PDA

View Full Version : How big of a TLK fan are you?

aj2590
March 1st, 2006, 10:46 PM
On a scale of 1-10, rate yourself on how big of a TLK fan are you?

For me, I would have to say maybe between an 8 or a nine. I don't go nuts whenever I see TLK merchandise or anything TLK-related. Just love the movies and the songs :bigcheese:

zazulover01
March 1st, 2006, 11:51 PM
I'd say I'm a 20, I love The Lion King, when I was little i wore my Simba backpack to school every dayand Zazu always came with me. I lost him about 10 times. :cheese:

lolopimp
March 2nd, 2006, 12:07 AM
I'd say an 8, I love this movie! 10 would be for those who write fanfics or draw their own characters. I guess I can't consider myself as devoted as them with TLK. And I also dislike its prequel and part 2 was alright.

Tiikeri
March 2nd, 2006, 12:17 AM
About 9, love the movie, love the songs, love the merchandise (as long as it's not for kids, or lame, or both)

W-Eyed-Wanderer
March 2nd, 2006, 12:29 AM
I'd say a 9 as well...almost a 9 1/2 'cos I'm just starting to create my Fursona and draw my own characters.

And, for the record, I DO go nuts whenever I see anything TLK related! Thanks to student loans I can generally just buy it as well...
:D :ayecapn:

TLK has pretty much consumed my life...can't move a foot in my room without finding something that relates to it. That said I don't like either sequel...the original's all that matters to me!
:lol: :-)

Sombolia
March 2nd, 2006, 12:42 AM
Errrrr, -3.

*shrugs* Okay, so that's a lie. Maybe.

TakaTiger
March 2nd, 2006, 01:09 AM
9.0... i guess thats about right... its a big part of my life, but im not thinkin of it 24\7

unregistered user
March 2nd, 2006, 01:34 AM
6. But if you were to count Lea, that'd make someone AT LEAST a 9. :p

Dare
March 2nd, 2006, 01:52 AM
I'd say somewhere around 5-6 or so...I still appreciate the movie for the artistic and nostalgic value, but I don't consider it remarkable or life-altering.

Nephilim
March 2nd, 2006, 05:44 PM
Uh, one or two for me.

Whitewolf
March 2nd, 2006, 05:53 PM
about 8 =D

Xanahti
March 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
Maybe 4.

Daniel
March 2nd, 2006, 06:59 PM
not much, i'm just here for the people of the forum :p

HasiraKali
March 2nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
I'd say 10. :P I've been involved in the fandom for too long to let go. :lol:

Zaya
March 2nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Uh...:confused: I'm really not that crazy and as far as it TLK art concerns...it's just relaxing...not like an obsession

I'm maybe more in the whole African culture and people thing than really just the animated movies and their specific music.

That's kind of why I like the theatre production better - people, costumes and scene...the feeling...

So 3 for TLK and 8 for TLKoB

This Land
March 2nd, 2006, 07:51 PM
can i split this into groups :p

Film - 7/10
Music - 10/10
Merchandise - 4/10
Art - 10/10

Noodle
March 2nd, 2006, 08:23 PM
Erm about 6 or 7 .

Sadiki
March 2nd, 2006, 08:44 PM
I can't really rate mine... Lion king have effect on my life so much that I can't really say.. not only as a movie, but as what I do.

so I don't really think I can make it on that scale

Sharifu
March 3rd, 2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by lolopimp
I'd say a 9, I love this movie! 10 would be for those who write fanfics or draw their own characters.

:lol: Does that make a 10 for me? ;) (Draws TLK fanart) I don't know, I don't think I can really rate it for me. The movie means a lot to me so I'd say it's pretty high. I'm not the type of fan that buys every TLK thing I see in the store though. I even sold a lot of my TLK things that I didn't like that much on ebay a couple years ago. (I kept the TLK stuff I really liked obvivously) And of course I do buy TLK stuff if I really do like if I see it. But I love the music, the movie and TLKoB, and there are a lot more reasons why I like it. (It's animated, I love 2-D animated movies, it's about animals, I love animals, etc)

W-Eyed-Wanderer
March 3rd, 2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Zaya
I'm maybe more in the whole African culture and people thing than really just the animated movies and their specific music.

That's kind of why I like the theatre production better - people, costumes and scene...the feeling...

Personally I take that side of things from the film as well. Incidentally the list of things that I like that have been influenced by TLK is as long as my arm...

Elton John, first of all....African music, art and culture. My love for all things feline is probably half from TLK and half from always owning cats, but my love for big cats can be pretty obviously traced back.

Don't get me wrong, I've not always been this into TLK...infact I went about 9 years without even thinking about it; but when I rediscovered it I began to realise just how much of my taste in music and culture had been influenced by it.

Get 'em while they're young, eh?
:D :p

Storm90
March 3rd, 2006, 02:29 AM
Probably around 7-8. The Lion King got me to start sketching lions and eventually to wolves and anime. ^_^

Ashara
March 3rd, 2006, 03:19 AM
Probably about 9. I was obssessed from 4-8. Then I picked it back up again when I was 10. I've been obssessed ever since. :fini: I've just started doing some little lion sketches, and I've completely got it in my head what my lion fursona looks like. :kovusmile:

lionloversam
March 3rd, 2006, 03:04 PM
I am a 8. Once somebody from the church I use to go to was introduced to me. The first thing they said to me was something like, 'Are you that Lion King guy I have heard alot about?' I responded 'I guess I am'. Then they were like,'well... nice to meet you.'

EDIT: I think I had on a TLK shirt at the time.

Xinithian
March 4th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Probably like, a 6. The only things that keep me liking TLK is the nostalgia, the awesome background/animation/score, and Scar. Otherwise, I wouldn't be such a fan...

Timon
March 5th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Probably about a ten :hehe: I get ridiculausly excited whenever I see anything relating to TLK, I watch it a least once a week, I listen to the soundtrack nearly everyday, I've made up my own character (a girlfriend for Timon), I draw Timon all over everything I own, my bedroom is filled with Timon plushies and merchandise, and I do other crazy things. Probably a 10 when it's Timon, and about a 6 when it's the rest of the film.

Black_raven
March 5th, 2006, 03:12 PM
hmm well if there was more TLK stuff in the UK I proberbly would be at least 8/10 for merchandise
If I put merchandise ( including amount of cds) aside I would say I'm a 9/10 TLK fan I get too excited over TLK, watch the movie and draw it way too much, I write fiction too but I never post it online because it's pretty bad....

Kiara Serengeti
March 5th, 2006, 03:42 PM
10!!!

simba2662
March 5th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Breaking it up,
10 for the first two movies
10 for all the music
100 for the broadway musical
Other, 7

Titunen
March 14th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Hmm.. I'm not really into the merchandise, I just love the movie as it is. it doesn't need anything else.

Titunen
March 14th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Except, if I may add, the soundtrack. It is just as wonderful as the movie and I couldn't live without it.

Nephilim
March 14th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Titunen
Except, if I may add, the soundtrack. It is just as wonderful as the movie and I couldn't live without it.

Please edit your previous post rather than double post in future, please. :fini:

Edit: zomg, Dumbo icon! <3

Krypto
March 14th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Complete 10! :cheese: I haven't fallen: I've completely jumped back in love with TLK lately! :cheese:

Sombolia
March 15th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Okay, seriously, I'm probably a 4 or 5. I haven't seen the movie since the summer, and I honestly, I don't enjoy listening to the soundtrack. I probably wouldn't be into the movie much anymore if it weren't for this damned fandom. *shakes fist*

nathalie
March 15th, 2006, 09:29 AM
The first movie + music + all merchandise, definatly 100/10 :cheese:

2nd movie 5/10
3rd movie 7/10

Musical, I don't know, the songs aren't really my thing apart from 2 or 3 songs.
And from what I've seen (pieces from the Dutch musical) it doesn't really apply to me.

Yet, I do wanna go and see it, maybe I'll totally change my mind after really seeing it.
(and seeing it in English is also different then in Dutch, I don't really like some of the Dutch translations they used)

Krypto
March 16th, 2006, 04:31 PM
I haven't seen much from TLKoB, but if it's anything like the live show which they have at Disney World, it's probably a good time! :cheese: The giant Simba puppet was right beside my section! It was awesome! :cheese: And when the show was over and the crowd was exiting, I was the only one who was walking backwards and attempting to stretch his head like a giraffe to see Simba as long as he could. :lol:

Sombolia
March 17th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Oh, I'm sure TLKoB is x100 better than the DW version. So much love.

Krypto
March 17th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Man, now I want to see TLKoB! :lol: It isn't out on DVD, is it? I could find out on Google, but I'd rather hear it from my Lea buddies! :lol: :cheese:

Shadow
March 17th, 2006, 05:00 AM
10 and over xP

i might not have you know all the posters and plushes and stuff ( i simply dont got the money for it) but the Movie is very very close to me for several resuns and have helped me throw my life akshely....

Sharifu
March 17th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Krypto
Man, now I want to see TLKoB! :lol: It isn't out on DVD, is it? I could find out on Google, but I'd rather hear it from my Lea buddies! :lol: :cheese:

No it's not on DVD... And really you have to experience it in person, watching it on TV, will never compare.

I don't know where you live Krypto, but if you like in the the US, check this site often to see if TLKoB touring cast will be coming near you: http://disney.go.com/disneytheatrical/boxoffice/tour/thelionking.html

And of course it always plays in New York.

TLKoB also plays in England, the Netherlands (until June), Australia (until June), Germany, and Japan.

I know it going to be in France this starting this summer and I think China too...

Well anyways I was just telling you where is plays arcoss the world because I have no idea where you live! :lol: You can find any info about where to find TLKoB at: http://disney.go.com/disneytheatrical/thelionking/

Before I saw TLKoB, I wanted to see it, and after I did, I was just amazed with this show, more then I ever thought I would be. I love the artwork, music, puppets, costumes... There is just so much artwork in the show it's just amazing. I've seen it for a total of four times! (All the same touring casts but different cities, near to where I live) I listen to the soundtrack a lot, and I can hardly wait to see it again.

nathalie
March 17th, 2006, 09:52 AM
After it'll finish in the Netherlands in July it'll go to Paris.
+ It's going to China aswell (international cast)

And from what I've heard, the Dutch musical will not be on DVD ever.

BUT, the English version might, because I think Disney is smart enough to realize it's *ka-ching* again when they should put it on DVD.

They've put Cats on DVD, so why not TLK.

Sombolia
March 17th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Meh.. I just hope people will see the DVD and then see it live, because I don't even like TLK much anymore, and I thought it was amazing. <3

Krypto
March 17th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the information, Sharifu! :cheese: If I ever make it to New York, It's simply a fact that I have to see it! :lol: So, they have it on CD? I'll definitely check that out! :cheese:

nathalie
March 17th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Yep, there are a few official TLKoB cd's.
* English (US)
* Japanese
* Dutch

And hopefully soon French too.

Krypto
March 17th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
Yep, there are a few official TLKoB cd's.
* English (US)
* Japanese
* Dutch

And hopefully soon French too.

Awesome! I can't imagine being able to go a week without going out and trying to find one! :lol: :D

nathalie
March 17th, 2006, 04:46 PM
The English one you can find anywhere.

The Japanese one is totally rare :(

And the Dutch one, that's kind of in the middle, lol

Krypto
March 17th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
The English one you can find anywhere.

The Japanese one is totally rare :(

And the Dutch one, that's kind of in the middle, lol

-in the voice of adult Simba- Um... :confused:...maybe I'd better start out with the English one and go from there. :lol: jk

Thanks for the information! :cheese:

Dyani
March 19th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I would guess at about a 7. I'm not 100% crazy about it.. I love it as in its a brill movie, its altered my way of thinking, I draw my own characters and furzona and like listening to TLK music. I cryed when I listen to CoL for the first time on CD... does that makes me an 8 or 9 then? :vitsm:

SimbaNala05
April 11th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I am such a fan of The Lion King... maybe even more now after all these years to me it is still considered a wonderful film with a great story and fun and noble characters and great songs and cast,scoring and much more.

Long Live Simba....

Disney's The Lion King will live on...forever with such a wide array of fans like us keeping it everlasting.

Fact:The Lion King Rules...Paws Down for one of the best Disney Animated Features out there....

Rafiki '03
April 22nd, 2006, 06:29 PM
I think i would have to be a 9 i am not completely obsessed over it but i think it is a really cool movie and i love the sound tracks

Behemot
May 6th, 2006, 10:01 PM
My measurements: 180cm/28cm/0.00$
-so may J say in some aspects J'm not such a small fan :irule:

Euan Buchan
May 8th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I'd say I'm 5 Im not mad on it like I use to be & I do ocasionly watch the films when I feel like it. Have been listening to The Lion King Collection alot mind you

redcard
May 8th, 2006, 07:33 PM
I'd say an 7 or 6 out of 10. A lot of my love for the movie has kinda just ebbed and flowed.

It needs an explanation, though. When I was 15, TLK was coming out. That's 12 years ago. 12 years ago, most of the people here were young. I was not, and was in a major college town of Ann Arbor. Further, there were theatres showing this movie for a long time after (about a year) at $1 a shot. Add to that the fact that a bike can get you anywhere in Ann Arbor, and I saw The Lion King, In theaters, a total of around 70 or 80 times. (Also, Michigan has a bottle deposit program.. bring in a can or bottle to a retailer, get a dime. Ten cans of soda found on my walk / bike ride down town gets me a free viewing of the Lion King :) )

Then, I founded the list. And then I kept going. Fan fic, merchandise, whatever. At fifteen, you're not buying gas for a car or anything, so all your money can go towards what you like. All my money went for The Lion King.

The merchandise available now is not even a hundreth of what was available then. I've got probably thirty boxes of Lion King things, including a "Shaving Kit", collector's plates, collector's glasses, read along cassettes, a Lion King "Recorder" with Songbook, the Piano Book for Easy Piano, the one for NORMAL piano.. etc. The list goes on and on. Posters, christmas ornaments, party favors, etc.

So.. fast forward about ten years or so, and the DVD is coming out. (I already had a DVD copy of TLK from a few friends who used a laserdisc player and a then multi thousand dollar DVD Burner) A lot of people get back into the movie, but not as much as before.

I don't want to say that the movie is dead and gone for me, but it's pretty clear that my time with the movie is done. Now I just kinda dabble in it. Most fans of my age have moved on, quite a few to Narnia, actually.

But, after all, nearly 12 years of complete and total Lion King is a lot ;)

So.. that's why it's a 7. It was at one time a 10.. but , as things have happened and I've moved on, the movie has taken on a different role for me.

Zephyr Nexus
May 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM

:lol:

If any of you read my first post, you would have heard my story about me coming back to Disney this spring, the spring of my senior year in high school. I used to think that my favorite Disney movie was "Mulan," but after a marathon of Disney classics, I can definitely say that "The Lion King" is my favorite. While it doesn't have the emotional and romantic subtlety of "Beauty and the Beast," TLK is superb at what it does: telling a strikingly simplistic story with dramatic, moving, poignant moments.

My iTunes playlist has gotten filled with more and more stuff from the soundtrack (even some of the DDR remixes from pridelands.ru (I think "He Lives In You" is the best)) and I enjoy all of it.

I don't actually remember where and when I saw TLK first; in June of 1994 I was 6 years old and graduating from kindergarten. I must have seen it either in the movie theaters (in Ann Arbor, like the previous poster) or right afterwards on VHS. It has been a consistent force throughout my life, ebbing and flowing (to use someone else's description) to almost nothing during middle school and early high school. Back in elementary school, though, I do remember that an obviously TLK-crazed girl sang me "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" as we were walking home. (It was so bad...)

Anyway, now, after coming back to the movie much wiser and more sage, I appreciate it for different reasons, knowing that it is a classic that I should own for posterity (that's why I overpayed for the SE DVD on Amazon). I try to draw characters from the movie (none original), and, while I'm pretty good at reproducing a scene from the movie, I'm terrible at doing it without reference.

:eww:

Anyway, I would rate myself a 7.7, making me someone who loves the movie (the sequels less so) and someone who would join Lea, but acknowledging that I have many other interests.

Jabari
May 17th, 2006, 01:35 AM
I think I could call myself a clean 10. :cheese: I've loved the films since I saw the first one in theaters when I was 3 or 4. I've really gotten into the fandom, have created my own character, and actively write fan fics.

Only thing I need to do now is learn how to draw.:vitsm:

Sudi
May 30th, 2006, 06:00 AM
I'd say about a 5 or 4 right now, when I first became a TLK fan I was easily a 10, but I've been losing interest lately.

unregistered user
June 1st, 2006, 01:13 AM
2 or 3 the movies r a bit babyish for me now

HasiraKali
June 1st, 2006, 02:34 AM
FishLionMom: Ok second time I've had to deal with one of your posts in the last 5 minutes. That's insulting to those of us that are big fans of the film.

Simba Marasa
June 1st, 2006, 04:40 AM
i bite people's heads off if they talk snarky about mu beloved tlk...

LunarCat
June 3rd, 2006, 05:23 PM
7 It seems that TLK has become more of a hobby. I collect the merchandise, and draw the characters sometimes. However, it seems to have gotten me the reputation of "Oh yeah, she likes the lion king."

Valvador
June 10th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Well... :thinks: it's 9 or 10, I think. I'm TLK fan since 1994 and still use to watch this movie every week... I draw Lions, learn about Lions, write about Lions... Lions are all my life ;) And I come here, when my english still sux :eww: :D

Jackandsimba
June 23rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
20!
Whenever I see TLK merchandise I buy it, i know all the lyrics to all the songs and the whole script off by heart!

:D:cheese:

Veertje
June 25th, 2006, 12:45 AM
I would say 9.
I loved the film (still do but not watch it very much).
I really really love the musical, i've seen it 18 times (only in the Netherlands, never on Broadway or West End :().
And i really love the music of the musical, and i have a toy from the musical (a zazu-doll) and a pen, and a t-shirt (drawed (ik bedoel getekend, schrijf ik dit dan goed?) by a dear friend! so i am the only one with this shirt!).
This is me with the shirt and one of the players from Holland.
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/607/joanneenveertjeklein6hh.jpg
She playes Sarabi.
O and is also have a... onderzetter.
That's a thing where you can put your glass on, so your table won't get wet.

Jackandsimba
June 25th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I don't have much TLK stuff but I am a Big fan! 30 I would say, because i Know the whole script and everything!

HasiraKali
June 25th, 2006, 10:09 PM
That's an awesome shirt! :D

Matt_1103
June 26th, 2006, 01:15 AM
I'm probably a 9.5 out of 10 on the scale.

nathalie
June 29th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Oh my, Veertje, 18 times? o_O

Scheveningen isn't that far for me, about 2 hours, and I've seen it 0 times *lol*

trexmaster
August 1st, 2006, 04:25 AM
For a while, I had lost my interest in TLK, and I actually for a while had a distaste for it (I will not get into the reason why here), but I've warmed up to it recently. I would have to say 5 now.

lion_roog
August 1st, 2006, 07:43 AM
7 out of 10...I'm not all crazy about it...but I still love it...:D

Arc Assassin
August 3rd, 2006, 12:25 AM
9 or so...
I know the songs and scripts to TLK 1&2 by heart--I used to watch them both consecutively..multiple times a day--not so much anymore but I still watch them. I love drawing my characters and such ((love drawing and writing in general so yeah)) I'm not insane about it but I still love it

Kapasa
August 3rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
an abysmal 6/10, i know the songs, but I don''t draw lions and write short/long fan stories..

Its just about my fav. film, i preferred it when i was younger, but its still great.. the sequels were good but no where near as good as the first. Ive only seen the sequels twice each so i'll hav to watch em again

simbaddsa
August 6th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I'd say I'm about 6 or 7.I could repaet every sentence in the movie TLK1 with out a stop a year ago, but, not now.
Im not that crazy but, the same as Arc, I still love it.

Lion King Stu
August 7th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Well as for me when I got back into this thing I was a 20/10 fan.
But yeah I've found better things that take my interest away from TLK but I still have my likes for it so I'm about a 5/10 now.

King Simba
August 7th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah, like Stu, I used to be pretty much crazed on TLK when I first joined this forum which made me sorta go over the 10 mark.

I haven't lost much interest in it, but my interest for it has gotten shallower, but not too much. So I'm probably about 5-6/10 now.

Kimbai
August 11th, 2006, 12:22 AM
hmmmm 8/10, because I memorized every single word in the darned show

HasiraKali
August 11th, 2006, 12:45 AM
I found some pictures the other day of my sister and I on a ride at one of the old fairs and I'm wearing a buttload of TLK pins. :lol: I look hilarious.

lyonesse
August 27th, 2006, 10:50 PM
I'd say I'm about an 8?. I hadn't really thought about TLK for awhile..but I recently watched the movies and it hit me...I love The Lion King!!

Katari
August 28th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Twas the same way for me. I saw the movie on my 4th birthday, and got the VHS as soon as it came out. (I kept it in immaculate condition, too...still runs fine!:cheese:)

But then I dropped away when I "grew up", and TLK became just another kiddy thing. Then I saw it a year or two back, and have adored it since then.

Kabloomybuzz
January 8th, 2008, 10:27 AM
10+

I make fanvids and I write the odd fanfic. I'm obsessed to the point that people are worried about me :P

Kalahari
January 27th, 2008, 12:03 AM
My Lion King obsession was so intense it helped me get diagnosed with AS. I talked about nothing else nor thought about anything else. I carried a Timon and Pumbaa plushie with me everywhere and acted like it was the end of the world if I misplaced them somewhere. My jerk school bus driver once stopped the bus for over an hour to try to surrender them from me but wasn't successful. I still have them and always will. Titan A.E. is my favorite movie now but TLK will always hold a special place in my heart.

childlike_ghost
February 5th, 2008, 03:01 AM
9/10 It's always been in the top three for me, and since my school actually put on the play in my grade 11 year (I was Shenzi), It's intensified my love for the movie. Watching it makes me think how much of a pity it is that Disney has stopped making hand drawn movies. I really miss it.

LeroyBranches
February 5th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I'd say a solid 7. I'm a big fan of the movie but I never really got into the fandom as much as many others have, I don't really own much Lion King except for the DVD's, still, I am a big fan of the movie.

lion_roog
February 5th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Now I would have to say a 5/10...Simba's still my homie, but he has been replaced by the intricacies of information systems and the perils of learning about economics and accounting principles...as well as lots of ball playing. But TLK will always be one of my favorite movies...:cheese:

Guntur
February 5th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Now I would have to say a 5/10...Simba's still my homie, but he has been replaced by the intricacies of information systems and the perils of learning about economics and accounting principles...cheese:
How the hell did that happen? :confused:

Revo
February 5th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I'd say 8 and a half, or a nine. I don't own too much merchandise, nor do I collect any TLK-stuff. So material-wise, I'm not very committed. But this movie holds a very special place for me. I don't think of it as a 'movie' anymore, really. I see it as a combination of great characters, great story, great lessons, great fun, great music, great dialog, great saga (I don't like the sequels, but I enjoyed the new version of CotP so much, that I now pretty much look to that as how things went on before and after the movie) ...etc. Part of the fact that I'm still very keen to TLK might be because I didn't get into the fandom when I was a kid, but I got into it pretty recently, about a year and a half ago. Usually I get booms like this a lot, and they fade with time, but TLK hasn't. Partly because I've made so many friends through it, that it kinda stayed. Only shows how much good a single good movie can do :cheese:...

lionloversam
February 6th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Inwardly I am about an 8. Because, when ever I slightly mention TLK my mom starts saying stuff like "Aren't you embarresed" and "You should be ashamed of that." I stop making outward expressions about it and would appear to be between a 0 or 2. Around the time I joined this board, I was off the chart, though.

King Simba
February 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I'd say I'm more of a 8-9/10. I draw TLK fanart, love the movie, the animation, characters, storyline and the music. I like TLKoB too, even if I have only seen it once. Having said that, I don't own much TLK merchandise, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan does it? xP If I could get some more merchandise I would, but I guess I'm not one of these people who buy every single bit of TLK merchandise going.

Originally posted by lionloversam
Inwardly I am about an 8. Because, when ever I slightly mention TLK my mom starts saying stuff like "Aren't you embarresed" and "You should be ashamed of that."
Hmm, it's pretty weird that your mum says stuff like that. :confused: I mean when I first started liking TLK, my family thought it was pretty weird and stuff, but they didn't ask if I was embarassed about it or they didn't tell me that I should be ashamed of it.

KanuTGL
February 6th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I'd say I'm an 8/10. I love the film, the animation, the characters, the setting, the music... everything about it, really, and I know few movies where I can say that everything is perfect without exaggerating. TLK is perfect - it can't get better than it already is.
Then the sequel(s) can be discussed, but they aren't awful either (though TLK1?... *shiver*).

I think some of my friends/family find it weird that I still love that film so much, but I can't really help it xP TLK is what got me into drawing and animation in the first place, and it's helped me meet so many wonderful people. I'll be forever grateful to that movie xP It changed my life, it really did.

lionloversam
February 6th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by King Simba

Hmm, it's pretty weird that your mum says stuff like that. :confused: I mean when I first started liking TLK, my family thought it was pretty weird and stuff, but they didn't ask if I was embarassed about it or they didn't tell me that I should be ashamed of it.

I just do my best to block those comments out. And don't get the wrong idea, it is not only my mom, but my sisters also that express the same feelings. But, somehow for me, the comments make the feeling of fandom or whatever you would call it seem all the stronger. But, this didn't start till I was either 19 or 20, the comments that is. I want to say 20. My dad just remains silent on the whole issue, I don't know what his opinion is.

Shadow
February 6th, 2008, 10:57 PM

lol seriesly though 10 i mean i do collect everything TLK related and is there something i dont have i gota have it xP

and..am very deeply involved with that movie on a emotional lvl..it has effected my life greater then anyone could have known heh

Hakuna Matata
February 7th, 2008, 02:48 AM
I'd say 9. It's my favourite movie, and it was my favourite movie as a child. I talk about it all the time.

Anyango
February 12th, 2008, 07:45 PM
10 10 10 10 a THOUSAND TIMES, 10!!

*grins* I LOVE TLK, It's tied with two others as my faovirte movie. I DO get all hapyp-zappy hyper when I see NEW Lion King things. You should've seen me flip at the Timon and Pumbaa T-Shirt for little boys at the Disney store. I bought the biggest size and manage to wear it just ifine some how. ^^;; Also I snagged up a Lion King Cup from there for kids, but I couldn't resist! :) It's just too cool looking.

Yeah, I love Lion King to bits.

ZooK
February 13th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I'd say around an 8 or 9.

Between college, work, and juggling my other hobbies, I still manage to think about TLK all the time.

Azerane
February 13th, 2008, 05:01 PM
10. Simply beacause it is my favourite movie. Not in some silly way. But it definetly has affected my life whether I meant it to or not.

Guntur
February 14th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Around 6 or 7. This movie was part of my life during my adolescent and I'm happy with it. I'd be happy to watch TLKoB if I had the chance. = ).

TheColorYellow
February 15th, 2008, 02:29 AM
9 or 10. I love The Lion King. It's my favorite disney film.

LeoTaka
February 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here. If you read Chronicles of the Pridelands then you'd probably know I love Scar :-p

For how I love TLK, I'd say 8, I was like listening to the soundtracks and doing my homework at the same time everyday about 7 years ago, now I am not that crazy, but still TLK rocks!

ChiaraMarilera
August 9th, 2014, 11:07 PM
9,5. Or 10. I am not as obsessed as I used to be. But I love it with all my heart. It's just that I don't spend all my time thinking and talking of TLK. But I couldn't really live without TLK.

Nit
December 23rd, 2016, 12:01 PM
8, I think. I think I'll give myself 9 when I'll finally fly to London just to watch TLKoB. ;)

Kossu
December 23rd, 2016, 07:13 PM
10. Definitely. The Lion King is my all-time favourite film and I very much doubt that will ever change. It has influenced my life in so many ways that I could have never ever imagined it would. To this day I still draw fan-art, get excited about info and production art from the movie, collect merchandise and so much more. Though I don't collect much the last 2 years, because I try to be more careful with money. :tears:

What is getting more irritating through the years is, that it has become harder to watch the movie without weeping like a baby throughout most of it.:p