at Jabari, then said, "I hope they get the point." She watched Katali and Takara standing off by themselves. "Out here, everyone just wants to fight their problems out. We need to think of a way to help them become friends. Do you have any ideas, Jabari?"

Jabari
June 7th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Jabari sat down for a minute to think. The only way they could ever become friends is if they spent time together...but, what if they spent the night together? Jabari grinned and pulled Sahara over to him with a large paw. He leaned close to whisper in her ear.

"Here's the plan. We say that we have to go out and look for food for the night. We'll say that we'll just camp out. These two are to stay here and hold this area. Us, on the other hand, will go out back and watch."

Vitani Lover
June 7th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Sahari covered her mouth with a paw to stifle a giggle. "That's perfect! Let's go tell them now!"

Jabari
June 7th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Jabari grinned and nodded as he stood up once more.

"Alright guys, I want you two to stay here and hold the perimeter for the night. Sahara and I will be going out to look for food and other possibilities for shelter. I don't want either of you leaving the area under any circumstances. Be careful and stay safe."

Jabari nodded to both of them and then nudged Sahara out of the area.

Vitani Lover
June 8th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Katali wanted to ask why only two were going out to look for food, but Jabari was gone already. He was stuck here, with no one but Takara to keep him company. He sighed. "Well, that was random. They just took off."

Takara said, "I guess so. What do you want to do now?"

Katali shrugged. "Not much to do here." They sat in silence, not sure of what to say or do. Katali was thinking about Hawara and wishing he could look for her. "I know," he said, "let's climb up to the top of these rocks!"

Takara nodded slowly. "OK, let's do it." Katali got a head start by jumping onto the nearesy rock, but Takara was able to pass him by the time they reached the top. They sat and looked out over the endless field of stars.

"You can see all the way to the Pridelands from here," Katali said in awe. Takara didn't answer; he was lost in thought.

"Do you remember your parents, Katali?" he said finally. The question caught him off guard.

"It's like a fog, you know? Sometimes I can hear them inside my head, and it's like they're still with me, and sometimes I can barely remember them at all. I miss them," he finished in a near-whisper. His eyes misted over and he turned his head to keep Takara from seeing a sign of weakness.

"I know what you mean," Takara said softly. "My mother was always there to watch out for me, and now she's gone. I've been on my own for as long as I can remember." His eyes narrowed. "And it's all because of what your parents did."

Katali tensed - not that subject again! "Let's not go there, Takara. I don't want to fight right now."

"Scared of me, Katali? Your parents were scared of my mom, so they killed her in an ambush - but my mom's friends got them for it. You didn't know that, did you?"

Katali took a deep breath and mentally told himself to withstand the urge inside. "No, I didn't know that - I only knew some Outlanders killed them. I sort of remember it, too - I dream about it all the time. But I bet you miss your mother, as much as I miss my parents. What about your father?"

Takara looked away. "I don't want to talk about my father - I don't even remember him."

"OK, we won't talk about it." They sat side by side, two tiny figures in a barren land.

Jabari
June 9th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Jabari took a peek at them, grinning. He knew it would work. They just needed some time to get to know each other and be alone. This'll help out a lot...but...he still always wondered if there was another lion his age out in this dense, barren land. It seemed like childhood was the only time there were other lions your age...

He turned to Sahara.

"Sahara...never grow up."

Vitani Lover
June 9th, 2006, 02:44 AM
"I'll try not to," she said with a smile, then stole another look at Katali and Takara. They seemed to be doing all right. "Do you believe what Takara says about Katali's parents? That's the main source of tension between them. If they work around that, they'll get along just fine."

OOC: Go right ahead and create some more characters of your own if you want... the more the merrier ;)

Jabari
June 9th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Jabari shrugged his shoulders.

"I really don't know Sahara. It might be true...it might not. I think that's something the two of them will have to sort out between them."

He winked at Sahara and gave her a playful nudge.

"Don't worry. Everything'll work out."

(OOC : Hehe, I dunno if I'll make any more. I'm trying to find someone to kinda fill in for Hawara. :P)

Vitani Lover
June 9th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Katali looked out over the Outlands. He wanted to get to the bottom of the story Takara told about their parents, but he sensed that the other didn't want to talk about it, and he really didn't want a fight right now.

He slipped quietly from the rock and to the ground again. He was looking for a sleeping place when a hissing sound made him freeze to the spot. A large snake was coiled right in front of him, ready to spring. Katali shook with fear, but he knew he couldn't move quickly or the snake would attack. He decided to back away slowly. The snake bobbed back and forth aggressively, and Katali was sure he was a goner.

Then several things happened at once. Katali was thrown off of his feet, but he managed to see a form moving rapidly towards the snake, and then the snake's head was pierced by Takara's teeth and claws. It took only a few seconds.

Katali was stunned. He took a minute to catch his breath and still his heart. "Where did you learn to kill snakes?" he asked at last.

Takara was also breathing heavily. "Mother taught me - she knew all kinds of ways to get rid of them."

"But why did you do it to save me? I thought you hated me."

Takara frowned. "Well, it wasn't to save you. If the snake got you, it could concentrate on me next, without you as a distraction."

Katali gave him a doubtful look. "Uh-huh. Right." He wondered if Takara was telling the whole truth. For now, though, he was ready for some rest. He lay down and fell asleep in no time.

Jabari
June 11th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Jabari grinned. Perfect...

"See, Sahara? That's all they needed...just some time alone. This'll be great from now on. No more bickering."

Jabari smiled and pulled Sahara against his fur as he lied down.

"We should get some sleep now, huh?"

Vitani Lover
June 11th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Sahari took one last look at the sleeping form of Katali, then lay beside Jabari and drifted off to sleep....

----------------------------

Takara looked down at Katali sleeping at his feet. He wanted so badly to hurt him now, while he couldn't fight back, but he just could not bring himself to do it, and he felt like a traitor to his mother because of it. He would have to do something about that....

"About what?" Takara jumped; he hadn't seen Katali rouse himself.

"Uh... nothing. I was just saying that I was hungry and needed to do something about it."

"Oh." Katali didn't seem convinced or fooled completely. Takara groaned inwardly at his stupidity in allowing his thoughts to come out of his mouth. And now Katali was awake again. This was turning out to be a long night....

Jabari
June 11th, 2006, 04:13 PM
While Sahara slept by his side, Jabari kept a close eye on the other two cubs. Takara still looked untrusting of Katali. He was going to have to overcome this. In order for them to survive, everyone had to trust one another. If Takara wouldn't...then who knows what could happen.

Jabari decided not to sleep but keep an eye on the two. If any fight were to break out, he had to be there to stop it.

Vitani Lover
June 11th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Takara and Katali lay across the formation from each other, not paying the other much mind. Katali wanted to talk about their parents, but Takara did NOT want to get into it. Katali stood and walked over to him. "Takara," he started. Takara looked up at him. "I really want to know the truth - do you think that my parents killed your mother?"

Takara glared at him for what felt like the hundredth time. "What are you asking, Katali? She told me that they did before she died - that's enough for me."

"What if she was lying to you? My parents would never kill anybody without a good reason."

"A good reason! You think that just because she was in their hunting ground, that was a good reason? Your parents were murderers!"

Katali felt the heat rising on the back of his neck. "Don't you say that! Your mother deserved it!" He knew right away it was the wrong thing to say. He braced himself for a possible attack as Takara's face contorted in anger....

Jabari
June 11th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Jabari saw that things were getting heated and it would be a fight soon enough. He tried to get up as gently as possible as to not wake Sahara and walked into the area.

"Break it up, you two. I thought leaving you two alone would help to sort out your problems. But I guess I'm going to have to be the problem solver here."

Jabari walked back to Sahara and gently nudged her before picking her up in his mouth and bringing her with him in with the other two cubs. He sat down and let Sahara lie down against him.

"Now, let's get this sorted out once and for all. I'm tired of seeing you two at each other's necks. We all need to get along. I can't have you two ready to kill each other at every moment. Now, Takara, tell us your side of the story."

Vitani Lover
June 12th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Takara tried to figure out where to begin. "OK, I'll tell you." He took a deep breath and started.

"My mother and I lived pretty much alone, you know. Kept to ourselves; she had her own hunting ground. One day while I was sleeping she went out to find some food, and there were Katali's parents, angry at her for entering "their" hunting area. Mother told them that she had been there first, but they said she was a liar."

Katali stirred, but remained silent and in his place.

"She told be about it that night. The next few weeks Mother hunted away from where they had been, but eventually the food ran out, and since she had been their first anyway, she decided to go into the contested area and hunt. I saw her go and thought it was a bad idea, but I'm just a cub and she wouldn't listen; and I told you how scrawny I used to be.

"She never came back. That night I knew that something was wrong, and I went looking for her. I found her lying almost dead in a dry riverbed. I cried, and she told me that it was Katali's parents who killed her, and that I should be careful and grow up strong to make her proud.

"After that, I stayed away from others, especially older lions, but one day I spotted Katali's parents, and there he was - I saw Katali for the first time. I hated him inside because he had two parents and I'd only ever had one, and now she was gone too.

"I never saw his parents again, but he was around sometimes, alone; and like I told you, he always picked on me because I was too weak to fight back. I had to grow up quickly, and I got stronger because I had to eat.

He caught his breath. "That's pretty much it."

Jabari
June 12th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Jabari sat and took all of the information in. This was a common occurence among Outlanders. Territory seemed to be everything. But...it wasn't Katali who killed his parents.

"Takara, you do know that Katali didn't kill your parents. He has or had no control over his parents actions. If they did in fact kill your parents, it wasn't his fault. Territorial claims are pretty common in the Outlands. It's just...how lions try to survive."

He then turned to Katali.

"Now, Katali, as for picking on him, you should know that many Outlanders have to fend for themselves. You should always think about others' feelings before you start to pick on them. What if Takara had picked on you if your parents were dead? How would you feel? But all the same, I believe that both of you are in the fault here. Takara, you shouldn't link blames just by bloodlines. Katali, you should think of others ' feelings next time. Other than that, you two have more in common than you think. You two just need to find your common ground. And I think your common ground should be putting aside the differences your parents had and befriending. In that, you'll be stronger than ever."

(OOC: Phew...)

Vitani Lover
June 12th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Katali sighed. "OK, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have picked on you before, and I really am sorry that your mother got killed, though I'm still not sure that it was my parents who did it."

Takara looked at him, and it seemed a sincere apology. "I'm sorry, too. It was wrong to goad you on about your parents, when what they did wasn't your fault, and I'll try not to do it again."

Katali couldn't help but notice that Takara still stuck with the fact that Katali's parents killed his mother, without question, but he ignored it. "All right, I'm really tired now. Let's get some sleep." And as the sun began to rise in the East, the former adversaries fell into a much-needed rest...

(OOC: Very good work on the arbitration, Jabari - I just had to apologize after that;))

Jabari
June 12th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Jabari smiled as the two cubs fell asleep. That was it...that was what it took to get the two of them to get along. Time would tell, however, if it would last. In the meantime, sleep didn't sound like too bad of an idea. Jabari lied down with Sahara at his side and quickly dozed off into a gentle sleep.

(OOC: Thanks! :ayecapn: )

Vitani Lover
June 12th, 2006, 08:10 PM
(OOC: What do we do next?:evilgrin: I think you should design the next story arc if you would like to)

Jabari
June 13th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Jabari couldn't sleep peacefully as everything seemed to finally calm down. Something just didn't feel right. He slowly rose to his paws and looked around. It felt like...there might be other creatures around. Jabari sighed and sat down. Guess he wasn't going to sleep tonight.

He looked over at the cubs sleeping peacefully and smiled. It was a long day for all of them and they deserved this rest. Jabari would have to stay up the entire night and keep an eye out for anything strange. He just had a gut feeling.

However, this time awake gave him time to think. He thought of the cubs' futures. What would they do without parents? They'd have to grow up alone...just like Jabari did. All those years alone...no one to cry to...no one to talk to. Those years were so rough. He just hoped these cubs wouldn't have to deal with that.

He sighed as a tear fell down his face. He just had to hope...

Vitani Lover
June 14th, 2006, 02:45 AM
The cubs too were having a restless night. Katali dreamed once again of his parent's deaths, and Takara saw his mother's face ordering him to make her proud someday.

Sahari also dreamed, but her's was a wonderful dream - she was with her family again, laughing and frolicking. Then something strange happened - her mother, father and brother disappeared and were replaced by the images of Jabari, Katali and Takara. Strange, Sahari thought as she awoke, then fell again into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

OOC EDIT: I will be going down to Florida tomorrow and getting back early Friday evening, hopefully with a new RP entry.

Jabari
June 16th, 2006, 12:56 AM
(OOC: Ironic :P. A day after you get back, I go down to Disney World. And I'll be out for a good while. Don't worry, the RP won't die. :cheese: )

Vitani Lover
June 18th, 2006, 01:41 AM
(OOC: See you when you return, enjoy yourself.)

Jabari
June 19th, 2006, 03:41 AM
(OOC: I won't be leaving until this upcoming Saturday. So I have some time :D)

Jabari looked around the perimeter, searching for anything that could harm them. Sure enough, it didn't take long for him to realize there was a prowler. He could see the dark outline of a hyena to his left. He immediately crouched low and started to advance. He had to do this quickly as to not wake the cubs...

Vitani Lover
June 19th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Takara stirred awake after feeling sure he'd heard something. He spotted Jabari advancing toward what looked like a hyena. Takara hated hyenas...he moved under the cover of a bush and tried to fall asleep again.

(OOC: I see, so how long will you be gone when you do leave?)

Jabari
June 19th, 2006, 05:14 PM
(OOC: Quite awhile. I think I'll be back early July/late June. I'll be back for a couple days before I go down to Disney again for another 7 days or so :D . It's a good time to find another person to join in on our RP. I'll make my response for this RP a little later)

Vitani Lover
June 19th, 2006, 05:41 PM
(OOC: Yeah, I'll have to think of the best way to recruit some other members. However, it's not that bad, since I'm going to be gone from June 25th to July 2nd... so I'll really only miss you for about a 1.5 to 2 weeks - I can do it ;))

Jabari
June 22nd, 2006, 02:55 AM
Jabari prowled slowly around the lowly hyena. That hyena was planning on attacking the cubs in their sleep. Jabari growled low to himself and prepared for the strike. The hyena seemed to sense something was wrong, but continued to move slowly forward. Jabari got closer and closer and then finally pounced, catching the hyena by surprise. The two fought but Jabari put a paw over the hyena's mouth, so that the cubs could continue to sleep.

Vitani Lover
June 22nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Katali stirred in his sleep. "Wh-what's that noise?" he said sleepily. "Whoa!" He had seen Jabari struggling to keep the hyena quiet.

"Hey, wake up!" He smacked Takara with his paw, hard enough to knock him awake. The latter woke up muttering angrily, but his eyes widened when he spotted the fight. They lay down to watch the event...

Katari
July 1st, 2006, 10:13 PM
(OOC: OK, I'm back now, and hopefully when Jabari gets back we can kick this thing off once more!)

Jabari
July 8th, 2006, 07:26 PM
(OOC: Hey guys, popping my head in for a breath before I head out once again :cheese: . I'm headed to Florida once more, last time I promise! I'll be back next Saturday. Feel free to move me around! Do whatever you like. I'll catch up when I get back and we can get this moving again. :P. See you all when I get back!)

Katari
July 15th, 2006, 01:10 PM
(OOC: It'll sure be nice to have you back, and I'll just be patient another day and let you get us started again - don't want to make 'ol Jabari do anything OOC, after all :eww: )

Jabari
July 18th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Jabari growled furiously as the hyena fought back, tearing at his skin.

"Cubs! Run and hide! I'll find you!"

Jabari kept rolling with the hyena. Tears swelled at his eyes as he felt the hyena bite into his shoulder. The fight rolled on as the two exchanged blows. Finally, he was able to throw the hyena off and threw it into a nearby rock, rendering it unconcious. He breathed heavily from the fight, blood clearly dripping from his fur.

Suddenly, he heard it. The howls of hyenas. Great...there was more than one. They had to get moving.

(OOC: I return!!!)

Katari
July 18th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Takara and Katari dragged Sahara between them and ran for it, she soon woke up and ran on her own power.

Katari shivered as the hyena sounds reached his ears...not a good thing!

(OOC: Great to have you back!)

Jabari
July 18th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Jabari began to run after the cubs. Seeing them in the distance, he pushed harder, breathing heavily out of exhaustion. He pulled up beside the cubs and stopped them.

"Quickly...everyone into that cave over there. We have to hide before the hyena's go looking for us."

Jabari stepped behind them and looked out into the distance. The howls of the hyenas were getting louder. They had to get out of the open as fast as possible.

Katari
July 18th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Sarana was shaking as they entered the cave mouth. "B-but I thought that the hyenas all left! Why'd they come back now, Jabari?"

Takara replied, "Isn't it obvious? They're out of food in their other home, so they came back to see what's around here to eat - like you!" he finished in as deep and throaty a voice as he could do. Sarana backed away to the wall, her eyes wide.

"Shut up!" Katali warned as he moved in front of Sarana. "Unless you want them to hear you." Takara scowled at him, but he did shut up as the hellish laughter drew closer...

Jabari
July 18th, 2006, 01:47 PM
"Stop trying to scare Sarana. We need to huddle up and the back of this cave and keep quiet. Hyena's maybe nasty, but they're also pretty stupid. If we remain completely silent, we could dodge them. If worse comes to worse, we'll have to make a run for it, got it?"

Jabari looked at all of them seriously but put a paw on Sarana and pulled her up against him to calm her down.

Katari
July 18th, 2006, 07:34 PM
The evil howls echoed off the inside of the cave, and even Takara was getting nervous. "How many do you think there are?" he asked quietly.

"Sounds like hundreds!" Sahara whispered. Takara laughed softly at that, and Katali had to grin.

"No, they normally don't get a group that big. Ten or twenty I'd guess - my parents told me about hyenas before they died..."

The wailing, giggling cries came close and closer...

(OOC: Whoops, I meant Sahara in that last post, not Sarana...she's in my fan-fic, see, and I got 'em mixed up :ayecapn:)

Jabari
July 20th, 2006, 01:08 AM
(OOC : Got it. Sorry about the late response. A huge storm blew through the northeast last night and we lost power till 4 this morning. On top of that, we didn't get internet and cable back till 9 PM :( )

Jabari kept his ears up and pushed the cubs further into the cave. There had to be somewhere to hide...a rock or hole or something. Jabari scowered around and finally found a small hole into the rock wall. They'd have to squeeze, but they could do it.

"Alright...everyone into the hole. I'll follow in last and keep all of you hidden. If I get taken out...just stay down and stay quiet."

Jabari looked back out and could vaguely see the outlines of small black creatures. They needed to hide now.

Katari
July 20th, 2006, 02:00 PM
(OOC: I'll be out for today at my great-grandma's funeral, so I'll continue on when I return tomorrow afternoon.)

Jabari
July 21st, 2006, 11:22 PM
(OOC: Sorry about your great-grandmother :( . See you in a bit.)

Broken
July 22nd, 2006, 12:02 AM
((ooc: I am sorry too :alone:. Not to sound rude, but do you guys care if I jump in? I think Simba Marasa was looking to as well))

Katari
July 22nd, 2006, 02:13 PM
(OOC: Come on in, Broken. I'm gonna be out until next Friday, and I'm sure Jabari would enjoy some company.)

Broken
July 22nd, 2006, 04:40 PM
((OOC- Just going to jump in then. See you friday!!))

A small cub was also running from the hyenas. She had a solid 50 yards on them at least. Normally she would duck down into the grass to hide, but there where too many she was sure to be found. Not seeing her ?father? she took off when hearing the howls and laughs. Seeing the cave she made a quick b-line for it. She skidded on the rocky surface to stop when she saw the adult lion. Her ears dropped and brilliant blue eyes widened, red fur falling in her terrified face. She was a very pale color, and obviously malnourished. She began backing up, hoping he didn?t see her. She had been warned about other males frequently, she probably had better chances trying to simply hide from the hyenas!

Katari
July 22nd, 2006, 07:54 PM
Sahara popped out from between Jabari's legs and called to the cub. "Hey, you! Over here, we can hide in this hole!" She just hoped the new cub would hear...

Broken
July 23rd, 2006, 04:55 AM
The cub looked to the cub that called to her, relieved. She sprinted to the hole past the male joining the other cub, thankful for her kindness. The red head didn?t take up very much room at all. She hunkered down shutting her eyes tightly.

Katari
July 23rd, 2006, 12:13 PM
(OOC: And I'll see you all on Friday...)

Broken
July 24th, 2006, 01:19 PM
((see you Friday!))

Jabari
July 26th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Jabari looked down at the new cub and then out at the hyenas.

"Alright...everyone just stay low and stay quiet. Hyenas aren't too smart...so we might be able to hide away from them."

Jabari took one last glance at the hyenas before crouching down, blocking view of the cubs. He could hear the steps of the hyenas get closer...

(OOC: I'll keep going a little later. 'Tis 3 AM here :P)

Broken
July 26th, 2006, 07:31 PM
The small cub hid into the others shaking in fear. She kept herself small, so the others could fit. She hoped her adoptive father wasn?t out there with those things.

Jabari
July 28th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Jabari watched as the hyenas sniffed curiously around the cave. A few seemed to bicker with each other about something or other, but Jabari just did his best to be quiet. He hardly breathed.

One hyena went a little farther into the cave than the others. He seemed to be getting closer and closer to Jabari and the cubs. As the hyena got closer, another called him back as they began to exit. The hyena took a strange look around the cave and then turned back, walking slowly out of the cave.

As soon as the hyenas were out of sight, Jabari let out a sigh and slowly got to his feet. He looked out to make sure the hyenas were gone and then turned back to the cubs.

"I think they're gone...all the same, we should stay here for the night. You cubs can sleep...I'll watch out for any more hyenas out there. You never know if they'll come back."

Katari
July 29th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Though supposed to be sleeping, Sahara wanted to get acquainted with the new cub. "So, what's your name and where are your from?" she asked with a friendly smile.

(OOC: I return!)

Broken
July 29th, 2006, 02:25 AM
The cub blinked. ?My name is Broken?? she said quietly. ?I?m from far away from here?? she smiled shyly. Out side a large, lanky lion stalked around the cave, nose in the grass. His pelt was dirty and unkempt, his mane was the same, looking shaggy in the moon?s light. He looked up towards that cave, bangs falling into his mismatched eyes. He snarled green tinted teeth bared. His claws unsheathed as he stalked towards the cave, seeing the other male in the entrance. The cross that dangled from a cord in his long mane caught the rays of the moon causing it to flash as he walked.

Katari
July 29th, 2006, 04:58 PM
"You and Sahara should get along just great," Takara said to Broken with a sly grin.

Sahara looked at him suspiciously. "Oh really? Why is that?"

Takara grinned nervously. "W-well," he stammered, and then, gaining confidence, he ended with, "You're both named after weird things - a desert and a way to get hurt!" He dodged a swipe from Sahara, who started chasing him around the room.

Katali snickered at the comment, but then something else caught his attention - a huge male lion, dirty and angry-looking. Maybe if he kept quiet, it wouldn't notice them...

Broken
July 29th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Broken laughed to herself. ?Maybe.? She smiled, as she jumped into the game of chase.
The male outside had already noticed and was walking closer to the cave entrance. He bared his teeth more, his nose picking up the scent of what he was exactly looking for. He was the type to attack now and ask questions later, which was exactly what he was going to do in this instance. He moved closer to the cave entrance, noticing he had been spotted he growled walking up to him, staring him down.

Katari
July 29th, 2006, 08:02 PM
After pointing out the strange lion to Jabari, Katali moved behind him and told the others to keep out of sight.

Broken
July 29th, 2006, 10:35 PM
The stranger stopped in front of the males. His front claws were extended, he stared at them with a black and a red eye. ?I?m looking for a cub.? He stated, his voice was scratchy and harsh, his words growled. He scowled at them, he didn?t smell anything on them that would imply that they killed it.

Katari
July 31st, 2006, 12:40 AM
Katali shuddered under the cold gaze of the big lion, and backed away carefully but quickly to the other cubs.

(OOC: Now we kind of need Jabari to respond to keep the story flowing.)

Jabari
July 31st, 2006, 05:43 AM
(OOC: REALLY sorry about the late response! I've been really busy lately with getting ready to pick out and apply for colleges. Let alone going out with friends, etc. Sorry!)

Jabari looked at the new male with a strange glance.

"A cub? What's their name? What do they look like?"

Jabari seemed suspicious about this oddly groomed male. He looked dangerous...untrustworthy. This day seemed to just be one problem after another, and Jabari was getting sick of it. Although, he would protect these cubs to the end.

Broken
July 31st, 2006, 09:20 PM
The male growled, annoyed by the questions. "She's small and pale. A red mess on her head." He explained, obviously annoyed. "I lost her when the hyena's came. She never stays where I tell her." he growled. "I smell her."

Katari
July 31st, 2006, 09:37 PM
Takara shifted at that. He pointed a paw at Broken and mouthed, "You?"

Broken
July 31st, 2006, 11:56 PM
Broken tilted her head and looked to Takara. She was oblivious to the male out front. "Me?" she mouth back to the male, confused.

Katari
August 1st, 2006, 12:00 AM
Takara rolled his eyes and motioned for her to look at the angry male right outside the door. Broken shook her head and he started to push her towards the entrance, but Katali got in between them and shoved him away.

"There's some big male out there, Broken, and he's asking for a cub who looks like you -- red hair and all. Maybe it's someone you know?"

Broken
August 1st, 2006, 12:09 AM
The cub tilted her head to the side her ears falling. She looked around Katali at the male. She ducked down a little. "Oh no... He looks mad." She swallowed. "I better go... this could get ugly..." she said looking to Katali for him to let her by.

Katari
August 1st, 2006, 12:10 AM
Katali stepped out of her way. "Boy, I hope you know what you're doing."

Broken
August 1st, 2006, 12:19 AM
Broken nodded at Katali. She flicked her tail and padded to the entrance. "Hey Murdoc!" she smiled innocently to the large angry lion. She nuzzled his leg cautiously, surprised that he let her. She knew she had worried him, but he would never show it. She sat by his paw and looked up at him. "Let?s go." He growled standing, moving his paw, letting her fall back.

Katari
August 1st, 2006, 12:27 AM
The cubs watched Broken, concern written on their faces, wondering where she was going and if they would ever see her again.

Broken
August 1st, 2006, 03:08 AM
Broken looked to the cubs, her new friends and back to Murdoc who was walking away. "Wait... Mud... Didn't you say there is safety in numbers? That's why the hyenas run in packs... and lions in prides?" she called after him. He paused and looked back to her. "Aye cub..." he said with a sigh, they had been though this already and he wasn't in the mood for a repeat. "Well..." she looked to the other adult male. "Wouldn't it be safer if we stayed with them?" she asked innocently, looking back to Murdoc, who couldn?t answer.

Jabari
August 1st, 2006, 05:08 AM
"You're completely welcome to stay with us if you want. It's a tough land out here and there are scavengers running around in packs everywhere. It might be best if we all stick together."

Jabari nodded at the two lions in front of him and then turned to the cubs behind him.

"Are all of you alright?"

Katari
August 1st, 2006, 11:53 AM
The trio nodded slowly, a bit taken aback by the proceedings.

Broken
August 1st, 2006, 12:54 PM
Murdoc seemed put off by the invitation and looked to the cub at his paws. It would be safer, he reasoned with himself and sent a small almost unnoticeable smile to Broken and picked her up by the scruff and carried her inside the cave. The way he carried himself now was not as dangerous, but he was still heavy on his paws, tired and worn. He set the cub sown before laying down himself.