PDA

View Full Version : Buffy's Here!

Buffy
March 23rd, 2013, 05:49 PM
Relax, you don't have a vampire problem. I'm not here to slay any vampires, so it's all good.

Anyway, HI! I'm Buffy! Well... actually I'm Linda. Buffy is my dog, but he's also been my username for so long that I'm pretty sure I'll be using it for a long, long time. At the moment I can't even think of a better username, so that works.

So yeah, hi! Well, let's see... What can I say about myself, hmm? Um, well... I'm a girl. I'm 18 at the moment, but turning 19 on May 1st (yay). I am a huge fan of The Lion King. While I love other Disney movies, I've always loved The Lion King the most and I always will. This movie is special to me and I don't see me leaving the fandom anytime soon... or anytime at all, really.

Some of you may know me from some other TLK forums and websites. I have joined many of them in my life. The Lion King is not my only fandom though. I am a part of many like... Harry Potter, Disney, Castle, etc. and most recently; Les Miserables. I'm so in love with this movie/musical and I really want to read the book. Oh! Yes, I've also recently become a bookworm. I find books are just so delightful and wonderful and ahhh! Perfect!

So yes, I read. I also do a bit of writing, mostly fanfiction. And I watch a lot of TV... probably, no definitely, more TV than what is good for me. Oh well...

Aaaaand now I'm rambling, so let's just end this. So what have we learned? I'm a TLK fan (obviously), I like books, I'm born in May, and yes, I'm a Taurus. I have a dog named Buffy and I love him very much, aaaand yeah.... Oh! I also really love tea. And Chinese food is heaven on a plate in my opinion. Okay, I'm done. This introduction is O.V.E.R.

-Buffy xoxoxo

nathalie
March 23rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
Welcome to Lea Linda! :D

Buffy
March 23rd, 2013, 07:34 PM
Heya Nathalie! Thanks so much! I'm happy to be here! :D

Leorgathar
March 23rd, 2013, 08:42 PM
Welcome aboard :) You'll fit very well in here. Feel free to look around ^^

King Simba
March 23rd, 2013, 08:50 PM
Hey there! Welcome to Lea! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. :)

Buffy
March 23rd, 2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks Leorgathar! I have a feeling I will fit in here. This forum seems awesome!

Heiioo King Simba! Thanks very much! I must say, from the little amount of time I've spent here, I am enjoying it. ^.^

cleargreenwater
March 23rd, 2013, 11:30 PM
Aww, Buffy is your boy dog's name? XD Anyway, Welcome to Lea!

And ahhh, Les Mis. I usually really encourage people to read the classics, but the gods honest truth is, (and I'm sure the ghosts of Literature professors past are going to strike me down in a bolt of lightening for saying it,) this is like the one book on earth I actually advocate finding and reading the ABRIDGED version of. I'm a sick sort of person that *likes* reading old-time books, I can deal with the pacing and the language and the different sensibilities.....usually. In Les Mis though, it just DRAGS. There are 16 chapters--no seriously! Sixteen!--about the entire history of the Paris sewers. If you do read it, do yourself a favor and get the short version. This from someone who didn't mind "Moby Dick" & enjoyed it. Les Mis just does itself no favors.

Kasei
March 24th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Haha, nice intro, you seem very chipper. :) Hope you enjoy your stay!

Simbaspirit
March 24th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Welcome to Lea :D :)

HasiraKali
March 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Welcome to Lea! :D

Aww, Buffy is your boy dog's name? XD Anyway, Welcome to Lea!

And ahhh, Les Mis. I usually really encourage people to read the classics, but the gods honest truth is, (and I'm sure the ghosts of Literature professors past are going to strike me down in a bolt of lightening for saying it,) this is like the one book on earth I actually advocate finding and reading the ABRIDGED version of. I'm a sick sort of person that *likes* reading old-time books, I can deal with the pacing and the language and the different sensibilities.....usually. In Les Mis though, it just DRAGS. There are 16 chapters--no seriously! Sixteen!--about the entire history of the Paris sewers. If you do read it, do yourself a favor and get the short version. This from someone who didn't mind "Moby Dick" & enjoyed it. Les Mis just does itself no favors.

O.M.G. THIS! I was literally just talking to someone about this. Les Mis... I just couldn't. I tried so hard to read it, but I failed because it was just so boring in some parts (like that 16 chapters...). I just couldn't do it. I read the abridged version and that was much much better. :lol:

shadowland
March 24th, 2013, 06:19 AM
hi there

Azerane
March 24th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I have loved Les Mis ever since I first saw it performed about 10 years ago. It is a wonderful musical. Haven't read the book myself either, never been really motivated too, and now going off of other's responses, I have even less inclination too :lol:

Also, my best friend in high school also had a dog called Buffy, not named after the vampire slayer... it came about because she wanted to name her Biscuit, and someone else in her family wanted to name her Muffy (why I don't know), so she became Buffy :p

Also, hi and welcome to Lea :D

Sombolia
March 26th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Hey, welcome to the forum! :) I'm also a tea-loving Taurus :p

Guntur
March 26th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Welcome welcome.

I'm that crazy guy that people talk about. But, I'm a nice guy. :cheese:

Lweek
April 7th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Hello Buffy and welcome! :)