PDA

View Full Version : To make room for him or not?

Jazzy B Bunny
February 3rd, 2013, 03:45 PM
Him being a rather expensive 5ft simba Plush.... I want him but I will have no room for anything else. :\

My family 'don't want to know' they already think I'm insane.... I need opinions! ;)

nathalie
February 3rd, 2013, 04:06 PM
Is it the one from Disneyland? If so, he is very soft and flexible and can. even be folded. Its like a huge beanbag/sitbag.

Jazzy B Bunny
February 3rd, 2013, 04:12 PM
Nope, it's one of the Douglas simbas the 25kg ones. He would probably take up my whole floor.

Jazzy B Bunny
February 3rd, 2013, 04:18 PM
It's one like this. (Pic from google)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c378/Jazzyb123/832dc86f460da3cdd1b1e6a804e6169c.jpg

nathalie
February 3rd, 2013, 06:24 PM
Damn :lol: haha

I wouldn't get him personally, I've actually seen him on ebay before! Didn't like the looks :p

Jazzy B Bunny
February 3rd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Damn :lol: haha

I wouldn't get him personally, I've actually seen him on ebay before! Didn't like the looks :p

His eyes are a little weird, but I figured that could be fixed with a couple white stickers :lol:

cleargreenwater
February 3rd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Holy hell, how much would it cost to ship that thing if it takes a forklift and a pallet just to move it? :eek: o_o

...I hope it's "local pickup" :cringe:

Jazzy B Bunny
February 3rd, 2013, 09:42 PM
It's local pick up, but shipping to me since its in the same country is like £50-80 someone from the USA wanted it and got a quote for £1000! He only weighs 25kg I lift sacks of gravel that weight at work, so sure I can manage it!

One thing, its coming from a smokers home... I am a non smoker, how can I remove the smell? Obviously he will not fit in my washing machine! :lol: my mother won't have it in the house if it wreaks of smoke.

Kasei
February 4th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Dang! And I thought I had a big Simba! That sucker is h-u-g-e! I have the big laying-down one, he hangs out on top of my TV cabinet. :)

As far as the smoking smell, I usually let stuff that smells like smoke air-dry outside for a day or so. Febreeze probably wouldn't be a bad idea either. x)

Jazzy B Bunny
February 4th, 2013, 08:05 AM
I've been searching for the laying down one! It appears he was only availble in the US and this one here only in the UK. Leaving him outside would be a good idea if we ever get a dry day!

Azerane
February 4th, 2013, 08:19 AM
That is a rather large Simba. Would certainly need the space for it. As for the smoke smell, a day airing out won't do the job if it's well in there. Depends how strong it is. You could dust it with a powder like bi-carb soda and bag it for a week to absorb some of the smell and then vacuum him off. Though I'm not quite sure where you'd get a bag that large, but bi-carb is good at absorbing smells.

Jazzy B Bunny
February 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM
My haggling skills have failed me. Seller won't drop the price. Hmm! I want him, but I don't really need him.

cleargreenwater
February 4th, 2013, 01:05 PM
It's probably better anyway if smoke smell is a concern. I've rehabilitated other stuffed toys, and honestly the only real way to get ingrained smoke odor out is to carefully rip a seam in an out of the way place and change out the stuffing to fresh stuff, which....I can't imagine how much fresh stuffing you would have to buy to refill that.

Jazzy B Bunny
February 4th, 2013, 10:14 PM
He's mine... Have to wait until the 16th to get him though. Will put him in my garage for a while if he smells bad and then see where we go from there. Now then, how to get him in without my mother seeing... :mufasaworried:

Jazzy B Bunny
February 5th, 2013, 08:38 PM
This is him! Can't wait til he arrives!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c378/Jazzyb123/4ed868cac6d7024a52ac0aae7b7a7693.jpg