PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King The Lion King Making Of Laserdisc Ver

ThiagoPE
March 15th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Well, if you have the Laser disc and the laserdisc to see it (im joking with you Talli) this thread doesnot interest for you....

However, how the majority of people can?t play laserdiscs, i bring to here the downloadable version (In xvid) of the making of The Lion King that are in the laser disc.

FILE HAS BEEN DELETED FROM MY SERVER
Total runing time: 26'51" - 175 Mb

Is worth watching it

lolopimp
March 15th, 2006, 01:44 AM
OMG!!!! Thanks a bunch!!!! I've been waiting to see this, the only reason I'd ever get my hands on a laserdisc. Good looks with the vid man. How did you get this LD in your computer? It would cool if you could add more video features from it.

Talli
March 15th, 2006, 03:39 AM
yea well I own both of the Laser discs editions I just don't have a Laserdisc player. and hehe and I know your joking Thango.

HasiraKali
March 15th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Laserdisc players are hard to find. I ended up getting mine from my dentist. :lol: Oh and if you watch closely in one of the segments, when they're talking about how the stampede was made, you can see a model sketch for the humpback whales in Fantasia 2000. ;)

nathalie
March 15th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Is that the making of presented by Robert Gauillome?

Or do you also mean all those other extra's which are on the 2nd disc?
('cause I'd love to have those too, haha)

Eather way, awesome that you wanna this Thiago :cheese:

Sharifu
March 15th, 2006, 05:01 AM
I have the Making of TLK on VHS that I bought off ebay. I think it's the same thing as on the laserdisc.

I have the Deluxe Laserdisc Edition Box Set which I got on ebay for a great price. (It came with everything) And I still want and need to get a laserdisc player. But they seem so expensive.

nathalie
March 15th, 2006, 05:23 AM
I got that deluxe box from ebay too, for 14 $ if I'm not mistaken, haha

I have 2 Making off's.
1 from the VHS box, and 1 from TV (different).

But the extra's on those laserdiscs aren't the same as on the DVD are they?

(by the way, cool banner Sharifu :cheese: )

Sharifu
March 15th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
But the extra's on those laserdiscs aren't the same as on the DVD are they?

I believe they're different... Lots of people said so. That's the main reason why I got the laserdisc set. ;)

(by the way, cool banner Sharifu :cheese: )

Thanks! Glad you like it!

nathalie
March 15th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Hehe, so I'll be making the request again: anymone might be able to record all those extra's from the laserdisc? *cheese*

This Land
March 15th, 2006, 07:58 AM
this is brillaint thig :D

thankyou sooo much :hugs:

ThiagoPE
March 15th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Is that the making of presented by Robert Gauillome?

Yes, it is

I also have the other extras, but, i will post them soon, i can?t do it right now

nathalie
March 15th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Cool, you the man :cheese:

ThiagoPE
March 15th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks Nathalie

Im still uploading the file, but how my internet since yesterday are too slow i think the file will have a little delay

This Land
March 15th, 2006, 10:29 AM
well i managed to download the intro so far :D
Even that is awsome, cant wait till tomorrow :D

Timon
March 15th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Whats a laserdisc?

nathalie
March 15th, 2006, 06:06 PM
A laserdisc is the size like an LP, and you can compare it with a DVD but then larger.
And you need a laserdisc player for it.

Vidan
March 15th, 2006, 08:01 PM
I remember kcnmttcnn (and his indecipherable name too! :evilgrin:) did the same thing with the laserdisc content a few years ago, but that site has long since disappeared.

Shouldn't this be in Everything The Light Touches?

nathalie
March 15th, 2006, 09:33 PM
o_O I didn't even noticed that Vidan ...

*thread moved to Everything the light touches*

lolopimp
March 16th, 2006, 01:42 AM
Sorry for the newbie question, but how do you download the file. Does it just become available and I just click on the "making of" and it automatically start, or do I have to do something else?

ThiagoPE
March 16th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by lolopimp
Sorry for the newbie question, but how do you download the file. Does it just become available and I just click on the "making of" and it automatically start, or do I have to do something else?

Finally the file is on, before this replly it was off, so you could not donload it

Anyway for download it, click in the link on the frist post,m then you will se a page with a file thelionking making of xvid, then you should do a right click in it then save as, save it in some place in you hdd, after the download you can watch it, if it only play the sound of it, you should get the xvid codec in some download site.

This Land
March 16th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Once again, biggest Thanks Thiago, Im downloading it now, Gotta say ur server is pretty impressive, 131kb transfer rate for me :D

nathalie
March 16th, 2006, 09:54 AM
*goes out to buy CD-R's and makes a VCD of it* :lol:

I found those Making off's more interesting then those icky extra's on the DVD's, haha *lol*

imported_Rafiki
March 16th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Thanks so much, Thiago! I'm downloading it right now! :cheese:

This Land
March 16th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Ive watched it and its awsome :D

Bahati
March 16th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Wonderful video. Thanks for uploading it, Thiago!

ThiagoPE
March 17th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Im happy because you all enjoyed it.

More can come soon.

imported_Rafiki
March 18th, 2006, 08:38 AM
I've seen the making of now and it's really great! They should have put it on the SE DVD! Thanks again, Thiago! :)

nathalie
May 13th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Hey Thiago, did you mange to get some other things from the laserdisc yet? *blush*

ThiagoPE
May 13th, 2006, 10:10 AM
no not yet because i spent some time without computer.
i will try do it soon

nathalie
May 13th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Oh yeah, it broke down a while ago, didn't it?

ThiagoPE
May 13th, 2006, 10:56 AM
oh year, i spent almost entire april only acessing from the work or my bro?s computer with my hard disc :P

Zephyr Nexus
May 15th, 2006, 04:15 AM
It's been a while since the initial post, I know, but now it seems that the link is broken. I was happy :cheese: , I was about to get access to the "Making Of" feature that everyone says is so much better than the stuff on the SE DVD (which is not hard).

Unfortunately:gasp:, I only got a 404 error when I went there.

Could someone else who has the file be kind enough to post it somewhere again?

It would be very much appreciated.

ThiagoPE
May 15th, 2006, 10:01 AM
geez its hhappened because the directore http://oreileao.thpe.net belongs to a friend that have an lion king site, and he was organizating the site and acidentally deleted the file.

Anyway, i don?t have anymore the xvid version of the file, if someone have it please upload it again at thpe.net (ask me the password to acess it)

nathalie
May 24th, 2006, 11:47 AM
If you can give me the password and all that, I can upload it.
I still have it on my PC.

I tried to upload it on bigupload, which usually goes well for me, and after 2 hours of uploading now, the download link didn't appear, so something must have went wrong :grrr:

ThiagoPE
May 24th, 2006, 01:39 PM
ok, ive sent the dat to your private message box

nathalie
May 24th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I keep getting errors :s

But I know some other upload sites, I'm giving it another try on another site.

ThiagoPE
May 24th, 2006, 02:36 PM
the problem in my server was found and fixed, you may try upload there again

if you need there are a explanation video there

nathalie
May 24th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Just PMed you, hehe.

It still didn't work, I didn't saw that file you mentioned in there, and then I thought I'd drag the video file in there, but that didn't work eather.

But I'm using another host now, it should upload like it should on there.

Zephyr Nexus
May 25th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Thank you so much Nathalie for all your work, and I'm sorry that it has been such a hassle.

How did that last host you were talking about work? Did it finally upload, and if so, where can I get it?

:kovusmile

Thanks again, Zeph

nathalie
May 25th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Nope it didn't :grrr:

I use those hosts all the time, and now for some reason they won't work.

I'm gonna give it one last shot.

ThiagoPE
May 25th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Nathalie, there is no way for you send the file to me in msn?
Or you download a ftp program? so you could upload it again to my server;

nathalie
May 25th, 2006, 10:46 AM
You talked about reboot stuff, and I don't know what that means, haha.

But I don't have time to be on msn now, so I'm just leaving the PC on and uploading it.

If I go on msn, doesn't matter if I put it in busy, everyone trys to talk to me :s
(like they miss me :eek: haha *lol*)

lolopimp
May 28th, 2006, 11:30 AM
It seemed many of you were having a tough time uploading this file on the internet so I decided to take the easy way. I converted the file to the H.264 format (Quicktime, so you WILL be required to have version 7.0 and up. The file is now at around 65MB and uploaded here:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=9DE56C6979B50DEE
Enjoy!

nathalie
May 28th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Euhm, uploading it to one of those hosts I always use, for files even much bigger then that video, was always the easy way for me ^_^

Those stupid sites, just desided to ditch me for a change, and they never gave me the download link you were supposed to get when the upload was done :grrr:

And then I didn't had time anymore, 'cause my sister is here.

Zephyr Nexus
May 28th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks Lolopimp,

(And of course thanks to Nathalie, for all your work)

I am finally downloading the "Making Of..." feature; the site is performing very well, at speeds of 282 KB/sec.

I should finally get to see it now.

(And we still have no idea why they didn't put on the SE DVD.)

Thanks again to all, Zeph

nathalie
May 28th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr Nexus
(And we still have no idea why they didn't put on the SE DVD.)

Maybe that makes the laserdisc slightly more special, even after all those years it was first released.

nathalie
July 13th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, hehe, but Thiago, did you managed yet to get the laserdisc extra's on PC ? *double blush*

ThiagoPE
July 13th, 2006, 07:58 PM
hehehe i was watching them yesterday here , but ok ok, i will try grab them from the disc tomorow

Im just with a little problem here, my com?puter keeps crashing after a few time and how these videos take hours to be encoded, it crash in the middle of the video encoding, then i need restart everything from begining, but i will try tomorow, hope everything go alright

ThiagoPE
July 15th, 2006, 12:14 PM
sorrt for the duble post:

I could not extract the videos because my computer still are in the ICU*...

http://files.thpe.net/Thiago/computerdrama1.jpg

When it go out of ICU i will record these videos for you.

*Intensive Care Unit

nathalie
July 15th, 2006, 12:25 PM
That doesn't look all too "healthy" hehe, take all the time you need.

I was just curious about it *blush*