PDA

View Full Version : Concerts

Xanahti
March 1st, 2006, 01:34 PM
What concerts have you been to? Did the band/bands live up to your expectations? Where did you stand/sit? Did you get a good view from where you were?

I'm going to a the darkness concert this weekend, and since it's my first real concert ever, I'm a little nervous. I would like to hear what others have to say about the concerts they've been to, and if they got some tip to give me.

I'm really looking forward to it.
:evilgrin:

Dijesolo
March 1st, 2006, 01:35 PM
I was at a ''In Flames'' concert not so long ago =), seriously it was BETTER than I had expected. The foresinger gave me a high-five.. Wooaah! :D

nathalie
March 1st, 2006, 02:11 PM
Oh my, I need to make a new list ... Been to like 60 concerts / gigs, haha

The closest I've been was standing on the 2nd row with The Kelly Family.
(I've been on the 1st row a lot of times with this Belgian cover band, but they aren't really all that famous)

Xanahti
March 1st, 2006, 02:34 PM
In flames? Cool!
Haha, I won't be brave enough to be that close to the stage, but I'll do my best.
;)
Nathalie, you've been to 60 concerts? That's insane!:O Well, In a cool way of course.;) I don't think I've heard of the kelly family, what kind of music is it?

nathalie
March 1st, 2006, 02:46 PM
The Kelly Family used to be with 9 members (brothers / sisters) today, there are only 4 left :(
Pop / rock /ballades.
You know "normal" music, haha

Other known bands / artists:
* Elton John
* Backstreet Boys (3 times)
* Shania Twain
* Katrina (from Katrina and the waves)
* Kurt Nillsen (world idol)

And then a few Belgium bands.

I'll try to make a list :)

*duh*
I already have a list, haha, on my MSN space (if this link works, that is)
--> clicky (http://spaces.msn.com/moorhunhe206/Blog/cns!1pkhy84uh-pMlyW9-pcWiEhg!336.entry)

Xanahti
March 1st, 2006, 02:52 PM
Elton John?O_O He had a concert not too far from here(like an hour away) and I really regret that I didn't realise how big that was. I should've been there.-_-

Was his concert what you expected?:)

nathalie
March 1st, 2006, 02:56 PM
Elton John was amazing o_O Lemme find a seat plan ... Amazing seats, on the balcony though, but closeby the stage and on the first row.
Was the first time I got to see him.
I missed out 3 other concerts in Belgium because no one wanted to come with me, and this time I dragged Bart with me.

He didn't sang any TLK related songs, but did sing some old classics.

Color: Yellow / Nr. 214 (actually much closer to the stage then the plan shows)
http://www.sportpaleis.be/zaalplan.html

Dijesolo
March 1st, 2006, 03:22 PM
Papa Roach and Zebrahead are AMAZING! I never forget the Papa Roach concert, we went totally crazy :D *headbangin* and such =)

Zebrahead jumped out into the horde of people and were carried onto the stage again! It was such a amazing concert, you should REALLY look forward to it! :)

Amaryllis
March 1st, 2006, 04:10 PM
Pff the biggest concert i've bin to was from Bryan Adams my idol ^^ i still have the photos, that was the best weekend of my life, because one day before that concert, i had a small gig from my brothers favourite Scottish band, Beggar's Row. They were awesome. It's old scottish/celtic music. He loves that :)

TakaTiger
March 1st, 2006, 04:27 PM
my most recent concert i went to, Hammerfall, Edguy and Into Eternity were there, but my next one is going to be one of my friends bands... and hopefully a Gamma Ray concert after that

HasiraKali
March 1st, 2006, 05:16 PM
Most of the concerts I've been to were back in the mid 90's :lol: I'm more of a theater person really. I saw NSYNC like three times, P!nk, Sisquo (Thong Song :lol: ), Weird Al 4 times, Josh Groban, Elton John and Billy Joel, Itzhak Perlman, Brad Paisley, Reba MacIntire, Brian White, Sawyer Brown, Tracy Bird, Neil Macoy, Little Texas, Ricky van Shelton (these last ones were at the rodeo :lol:) I know I've seen more, at the rodeo especially, but I can't think of them right now. :lol:

Daniel
March 1st, 2006, 05:35 PM
not been to any concerts, but i would mind seeing either Linkin Park or Green Day live :D

W-Eyed-Wanderer
March 1st, 2006, 07:50 PM
I've seen rather a lot of well known artists in my time...

Best gig has to go to Coldplay, who I've seen twice and were great both times. Second best would be Muse, who you all may or may not know, they put on an amazing show, seen them 3 times.

Seen Elton John...again no TLK songs but still very good all in all.

Also seen Foo Fighters, Green Day, REM, Radiohead, Manic Street Preachers, Oasis, Stereophonics, No Doubt and The Darkness over the years...not been to a gig since last summer but that's cos now I tend to go to fewer, more expensive gigs than lots of smaller ones.
:-)

Nephilim
March 1st, 2006, 08:38 PM
I've been to more than I'd care to list- probably around something like 200.

Geh, Iron Maiden really took the cake though.

Tiikeri
March 1st, 2006, 10:22 PM
Cradle of Filth gigs pwn everyone elses! I've been to 4 already and I'm not stopping at that. I've also been to 2 Nightwish gigs, and a HIM gig (soon to be 2 times in April when Lindestrom's arm's better) Get well soon Linde ^^

I also wanna go to a Dimmu Borgir gig when I can afford to get to Norway or somewhere, they don't come to the UK on tour =[

klowd
March 1st, 2006, 11:11 PM
- Nightwish
- Sonata Arctica
- Apocalyptica
- Stratovarius
- Iron Maiden
- Cradle of Filth
- Mago de Oz (x 4)
- Gamma Ray
- Saratoga (x2)
- Kamelot
- Dimmu Borgir
-Children of Bodom
- Judas Priest.

Wannasee... ;
- Dream Theater
- In Flames ( this one will be possible the next month).
- Dark Tranquillity.

Xinithian
March 1st, 2006, 11:42 PM
-Whitesnake
-rock never stops tour (Cinderella, Ratt, Firehouse *blegh*, and Quiet Riot)

Sadiki
March 1st, 2006, 11:45 PM
I have only been once in a concert and that was when I was 12 :p

It was Rolling Stone's tho... didn't understand that back then, but later in my life I have given quite a lot of value for that concert.

Sombolia
March 2nd, 2006, 12:23 AM
Only one. My mum dragged me along to a Toby Keith concert. *facepalms*

I would've seen Fall Out Boy twice already, if those stupid Pete Wentz teenies didn't steal my tickets.. grr.

nathalie
March 2nd, 2006, 09:05 AM
The person who brings drugs and alcohol into The Kelly Family, must already be drugged before he entered the hall :lol:

(sorry ... haha)

Kovu The Lion
March 2nd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Well I've been to a George Strait concert but thats about it :P

and hopefully I'll be going to a Rise Against or Green Day concert soon <33333

Sombolia
March 3rd, 2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
and hopefully I'll be going to a ... Green Day concert soon <33333

Probably not soon, as they won't be touring until after the new album comes out.. and from what I've seen, it'll be about.. two years. :secret:

Kovu The Lion
March 3rd, 2006, 12:54 AM
awwww FFS!!! :(!!! No wonder I couldn't find anything at ticketmaster xD!!!!! they always stop doing things when I get into them -_-

W-Eyed-Wanderer
March 3rd, 2006, 12:57 AM
Anyone else got concerts they are going to? Or people they really want to see?

Personally I want to see Coldplay in an indoor arena; just cos I've seen them twice outside...Want to see Robbie Williams at some point: just a class act on stage, unless you care about how 'cool' your music is...but then that's no way to live. Oh, and thanks to his performance at the Brits, I have added Prince to my 'Wanna See' list...seeing that Purple Rain live would make my year!

Decided I wanted to see Blink 182 about a month after they split up...helpful! The Last Night of the Proms would be a good night out, if a little snooty; Wanna see Muse...again....just cos they rawk.

The one gig I would break the bank for would be Pink Floyd. If they ever do decide to get together for a final tour I'll do anything in my power to get tickets...ANYTHING...
;) :D

Sombolia
March 3rd, 2006, 01:16 AM
Welllll, I've still got my heart set on Fall Out Boy (damn you, teenies. Damn you), and I definately wouldn't mind seeing Panic!. And Green Day, naturally - but that'll be a while.

ETA: Ohh, and. If PHGP ever swung down here, I would so go see them.. same for the 'Rators.

Ohhh, and I'll definately be checking later to see if the tour Blood on the Track's on is coming down here. <3

But the one band I would see no matter what?

THE NETWORK.

I give ANYTHING to see The Network live, zomg, I love them way too much.

ETA2: And we did!

ETA3: [wow.]

04/04 Los Angeles, CA -- Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena -- Black Clouds And Underdogs Tour

YES.<333333

Dare
March 3rd, 2006, 01:16 AM
Hmmm...I've been to quite a few, but here's the few I actually remember...

Tori Amos <-----second favorite
The Corrs
Elton John / Billy Joel
U2
Oasis <---favorite
Iron Maiden
Good Charolette
Goo Goo Dolls
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dave Matthews *gag*
Lilith Fair
Woodstock '99
Warped Tour '03

...and a few more I know I went to yet cannot remember for the life of me. O_o
The last three involved a lot of standing/sitting around...and I got hit in the head with a sneaker at Warped Tour. Ouchie! Music was ok though. =^^=

*edit*
Eep! Somby and I posted at almost exactly the same time!
:eek:
I dunno why but that amuses me. ^_^

Kiara
March 3rd, 2006, 10:55 PM
I've never been on some concert but I've been having some concerts myself with my band, does it count?? :lol: I'm still embarrassed to death as soon as I see the DVD recording from the christmas concert, it's terrible xD

Black_raven
March 4th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I've seen various pop concerts when I wa younger with my guide group. Looking back it was kinda bad. I would LOVE to see The Offspring but have been put off by how out of controll the crowd gets! I'm a wimp and I don't want to get hutr in anyway just to see my fav band because then Il'd never be alloud to any concert again o_0

I would also like to go and see Green Day and I missed the chance to see them at Milton Keynes! I live S O close and had no idea there was a Green Day concert going on there till the day it was on!!!! GAH!
Few of my friends went and loved it and now believe they've found themselves on the back of Bullet In A Bible o_0

Sombolia
March 4th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Black_raven I would also like to go and see Green Day and I missed the chance to see them at Milton Keynes! I live S O close and had no idea there was a Green Day concert going on there till the day it was on!!!! GAH!
Few of my friends went and loved it and now believe they've found themselves on the back of Bullet In A Bible o_0

If you don't think you can handle the Offspring, there's no way you'd be able to see Green Day. x]

And, aha-- lucky! *pulls out DVD case* Where do they think they are? :P

W-Eyed-Wanderer
March 4th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Me and my mate found ourselves on the TV showing of T in the Park 2001. It was our first ever visit to a festival so we were pretty chuffed about it!

Of course it did require pausing the video and slowly skipping forward but never mind, I'm sure all the audience at home would have done the same just to see us and make us famous....
:D
*ahem*

Black_raven
March 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Acturally I think it may have been the warped tour pics that put me off looking back
(both offspring and green day, no wonder the crowd looked so nuts!)

lol they're not exactly visible they keep pointing out that they were at the back right somewhere lol

Sombolia
March 5th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Eh, I can imagine the mosh at the tour Green Day & Blink did together must of been pretty bad. Although, I do feel a certain sympathy for Blink.. they had to play second.

Suki
March 5th, 2006, 06:04 AM
I've been to a concert....two. Hilary Duff (don't laugh) last year, and a Radio Disney one a few years back... O_o They were okay...

EDIT:

Why the crud does Billie Joe have blonde hair in your banner Sombolia? O_o Since when did he have blond hair? XD

What's up with The Acadamy Is, Fall Out Boy and Motion City? Everyone seems to like them nowadays. *shrug*

Xanahti
March 5th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Wow, it was the most awesome thing I've experienced. The darkness really ruled on stage. I was just millimeters away from Justin when they carried him around in the audience.XD It was great that they played all their older hits too, so it wasn't just a promo tour for the new record.

"I believe in a thing called love", "Love is only a feeling" and "growing on me" was definitely the best ones, they were pure energy.;)

It.was.so.cool.

Sombolia
March 5th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Suki
Why the crud does Billie Joe have blonde hair in your banner Sombolia? O_o Since when did he have blond hair? XD

What's up with The Acadamy Is, Fall Out Boy and Motion City? Everyone seems to like them nowadays. *shrug*

*rubs hands together evillllly*

Billie's hair has been blonde since... oh, last weekend? Although, he's had it blonde several times in the past. Hell, his hair's been blue and red in the past, too. Yes, gaspshockawe, Billie's hair hasn't always been black.

And everyone likes Fall Out Boy because they are good, no matter how idiotic Peturrr Wentz is. Motion City Soundtrack is kinda bleh, though, and I've never heard anything from The Academy Is....

Glad ya had a good time, Xanahti!

Black_raven
March 5th, 2006, 11:48 AM
lol I was wondering the same thing because I've seen Billy with blonde hair in the past so I was wondering if the pic was new :)

I acturally prefere him with black hair (like the one on my poster =D) Still looks pretty funky :D

Suki
March 5th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Sombolia
*rubs hands together evillllly*

Billie's hair has been blonde since... oh, last weekend? Although, he's had it blonde several times in the past. Hell, his hair's been blue and red in the past, too. Yes, gaspshockawe, Billie's hair hasn't always been black.

Oh.........^_^;;

Fire_Hazard
March 5th, 2006, 06:08 PM
I am not going to a concert for a VERY LONG TIME! I almost got stabbed at a Nickelback concert and there were people that brought razors! It was horrible. The music, however, was the best live music I have ever heard.

Sombolia
March 5th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Well, it's Nickelback. The people there needed some form of entertainment. :P

As for Billie's hair (god I feel pathetic), I like the blonde. I liked his hair when it was blue, though, that was awesome. XD Or the brown, like it was before he dyed it. Yeah, I'll shut up now.

nathalie
October 14th, 2006, 08:43 AM
*me is still totally exhited from last night*

Finally, also after 10 years of waiting, I went to Bruce Springsteen last night (with The Seeger Sessions band).

It was awesome !

He didn't spoke much though, he said like, 5 lines throughout the whole concert.
I didn't knew any of those new songs, haha, I still haven't heard the new CD yet.

A_Rogue_Lion
October 14th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I havent been to any concerts.....but March 07 im going to go see My Chemical Romance :cheese: hehehehe cant wait

Shadow
October 14th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Nightwish some years ago...i belive i posted photos on here to...hehe

Lordi was the fore band so i knew em way befure everyone else in erouvision xP "lol i got to see em for free! x3"

Guntur
October 14th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Malindo Indonesian Malaysian Rock Concert early september this year, =) all of the band is rock except for the Indonesian crowd :(.

Azerane
October 14th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Hmmm concerts...
-I believe the first concert I went to was 'A Day On the Green' in Jan or Feb of this year which had a few artists, Missy Higgins being the main one, it was an all day concert which was awesome, though the only problem was... was that it was a 45 degree celcius day.. and we were out in the sun... all day. And then I got stung by a bee =P Some of the acts weren't that great, but Missy Higgins was absolutly awesome!! =D

-Jamie Cullum concert, mid-year sometime. He was pretty good, good entertainer, good voice, cool piano. Nothing too spectacular but he was a good performer.

-Ben Folds with the Adeliade Symphony Orchestra: Abosolutly awesome. It rocked. Ben Folds has some cool tunes and he was great at getting the crowd involved and added with the orchestra it was just amazing. He exceeded my expectations.

I think that's it really... yeah :D

LunarCat
October 14th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Kelly Clarkson-was in the way way back, but concert was still awesome

Damone, Ima Robot, Under the Influence of Giants, All American Rejects-> freakin amazing! was part of their (college)Campus Tour. great music, and just overall tons of fun

Guntur
December 22nd, 2007, 09:34 AM
I'm a big fan of concerts, My first concert was a big 8 hour rock festival at bukit kiara, then Kanye West world tour and the latest one Dewa 19 Concert. This is my second dewa concert since they involved in the 8 hour rock festival
= ).

Amaryllis
December 22nd, 2007, 11:20 AM
I've seen even more artists just now. Let me mention those that I remember. (These bands are not listed in the proper order by the way.)

-Bryan Adams (2x)
-Beggars Row
-The Bloody Honkies (6x, tomorrow 7th)
-With Ice (4x)
-Comatose
-Orange
-Vader
-Jaya The Cat
-The Real McKenzies
-Skip Intro
-De Tarrels
-Supersonic Mega****ers
-Harries '89
-The Valkyrians
-Dozer
-Moke
-Oblivian Nightmare
-The Bodybags (3x)
-Impalement (2x)
-Di-rect

...aand I think there's still about 6 to 11 bands that I've seen so far but can't remember the name of. Most bands I've seen at festivals and gigs.

Guntur
December 22nd, 2007, 04:43 PM
Man that concert we're ROCKKKKK!.... They say They gonna record the live footage and put it into DVD format, Maybe I send some DVD to couple of my friends here = ).

imported_kiara
December 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by kiara
I've never been on some concert but I've been having some concerts myself with my band, does it count?? :lol:

Oh, i gotta change that one now :D

Went to my first REAL concert (Nightwish) back in october with Shat :cheese: I mean, it was a reaconcert and i travelled around the world to get there, and in NYC, its like, can get more real than that :lol:

During summer i also sneaked in on the Boppers hen they visted or town on PowerMeet ..

Simbaspirit
December 22nd, 2007, 10:03 PM
ooo i love concerts!

mmkay so the ones ive been to..

Deliriou5
Teddy Geiger
Switchfoot
Elton John
Honda Civic Tour (+44, The Academy Is..., Cobra Starship, Fall Out Boy)
Lots of local bands

can't remember the others ^^

Guntur
December 23rd, 2007, 04:20 AM
Honda Civic Tour? w0w

I like fall out boy and cobra starship,

Here's a list of concert that I've been to:

Malindo (Malaysian Indonesian Rock Festival including Dewa 19)
Battle of the Band (Not a concert but I enjoy some band)
Kanye West (My opinion, to short.. I mean 45 minutes performance????... man)
Dewa 19 (Yesterday, the best concert I ever been, even better than Kanye West.)

nathalie
December 23rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
I went to another one last night ...

My God, I could have standed first row *whaaaaaaaaaaa*
Because we were there at 5.45pm to stand in line, and only about 20 people waiting.
But with going inside, everyone started to push like madmans :s
And then I didn't feel like standing in the crowd again and all the pushing while waiting for the inside doors to open to go inside the actual hall.

So me and my sister just went totally upstairs to stand after the balkony, and had the coolest view, lol.

Famous Belgian band "Clouseau", they fill this hall with about 17.500 - 18.000 people each year, about 18 tot 12 times in December.

It was awesome ^^

I'm hoping I can go back next week *hopes*

Daniel
December 23rd, 2007, 12:06 PM
I was in a gig with my mates band.

I was chief masher, and got to do a Kraftwerk style dance =D

Guntur
December 23rd, 2007, 12:29 PM
^ wow, house music = ).

Suki
December 31st, 2007, 03:32 AM
I'm going to an Avril Lavigne concert in March...