PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin Special Edition

Sharifu
August 26th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Disney has their site up for the new Aladdin DVD, I am looking forward to it! Aladdin is a good Disney movie I think and I haven't seen it in a long time! And if has a bunch of great bonus features.
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/aladdin/index.html
Oct. 5 is the day. ;) Any body else looking forward to getting the Aladdin DVD?

King Simba
August 26th, 2004, 10:39 PM
I got the VHS so I don't know whether I'd get the DVD or not.

Sharifu
August 26th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Well I have the VHS too, I also have the VHS of TLK, but if I like the movie enough, I buy it on DVD. VHS quality is so bad, plus I want widescreen and I love watching all the bonus features. And I really enjoy watching the making of movies since I want to be an animator.

Shatara
August 26th, 2004, 10:44 PM
My sisters gonna be getting it, for two reasons.

1. One time (a loooong time ago) we borrowed it from a friend, and in the course of a day or so, memorized the whole thing o.O.

2. It has a new song. By Clay Aiken. And my sister is a Clay fangirl >.<

Sharifu
August 26th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Hmm, I wonder what the new song will be like... I guess this is like happening to all the DVDs being released in the Platinum Edition, a new song being added to each movie.

Leopatra
August 26th, 2004, 11:05 PM
I was thinking about getting the special Box Set (not the one with all 3 movies, the one like the Lion King SE Box), but I also want the german Synchro so I might get the Box Set and the german DVD :hmm:

TakaTiger
August 27th, 2004, 01:14 AM
meh, Aladdin wasnt a favorite of mine, so i prolly wont get it >>

Sadiki
August 27th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Have seen it enough times.. I guess I skip it.

2 Die FR
August 27th, 2004, 04:56 AM
I like the genie myself, Robin Williams did a great job with the voice

Ngatuny
August 27th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by 2 Die FR
I like the genie myself, Robin Williams did a great job with the voice

Yes he did, I will most likely get it too.

nathalie
August 27th, 2004, 07:37 AM
I can't wait 'till it comes out here ... On my birhtday *woehoe* :D

Got the gift box in pre-order (thanks to someone), and here will also come a thrilogy box will all 3 movies in it.

unregistered user
August 27th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I'm not a huge fan of Aladdin.

Same here! XD

nathalie
August 27th, 2004, 07:53 AM
If it wansn't for Genie, I don't think I would like the movie as much as I do now.

Ngatuny
August 27th, 2004, 08:04 AM

Well I only saw it once and because a friend kind a forced me too (on video), I wasn't a Fan of Disney movies back then. I only liked TLK and of course Jungle book but I liked that since I was a little kid.

SimbaLKD
August 27th, 2004, 08:21 AM
I liked all the Aladdin films when I was a kid, but its been a long time since I have seen them. Perhaps I will grab a copy of it when its re-released to dvd! :confused:

Sharifu
August 27th, 2004, 08:49 AM
I don't really like the sequels, but the first is very good I think. Is there a box set? What does it have with it?

SimbaLKD
August 27th, 2004, 08:52 AM
naw.. im pretty sure there isnt.. besides.. Disney would rather milk it by releasing them one-by-one untill the last one, then release a box set ... Disney mentality = thats the way it must be!! =P ;)

nathalie
August 27th, 2004, 09:22 AM
This is the gift box (but there's also a photo, that has a bleu box, so I don't know which one)

http://www.sorry.demon.nl/images/DVD%201%20Aladdin%20Gift%20Set.gif

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/protectedimage.php?image=DaveFoster/aladdin_r1giftset_large.jpg

Belgium, Holland, France (don't know about the other country's), will get a Thrilogy box.
And next year, part 2 + 3 will be released seperatly.

this is a french photo though
http://membres.lycos.fr/disneynews/hpbimg/al.jpg

Sharifu
August 27th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Wow cool, thanks for the pics Nathalie. I would like to get that Box Set, hehe.

nathalie
August 27th, 2004, 10:25 AM
I hope it's the black box. I like that one better =D

Nephilim
August 27th, 2004, 04:21 PM
I might get it. Whenever I come into money next. ;) You can reserve it at the Disney store near me for a quid. I was tempted.

Simba_TLK
August 28th, 2004, 12:47 AM

me either :bleen:

i havent watched it in a long time though :p
but it doesnt make my 'to-get' dvd list :lol:

Mabatu
August 28th, 2004, 07:22 AM
:hmm: I like Aladdin but i watched it a few months ago on VHS and i don't think i'd like to see it again, so i probably won't buy it on DVD. I think the genie is very funny though :p

And there is THREE Aladdin movies?!! I know there is a poor quality sequel 'The Return of Jafar' which i have on VHS and only watched once or twice, but i didn't know of a third one :confused:

SimbaLKD
August 28th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Most of the song in that film are fun, I think thats why I liked it so much as a kid, and I'd love to see it agian just for that! ;)

Nephilim
August 28th, 2004, 08:31 AM
And Raja. Ya can't go forgetting the tiger now. :D

SimbaLKD
August 28th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Ah yes... big cats rock!! Raja rocks!!! woot! :confused: funny I did forget about Raja! ;)

nathalie
August 28th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Mabatu
:hmm: I like Aladdin but i watched it a few months ago on VHS and i don't think i'd like to see it again, so i probably won't buy it on DVD. I think the genie is very funny though :p

And there is THREE Aladdin movies?!! I know there is a poor quality sequel 'The Return of Jafar' which i have on VHS and only watched once or twice, but i didn't know of a third one :confused:

1. Aladdin
2. The return of Jafar
3. The king of thieves (with Aladdin's father)

Simba_TLK
August 29th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Mabatu

i remembered there was a third movie, but i totally forgot about it until now :lol:

ive seen the first and second movies, but i havent seen the third one yet :p.....
i dont particularly have an urge to do so either :lol:

nafklt
August 29th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Good movie.;) Robin Williams.;) Good Actor.;) DVD?:confused: Ain't gonna get it.:hmm:

unregistered user
August 30th, 2004, 12:38 AM
I'm getting it for sure :cheese:

Mabatu
August 30th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
1. Aladdin
2. The return of Jafar
3. The king of thieves (with Aladdin's father)

Ah, thanks Nathalie! :cheese:

:hehe: i guess i could have just googled for that, huh? :lol:

From what it says on IMDB, it is better than the Return of Jafar. Too bad i never saw it :p

I might hire it on DVD someday though :D

Nephilim
August 30th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Woah, I just watched it on video in I don't know how many years. I definately want the DVD now. :D

nathalie
August 30th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Ngatuny
I only liked TLK and of course Jungle book but I liked that since I was a little kid.

Speaking of Jungle Book, some delivery mail service just stopped at my door and deliverd, the VHS limeted edition Box :D

Nephilim
September 4th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I pre-ordered the DVD today. It's a quid (?1) and you get a limited edition lithograph of Aladdin, Jasmin and Raja in a nice package. If you pay for the DVD with a Visa card you get a ?5 Disney store voucher, and when you pay for the DVD you get an inflatable Genie chiar for free. ;)

Xinithian
September 27th, 2004, 03:38 AM
I'll be going to the premier of the Aladdin DVD this thursday. I'll try to take pictures.
So, does anybody know what's so different about the DVD than the regular movie? Too bad we weren't invited to any of the TLK DVD releases...

Shawchert
September 27th, 2004, 03:54 AM
no idea..... other than features you can't get on a video, i don't really know

CheshireCat
September 27th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Info ripped from Amazon:

Available subtitles: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French, Spanish, Commentary by the filmmakers, Commentary by the animators
Commentary by the filmmakers

Commentary by the animators

Deleted Song "Proud Of Your Boy" -- One of the lost gems by Academy-Award winning songwriting team of Howard Ashman and Alan Menken

Clay Aiken Performs "Proud Of Your Boy" -- This all-new recording is accompanied by both the original storyboards and an all-new music video with footage from the recording studio

"A Whole New World" - New and Original Music Videos

"A Diamond In The Rough: The Making Of ALADDIN" - never-before-heard movie making secrets revealed by the original creative team

Deleted Scenes

Disney's Virtual DVD Ride: ALADDIN's Magic Carpet Adventure

Inside The Genie's Lamp -- Never-Before Seen 3-D Tour

The Genie World Tour -- A hilarious trip around the world with the Genie

3 Wishes Game -- Your fortune revealed

The Art of Aladdin

Alan Menken: Musical Renaissance Man

Pop-Up Fun Facts -- Watch the film in this special "trivia mode" feature to experience and share fun and interesting secrets about the film

Disney Song Selection -- Sing along to your favorite songs, including "Friend Like Me," "A Whole New World," and "Prince Ali," as the words pop up on screen

And More

nafklt
September 27th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Cool, but I still ain't buyin'...:rolleyes:

Shawchert
September 27th, 2004, 04:01 AM
lol why not buy it?

nafklt
September 27th, 2004, 04:02 AM
The trailers aren't convincing me enough...;)

Shawchert
September 27th, 2004, 04:07 AM
ahhh i see, well i wanna get all three alladins ^_^

unregistered user
September 27th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Who cares... *yawns*

nafklt
September 27th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Sonique21837?
Who cares... *yawns*

:lol:

nathalie
September 27th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
I'll be going to the premier of the Aladdin DVD this thursday. I'll try to take pictures.
So, does anybody know what's so different about the DVD than the regular movie? Too bad we weren't invited to any of the TLK DVD releases...

The new edition, will probably have also a new song in it.

lion_roog
September 27th, 2004, 08:53 AM
The new edition, will probably have also a new song in it.

They should call it the Morning Report.:cheese:

If I ruled the world...all songs would be named The Morning Report.....:D

Sharifu
September 27th, 2004, 11:22 AM
I liked Aladdin, I want to get this DVD. :cheese:

lion_roog
September 27th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
I liked Aladdin, I want to get this DVD. :cheese:

Robin Williams was great.:cheese:

nathalie
September 27th, 2004, 11:36 AM
I'm planning on getting the Gift Box.

And then maybe next year, the thrilogy box that will come out here.

Hmm, I don't really mind those new songs, like in Beauty and the Beast, I didn't like it eather, and I didn't like Morning Report.

lion_roog
September 27th, 2004, 11:41 AM

Hmm, I don't really mind those new songs, like in Beauty and the Beast, I didn't like it eather, and I didn't like Morning Report.

Maybe that's why they were edited out.:cheese:

nathalie
September 27th, 2004, 11:47 AM
yep, so I don't understand, why they put them back in

not yet everybody has DVD, and then I feel sorry for the people who buy the VHS

lion_roog
September 27th, 2004, 11:51 AM
yep, so I don't understand, why they put them back in

not yet everybody has DVD, and then I feel sorry for the people who buy the VHS

People want to see the scenes that were left out.:cheese:

And anyone who buys the VHS should get out of the freakin' fossil age.....:D

nathalie
September 27th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog

And anyone who buys the VHS should get out of the freakin' fossil age.....:D

Excuse me, but not everybody is the same !!

lion_roog
September 27th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Excuse me, but not everybody is the same !!

I know....that's why I didn't mean it as a serious comment......just me being an ***......:D

EDIT- Sorry..:alone: ..sometimes I just say stupid things. I didn't mean to hurt anyone.

nathalie
September 27th, 2004, 12:53 PM
It's ok.

I just can't really stand it, that people call others "stupid" in some kind of way, just because they don't have a DVD player yet, or other things like that.

http://www.leahalalela.com/images/smilies/alone.jpg

Broken
September 27th, 2004, 12:54 PM
I MUSSSSSST GET IT!!!!

Mabatu
September 27th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Xinithian

That's pretty cool Xinithian! Hope you can get some pics ;)

I don't think i'll be buying this DVD though. It does have lots of extras, and i do like Aladdin, but i'm not a great fan of it, really. If it comes down to $19.95 i'd probably buy it.

Nephilim
September 27th, 2004, 07:23 PM
I ordered my DVD, and got cool free stuff. :p

Broken
September 27th, 2004, 08:06 PM
a plushie!?! WOW! I never got anything when I ordered movies... I only ordered one before. Gorillaz: Celeberty Take Down. but stilll.... *Whine*

Nephilim
September 27th, 2004, 08:12 PM
I never got any of the LK plushis. Didn't get the DVDs quick enough.

King Simba
September 27th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Always seems to be the case, I got a plushie when I ordered TLK3 =) !!! Plushies :cheese: ... who could live without them =) !!!
I saw that...I got the trilogy set though before. :bleen:

lion_roog
September 27th, 2004, 10:32 PM
It's ok.

I just can't really stand it, that people call others "stupid" in some kind of way, just because they don't have a DVD player yet, or other things like that.

http://www.leahalalela.com/images/smilies/alone.jpg

Oh, I wasn't calling them stupid, I was calling them old......get out of the past. It's 2004, VCRs were big in 1990...I know because my family couldn't afford one back then....:D

Sharifu
September 27th, 2004, 11:21 PM

Yeah, I want the Gift Box. ;) I want to get DVDs of all my favorite 2-D animated films. I love getting the Gift Boxes with all the bonus features of how they made the movies. Cuz you know I want to be an animator and everything. ;)

I never saw the new song in Beauty and the Beast, I wanted to go see it when it was in the IMAX theater, but I never did. (But I did see TLK in IMAX!) :cheese: I was thinking of renting the new Beauty and the Beast DVD just to see the movie again (haven't seen it in years) and see the new song. And look at the bonus features. Yeah, the Morning Report has to be my least favorite TLK song. ;) I just like watching TLK without it playing the Morning Report.

Xinithian
September 27th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Robin Williams was great.:cheese: I hope he'll be there, but I doubt it.

Xinithian
September 27th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Always seems to be the case, I got a plushie when I ordered TLK3 =) !!! Plushies :cheese: ... who could live without them =) !!! I got a GT2 shirt when I pre-ordered Gran Turismo 2. It was awesome, it came in a paper car.

Mamela
September 28th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Timon makes a special appearance on the DVD BTW..and if you don't believe me well.. :bleen: You can just check out: http://www.animated-news.com for more. :hakuna:

Xinithian
October 1st, 2004, 10:59 PM
Hey all, I went to the Aladdin dvd release yesterday. I got a few of the DVDs for the special edition, but the afterparty wasn't that fun. Anyways, after seeing that Disney movie, I can honestly say now that TLK is like the God of all Disney movies...

Mabatu
October 2nd, 2004, 04:47 AM
Hehe, yes, TLK is definitely the 'God of Disney movies' :bleen:

I'd even say it's the best out of all movies, but i'm sure lots of people would dispute that :p

So did you get any photos? :D:cheese:

Xinithian
October 2nd, 2004, 05:29 AM
Photos? I might take a picture of the DVD soon. But as far as the premier goes, no.

Xinithian
October 2nd, 2004, 05:30 AM
OH! Does anybody know about other planned DVD releases from Disney? I want to go to the DVD premier of Nightmare Before Christmas when they release the DVD for that... that movie was awesome.

CheshireCat
October 2nd, 2004, 03:13 PM
There is already a DVD for Nightmare Before Christmas. It didn't make it to Platinum.

The next Platinum release is Bambi next October.

Xinithian
October 2nd, 2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by CheshireCat
There is already a DVD for Nightmare Before Christmas. It didn't make it to Platinum.

The next Platinum release is Bambi next October. Damn, I liked Nightmare Before Christmas too! I sure think that it would be cool to look at the behind the scenes stuff with all of they clay animating that they did. The cast interviews would've been awesome too.

CheshireCat
October 2nd, 2004, 04:06 PM
They are. Get the Special Edition version of it. 2 Disk box set.

TakaTiger
October 2nd, 2004, 10:17 PM
i gotta agree with ya, aladdin diddnt interest me much oO

tlk is the master in the Disney World ;)

Sharifu
October 10th, 2004, 09:47 PM
I bought the Aladdin Collector's DVD Gift Set yesterday. :cheese: It is a lot like TLK DVD Gift Set. Here's a pic of it:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001I561Y.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

It comes with seven Character Portrait Drawings, but mine came with nine. :evilgrin: Mine had two extra drawings. :lol: So I have two of the same pictures of Aladdin and Jasmine. :p It also came with a book, like TLK Collector's DVD Gift Set. But unlike the TLK Gift Set, the Aladdin Gift Set came with a Film Frame.

Watched it last night, in the first time in a really long time, it's such a good movie. And I watched the making of the film, that was really fun, a lot of the animators were really familiar to me. Andrea Deja was the supervising animator for Jafar, and as most of you know, Deja was the supervising animator for Scar too. (And I found out last night that he worked on Gaston on Beauty and the Beast, I didn't know that) He does great villains. :evilgrin: He likes working on the villains too. ;) There is more on the DVD I want to watch that I haven't seen yet, but my Dad is watching the TV right now. :woeisme: The Picture of the DVD is great, and I bet the 5.1 Disney Enhanced Home Theater Mix is great too... But I can't tell yet though because here at my Dad's house we don't have surround sound. My mom has a great surround sound system at her house though. And TLK's Home Theater Mix is so amazing on her system... So I bet Aladdin sounds great too. When I go to my Mom's house for Thanksgiving, I'll bring my Aladdin DVD to at least watch it once the way it was meant to be heard. ;) But it's a great DVD, I'm glad I got the Collector's DVD Gift Set. I'm really into things like that, because I am such a big fan of 2-D animation.

Sharifu
October 10th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Oh yes, I forgot to say something else about the new Aladdin DVD, about the new song, there isn't a new song that was animated and/or added to the movie. Disney took a song they deleted from the film, and made a music video for it. It isn't a new animated scene or anything.

Xinithian
October 11th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Suckers, I got one over a week ago because I went to the premier of the DVD.

Overall, I think that Aladdin was not that good of a Disney movie. It was more like an extended Disney TV cartoon, rather than a movie such as Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, and ones like those with a full storyline. Aladdin really lacked a story and character development, and it wasn't something that all ages would watch for fun.

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 02:59 AM
I disagree, I think it's one of Disney's best, and lots of people like it. It made the most money for animated film till TLK came along. I had fun watching it growing up, and it seemed like everyone I knew liked it.

Xinithian
October 11th, 2004, 03:04 AM
I disagree, I think it's one of Disney's best, and lots of people like it. It made the most money for animated film till TLK came along. I had fun watching it growing up, and it seemed like everyone I knew liked it. I just didn't think that the jokes were funny as much as they were silly. The romance in the movie didn't seem anything special, it felt really short, the story was lacking and unoriginal, the songs were mediocre, but not as good/catchy as the other Disney films, the score was nothing great... I could go on but I think I'll stop here :p

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 03:15 AM
*shrugs* Well whatever, everyone has their own opinions. I thought the songs in the movie were good/catchy. Well as I said everyone has their own opinions, I have met people who don't like TLK. =/

starlioness
October 11th, 2004, 05:01 AM
*wishes for a DVD player*..:cheese: it's good to see Al back on Video and DVD think it's been over 10 years since the movie was released :confused: .. let's see movie was in 92 , video 93 , now 04, *adds all up* mmm 11 years?. I think that's the longest for a disney movie to be re-relased on video :thinks:. of course Black Cauldron holds the record for being released in any Video/DVD format . a whopping 13 years:eww: . (not counting the Disney 1940's films) ;)

*pokes Sharifu* eee! only a little under 2 months for Gargoyles! :cool::hakuna:

hehe, Star has a Rajah plushie :love: and a VHS copy from Ebay a while ago ;)

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by starlioness
*pokes Sharifu* eee! only a little under 2 months for Gargoyles! :cool::hakuna:

EEE! Yay! I'm so glad there are Gargoyle fans here. :cheese: (But of course as we both know, we have been fans for a very long time.) ;) I'm just really excited because Disney is noticing the Gargoyles fan base because they are releasing the first season on DVD. And I hope it sells very well! Disney could bring the show back if it sells very well! *wishful thinking* At the very least I want the first and second season on DVD.

hehe, Star has a Rajah plushie :love: and a VHS copy from Ebay a while ago ;)

I have a Rajah plush too! I got it back when Aladdin first came out, for Christmas... Ahh, the good old days when I was a kid. :p

Ooh! You should get a DVD player Starlioness, they are much cheaper then they used to be.

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Is Robin Williams the voice of Genie in all three films?

I've never seen the third one...wonder if it's good.:D

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 06:41 AM
Robin Williams did the voice of the Genie in the first and thrid movie. But not the second one. Aladdin and the King of Theives (the thrid movie) is much better in my opinion then The Return of Jafar. (the second movie) The Return of Jafar I think is suppose to be the first few episodes that start off the Aladdin TV series. The King of Theives, is much better, better animation, better story, and Robin Williams comes back to do the voice of the Genie. Still, it's not as good as the original...

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 06:44 AM
I really liked the original. But I'm glad to hear Robin Williams comes back in the third one...I'll have to check it out sometime...:cheese:

unregistered user
October 11th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Aladdin rox j00 sox!

hehe, but seriously I like the original aladdin more then beauty and the beast, I got to see aladdin on teh cinema on one of my birthdays...cant remember what one though :E

starlioness
October 11th, 2004, 07:35 AM
hehe ,Rajah Plushie (I own)

http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/9b/4f/9c_1.JPG

too bad , I saw this same plush for 50 cents at a thrift store a month ago :rolleyes:. I paid $11.00 for Rajah, the Video, and an Iago beanie. yeah, I saved money :alone: but other people bid before me. *shrugs*

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 07:37 AM
That's the same plush I have! =D

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 07:42 AM
of course Black Cauldron holds the record for being released in any Video/DVD format . a whopping 13 years:eww:

Thirteen, the unlucky number. XD That's cuz Disney doesn't like that film I think. Really, it's like nobody knows about that film. I rented it years and years ago, but I don't remember much about it at all. I might rent it again, I dunno. Since I don't remember the story, then it didn't really have that big of an impact on me. But it was Disney's first animated movie that was rated PG.

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 07:42 AM
hehe ,Rajah Plushie (I own)

http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/9b/4f/9c_1.JPG

too bad , I saw this same plush for 50 cents at a thrift store a month ago :rolleyes:.

Should of bought it.....:D

starlioness
October 11th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Bronx toy I have :) :cool:

http://fastfoodtoycollectibles.com/bronxlauncher.jpg

a bit small though. I kinda miss my Tiger electronic hand-held game thingy too.. and I had a coloring book :D. ahh the memories *sigh*

Tiger Game:

http://www.evg2000.com/html/handheld.htm

starlioness
October 11th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Should of bought it.....:D

I would've , but I already had the one from Ebay ;).

eee! Sharifu and I have twin plushies! major cool :)

I didn't like Black Cauldron when I saw it. the Horned King scared the bejeezus out of me. though I have seen skulls before :thinks:.

I wish they had toys of those Dragon thingys from TBC. I think they were called Gwythiants(sp?) in the book :p..

meh, Disney people are sissys .. :grrr:

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Well...PG is a very scary thing....:D

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 08:06 AM
I thought the dragons in that movie were cool... :cheese:

unregistered user
October 11th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Aladdin is ok. I just don't like Gilbert Gottfried. :eww: XD

starlioness
October 11th, 2004, 08:20 AM
o.k works now ;)

http://www.evg2000.com/graphics/handhelds/tiggargoylesnightflight.jpg

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 08:24 AM
It's funny sometimes though. :lol: His voice really fits Iago. XD

starlioness
October 11th, 2004, 08:38 AM
I bet someone came up and told him.. did you know you sound like a Parrot? :p :lol:

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 08:50 AM
I think he sounds more like a duck....I wonder why..hmmm....:licks:

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Bronx toy I have :) :cool:

http://fastfoodtoycollectibles.com/bronxlauncher.jpg

a bit small though. I kinda miss my Tiger electronic hand-held game thingy too.. and I had a coloring book :D. ahh the memories *sigh*

I had a little Bronx figure too! It looks a little different then that one, but I think it was about 1 inch tall. I have a Gargoyle coloring book too! :p I don't have that Tiger Electronic Hand-Held game, but I do have a Gargoyles game for the Sega Geneses. :cheese:

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Is it anything like the Genesis "Lion King" game you have...;)

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 09:44 AM
I think he sounds more like a duck....I wonder why..hmmm....:licks:

Aflac! :lol:

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Is it anything like the Genesis "Lion King" game you have...;)

The Gargoyles game is a lot harder I think... XD Plus like a ton more levels.

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 09:47 AM
The Gargoyles game is a lot harder I think... XD Plus like a ton more levels.

Will you let me listen.....:D :D :D

Sharifu
October 11th, 2004, 09:52 AM
:lol: I haven't played that game in a really, really long time! XD I have two other games for the Sega Genesis too. And I am planning to get Aladdin on the Sega Genesis too. (What do ya know! It's on topic.) :p Getting it for like, two bucks... Great deal huh? ;)

lion_roog
October 11th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Two bucks....I don't know....where are you gonna find deers this time of year...:p

So it should be as much fun watching/listening to you play Aladdin and Gargoyles as it was The Lion King....:D

unregistered user
October 15th, 2004, 05:51 AM
They had an interview with Gilbert Gottfried on Toon Disney today.

OMG :eww: !!! XD

unregistered user
June 14th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Does anyone else here, like Aladdin? course, my favvy be the Genie heh. ;) :lol: Also, I have recently discovered thatthere are like...800000 other cartoon series and movies related to the Aladdin Story Line....WHAT!? I didn't know that, but...ya.So...take ye vote...and shine it in for the Genie here :evilgrin: :cheese: :D :jejeje: :secret: :cool: :vitsm:

And any info on those...mysterious and random cartoon series would be nice...I can't believe I never did hear of them :confused:

Opera Ghost
June 14th, 2005, 09:14 PM
i like The Genie best :evilgrin:

King Simba
June 14th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I still say the genie is my fave. I've always liked his character. :lol: ;)

Lucy Lioness
June 14th, 2005, 09:29 PM
My fave is Jasmine. =D My second fave is Jafar - I love a villain! :evilgrin: Then the Genie, but only with Robin Williams doing the voice, he is hilarious. :D

unregistered user
June 14th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Yes...ONLY WITH ROBIN!!!....-coughs- i think Eddie Murphy tried..-coughhesuckedcoughs- but I will ALWAYS prefer RW..

TakaTiger
June 14th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Bad guys rule :P

Lucy Lioness
June 14th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Utora
Yes...ONLY WITH ROBIN!!!....-coughs- i think Eddie Murphy tried..-coughhesuckedcoughs- but I will ALWAYS prefer RW..

Was it Eddie Murphy? I don't think so. I thought it was Dan Castanella or something. :confused:

unregistered user
June 14th, 2005, 10:13 PM
The carpet! I wouldnt wanna play pool with it though...

unregistered user
June 14th, 2005, 10:15 PM
:lol: The Carpet reminds me of R2-D2

King Simba
June 14th, 2005, 11:01 PM
The carpet's kinda funny also. :lol: ;)
And yeah, Jafar looks a lot like Scar. If a TLK parody of Aladdin was created, Scar would be Jafar. No doubt. :evilgrin:

unregistered user
June 15th, 2005, 01:11 AM
The Carpet, all the way of course =P

Alli
June 15th, 2005, 02:25 AM
I'm gonna have to go with Jafar, i mean, he's two in one. He's a villain, and he looks like Jafar...Now that's pretty good, savvy?

Sombolia
June 15th, 2005, 02:50 AM
How come there are two options for "The Genie"? xD

Simba22
June 15th, 2005, 03:08 AM
The Genie:cheese:

Nalinda
June 15th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Aladdin :cheese:

nathalie
June 15th, 2005, 01:00 PM
You do know you got "the genie" twice in there? *lol*

I voted genie. I think without him, the movie wouldn't be what it is now.

starlioness
June 15th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Rajah , because Kitties Rock! :D

nathalie
June 15th, 2005, 04:06 PM
a kittie is what I have got walking around the house, Rajah seems little bigger then that :lol: *lol*

Lucy Lioness
June 15th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Rajah , because Kitties Rock! :D

Yeah! Rajah isn't on the list. I love Rajah - I have a Rajah plushie I got from Aladdin on Ice! :D

Oh, I made this, look at the little baby Rajah! Now he is kinda small!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/lucylioness/BabyRajah.jpg

And PS Nalinda, I love your Anastasia sig and avatar! I love that movie! Sorry for being off topic.

unregistered user
June 15th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Sombolia
How come there are two options for "The Genie"? xD

Twice the vote to win, a clone, an imposter, err ummm... (?) :lol:

I choose the first Genie, hopefully it's the right pick.

:uhno: :D

starlioness
June 15th, 2005, 11:38 PM
well , big kitties then.. did you know on Ebay there some pins of Jasmine and Rajah. and Rajah is mentioned as a horse?:confused: I'm guessing it's supposed to be part of the Princesses and Ponies series.. :p:bleen:

Sombolia
June 16th, 2005, 05:06 AM
I voted the Genie, but my fave is Rajah. :P

Mizani
June 16th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Geniehttp://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b131/Mizani/d832a393.jpg

Originally posted by Utora
:lol: The Carpet reminds me of R2-D2
Boop beep booooep boup!!!
boop beep boup beee!!

Translation:
I'm not anything like a carpet!!!
How insulting!!

Sharifu
June 23rd, 2005, 08:37 AM
Ah, Aladdin is an awesome movie! I think I like all the characters, but Aladdin is my favorite. <3

Originally posted by King Simba

And yeah, Jafar looks a lot like Scar.

Well Andreas Deja was the supervising animator for both Jafar and Scar. :p (And their names rhyme too!) :lol:

nathalie
June 23rd, 2005, 08:42 AM
I also find a little resemblance in Jafar and Jeremey Irons.

Katse
June 23rd, 2005, 02:49 PM
Rajah's my favorite, but I voted for Jafar. He's got a magic snake headed stick thing. That makes him cool.

Valkiria
June 23rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Alladin. <3

Krypto
March 23rd, 2006, 06:44 PM
Before watching it throughout the late evening of yesterday, I hadn't seen this movie in forever! I had forgotten the best parts! The guy who begins telling the story, the guy who owns the bazaar, was really funny and I was thoroughly charmed by him! :cheese: Aladdin also wasn't who I remembered him being. I didn't remember that he went back on his word with Genie for a while, or that he continued to lie to the princess! :eek: The animation also looked differently from how I remember it looking. Though it was the special edition which I was watching and they probably did change some of it. The music was also awesome. I remembered it being awesome, but I didn't remember how any of it went. I'd start listing favorites, but they're all just awesome! :cheese: I also didn't remember just how talented Robin Williams is! He was all over the place and it was awesome! :cheese: :D

Why or how do you believe that the Genie became imprisoned? Does it ever say it in any of the movies? :confused: I never saw the third one, but I don't believe it did in the first two.

Sharifu
March 23rd, 2006, 11:21 PM
I merged your Aladdin thread with the older Aladdin thread Krypto.

Krypto
March 23rd, 2006, 11:38 PM
I merged your Aladdin thread with the older Aladdin thread Krypto.

Thanks! :cheese: I did a search and this didn't pop up. :cheese: Eh, now nobody's going to reply. :lol: :cheese:

Sharifu
March 24th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Not nessisarly. ;) And at least you get to read all the old posts about it... I know I just did right now. ;)

Originally posted by Krypto

Why or how do you believe that the Genie became imprisoned? Does it ever say it in any of the movies? :confused: I never saw the third one, but I don't believe it did in the first two.

He says in the movie, that that's what happens when you're a genie. They don't have a choice. (Remember when Aladdin says to him, "You're a prisoner?" Then the Genie says, "It's all part of the whole genie gig, phenomenal cosmic power! Iity bity living space..." Something like that, I'm saying this from my memory.) ;)

Krypto
March 28th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Not nessisarly. ;) And at least you get to read all the old posts about it... I know I just did right now. ;)

He says in the movie, that that's what happens when you're a genie. They don't have a choice. (Remember when Aladdin says to him, "You're a prisoner?" Then the Genie says, "It's all part of the whole genie gig, phenomenal cosmic power! Iity bity living space..." Something like that, I'm saying this from my memory.) ;)

That's a good point about getting to read the other posts! :cheese:

So you think that he is a prisoner?

Oh, I wonder if he wished to be a Genie like Jafar did. :knowdees:

Hey, I just realized that Scar rhymes with Jafar. I think that's an interesting coincidence! :cheese:

Sharifu
March 28th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Krypto
Hey, I just realized that Scar rhymes with Jafar. I think that's an interesting coincidence! :cheese:

Yeah and they look a like and had the same supervising animator. :haha:

Krypto
March 30th, 2006, 07:08 PM
No way!=D Really?! :-) That's awesome! :wow: I'll have to watch it again with that in mind! :cheese: