PDA

View Full Version : happy Easter ^^

nathalie
March 31st, 2013, 08:08 AM
I guess we're all too old to go egg hunting? hehe
Think the last time I actually did that, I was 10, lol.

My nephews will come over later today to do some hunting.
Well, 1 of them will, the youngest one stayed the night and is already here.

And, by tradition on my family, Scottish Eggs in tomato/paprika sauce with fries *nom*nom*
A day to look forward too each year :D

I don't like to eat this combo on any other day, it's just not right, lol.

Also, we had to change the hour last night, I'm so confused >.< lol

Azerane
March 31st, 2013, 11:34 AM
Our clocks change next week, it's going to be interesting, though I least I get an extra hour sleep :)

Happy Easter everyone! I actually just finished an easter pic that I put on the archive: http://fanart.lionking.org/piccomments.cgi?Azerane+HappyEaster2013Sm.jpg

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter though, not much happening here, haven't seen any family, worked today and tomorrow, no egg hunts, nothing special. Kinda weird actually.

nathalie
March 31st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Do you all have an extra day tomorrow?

Over here Easter-Monday is a holiday aswell.

KanuTGL
March 31st, 2013, 01:54 PM
Happy Easter! :D We, like we always seem to do in Sweden, celebrated yesterday, so I'm slowly emptying my Easter eggs... :lol:

We did have the traditional egg hunt though, which usually involves me and my brothers hunting for clues all over the house to find a password that leads us to where the eggs are hidden... Always much fun :p

Lweek
March 31st, 2013, 11:54 PM
I've got chocolate easter eggs with TLK characters in it! :) I've got two Simbas, two Shenzis and two Eds .. but no lioness. :( Lionesses seems to be not so attractive for Disney. :P They even removed Nala from "How to Draw The Lion King" book in second edition. :( That giant Timon made me laugh. :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48100811/Photo%2001.04.13%201%2017%2041.jpg

Leorgathar
April 1st, 2013, 03:03 AM
Happy Easter fellow Leans! :D

I didn't properly celebrate Easter today, since I was out on a trip to the forest at the mountains around here for the weekend. At least it was a very welcomed change from living in the stress of the city, a good breath of fresh air ^^ but gosh, I miss when I did egg hunting as a kid, especially one particular year when I went with my family for camping, and we had to look for eggs hidden through a forest area, it was really good then.

One tradition around here is to fill eggs with flour or confetti, then stalk someone from behind and smash it on their heads. It's so fun to do it as much as to have it done to you :lol: I miss those times.

King Simba
April 1st, 2013, 07:08 AM
^That sounds like fun. :lol:

We used to do bunny runs when I was at school. Those were much fun... growing up is boring. :(

I didn't do much yesterday, so I can't really say I did anything for Easter in particular. I didn't have any Easter eggs to eat either, because I ate it like the week before... oops. :p But I hope you all had a good Easter. :)

Do you all have an extra day tomorrow?

Over here Easter-Monday is a holiday aswell.
Same here, but I'm working. :woe:

cleargreenwater
April 1st, 2013, 10:44 PM
We did have the traditional egg hunt though, which usually involves me and my brothers hunting for clues all over the house to find a password that leads us to where the eggs are hidden...

That's what we used to do in my family, plastic eggs with clues to where to find the baskets. Didn't always do that, but after we got our family dog the first year we had her my mom did it the old way with a candy trail and our yard was very decorative for a while with.....uh...."reconstituted" shiny pastel tinfoil :lol:

I've got chocolate easter eggs with TLK characters in it! :) I've got two Simbas, two Shenzis and two Eds .. but no lioness. :( Lionesses seems to be not so attractive for Disney. :P They even removed Nala from "How to Draw The Lion King" book in second edition. :( That giant Timon made me laugh. :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48100811/Photo%2001.04.13%201%2017%2041.jpg

Yikes, Timon looks like he's going to pound Pumbaa into the ground D:

but gosh, I miss when I did egg hunting as a kid, especially one particular year when I went with my family for camping, and we had to look for eggs hidden through a forest area, it was really good then.

That is the most fun sounding egg hunt on ever. And the flour/confetti thing is just evil, yet also awesome XD

As for me, I spent the day feeling very awkward because the host's brother and sister-in-law are on the rocks as a couple, but the host didn't tell anyone this til after they left so my mother and I had no idea what the tense silence we walked into was all about. It was unnerving and uncomfortable after a while, lol.

Kasei
April 2nd, 2013, 03:49 AM
Happy (belated) Easter everyone! I didn't do a whole lot this year, mostly just went to church then relaxed and enjoyed the day. Fun to hear about everyone else's celebrations though! :3

Leor: My roomate and good friend from college was raised by a Hispanic mother and she introduced me to the joy that is confetti eggs....we saved eggshells all year so we could make them, they were such fun and soooo messy. Learned our lesson to never do them indoors again after we spent months uncovering confetti from our carpets and couches one year. xD

Leorgathar
April 2nd, 2013, 04:08 AM
Nice to see someone here who also knows the awesomeness of confetti eggs :D We used to have school festivals where you could go armed with your eggs and join the confetti egg war. You could buy already made confetti eggs there too. I liked to throw them to ceiling fans :lol:

Sombolia
April 2nd, 2013, 05:43 AM
Happy Easter everyone! :) The holiday doesn't have any real significance to me, but it's nice. I got a cute bunny plushie from my parents and I had dinner with them and my aunt. Didn't really have candy or eggs or anything, but I got some nice Easter cookies at a steep discount today :p

It's weird, I'm normally not a huge fan of spring but I'm having a really nice one. Hope you guys are too ^^