PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King Where's the Original Theatrical Release? D:

Keite
February 19th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Gaaah! I've been craving Lion King and I'm about to watch it, using the Special Addition set that came out a while ago. But I want to watch the original version, without Morning Report in it. It says on the back of the case that the original release is in there, but I can't find it. Can someone help me? :> I'm desperate!:eww:

nathalie
February 19th, 2006, 10:40 PM
*lol*

Question was here a little while ago, but the thread maker told me to delete that.

Menu, "languages".

I believe it should be in there.

Keite
February 19th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I don't see a 'Languages' option, either. x.x

I would think it would be an option after I would select Play, but it goes straight to the movie...It's probably right under my nose, and I'm completely missing it. x.x

nathalie
February 19th, 2006, 10:45 PM
*hmm*

With our DVD player, if the movie starts to play immidiate, we just press the "menu" button on the controller, and then we get the whole menu, with languages, sound, subtitles, extra's, etc ...

Keite
February 19th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Nope...still don't see it. x.x I did manage, though, to somehow put it in French. It popped up suddenly and said "Disney's ROI LION." X>

Bahati
February 19th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I believe the original version is selectable in the sound settings.

nathalie
February 19th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Oh yeah, the Region 1 DVD might have that differently.

We always have DTS / DB / etc. standing with the "language".

Keite
February 19th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Y'know, I think I might just have it...
Thanks, everyone! n.n

nathalie
February 19th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Sooo, how did you find it and where? hehe

Keite
February 19th, 2006, 11:15 PM
YES, HAHAHAHA! I got it! :D:D I love you both, you're my heroes for today.

I went to Set up, then Film/Audio options, and selected English something or other underneath Original Theatrical Release. You guys are brilliant. :D
Thanks very very much! n.n

nathalie
February 19th, 2006, 11:17 PM
*lol* the times other people then my boyfriend said "I love you" ...

I should get a buck for each time, I'd be rich now.

:lol:

Vidan
February 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure why it should be described as the Original Theatrical Version when it is the same as the Special Edition, without The Morning Report. All of the updated animation and effects as well as remastered audio are there. It's slightly misleading. Obviously the disc wouldn't be able to fit both the original film and the Special Edition, but it would be interesting to quickly compare scenes to see where they updated the animation. The closest way to watch the Original Theatrical Version would be to obtain the original VHS.

I suppose it's more of a nitpick as the original question has been answered. :lol:

Originally posted by nathalie
*lol* the times other people then my boyfriend said "I love you" ...

I should get a buck for each time, I'd be rich now.

:lol:

You should keep score. Count how many times other people tell you "I love you," then how many times your boyfriend says it. If other people say it to you more, charge him a euro each for the difference! :p

Sharifu
February 21st, 2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Vidan
The closest way to watch the Original Theatrical Version would be to obtain the original VHS.

Hmm... How about the laser disc? I need a laser disc player!!

This Land
February 21st, 2006, 12:31 PM
Question was here a little while ago, but the thread maker told me to delete that.

Sorry, My Bad :eww:

Well things seem to be aswered now :D

nathalie
February 21st, 2006, 01:42 PM
Well yeah, VHS, but my VHS ... isn't really much alive anymore, haha

Oh Vidan, Bart is going to paaaaaay !! :lol: *ahum*

soulImbibe
February 22nd, 2006, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu

The laserdisc rocks.

Well, except for video quality. DVD is still better in that regard.

nathalie
February 22nd, 2006, 09:48 AM
Speaking of laserdisc, is it possible to record from laserdisc to DVD/VHS?

(just a question I've been dying to ask, haha)

Sharifu
February 22nd, 2006, 11:40 AM
Yeah I think you can.

I really want to get a laserdisc player though... I have TLK laserdisc.

I would like to get the Balto laserdisc too... Since that's the only way to see Balto in widescreen... :mad: Because ya know, it's not like the DVD could be released in widescreen. :rolleyes:

Vidan
February 22nd, 2006, 11:42 AM

I forgot about that. =P I have 5 of them lying around somewhere, but I don't have a laserdisc player either.

nathalie
February 22nd, 2006, 12:09 PM
I recently got that special box, just to "have", you know, haha, since I don't have a player eather.

Therefor, it'd be cool if someone could record it onto DVD / VHS, hehe ^^

Gypsy
February 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
I didn't know the original Lion King without mourning report was even on the DVD! Thats pleasing, now I don't have to re-buy the VHS (my VHS machine won't even accept my Lion King VHS, it's too worn out, it just spits it back out at me :lol: )

SIMBAtheENIGMA
February 22nd, 2006, 08:12 PM
Can you even get Lazer Disk players :lol:

I wish i had TLK on Lazer Disk :p *hehe* Just for the fun of it, that and Lazer Disk sounds better than DVD or VHS :bleen:

nathalie
February 22nd, 2006, 08:14 PM
You're confusing me *blinks*

Is laser with an S or a Z :p

On e-bay you can still find players.

Vidan
February 23rd, 2006, 04:10 AM
Amazingly enough they're rather expensive. I know laserdisc never really become widespread (it was more of a luxary commidity) but it seems like they're just as expensive as they were when they came out.

SIMBAtheENIGMA
February 23rd, 2006, 08:35 AM
You're confusing me *blinks*

Is laser with an S or a Z :p

On e-bay you can still find players.

Thats my bad :P *hehe* Correction:

Laser :cheese:

I've only known 1 person who owns a Laserdisk player *hehe* I was like --> :wow:

soulImbibe
February 24th, 2006, 04:00 AM
I got my LD player a couple years ago for $63 delivered off Ebay. However, unlike DVD players the quality from LD is proportional to the amount you spend on a player. Certain high-end models sell for hundreds of dollars.

ThiagoPE
February 24th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I would like to get the Balto laserdisc too... Since that's the only way to see Balto in widescreen...

NO, you?re wrong! Latin American dvd is widescreen and is also encoded for region 1, so you can watch ba?lto in widescreen importing it from here.

Originalmente postado por nathalie
Therefor, it'd be cool if someone could record it onto DVD / VHS, hehe ^^[/quote]

Really is, a friend of me converted the laser disc to dvd, and

ThiagoPE
February 24th, 2006, 09:58 AM
I would like to get the Balto laserdisc too... Since that's the only way to see Balto in widescreen...

NO, you?re wrong! Latin American dvd is widescreen and is also encoded for region 1, so you can watch ba?lto in widescreen importing it from here.

Originalmente postado por nathalie
Therefor, it'd be cool if someone could record it onto DVD / VHS, hehe ^^[/quote]

Really is, a friend of me converted the laser disc to dvd, and IS AMAZING WATCH THE LION KING IN THE WAY IT WAS REALLY MADE!!!!!! ALSO THE EXTRAS ROCKS!

So,if you have a laser disc, keep it, because it is a rare pearl!.

nathalie
February 27th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Cool !

Someone out there who can do the same for me ? hehe
Region 1 or 2 or 4, doesn't matter :p

(and are the South America versions available in North America?)

ThiagoPE
March 1st, 2006, 10:26 PM
Cool !

Someone out there who can do the same for me ? hehe
Region 1 or 2 or 4, doesn't matter :p

If you lived near me, i could send you the discs via mail... but i plan put dome of the extras of it in xvid on thpe.net., so you could watch it.

(and are the South America versions available in North America?)

Avalaible no, but you can always import it (sometimes importing it could be cheaper than bought you own version!)

nathalie
March 2nd, 2006, 08:52 AM
Cool, if you wanna put parts on-line :D