PDA

View Full Version : New RP section - Outlands

Pages : 1 [2]

Jabari
August 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM
Jabari nodded at the pair and sat down.

"All of you can sleep tonight. I'll stay awake and keep an eye out for anymore hyenas. I'd say you cubs had a long day."

Jabari smiled and put a paw on Sahara's back, looking out towards the cave entrance as he could see the moon high in the dark sky.

Katari
August 1st, 2006, 09:58 PM
Katali awoke in the middle of the night in a sweat -- his dreams had returned again, but he couldn't remember exactly what had happened. He rolled over and looked around at those who shared the cave with him -- all of them asleep. The sun would not return for hours yet, but he couldn't fall asleep again, try as he might to submit.

He decided to take a walk -- what harm could come of that? He could use some excercise, anyway. He stood and stepped out lightly, so as not to awaken the sleepers. A rolling canvas of dark blue greeted him, dotted with thousands of stars. He had heard somewhere that the Great Kings lived in the stars, but if they did, well...they had never been much help to him.

Silently, Katali mused on his future. While he was fairly secure here, for now, at some point he would have to leave, to make his own life out there. He couldn't rely on the protection of Jabari forever, nor on the loyalty of "Great Kings" or even friends. His mind flashed to Sahara, and he tried to turn it away, but lacked the willpower. She had captivated him from the first...he wouldn't let anything happen to her. But then Takara's face interrupted his musings. Yes, there was his trouble...the one who hated him, and -- perhaps -- not without cause.

And why was he thinking such deep thoughts, anyway? Why couldn't he just live the life of a cub, with parents, and wild games in the grasslands, and, and... and a real life? A life beyond skulking and hiding, fighting and scavenging. Why couldn't he...be something, something more important than just another Outlander. Ah, but he was still a cub...

He turned to go back to the cave that acted as a temporary home, but something pulled him away. He set out walking, away from his friends and towards the unknown...

Jabari
August 2nd, 2006, 01:39 AM
Jabari's eyes opened slowly as he awoke from a quick nap.

"Shouldn't have fallen asleep like that...guess I was more tired than I though."

Jabari got up and stretched out, looking around at all the others sleeping in the cave. Something caught him though...Katali was gone. Jabari looked around to see if he had moved but couldn't find him.

"Where did that cub go..."

He ran toward the cave entrance and looked out, searching the barren land for any sign of the cub. Nothing...why would he go out like that? He returned quickly to the cave and to the others and tried to rouse them.

"Guys...Katali is gone."

Katari
August 2nd, 2006, 02:31 AM
(OOC: Tomorrow...the fate of the missing cub is revealed;))

Broken
August 2nd, 2006, 05:22 AM
Murdoc looked up from grooming the sleeping cub beside him. He stood and walked to Jabari, looking out. He said nothing, didn't seem too worried, he didn't know the cub. He would repay his debt for them saving his. "Where would he have gone?" he asked quietly.

Katari
August 2nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Takara looked up at Murdoc. ?If I?m right, he?s not really going anywhere, just wandering around. He probably hasn?t gone too far.?

?What if a hyena got him?? Sahara cried worriedly.

Takara smiled. ?If a hyena got in here, I?m sure Katali would have let us know. Don?t worry, he can take care of himself.? Much as he hated to admit it, Katali could probably do better own his own than he himself could.

?But those hyenas are still out there,? Sahara said. ?He can?t be out there alone.?

?Maybe he just got tired of us,? Takara said matter-of-factly. Sahara rolled her eyes.

?Tired of you, maybe. That would make two of us.? She frowned. ?But we do need to find him.?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Katali didn't know where he was going, but he was going to have to figure it out. He needed a change, that's all. He looked around for any kind of potential destination, and then he spotted one -- the old termite mounds! That would give him shelter, and a good place to store food. He had lived there before meeting Jabari and Hawara, and it had always worked out.

Then his mind wandered to Hawara. Where had she gone, anyway? Maybe the hyenas had taken her, he thought sadly. Oh well, such was the Circle of Life. He started off to the mounds at a run...without seeing the dark shape moving in from behind.

Broken
August 2nd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Broken had woke with the commotion and looked around. She looked to the other cubs and went to them quietly. "Do you really think he'll be okay out there?" she asked sitting beside Sahara.

Katari
August 2nd, 2006, 06:12 PM
Sahara looked at the small cub, a concerned expression on her face. "No, I don't think so. I think we need to find him -- soon." She turned to Jabari.

"Don't you think we should look for him now?"

Jabari
August 2nd, 2006, 07:35 PM
Jabari nodded slowly.

"We should go find him. I just hope he hasn't gone far. With those hyenas still out there, it's extremely dangerous to be out there on your own. We should probably try retracing our steps from yesterday. Maybe he went back there to see if it was safe to return there."

Jabari started to walk forward, heading back the path that had taken them to the cave. Why would Katali just leave like that...he would be so much safer if he were with the rest of them.

Katari
August 2nd, 2006, 07:54 PM
Katari was asking himself the very same thing. He had reached the mounds without any real trouble, but then -- now, rather -- he was running for his life in the opposite direction. How had the hyenas (four of them) spotted him? He had been careful, but it wasn't enough. He could only hope that the others found him before he ran out of energy...

-------------------------------------------------------

Sahara thought she heard something -- a hyena laughing? Or more than one. "Jabari, listen!" She bounded up a small hillock -- and saw Katali, pursued by four hyenas. "Oh no! Help him, somebody!" She dashed out of sight and shut her eyes tightly as the chase drew closer.

Jabari
August 3rd, 2006, 02:35 AM
Jabari saw Katali being chased by the hyenas and Sahara's cry and immediately lept into action. He ran towards Katali and stopped when he reached him. He put a paw around Katali and stepped back, baring his teeth at the hyenas.

The hyenas seemed to try and advance on him, so Jabari let out a challenging roar to the offenders. He let Katali down slowly and turned to him.

"Katali, get back there with the others. I'm not sure if these hyenas are going to scare easily."

Broken
August 3rd, 2006, 03:41 AM
Murdoc chased out as well, he let out a threatening roar as well swatting at a hyena. He stopped beside Jabari baring his teeth, lowing his head challengingly. He was sure two lions had a better chance of scarring them off than just one.

Katari
August 3rd, 2006, 01:30 PM
Katali jumped out of the way and behind the two older lions...

Aride TWT
August 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
where am i from?..nobody knows. im so unspoken many mysteries about me. am i even alive or am i jus a figment. am i real or...a dream.
is this a dream?..or is this really wats happening. im afraid but curious.
who
what..are u?
i dont know you..you dont know me..how can we possibly know each other
yo
yo

yo
whats you're name..im so..lost..again..i need you
but you are no longer here..
lost is where i shall be and stay.
intersting.
i must go
LIVE

Katari
August 3rd, 2006, 07:00 PM
(OOC: I take it that's supposed to be an RP entry for your character?)

Broken
August 3rd, 2006, 07:55 PM
((ooc- looks like spam to me >.>))

Katari
August 3rd, 2006, 08:21 PM
(OOC: Ahem, yeah. Moving on...)

"Get him, Jabari! Tear 'em apart, Murdoc!" Takara and Katali shouted encouragingment to their protectors. Sahara grabbed hold of Broken and shook uncontrollably.

Jabari
August 4th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Jabari turned to Murdoc.

"Just start advancing on them. We might be able to scare em off."

Jabari started to take steps forward, growling low at the hyenas. His teeth were bared as a challenge to this hyena threat. Those hyenas would not harm those cubs in any way.

Murdoc and himself would make sure of that.

Broken
August 4th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Murdoc took a couple steps forward, advancing on them wouldn?t work for sure. He growled when one went to bite at him. He let his paw flying dealing a fatal blow to its neck.

Katari
August 4th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Katali followed the dead hyena with his eyes. "Boy, Murdoc doesn't play around!" he thought, taking comfort in the fact. They were safe enough as long as they stayed far away...but then he would have to explain why he'd left, and he wasn't entirely sure yet.

Broken
August 6th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Broken smiled when she saw the hyena fall. ?Nice shot!? she said aloud. Murdoc was still growling watching the other hyena?s his fur soaking up the blood of the one at his paws.

Katari
August 6th, 2006, 12:42 AM
"Eww!" Sahara grimaced at the blood and she quickly looked away. The male cubs were enjoying the spectacle, though.

Jabari
August 6th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Jabari grinned at Murdoc, after watching Murdoc easily fell the hyena.

"Very nice shot. As for this one..."

Jabari let out a roar as he started to advance on the other. The hyena backed away slowly, trying to hold its ground.

"I doubt this one could defend itself alone. Let it go? Or should we deal with it before it gets out?"

Broken
August 6th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Murdoc growled and easily moved around the hyena. ?Never let them go.? He sneered, claws extended. ?They?ll go get more of their pack and attack again.? He looked to Jabari, he would let him kill this one, he wanted to see how he fought.

Katari
August 7th, 2006, 12:16 AM
The cubs watched expectantly to see what Jabari would do...

Jabari
August 7th, 2006, 09:18 PM
(OOC: Ugh...sorry for the late response. We lost our internet yesterday and just got it back...)

Jabari nodded to Murdoc. He wasn't used to having to kill things...but he guessed he would have to.

"Alright then..."

Jabari roared and swiped his claw at the hyena's face. He proceeded to jump onto the hyena and give it one more blow to the head, to put it out of its misery faster.

"That's done...now let's just hope that no more hyenas show up..."

Katari
August 7th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Sarana opened her eyes, tail twitching nervously. "Where do we go now?"

Katali shrank back and turned his back to the crowd. Now he might have to explain what he was doing off on his own.

And Takara...he was just excited to see some hyenas go down! He looked admiringly at Murdoc and Jabari, wishing to be able to do the same one day.

Broken
August 8th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Broken went to Murdoc and nuzzled his leg. He looked down at her and almost smiled. ?They know were we are now?? he said gruffly. ?I think it would be safer to keep moving now that they our off our tails.? He continued.

Katari
August 9th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Sahara looked expectantly at Jabari, waiting for him to answer Murdoc's suggestion. She liked to think of herself as independentl, but this whole mess with the hyenas was beginning to change her mind...about a lot of things. She waited still, willing to follow what Jabari said for her own safety.

Jabari
August 9th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Jabari nodded. "Murdoc's right. We have to keep moving and get these hyenas off our tails. I'm not sure of anywhere in particular we could hide out...do you, Murdoc?"

Jabari looked over at Murdoc, hoping he might know somewhere the lot of them could hide out.

Broken
August 9th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Murdoc looked around carefully, trying to get his bearings on this new land. ?There is a place? up in the mountains a ways.? He started and looked to the cubs for a moment. ?Hyenas wont usually go so far unless they are very desperate.? He looked to the two dead. ?We should head out soon if you decide to go.? He said picking Broken up by the belly and kept her cradled in his powerful jaws and teeth. He felt he owed them something for saving the cub, his cub, so he decided to wait until they were ready to go.

Jabari
August 9th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Jabari turned to the other cubs.

"I think it's best if we go with Murdoc. We can hide out until it's safe. Are all of you alright? If anyone needs to be carried, let me know. I don't want anyone passing out or falling behind."

Jabari looked at the cubs with an extremely serious look on his face. These lands were getting dangerous and they needed to move. Who knows when the other hyenas would come looking for the two dead in front of them.

Katari
August 9th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Takara sniffed. No way would he be carried. Maybe Katali needs to be carried, he thought, and said as much in a mocking tone. Katali scowled, in no mood for this kind of thing, but Sahara broke in, "I think we're all OK. Let's go," she said, a bit reluctant, but it was a necessary action for their own safety.

Jabari
August 10th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Jabari nodded. "Good. You cubs go ahead of me. I'm going to walk behind the group. Just follow Murdoc and try to keep up."

Jabari looked over to Murdoc and nodded. "I think we're ready."

Broken
August 10th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Murdoc nodded, Broken still in his mouth. He turned away from the group and walked almost slowly, so the cubs could keep up. He kept his tail low for them to see him in the tall grass as they entered it. It was tall enough to reach past Murdoc?s shoulders. He led them straight into the night, leaving the familiar lands into safer ones.

Jabari
August 12th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Jabari turned to the cubs and motioned them to get moving. "Follow Murdoc. I'll watch everyone's back. It's best we get out of here as soon as possible."

Jabari took one last look back before following along with the group.

(OOC: Guys, I'm going to be away till next Friday with my family at the beach. It's my last vacation of the summer before I come back and enter the horrible weeks of Band Camp :eww: . Anyways, feel free to move my character around and do whatever you need with him, except kill him :D . Other than that, see you all next Friday!)

Katari
August 12th, 2006, 03:28 PM
(OOC: Broken, would you like to take control of Jabari until he returns? If you don't want to, I suppose I could do it, but I've got three characters of my own already.)

Sahara padded up beside Murdoc. "Murdoc, sir, where are we going to?" She hoped it wasn't anywhere scary...

Katali and Takara walked along behind Murdoc and Jabari, not talking, just trudging along to whatever place they were headed. Katali did perk up at Sahara's question, ears straining to pick up the answer.

Broken
August 13th, 2006, 12:22 PM
((OOC- Alright, I'll play him, I hope I do him justice ^.^))

Murdoc looked to the cub out of the corner of his eye, but couldn't answer, Broken was still in his mouth. "We're going back to were We are from..." Broken answered. "It's kinda far, and a little scary getting there, but it's safe." she said smiling at her new friend.
"How far is it?" Jabari ask looking to Murdoc who paused to drop the cub beside the other, jaw cracking when he closed it again. "Probably three days saight." he said looking to the other adult, thankful he wasn't the onlyone cubsitting.
Broken walked alongside of Murdoc. "We didn't come straight from there... but he knows where he is going." she said quietly to Sahara.

Katari
August 13th, 2006, 12:42 PM
(OOC: Okay...)

The three cubs nodded and followed along behind the adults, hoping this place would be as safe as Murdoc promised...

Katari
August 13th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Sahara nodded and turned to the guys. "Keep up, you two -- it's a three-day walk to where we're going!" They looked up and ran to catch up with her, then all three followed the adults to wherever they were going...

Broken
August 14th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Murdoc realized how srange this must look, two adult males and 4 cubs following them. The sun was rising and becoming almost too hot. He looked to his cub who was becoming tired, but kept walking. He looked around and saw a river bed, a familiar one for Broken. "Let's rest for a few moments and get something to drink."

Katari
August 15th, 2006, 01:11 PM
The cubs were glad for a rest, and settled down to drink from the cool water and lay in the warm sun under the shade of a tree that grew by the river, but Katali knew they would start off again before very long.

Broken
August 16th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Broken drank her fill and looked to Murdoc who wasn'tpaying much attention as always. She would normally use this time to cause misshif. She looked around and padded to Sahara. "Hey." she greeted her with a small smile. She didn't have any friends aside from Murdoc, and wanted to make more. She was unsure how to though.

Katari
August 16th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Sahara looked up from her drink. "Oh -- hi, Broken." She returned the smile with one of her own, but also hesitated on where to start. "Um..." she began. "So, uh, have you been this way a lot before?" That wasn't the best way to start a conversation, but it was the best she could think of...she was still getting to know Broken, after all.

Takara walked up to Murdoc, whom he was beginning to admire even more than Jabari, if he would have admitted it. "Hey, Murdoc -- do you think we're going fast enough?" he asked, waiting eagerly for an affirmation -- he had, of course, been going as quickly as he could, if only to attract some attention from the older male, now staring at him, seemingly uninterested.

Broken
August 16th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Broken shook her head. "No. Murdoc and I are travling... Where we are going is were he found me." She explained laying down her paws in his water.

Murdoc rose a brow to the cub. "No hurry that we aren't getting chased yet." he shrugged. "No nearly as fast as I would be doing alone, but that goes without saying." he said, the cub indeed had caught his eye.

Jabari
August 20th, 2006, 03:12 PM
(OOC: Oi, back. Thanks for playing my character there, Broken :D)

Jabari took a small drink of water then sat back. His eyes slowly strayed to the cubs, who all seemed to be locked in conversation. He smiled, knowing it was only a little while ago when all of them had barely known each other.

He sighed and then thought back to Hawara. What had happened to her? It seemed like only yesterday they were sitting together...then she was just...gone.

Katari
August 21st, 2006, 01:30 PM
(OOC: Hey guys, been having a serious prob with spyware since last Thursday, so haven't been active since then. If you see me not posting for a little while, just kind of mess with my PCs as you see fit, but I'll probably be back on in a limited capacity in the near future. Okay, will reply for the RP sometime today, I think....)

Katari
August 22nd, 2006, 03:45 PM
"Oh...." Sahara was confused. "So, if Murdoc just found you there, where were your parents? I mean, did they just leave you on your own?" She her tail questioningly.

Takara was excited to have Murdoc talking with him -- it made him feel more important, somehow, even if the lanky rogue was a bit reserved with his words. "So, when we get to wherever it is" -- he realized he had no clear idea of where they were headed -- "you're taking us, then what? Do we just hide out there for a while?"

Katali was by himself, watching the others. He noticed Jabari in particular, staring into the water hole's clear surface sadly. Katari tentatively walked over to him. "Hey, Jabari," he began. "Something wrong?"

Jabari
August 22nd, 2006, 09:41 PM
Jabari shook out of his thought as Katari turned to him. "I'm alright, Katari. Just thinking about things...and some others. You holding up alright?" Jabari flashed a smile at Katari and then turned back out, letting out a sigh as the breeze blew past his cheek.

Katari
August 22nd, 2006, 10:02 PM
"Oh...." Katari mumbled slowly. "Thinking about Hawara?" he ventured. "I was thinking about her just earlier, when I...ran off. I kinda miss her." He did miss her, he realized sadly...she had been the first one to really take notice of him. If she hadn't reminded him about what kindness was -- who knew where he'd be right now. Maybe alone in the Outlands, fighting other cubs for food and space -- maybe dead, in some hyena's belly. A chill ran over his spine at the thought. "I wonder where she is right now...."

(OOC: Y'know, this RP could use a lioness' touch at some point -- maybe if a new person wants to join in as an older feminine character. Or maybe not....)

Jabari
August 22nd, 2006, 11:46 PM
Jabari nodded. "I think about her a lot. I really don't know what happened to her...she was here then...gone. Hopefully after this is all over, we can go looking for her." Jabari looked back out into the horizon almost as if he hoped to see her running towards them at that moment.

(OOC: Good idea. It'd be great if someone could step in as Hawara or if I did or whatever. Or someone (or me) could just make a new character to step in. I'll leave it to anyone else to step in first, if no one seems interested, I'll step in. I just don't know how I'd do handling two characters :P)

Broken
August 23rd, 2006, 02:04 PM
Broken looked to the other cub, her expression saddening. She shook her head. ?They didn?t want me? so they left me there? Murdoc found me. He was going to kill me? but changed his mind?? she smiled faintly.

Murdoc looked to the cub. ?We really don?t need to ?hide? there,? He stated. ?It?s relatively safe.? He looked the cub over, and looked to Broken when he herd his name. He acted like he didn?t care for her, perhaps hated her, but that wasn?t at all true.

((OOC: I have a female just begging to be used IO adobted not long ago^.^ I'll bring her in if you'd like))

Katari
August 23rd, 2006, 03:05 PM
Sahara felt terrible for poor Broken -- imagine not even being wanted by your own parents! Her's had always taken care of her...while they could. "I know how you feel, sort of...." she offered. "My mom and dad are...well...gone. I don't know if they're dead, or alive, or what's happened to them." She sighed, empathizing with the redheaded cub beside her. "Maybe I'll find them, someday."

Takara looked at Broken as Murdoc did, wondering what was going through the loner's head....

"Yeah," Katali responded to Jabari. "Maybe we can look for Hawara...just the two of us" -- he paused, thinking -- "and maybe Sahara, too." He liked Broken all right, but he didn't like the idea of leaving Sahara with Murdoc...and Takara, too. It just didn't feel right, somehow.... He had noticed Takara "sucking up" to the big male, and realized that he wanted to be more like Jabari...it was funny, the two of them gravitating towards the older male that was more like them.

Broken
August 23rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
Broken smiled to Sahara. ?I hope you do,? She said ?at least have closer on it.? She said gently.

Murdoc noticed that the cub was still looking at him. He rose a brow. ?Where are your parents?? he asked almost coldly, annoyed.

Jabari
August 23rd, 2006, 11:39 PM
Jabari smiled over at Katali and put a paw on his back. "Yeah...when this is all over...we can go try and find her. If Sahara wants to come, she's more than welcome." Jabari truly appreciated the company of the cubs. With the situation at hand, he was especially proud of them for keeping their cool. This truly wasn't something every cub would ever have to deal with.

(OOC: Go on ahead, Broken :P. As for Hawara, I might be able to play her later on at the appropriate time :D)

Katari
August 24th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Katali smiled as Jabari voiced his approval of the idea. "Yeah, we'll do it...if we make it out of this mess," he said soberly.

Sahara smiled at Broken's kind heart, but then she felt selfish for thinking of her parents, when Broken's parents didn't even want her. "Broken, I'm so sorry about your parents. Maybe they've changed their minds by now...maybe they'll come looking for you." She tried to sound hopeful.

Takara was startled by the hostile tone in Murdoc's voice. He took a few steps back and shuffled his paws together nervously. "Oh...m-my parents? Well, I only had one -- my mother, and now, she's...um...she's gone." He looked at Katali and felt angry in spite of himself. "He did it!" he snapped, pointing at Katali with a paw. "Or, at least, his parents did," he corrected. "Mom went into 'their' territory, and then -- when she didn't come back -- I went and looked for her. I found her lying there...all bloody and torn...and she told me they did it." He wiped a paw across his eyes. "I'm gonna get Katali back for that, someday, too," he said, trying to sound completely sure of himself...but the memory hurt like it always did. "I'll get him back...." he whispered fiercely under his breath.

Sahara looked up upon hearing Takara's outburst. "Oh, no. He's probably angry at Katali again -- sometimes I swear they'd kill each other if they could. You know boys...always showing off...." She smiled at Broken, seemingly unconcerned, but wondering if trouble might be brewing.

Katali's ears pricked at the mention of his name, and his head jerked up to see Takara talking with Murdoc. He snarled. "There he goes again -- making me look bad. One day I'm gonna have to stop him from talking bad about me." He looked at Jabari, tail lashing in frustration. "I thought he'd gotten better -- guess I was wrong. What's his problem, anyway?"

Jabari
August 24th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Jabari let out a sigh as he turned to Katali. "Some hatreds...are so deep in one's heart that it just won't leave, no matter how hard they try. The hatred might not be because of something that was true...but it's still there. Just let it sit for now. Just ignore him. I'll split it up if he goes after you. If you stay near me, I'm sure he won't try anything stupid." Jabari gave him a weak smile before looking back out. Takara was always so angry...but why?

Katari
August 24th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Katali nodded...Takara's anger was something hard to explain, he knew, but why did it have to be him? He almost wished that the other cub would try "something stupid", just so he could show him a thing or two. "Oh, well. I can let that one go, for now, but one day he has to work through his getting so mad all the time." He rolled his eyes upward -- why did things always have to be so complicated? And what a sad fate to live in the Outlands, where cubs were bitter and hardened by a young age -- when all they should care about is playing tag and causing harmless mischief.

"But, if he's the one in the wrong, why do I always get so angry, too -- I mean, I just wanna tear him up sometimes!" He grinned at that, looking at his small claws -- what harm could he really do, anyway?

Broken
August 24th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Murdoc growled, claws digging into the earth. ?You?re a fool boy.? He hissed at the cub. ?You can?t hate the cub of lions that killed your mother, they did what was right by them, what any parents would do if a stranger came onto their lands.? He stated, he wasn?t sure why he had been so angry at this, he normally didn?t care. ?It?s stupid to hate him for what your mother did to get herself killed.? His scowl darkened. ?You sound like a coward talking like that.? he stated. ?She?s dead so grow up and let it go. Or would she be pleased that your are destroying yourself with hatred?? he asked, his miss-matched eyes looking square into the cub?.

Broken jumped when she herd Murdcoc become angry, her ears went back and her head shot up looking in the direction of Murdoc and the other cub. ?Uh oh?? she ducked back behind Sahara. She had seen him in this mood before, scary was an understatement.

((OOc- Uh oh Mud's is peeved. He has his reasons though))

Katari
August 24th, 2006, 12:06 PM
(OOC: 'Tis fine, Broken -- it's good for character development, after all!)

This time, Takara did jump back, and his eyes widened at Murdoc's anger. Boy, what had gotten him so upset? But, then, it was the first time he'd heard more than a few words out of Murdoc. He had heard the same message -- albeit in a calmer way -- from Jabari, and more than once.
What Murdoc didn't seem to grasp was that his mother had been in that land first, and Katali's parents killer her out of spite -- but there was no point in explaining this to the furious Murdoc. He moved back as the next words hit home. Would his mother really be ashamed of him if she were still alive? At her death, she'd asked him to make her proud -- but she hadn't mentioned revenge -- Takara had just taken it that way. Maybe he was in the wrong....?

Sahara stared at Murdoc, now growling at Takara. She felt sorry for him, even if it was what he needed to hear. He might be a nasty jerk, but she knew he had better in him. He'd tried to be nice a few times in the past -- maybe that was his real self? She wondered as Broken jumped behind her in fright. This must have happened before.

Broken
August 25th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Murdoc sighed, cooling himself off, trying to at least. ?Maybe your mother was the type who liked fighting? maybe you are doing her proud.? He stated before simply laying his head in his paws, resting.
Broken sighed out relief. ?He?s a grump.? She chuckled to Sahara. ?He gets mad easily?? she said quietly. Her large cub ears twitched as she herd something in the tall grass behind her. ?What?s that?? she asked in a whisper looking back as the grass moved and swayed.

Katari
August 25th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Takara smiled in relief. Well, he had gotten lucky that time around...Murdoc was no longer angry. But was he right? He couldn't remember everything about his mother -- was she a fighter, too? He would have to think about that....

Sahara looked in the same direction as Broken. "What do you think it is?" she asked, a little fearfully. What if it was a hyena...or more than one? What if it was something...bigger?

Broken
August 25th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Murdoc was up in an instant when he herd the grass move, and saw it part. He was in front of Broken and Sahara quickly, pushing them back. He bared his teeth incase it was trouble.

Katari
August 25th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Katali had seen everything: Murdoc's getting angry with Takara, and calming down, and now moving towards the disturbance in the grasses. "Maybe you better go help Murdoc," he said to Jabari. Then he called, "Hey, Sahara, Broken, come over here where it's safe!" He didn't bother with calling Takara, knowing the brooding cub would come if he felt like it, and calling him would just stir up trouble in the end.

Sahara lifted her nose to the wind, trying to catch the scent of whatever the noise was. Then she heard Katali calling. "Come on, Broken," she said, running over to Katali, at a safer distance. "Takara, this way!"

Katali sighed -- leave it to a girl to make the mistake. "Just come on!" he snapped. Glancing at Takara, he groaned -- he was crawling on his belly, getting closer to the rustling grasses behind Murdoc. "He's asking to get killed," Katali muttered out loud.

Jabari
August 26th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Jabari nodded. "Yeah, you and the other cubs stay hidden in the grass." He took a few steps and crouched down beside Murdoc, also baring his teeth. "You don't think the hyenas caught up already...do you? I didn't think they were that smart..."

Katari
August 26th, 2006, 02:36 AM
The cubs dropped to the ground, including Takara, though he was a good deal close than the others to the source of disturbance.

Broken
August 26th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Murdoc shook his head. ?It?s something bigger?? he said in a hoarse whisper. He had looked back to see Broken huddled down a fair distance away with the others, and Takara too close for his comfort.
It was a few moments before what ever it was made itself known. An adult lioness stepped into the clearing, boldly looking down at the males, but not trying to pose a threat. Her pelt was a strange color of green, toes blue and brown, the blue markings ran up her legs, both front and back, past the ankles to a point. Another lioness, a lighter green popped out as well, she was smiling, until she saw them then grew more serious.

((OOC; Brought two in? I hope that?s okay- I had two that looked similar that needed a place ^.^))

Jabari
August 26th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Jabari maintained his crouch position but gave the lionesses a curious look. "Who are you...what are you doing here?" It was too dangerous in the Outlands to just trust everyone they came by. These two had to explain before any trust could be given to them.

Broken
August 26th, 2006, 12:47 PM
The darker lioness stepped in front of the other, as if protecting her. ?I am Belili, this,? she motioned to the younger lioness now behind her. ?Is my younger sister, Absynthe.? She stated, frowning slightly. ?Who are you?? she asked looked to the males. ?Why are you here, with all those cubs??

Katari
August 26th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Takara wasn't sure whether to pass out, run for cover or start laughing. Green lions? Too much! You never know what you're gonna see next in the Outlands, he mused.

Katali smirked as the threat dissipated. "Gee, I've never seen any lions like those before," he commented to the girls. "So much for not being noticed." His grinned fiendishly. If the lionesses decided to stay, he would have to ask them about their strange color....

"At least it wasn't hyenas," Sahara scolded him. "You keep that to yourself."

Jabari
August 26th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Jabari nodded and stood up. "I'm Jabari. These cubs are orphans that we've been looking after and we were on the run from hyenas back in the Outlands." Jabari looked back to the cubs to make sure they were still being careful. The coast wasn't clear just yet.

Katari
August 26th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Takara stood up, revealing himself, and trotted over to the adults. He looked up at Belili and smirked. "Did you fall in a bunch of green muck, and it just stuck that way?"

"Takara, don't be rude!" Katali said as he came walking up, leaving Sahara and Broken behind him. "Just ignore him," he said apologetically to the lionesses. "He's a little...uh...antisocial."

Broken
August 26th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Murdoc couldn?t help but snicker at the cub?s comment. Belili growled at the cub advancing slightly before her little sister bounded up to stop her. ?No, actually?? she started to try to explain. Neither of them were neon, but it was still so odd. Broken moved forward sitting at Murdoc?s large paws. It was obvious by simply looking at them. Absynthe was the younger, with a bubbly personality, and her sister, had seen too much of life to say the least. ?It?s okay?? Absynthe said quietly, trying not to show her hurt. ?We?re used to it??

Katari
August 26th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Takara grinned up at Murdoc. Katali was still trying to apologize, to placate the newcomers somehow -- he could see how embaressed they were by Takara's comment. "No, it's not okay. He's just being nasty, ignore him. You" -- he turned to the grinning Takara -- "just shut up...." he smacked him off balance, tumbling into the grass.

"I'm Katali," he offered. "This is Sahara," as the other cub came up behind him. "Where are you guys from?" He smiled in an attempt to reassure them.

Jabari
August 26th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Jabari frowned at Takara after his comment and shook his head. "Please just ignore that. We mean no harm to you two." Jabari took a seat, feeling that these two new lionesses wouldn't harm them.

Broken
August 26th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Absynthe seemed to relax a bit, she smiled, ?It?s nice to meet you all.? She said. Belili nodded slightly. ?Who?s this one then?? she asked motioning to Broken, who had been silent though all this. ?I?m Broken.? The youngest cub smiled. ?This is Murdoc?? she said leaning against his foreleg. Belili sat, no longer feeling threatened, her sister followed. ?Mind if we join you?? Absynthe asked, earning a glare from her sister.

Jabari
August 27th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Jabari thought it over for a minute. "I don't see why not...we're following Murdoc to a place where we can hide out for awhile. If you'd both like to come, I'm fine with it." Jabari smiled at the two lionesses then turned to Murdoc. "That sound alright with you?"

Katari
August 27th, 2006, 02:29 AM
Sahara smiled...it looked as if the sisters would be joining them. Good. It would be nice to have some more female companionship for a change....

Katali looked away from the grown lions, to where Takara lay in the grass, staring at the sky. Probably furious. Maybe...maybe now was the time -- his time to try and make things right. He had been waiting for the right moment, and this was as good a time as any, if Takara would talk. He set his jaw and started towards the dark brown cub, heart pounding and mouth dry.

Broken
August 27th, 2006, 11:31 PM
?Aww please Muds?? Broken begged her adoptive father, with her large blue eyes. He sighed. ?It?s fine with me.? He said, he really didn?t need coaxing, he was a male after all, any female company could prove? interesting. ?Thank you!? Absynthe smiled, her sister only nodded.
((OOC- SOrry for the late reply guys!))

Jabari
August 28th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Jabari nodded at Murdoc and then smiled. "So, what brings you two out here anyway?" It wasn't every day that he saw a pair of green lionesses. So it was needless to say, he was curious.

Katari
August 28th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Sahara looked up and saw Katali walking, slowly but surely, towards Takara. Trouble...? She shook it off and looked at the lionesses, waiting for an answer.

Broken
August 28th, 2006, 01:14 AM
?Well you see, this is were we grew up?? Absynthe explained. ?We left when we were young, we came back looking for our pride? but needless to say their gone.? She finished. She sat beside her sister. ?Were are you guys headed anyways? There isn?t much out there?? Belili asked, raising a brow. Broken observed this action, realizing Murdoc often did the same thing, were the two related? She shrugged and laid in Muds? arms as he laid.

Katari
August 28th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Takara looked up from the grass...here came that stupid Katali, ready to deal out more punishment! He growled softly, but decide to remain lying down, and wait, to pounce him when he got close enough....

Jabari
August 28th, 2006, 01:20 AM
"Well...most of us grew up in the Outlands. We're following Murdoc to get to safety from a nasty pack of hyenas..." Jabari finally realized that every lion here was separated in one way or another from the ones they loved. Each one was on their own...

Katari
August 28th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Katali ran back to Jabari quickly. "I've gotta talk with Takara...try to settle things up. I'm getting tired of fighting. Promise you'll keep out of this one, will you please? I'll handle it on my own this time." He waited, hoping for an affirmative.

Sahara frowned at that. "Don't you think you are asking for trouble? Sounds like you're looking for a fight!"

Katali gave her a "what do you know -- you're a girl!" look. "Gimme a break, Sahara. I don't feel like fighting right now. Please, Jabari?" he queried again.

Jabari
August 28th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Jabari frowned over at him and shut his eyes. "I'll stay out of it. Just please...don't get into a fight. Try and settle it as peacefully as possible." Jabari nodded for him to go ahead and then turned back to the two lionesses.

Katari
August 28th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Katari nodded and started back towards Takara, who was barely moving...maybe he was asleep? He walked as softly as he could, so as not to wake him.

(OOC: I could have posted the interchange already, but it might be a fairly significant piece of character development, so I'm making sure I get it right.)

Broken
August 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Murdoc looked over to the cubs, quietly, he never thought anything could be settled without a fight. Though for once he didn?t want to see one break out, they were just cubs after all.

?You?re quite a pride then.? Belili said changing the subject. ?There are power in numbers you know.?

Katari
August 28th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Takara lay on his back, eyes closed, dead to the world by all appearances. But he was wide awake, listening as the soft noise of padded feet over grass reached his ears and moved closer...closer...almost on top of him. His body tensed, he coiled up the tension and sprang....

Katali dropped to the ground as a dark shape flew towards him. Takara landed with a 'thud' behind him. Katali whipped around to face the angry cub. "Whoa, whoa, Takara, calm down! I just want to talk with you!"

Takara stood up and looked him in the eye. "And why would I want to talk with you?" he said in a surly voice. "I suppose Jabari sent you?"

"No," Katari said with a slight smile. "No, he didn't even want me to come. But we need to talk?"

Takara lay down again, chin resting on both paws. "Fine. Talk away."

Katali remained standing, nervously trying to find the right words, tail flipping around in an agitated way that the other was certain to see. "Look, Takara, there's no reason for us to let what our parents did make us fight all the time. We should just get along, you know, and be friends."

"We should jest be fwends," Takara mimicked in a squeaky voice. "Get real, Katali -- we can't be 'friends'." He grinned, white teeth showing and eyes narrowed to be almost shut.

"No, not right now we can't -- you're way too stubborn and nasty."

"Wait a minute...." Takara stood up.

"I'm not finished: you're rude, and hateful, and selfish and arrogant, you never listen, you never let go of grudges -- you treat the others likw dirt!"

Takara's teeth showed again, this time as he snarled. He stepped right in front of Katali, almost touching him. "Yeah? Let me tell what you are: everything you said, plus you think you're so right, you never listen to anyone but yourself. And--"

"Hold it." Katali took a deep breath and closed his eyes. 'No fighting,' he reminded himself. "I know I'm not perfect, but that's why we need to work together. Think about it -- if you can get that through your thick skull, things would be a lot better."

Takara had heard enough. He growled and crouched. "You think about this!" he shouted as he sprang at Katali.

(TBC....)

Jabari
August 28th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Jabari's eyes strayed to the two cubs who were hopefully sorting things out but saw Takara jump. He quickly looked away and told himself, "I promised I wouldn't jump into it..." He let out a long sigh then looked back up trying to smile, "So...you two got separated from your pride?" He looked over at the two sisters, trying to pry his mind off the possible fight that was about to start between the two cubs.

Katari
August 29th, 2006, 03:23 AM
Katali glanced over at Jabari, but it proved a mistake as Takara plowed into him. He soon refocused his attention -- he hadn't started the fight, but he may as "knock some sense" into Takara. They tumbled across the ground, clawing, biting, snarling.

Takara flipped his opponent off and broke away. He faked a lunge, then clawed Katali across the tender nose area. Katali squealed in pain in spite of himself...but now he was mad. He grabbed Takara with both arms and forced him to the ground, then slashed at his chest.

Takara caught the blow on his arm and pushed Katali off, then drew back a few feet. They stared at one another, panting. End of Round 1.

Broken
August 29th, 2006, 11:52 PM
The cubs caught the lioness? attention as ell as Murdoc?s. ?Shouldn?t you stop them?? Belili asked, she wasn?t impressed with the male?s skills at parenting at all.

Jabari
August 30th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Jabari sighed and looked down. "I promised I'd stay out of this one and let the two of them work out their problems. I've already split up countless fights between the two. Anyway, it's not like I'm their father or anything." He shrugged his shoulders and looked back at the cubs, hoping it wouldn't escalate any further.

Katari
August 30th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Sweat ran down Katali's fur, running into his eyes and stinging them. It mingled with the thin trickle of blood from his clawed nose. That had hurt like fire.... He stared over at Takara, taking deep breaths, but relatively unhurt. This was so stupid, one part of his mind said, but the other urged him to keep going, to win. He had never lost before....

"Last chance, Takara -- just let it go and we'll call it quits." He honestly hoped the other would accept his offer, but didn't expect it.

He was right. Takara's lips curled in a sneer. "Are you kidding? I got nothing to lose." He started forward, rested.

Katali was not ready just yet. He rubbed a paw across his nose, trying to stop the blood from escaping -- it wasn't much, but the sooner it stopped the better. He took a step backward, wincing. Then Takara made his move...perfect. Katali dropped the facade of pain and jumped lightly to the side, clawing a bit of Takara's fur as he did.

Takara whirled, not expecting the trick. He lunged on Katali, intent on pummeling him, as again they struggled on the ground....

Katali bit into his adversary's leg, getting a loud cry of pain and fury in response. Takara fought like a devil then, gradually beating his defenses down; but Katali noticed that the attacks were weakening. He retreated a bit, then went on the offensive, head-butting the chest of the brown cub. He was getting tired fast....

Takara grimaced, trying to fight but knowing his leg wouldn't let him go hard much longer. Oh, how it hurt...Katali had strong teeth. He was nearly worn...this had to end soon. He faked a slash -- Katali jerked his head back -- then drove both claws into Katali's shoulder.

Katali nearly cried out again, but instead he gritted his teeth and clinched with Takara, going for a headlock. They went on, but it was becoming more and more painful. Finally, Katali collapsed, face down, hurting to bad to do anything else.

Takara raised his paws for a last blow, but his leg twisted awkwardly. He yelped and fell to the ground beside Katali, and they lay still, too exhausted and in pain to do or say anything.

(OOC: Whew! Fairly intense, but they'll both be okay now....)

Jabari
September 1st, 2006, 02:22 AM
Jabari tried not to look at the two cubs. He was disappointed that Katari had engaged in a fight with the other cub. It seemed like the two of them would always hate each other...All he could do was hope that the fighting would cease, at least for now.

Katari
September 1st, 2006, 03:00 PM
Katali rolled onto his side and stared at the other cub. Takara was looking the opposite direction from him, not moving. "Don't you see how stupid this is?" Katali said, loudly to get his attention. "Fighting all the time just ends with you getting killed someday...don't you want more than that in life?"

Takara turned his head...there were tears in his eyes! "I-I guess so...." he sniffed. Katali was stunned -- he couldn't remember Takara showing such a vulnerable side before -- he almost wanted to run over and comfort him.

"What's wrong?" he asked, struggling to rise, then trudging over.

Takara his his face. "It's just that...it doesn't matter. I mean, ever since my mom died, I...."

"Takara" -- Katali moved to meet the cub eye to eye -- "I lost my parents, too -- I've felt the exact same way. But that's no reason to hate everybody else...get it?"

"I guess, but I've been too mean for too long. I could never change myself...I don't have anyone now."

Katali rolled his eyes. "Get off it! You know we'll be there for you -- me, and Jabari, and Sahara, and -- you'll have a family again. Let's go back now." He offered a paw to pull Takara up.

Now Takara looked stunned. "I...I don't think I--"

"Don't think, just come on. They're probably worried about us!"

"I will, but...I don't think I can walk." Takara grinned sheepishly. "You bite like a crocodile."

Katali laughed, the first real laugh he'd had in days. "It's okay, I'll just have to carry you." He smiled, and worked Takara onto his back. "Here we go...." They slowly started back to join the group.

Broken
September 2nd, 2006, 07:38 PM
((OOC- I'm really sorry for the late reply guys! I've busy with work and building on my shop. But I am glade I got to slow down to post!!))

The lioness? had watched the fight carefully. Broken hid her face in Murdoc?s thick mane as he ignored the brawl, trying his best to not look like he was comforting Broken, but he knew it was probably fairly obvious as his large paw slipped over her back, stilling her trembling. He wasn?t all bad. Absynthe smiled at the two males as they made their way back ?Feeling better?? she asked in a friendly, curious tone.

Jabari
September 6th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Jabari let out a sigh of relief as the cubs returned, obviously finished with their fight. He smiled down at Katari for finally finishing it and nudged Katari's side with his paw. "I'm proud of you. Good job."

(OOC: I guess you guys are out and about so can't wait till you guys get back :P)

Jabari
September 19th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Jabari turned to the two lionesses as the cubs passed through.

"Well, we're glad to have you along. Murdoc, should we rest here for the night? Or should we continue to push on?"

Katari
September 25th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Hey guys, been a little while. Thought I should tell you that I won't be as active for a while, but I didn't want you all to start worrying.

Try to post an RP reply soon...see ya!

Katari!

Katari
September 26th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Takara grunted in response to Absynthe's question. "Yeah, I've never felt better in my life." But he smiled just a little as he slid off Katali's back and to the ground. Sahara came over and asked how he was. He sniffed. "I'll live, but he chomped my leg pretty good."

Sahara frowned. "I didn't notice. I hope you've learned a good lesson."

Katali smiled at Jabari's words. "Thanks. I guess we both needed some sense knocked into us...too bad it took so long to work it out, though." For now, though, he didn't feel like moving. He would be sore for a few days at least after that fight, but he'd live...and if Takara had really learned his lesson, it would all be worth it. On that happy note, Katali fell slowly into a dreamless sleep....

Jabari
October 1st, 2006, 07:40 PM
Jabari sat back and sighed, hoping there would be no more bickering between the two cubs. He turned to Murdoc,

"Well...I guess that's all over with. It seems like the cubs are a bit tired, though. Think we should hang here for tonight?"

Katari
October 3rd, 2006, 02:32 PM
Takara sighed and looked Sahara in the eye. "Yeah, I think I've 'learned my lesson,' the hard way." He laughed softly. "I wonder when we're gonna get going -- the hyenas are still out there somewhere."