PDA

View Full Version : Lady and the Tramp

Alibongo
March 3rd, 2006, 08:41 PM
I recently got the boxset of Lady and the Tramp 1 & 2

What do you all think about the film?

Mina
March 3rd, 2006, 09:26 PM
I love it! Yet it also makes me sad because back in Dec. of last year I recently lost my Cocker Spaniel. :( She was 13 years old, blind (for many years, not born blind) and found her way around the house perfectly, and she was all brown, and meh I miss her. =( Her name was Beauty. Only thing was, I was in another state when they put her to sleep, so I never got to say bye.

Anyway, sorry for being off-topic, but the movie reminds me too much of her.

Alibongo
March 3rd, 2006, 09:30 PM
Awwwwwww.

It is quite a sad but good film.

Katse
March 3rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
Sorry about your dog, Mina. I know how it feels.

Anyway, Lady and the Tramp. Now, that's a really good movie. I find Tramp to be irresistably lovable. I'd like to get the new special edition, but I already have it on DVD (way back when DVDs first came out) and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it.

Ashara
March 3rd, 2006, 10:49 PM
It's a pretty good movie for an older one :Ooo:. The second one wasn't that bad....

Alibongo
March 3rd, 2006, 11:16 PM
The first one was definatly the best of the two.

Ashara
March 3rd, 2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Alibongo
The first one was definatly the best of the two.

Agreed.:cheese:

Scout The Playful Cub
March 4th, 2006, 03:50 AM
I loved the first one. But I liked Lady and the Tramp 2. When I saw a preview for LATT 2 Special edition DVD that's coming out in the fall I knew I had too get it.

TakaTiger
March 4th, 2006, 03:52 AM
I recently got the boxset of Lady and the Tramp 1 & 2

What do you all think about the film?

there was a 2nd one? :confused:

Eisner!!! yooouu bastard! :die:

Sombolia
March 4th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by TakaTiger
there was a 2nd one? :confused:

Eisner!!! yooouu bastard! :die:

Yesss, and it wasn't actually that bad.

Black_raven
March 4th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I love L&tT although we allready have it on dvd not sure about getting special edition because I'm broke anyway :P
The 2nd one I also have isn't too bad, Scamp is adorable :D

Alibongo
March 5th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Yesss, and it wasn't actually that bad.

Your avatar is wicked!!

:cheese:

Noodle
March 5th, 2006, 04:20 PM
:D I personally love this film,i also liked the sequel.I still have to get the special edition,but i'm excited for the sequel's release.But all in all i found it to be a great movie,Tramp had to be my favorite.

Kiara Serengeti
March 6th, 2006, 09:35 PM
I love the original. It's my favorite (animated) Disney dog movie, even though there aren't that many animated dog movies from Disney. I can only think of L&tT, 101 Dalmations, and Oliver and Company... :confused: Anyway, I just love the original. Lady's my fave character, and I LOOOVE the Siamese cats! There's not much depth or plot to the movie, IMO, compared to that in films like TLK or BAMBI, but it's an excellent movie. L&tT 2 wasn't bad for a Disney sequel. Angel rocks! :)

Scout The Playful Cub
March 8th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
I love the original. It's my favorite (animated) Disney dog movie, even though there aren't that many animated dog movies from Disney. I can only think of L&tT, 101 Dalmations, and Oliver and Company... :confused: Anyway, I just love the original. Lady's my fave character, and I LOOOVE the Siamese cats! There's not much depth or plot to the movie, IMO, compared to that in films like TLK or BAMBI, but it's an excellent movie. L&tT 2 wasn't bad for a Disney sequel. Angel rocks! :)

Oh, yeah Angel was one of the two coolest characters in that movie. My first character in that movie that was cool was Buster.

Crystal
March 11th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I love this movie :),and Angel does rock !

Sombolia
March 12th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Your avatar is wicked!!

:cheese:

Wha, my current one? Why thank you, you have excellent taste.... :cheese:

Even though I didn't make it.

ThiagoPE
March 15th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Lady and the tramp was the frist disney movie i watchedand i can say it is not just a movie to have fun in watching it, by the contrary, is a movie that has predomantily "adult subjects" some very polemics like racism and discrimination, what could make for some people thing the movie is boring and not atractive, but for people that apreciate good arts, could saw the very emotive message the authors of it wanted to pass to us, what makes the lady and the tramp one of my favorites disney movie.

the second version of the movie,m even having a very funny envoiriment, lacks using a very "wxpected" history and all the emotive load of the frist movie is changed to a little of pity you have of the main character (scamp), anyway, is a nice movie to watch.

Thats my opinion forr both movies

nathalie
April 9th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I hadn't seen this movie since I was 7 or 8, but last night Thiago showed it to me, hehe

Puppies were cute :bleen:

Thought it was a pretty sad story, baby comes, dog goes (with that nanny and all) and those odd cats *lol*

Overall, a good movie ^_^

Nephilim
April 9th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I don't remember much of the film, but I wasn't overly impressed.

Although there is a statue of them two in Kingdom Hearts. :jejeje:

Hakuna Matata
November 28th, 2007, 11:00 AM
This is one of my favourite Disney films ever. It has such an innocent charm to it, and films like a perfect example of what Walt Disney is all about.

Kiara Serengeti
December 17th, 2007, 03:49 PM
LaTT is also has some interesting historic context showing how things were back in the day. Many people in 40-50's, when the film was developed, had very little understanding (or respect) for the Chinese. This is reflected in the Siamese Cat Song . (Yes, I know Siam isn't exactly China...but close enough). The slanty eyes, buck teeth, greediness, and accents, as well as the 'ching-chong' sound effects, weren't exactly libelous, but they did reflect what "we" thought of the Orientals back in the day. Conniving, less intelligent, and--well--funny-looking.

Then we have the famous "Belle Notte" scene. The scene with Tony and the chef are more intended for humor than for stereotype, but the scene still shows how the "Italian-Americans" lived in the States back in the day. They were generally uneducated, lived in the poorer parts of town, and made a living off of what came naturally to them, be it cooking or cleaning...