PDA

View Full Version : Care Bears

nathalie
March 16th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Don't you just love those? :cheese:

I remember when I was a kid, they would show the English versions on TV.
With this professor, and his silly fat helper, haha.

I also remember 2 movies.
1 at a fun fair, and 1 with a boy.

And I had loads of plushies of them when I was a kid, but my mom gave them all away as we got older.

lionloversam
March 16th, 2006, 04:04 PM
My sisters use to really like that show when I was young.

By the way, cool avatar Nathalie. Did you draw that. :cool:

nathalie
March 16th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by lionloversam

*points at the lines underneath my banner and re-directs you to the "post your art thread"* :bleen: haha

Nephilim
March 16th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Aww, I used to collect those when I was little, but I think they all got thrown out. :(

Sharifu
March 16th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by lionloversam
My sisters use to really like that show when I was young.

Yeah actually I drew that for my Disneyland Paris banner. ;)

I think the Care Bears are scary... :lol: Just kidding, I never really watched the Care Bears, but I think they're just too kiddy! Even when I was little I never really watched it. At least I don't think I did. :confused:

unregistered user
March 16th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I haven't seen the Care Bears in ages. Not a big fan in directly. However, their cousins were more of an appeal to me. Like Brave Heart Lion, Bright Heart Raccoon, and Swift Heart Rabbit. Other than that, Care Bears Movie II was the only other I can account for that I really like.

But before I leaf this thread...

Care Bear Stare! :D

:lol: :p

Dare
March 17th, 2006, 04:36 AM
As corny as they were/are, I gotta admit that I loved the Care Bears...I despise these new evil clones they've made of them though *stabbity stab stab*

...there's just something about seeing rainbowy bears running around shooting things with their tummies...

nathalie
March 17th, 2006, 09:55 AM
You mean those 3-D ones they made?

Man are they uuuuuuuuuugly :lol:

Dare
March 18th, 2006, 06:17 PM
The new ones are 3-D? That's news to me...I haven't seen the shows or anything, I've just seen the merchandise.

I don't like how they changed Harmony Bear and Share Bear's symbols. I also don't like how they changed Secret Bear, Champ Bear, Harmony Bear, and True-Heart Bear's colors.
They've also apparently killed off Birthday Bear.
*grumbles*

Do the Bears even have any real enemies these days? Used to be that they had REAL enemies and REAL problems...these days it's a crisis if one of them loses a candybar or something.

What can I say?...I'm a purist. Eh, I just don't like them messing around with what was already established.
The new bears aren't that bad though...I like Daydream Bear. ^__^

Ok, shutting up now before I go on a tangent about the evil cloning of Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Ponies...

nathalie
March 18th, 2006, 06:42 PM
*lol* Ok, so you weren't talking about the 3-D ones.

And yeah, I don't get it eather why they change things after a few years.
It's like the newest Asterix albums, God knows why they changed some Dutch names.

Dyani
April 15th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I LOVE THE CARE BEARS!!!!!!!! I used to watch every single episode when I was young.. I even think I have an old cassette of them lying around..

la_reina
April 15th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Choking...can't...breath...:cringe:

No, I never liked the Care Bears. Even when I was younger I thought they were too cheesy. But my youngest sis loves the dolls. She has two of them....unfortunately.

Sombolia
April 15th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I live in a magical sky castle. The Care Bears are my neighbors. Grumpy Bear has a baditude but I still heart him.

Or the real answer is I know nothing about Care Bears.

Kiara
April 15th, 2006, 10:34 PM
I know nothing about them, but I have this orange lion...
*points* ---> http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/Rum/New%20Room%202006/?action=view&current=Bild044.jpg

See, up there in the left corner (the lamp), who's flying in the basket?? If not a barely half visible care bear lion xD

*edit* I like found a better one here.... http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/Rum/New%20refurnitured%20room%20from%20April%202006/Mirror1new.jpg In the mirror ^^

One_with_Nala
April 24th, 2006, 10:09 PM
;o *huggles care bears* Logie needs some love ^^.
But I heard a rumour that one voice actor plays most of the care bears? Can't remember where I heard that..may be wrong. :/

nathalie
November 23rd, 2006, 05:03 PM
You may hit me on the head, but I just could not resist ... :cheese:

I've recently been back into the whole Care Bear thing, haha

Aren't they adorable? :D

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/troetelbeertjes/care-bears_004.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/troetelbeertjes/care-bears_008.jpg

I also thought I saw every Care Bear episode and movie, but I discovered a movie I hadn't seen before while browsing through YouTube "The Care Bears in Wonderland".
Very similar to Alice in Wonderland, but still fun to watch ^_^ hehe

Stormfury
November 24th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
You may hit me on the head, but I just could not resist ... :cheese:

I've recently been back into the whole Care Bear thing, haha

Aren't they adorable? :D

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/mytlkcollection/troetelbeertjes/care-bears_004.jpg

Let me guess... you're the one on the left, right? :p :D :cheese:

nathalie
November 24th, 2006, 01:21 PM
No, I'm actually the female version of Grumpy Bear :p

Snuffles
November 24th, 2006, 02:16 PM
I have never seen them, just heard of them wondering what all the fuss is about.

Kalahari
December 16th, 2006, 05:38 AM
I used to watch the TV show and movies and play with the figuries (which got thrown away with my Little Ponies:emo:) I wasn't really to found of the whole idea of the "Care" Bares. Which makes me wonder why I liked them so much. Which I guess explains why "Grumpy Bear" was my favorite. I kinda wish they would have made a "Punk Bear".

Shadow
December 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM
iv akshely never liked the care bare series >.0 our as there named in swedish " hug bares"

how ever i did like the movie they made with Alince in Wunderland and i mean lots but the series are just "bl? >.0"

some bares i really liked and still do would be Gummi bears x3 " i know am silly xP"

Dare
January 10th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Ya know, it never really dawned on me just how demented those bears looked. Now, they strike me as being kind of creepy.

"Grraahr! Wicked, we will hug you in your sleep! Bwahaha!"

*shudder shudder*

Stormfury
January 10th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Well... yeah.. you could use one of them as a pillow.

Dare
January 10th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I betcha they taste like cotton candy.

:evilgrin:

Daniel
January 10th, 2007, 11:52 PM
the pink one on the left looks like he's (or she's... in fact, just it's) fallen over, stoned out of it's head...