PDA

View Full Version : I just had the BEST 10 minutes EVER !!!

nathalie
March 13th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I just had a video chat with Kwesi Jeffers!!!

He plays Mufasa in the UK touring company.
I think Sarah and Tara/Emilio have seen him!

(listed as ensemble though)
http://thelionking.co.uk/team_tab_touring_company

Someone I know is a real Disney nut, she knows like, everyone who works there, she goes to all the parks multiple times a year, I don't know how she does it, lol.

She is friends with Kwesi, and she told him about me, that I'm a huge fan and such, and if he could have a little chat with me, to cheer me up as I'm going through some rough times.

So, she tells me this on a forum, and is like: Nathalie, gimme your skype, the guy who plays Mufasa in London wants to talk to you, I know him.

I'm like: whut ?? o_O I don't have skype :p

She's like: turn on FB, he'll add you ...
I'm thinking: sure :p

He did o_O
So I accept, and I just say "hi" to him through the chat, saying I'm the girl Nele apperently is talking about.
Then he requests a video chat o_O

Oh my God!!
He was in his make-up, had a show in less then an hour.
It was so cool and so sweet of both of them to do this for me!

He told me that she said I was having a hard time right now, and I shouldn't worry, and I shouldn't stress about anything, that it's not worth it.
I told him I have anxiety and panic disorder, and my anxiety is going through the roof right now!!!
I was, just a tad hysterical, haha!

I was shivering and shaking, and smiling from one ear to the other, haha!
He must have thought I was a nutcase :p

He was sooo sweet.
Told me I should come see the show, but since he's touring company I told him the easiest one to see for me is London, so that's a shame though :(

I told him if it wasn't for Lion King I would have never come this far and be where I am now.
He said that really touches him hearing that, because he does the show almost every night, and none of the actors really know how the show / movie effects peoples live's.
I almost cried in front of him! haha

Took me 20 minutes to really calm down, I'm still shaking a little, feeling sick to my stomach, that's the price I had to pay for clicking "accept video chat" haha, I was so scared, lol!

So cool :D

This Land
March 13th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Awwwww 8D

Thats so friggin awsome !

So nice of him to do that for you and for your friend to organise it

Your so lucky xD I envy you :P

nathalie
March 13th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks, yeah, it was super sweet!

And I'm like WOW YOU GOT ALL THE MAKE UP ON AND STUFF !!! haha flipping out

KanuTGL
March 13th, 2013, 08:00 PM
That's so cool! :wow: So awesome of him and your friend =D

And if he's in the touring company chances are me and Adam will get to see him in July then! Wheee :D

nathalie
March 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah, he's in the touring company.
But I'm confused now as to wether he is the main Mufasa actor, as he is listed as ensemble on the website.

I made a screenshot, and when I wented to paste it into Paint, it didn't work :tears:
Somewhere during the coversation, I was thinking to myself: I need to take a screencap! haha

Though, I'm sure I'll remember this for quite some time ^^

ThiagoPE
March 14th, 2013, 12:50 AM
thatīs so nice! and very kind from his part to answer you. hope this made your day happier.

Azerane
March 14th, 2013, 03:40 AM
That is awesome :D lucky, lucky you!

Sombolia
March 14th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Wow, that is so cool! How nice of him! :D

Leorgathar
March 14th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Whoa!! how awesome is that! :wow: That's a wonderful surprise from your friend ^^
I think I might still have the repertoire leaflet from the touring show in Manchester, I'll look for it and see if his name is there :p

HasiraKali
March 14th, 2013, 04:31 AM
I am so so jealous :lol: But I'm happy you got to talk to him. Andre Jackson told me that he loves hearing how the show touches people so I'm sure it meant as much to him to get to talk to you as it did to you. :hugs:

King Simba
March 14th, 2013, 08:46 AM
That is so awesome beyond words. I'm really jealous too. :lol: But that was really awesome and nice of your friend and him. :)

As for whether we saw him in Manchester or not, I'd have to see a picture of him to be able to really tell if we saw him or not, and even then that could be hard... xP

nathalie
March 14th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks guys! It really was so amazing!
Unfortunetly, because I was winding up about it, even before he requested the video, after it all ended, my anxiety kicked my own but, and I did had to take medication to get to sleep, lol.

Even though I didn't knew who he was, haha, he's one of the cast, you know! Lol, he's THE cast, haha!

Tara, there's a picture of him on the official site http://thelionking.co.uk/team_tab_touring_company
But yeah, they usually look so much more different with the mask on.

He was talking about today, about 200 deaf kids were coming to the show, and how a show can even effect someone who can't hear, but they do see the facial expressions on the actors and such.
That's when I told him how much TLK has ment for me in my life, and I almost started to cry, haha.

I'm so weird :p

Kasei
March 15th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Man, that is so fantastic! You should message him and let him know that you are the envy of all your friends now. xD

Sombolia
March 15th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Aw, you're not weird. I think most people on this forum can say TLK has had a huge impact on them :)

KanuTGL
March 15th, 2013, 10:54 AM
^ Ditto to both of you :p

TLK has had a stupidly big impact on my life, haha, so you are far from weird, Nathalie :lol:

shadowland
March 19th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Holy crab o.o tell him from me he has the most badass voice lol