PDA

View Full Version : More Lion King

CMNeir
February 15th, 2006, 04:46 AM
What do you guys think? Do you think they should make another sequel? A 3rd one to the collection. I don't count the 1 1/2 movie as number 3, but if you do then, number 4 then i hope they make. I would like to see more Lion Kings done only if it has the same actors and everything.

What ideas do you guys have for a sequel? Maybe a prequel even?

Sadiki
February 15th, 2006, 05:15 AM
I think a movie from Childhood of Mufasa and Scar would be interesting... but they are not going to make it, they already said that they are not going to make forth one.. it gonna stay as trilogy... even thought most of great movie series have been trilogies ;)

CMNeir
February 15th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Where did they say they arenot going to make another one? I'd like to see it, never found anywhere were they said they weren't. Disney is making all the sequels for all these other movies... They should more of this one, Lion King grossed the most money in theaters for them.

Sadiki
February 15th, 2006, 05:23 AM
I think Fuzzy found that out when he was working for Disney.

HasiraKali
February 15th, 2006, 05:33 AM
They're actually not makeing any more sequels period. After the ones that are done/almost done are released that's it. Frankly, I don't want another TLK film. Three is enough. If they want to do anything, I'd love an official film of the stage show. ;)

CMNeir
February 15th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Do you know where i could find the thread or post on that?

unregistered user
February 15th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Sure, why not?

HasiraKali
February 15th, 2006, 05:37 AM
It was on Animated-News.com a few weeks ago. It was also on various business websites. I didn't save the links though.

Sharifu
February 15th, 2006, 05:39 AM
I think the 1 1/2 title is just embarrassing.

Jeez.

Like STM said, a prequel about Mufasa and Scar would be neat. But Disney would never do it. (I don't really care though... I would only want it if they did a good job on it and made it a little more serious like the first movie.)

CMNeir
February 15th, 2006, 07:10 AM
yea, same. The first one we just great. But i would like to see another one though.

Mizani
February 15th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I doubt it. They've gotten enough money out of the three movies, and I think a prequel about Mufasa and Scar is just a fans dream:uhno:

CMNeir
February 15th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Yea... maybe some fan will make a comic or do something with it, but who knows. Maybe some day in the distant future they may make one. One could only hope.

Ashara
February 15th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I'd LOVE if they made one on Taka and Muffy when they were cubs. They obviously won't do it, though.....:rolleyes:

King Mufasa
February 15th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Maybe it is because i am new and such, but who is Taka and Muffy?

HasiraKali
February 15th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Taka is Scar and Muffy is short for Mufasa.

King Mufasa
February 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Ahhhhh, now i get it, but i don't know how you got taka for the name of Scar? But whatever.

HasiraKali
February 15th, 2006, 03:23 PM
The name Taka comes from one of the Six New Adventures books called "Tale of Two Brothers". They're official Disney books. :)

nathalie
February 15th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I hope they're not thinking about making a new movie.
SP was kind of good, 1 1/2 was a good laugh, but the graphics and drawings sometimes *eww*

Unless they hire all original artists back to draw it.

Gypsy
February 15th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I'd love to see a prequel of Mufasa and Scar growing up, but only if it was taken seriously like the first Lion King, and Jeremy Irons and Rowan Atkinson returned to their roles (along with everyone else of course). And it had a better soundtrack than the two sequels.

It's never gonna happen though, which is a shame. I'd love to see a film explaining what exactly made Scar so jealous and what made him hate his brother enough to kill him. It would also be interesting to see the buffalo incident where Taka turned into Scar on screen. It could overall be a brilliant piece of film, but only if it was approached and made right, like the original.

nathalie
February 15th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Well, I think the part where he would never could become king, made him quite jealous ^_^

Gypsy
February 15th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah but something must of drove him to it. I mean Prince Henry will never be king, but he isn't planning to kill his brother Andrew (As far as I know anyway)

nathalie
February 15th, 2006, 05:08 PM
1 person can carry more hate then the other I suppose.

Kopa
February 15th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I'd really like a prequal about Muffy and Taka. That would be interesting but like others have said 'Disney won't do it'. A sequal to Simba's Pride would be kinda scary because well maybe not but they did mess up on some things in SP. The characters all looked different in 2. In 1 1/2 they did a good job on the animation but it wasn't really a movie I liked, it sorta ruined some of my favorite parts from the first film. Sooo what I guess I'm trying to say is that they could probably pull off a prequal to TLK. Disney did good on Bambi 2 ( I know Bambi 2 isn't a prequal) and Bambi was made 64 years ago. Um yeah well sorry I kinda mumbled a bit there :hehe: Anyway we all know that Disney won't make a prequal.

Katse
February 15th, 2006, 07:48 PM
My analysis on the previous sequels...

SP= Practically the first attempt at any "real serious" film, let alone a sequel. The people who made SP barely knew anything about movie making, let alone making one to compare to the highest grossing movie of our time.

TLK 1 1/2: A parody movie, which means it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. This was the result of a common formula used by corporations: milk what's good for all their worth and then some.

As much as I'm interested in learning about Scar's and Mufas'a childhood, I'd rather not there be a sequel. There's tons of fanfictions and even a book Disney released about some of their childhood. Leave the movie alone, leave what happens to the fans' imaginations.

Simbaspirit
February 15th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Fuzzy worked for Disney??? SWEET!!!!!

King Mufasa
February 15th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Another reason Scar would be angry is because Simba was born and just kicked him out of a chance to be King after Mufasa.

Nephilim
February 15th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah, so long as it's Scar/Mufasa incest slash.

But maybe that's just me.

Sombolia
February 16th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Yeah, so long as it's Scar/Mufasa incest slash.

But maybe that's just me.

Aha! I'd watch that. Infact, it'd probably be the only reason I'd watch a prequel..

TakaTiger
February 16th, 2006, 01:13 AM
i wouldnt mind a PREQUIL... but no kiara... pppllleeeeaaassseee!

her laughs make me want to punch Babies

Nicoga
February 16th, 2006, 03:25 AM
I'd be interested in a prequel. I never got to read any of the books on Muffy/Scar's childhood, so maybe I wouldn't be the only one to finally see something about the baby brothers. It could explain why Scar even has a scar. That question haunts me to this very day. :gasp: And looking at Mufasa now, I wonder how he got the way he is. He seems authoritive, yet has a youth to him that you only see a few rare times in the first movie. I'd love to see how he acted as an adolescent!

In other words, I'd think it would be kewl. :D

Nephilim
February 16th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Nicoga
I never got to read any of the books on Muffy/Scar's childhood, so maybe I wouldn't be the only one to finally see something about the baby brothers. It could explain why Scar even has a scar. That question haunts me to this very day. :gasp:

o rly? (http://www.nala.at/scripts/archivereader.asp?dir=/Downloads/Images/Books/aToTB)

Vidan
February 16th, 2006, 01:23 PM
^ The above is a link. I was too dense to notice it at first. :lol:

Originally posted by TakaTiger
i wouldnt mind a PREQUIL... but no kiara...

Hmm, Prequil. For some reason, cough-medicine came to mind. I don't think Kiara would work very well as cough medicine. :p

Seriously, unless the story were very compelling, at least on the same level as the original movie, and the animation was consistent and on the level of at least Simba's Pride, then I'd be pretty cynical about another sequel. I think they should leave good enough alone. They failed to make TLK 1 1/2 (3) a memorable addition to the saga, and I doubt that anything short of almost the entire original staff getting back together would make such a project worthwhile.

Atimon
February 16th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Vidan
I think they should leave good enough alone. They failed to make TLK 1 1/2 (3) a memorable addition to the saga, and I doubt that anything short of almost the entire original staff getting back together would make such a project worthwhile.

Amen on that.
Don't get me wrong, I also know that TLK 1.5 was a parody and should not be taken seriously..but to be honest..I don't think TLK - the original movie - is a good movie to make a parody of. The movie was fine and ebarassing itself, it didn't need a comedy-version, especially not on Timon's back.
I like Timon and normally should be happy about this...'Timon-movie', but if I want to see him falling on his nose, amusing kids by just being the clown unvoluntarily I could just watch a Timon & Pumbaa episode as well..So for me, TLK 1.5 does not count as an official TLK movie at all. But that is and will be my opinion, I guess..:ayecapn:

So, to sum it all up, no more TLK movies for me, please... even though I think a movie about Mufasa & Scar could be quite interesting. :uhno:

King Mufasa
February 16th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I feel the same way, i do not count 1 1/2 to be a an official movie.

Bt i would liek to see another movie though it seems that you do not.

- O and Nephilim thanks for that link, i just finished reading that book. Answers a few questions.

Ashara
February 16th, 2006, 03:01 PM
This is random, and yes, I'm rambling, but I don't see Taka getting a scar from a buffalo. That would probably smash his head in! I've always gone with the idea that Ahadi got mad with him one day, and well....

Krypto
February 16th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by King Mufasa
What do you guys think? Do you think they should make another sequel? A 3rd one to the collection. I don't count the 1 1/2 movie as

1 1/2 is the best! I love 1 1/2. Nowadays, I'd watch 1 1/2 before I'd watch either of the others. I used to be more serious and dour, but now I'll take a comedy over anything else anyday! Especially one that's set in the world of the Lion King! :cheese: And it's not like it's completely lacking serious moments and emotion-it's just that moments which entail that sort of stuff are quickly followed by a joke (we should be so lucky in our lives! :D)

Atimon
February 16th, 2006, 05:53 PM
*lol* :lol:

That's a very positive point of view.
Well...I started loving Timon's character because of the first movie, the original, just because of the way he was in there, cheeky, but still very loyal, too, funny - but by things he said, he did, not by falling on his nose all the time like in the episodes or the third movie, if you can understand what I want to point out - and because he's just extremely cute, of course. xD
I just don't like they way his character developed during the last few years through Disney very much, that's the problem.
Of course, this third movie can make you laugh, but trust me, after 168 T&P episodes you don't laugh about Timon being the unvoluntary clown anymore, at least I didn't ;)
But tastes are different, and I think that's fine.

And King Mufasa, I wanted to point out, that I think a movie about Mufasa and Scar would be very interesting to watch, but I just don't want Disney to produce another TLK movie because I am not too happy with the latest movies and their stories and animation and so I hope they just won't produce anything linked to TLK until their movies are on the same level as they were some years ago, the movies Disney got famous with, the movies everybody loved.
I don't need a sequel to every single Disney movie that has ever been produced, I don't need a crappy animation in those sqeuels as well as a cheap storyline - but it seems like enough people do so, otherwise Disney would not get enough money to continue producing one sequel after another instead of producing a movie with good animation (and I am not talking about 3D animation here), a good storyline and characters with this depth we know from all the old movies, this depth that just makes you love those characters, for example our beloved tlk characters from '94. :ayecapn: :cheese:

King Mufasa
February 16th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Yea... LK 1 was great, then LK2 was alittle worse, but oky, and LK 1/2 was not so good in my opinion. They have been getting worse... Maybe in a few years they could try it? idk, cause yea, Disney is making a lot of sequels to their older movies and it is just weird. Why do it. You'll ruin it and they have been with their sequels.

Nephilim
February 16th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Ashara
This is random, and yes, I'm rambling, but I don't see Taka getting a scar from a buffalo. That would probably smash his head in! I've always gone with the idea that Ahadi got mad with him one day, and well....

Oh you know, weird things happen in accidents. For example, on Trauma a man fell from a two story roof and had no injuries other than a bruise or two, and yet one of my mum's friend tripped as he got out of his car and broke both of his knees, one of his leg and an ankle. Odd indeed.

But eh, getting his head smashed in does explain some things. :ayecapn:

Kiara Serengeti
February 16th, 2006, 06:49 PM
I hated 1 1\2...and I'd want any sequel\prequel to be GOOOOOD. I'd like a Scar\Mufasa prequel, if it were well done.

Krypto
February 16th, 2006, 08:50 PM
All in all, there probably will be another Lion King movie. And all in all, <in the voice of M.L.K.> it doesn't matter, because we won't allow it to change the Lion King for us. Because the Lion King isn't a movie that we watch till the credits. It isn't something that other people created. The Lion King is a spirit, an idea that lives within us: the true fans. :lol: Wait, that didn't make sense. :lol:

But I'd say that the chances are very good that they will make another Lion King. I bet it'll be awesome. And as much as I know that this is a wildly uncommon thing to say, I have to admit that I think that another one like 1 1/2 wouldn't be bad at all, if they do make another Lion King film. But I think that we can all agree that another well done, serious Lion King would be absolutely wondrous. :browlift:

King Mufasa
February 16th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Yea, i want one like the first, that is serious, has some dramatic moments like when Mufasa died and everything. They got stories they can do. Like Mufasa and Taka and then Taka goign to Scar and everything and how Mufasa's dad died. How Mufasa met Zazu, and all those other characters.

Katse
February 17th, 2006, 12:00 AM
I highly doubt about Disney making another TLK movie. Sequels in general are no longer going to be done after the releases of the already in production sequels. New management in Animation is making that if a movie is worthy enough to have a sequel, it will be treated as such and done by the Feature Animators, like Rescuers Down Under. Not that I'm saying TLK isn't worthy of a sequel(far from it), but I think that enough is enough and the story will be left alone.

Simbaspirit
February 17th, 2006, 02:41 AM
anything is fine with me:p. as long as they come up with a whole lotta merchandise:)

Sudi
February 18th, 2006, 05:20 AM
I wouldn't want Disney to make another TLK film, it should stay as a trilogy. I just wouldn't want TLK to end up like the Land Before Time series were it seemed like they came out with a new movie every couple of months.

King Mufasa
February 18th, 2006, 05:36 AM
I don't really count 1 1/2 as the third. ITs more of just a parody of the first nothing more. But they could do something where like in that book of Tale of Two Brothers start out where they left off in LK 2 and have the story be told and then have flashback to Mufasa and Taka as kids and everything. That would be something to see.

Krypto
February 18th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Sudi
I wouldn't want Disney to make another TLK film, it should stay as a trilogy. I just wouldn't want TLK to end up like the Land Before Time series were it seemed like they came out with a new movie every couple of months.

That's precisely how I feel about it. :cheese:

King Mufasa, I think that sounds great! But it does seem to me that they might have a lot of Kovu/Kiara stuff and not a lot of Simba stuff if they did that. And we can't have that, now can we? :lol: Though I suppose that it wouldn't have to be like that. I'm sure that they could find a way to balance having lots of main chracters.:D

Hickoro Lioness
February 18th, 2006, 03:27 PM
My Dad told me that since Disney bought Pixar they're never
making any animated movies again. :(

Dare
February 18th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Hickoro Lioness

Then I believe your dad is exaggerating just a bit. Actually, from what I've been hearing from the animating sector, things are looking up for 2D animation now that John Lasseter is holding the reigns.

As for more Lion King...well, ever hear the expression "too much of a good thing"?
Three movies is a good amount for me...it's a trilogy. Four movies is too much. The Lion King has had it's time and now it's time to move on to other more original things.

As far as I'm concerned, making sequels and prequels is just Disney beating a dead horse and as much as the original story may have been YAY!, I'd hate for TLK to catch LBT symdrome (The Land Before Time syndrome).

Fortunately, like HasiraKali said, it would appear that the sequel vomit of Disney is ending.

nathalie
February 18th, 2006, 03:52 PM

Disney already made 3-D stuff and also decided to quit 2-D before they bought Pixar.

Krypto
February 19th, 2006, 05:41 AM

As it's already been said, Disney was already planning to make the switch to computer stuff. As it hasn't already been said, (I've read that) Disney's animation studio actually already closed! :eww:

But I didn't hear that things might be looking up for it! That's fits well in my ear! :D Though I do have to admit that I think that pushing Disney into new territory is what Mr. Disney would have wanted. As I've learned in Disney World, that's what made him famous and kept him so: doing things with animation that nobody else did. So, I don't think he'd want to sit on the same thing for very long. :cheese:

Dare
February 23rd, 2006, 11:14 PM
Please forgive the minor segue, but...
for those of you who haven't heard...

yoinked from IMDB (http://imdb.com/news/sb/2006-02-22/#1)

The Walt Disney Co. is planning to revive traditional hand-drawn animation next year with its live-action/animated Enchanted, Disney watcher Jim Hill reported on his website today (Wednesday). A traditionally animated test sequence has already been created for the film by veteran Disney animator James Baxter, best known for his supervision of the character Belle in Beauty and the Beast, according to Hill. "And those who have seen this particular piece of rough animation say that it is 'simply stunning. A wonderful throwback to the sort of films that Disney used to make.'" Baxter, Hill said, has been secretly working on the sequence with a small crew at his own studio in Pasadena, and, he added, his work is likely to be displayed by Pixar's John Lasseter and Ed Catmull as they make their well-known case for reviving hand-drawn animation to Disney chief Robert Iger. Said Hill: "They're going to tell Iger: 'Doesn't that look terrific? People are really going to eat this picture up. They've been waiting for Disney to do a new film that features traditional animation. Which is why this movie is going to do HUGE box office next year.'"

So there is hope.
*nodnods*

Katse
February 23rd, 2006, 11:21 PM
...And for those that don't read my posts... :rolleyes:

Thank you, Wicked.:-)

W-Eyed-Wanderer
February 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Can't we go back in time to before TLK had any sequels?

I don't even see SP as a TLK film, it's a parody of the first one...plus there are so many glaring errors in it that it just becomes an insult to TLK.

As for any new films I don't think they could ever live up to the first one, and I'm not just saying that to sound like an old git. There is just a level of care and attention to detail in the first film which has never been matched in the sequels...

So there...:o just my two pence :-)

Nephilim
February 25th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
I don't even see SP as a TLK film, it's a parody of the first one...plus there are so many glaring errors in it that it just becomes an insult to TLK.

Um... SP a parody. Examples?

Krypto
February 25th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer As for any new films I don't think they could ever live up to the first one, and I'm not just saying that to sound like an old git. There is just a level of care and attention to detail in the first film which has never been matched in the sequels...

But it's not as if the first was perfect-though I suppose the idea of perfect differs between individuals. But it is true that there are a few instances during which aspects of the animation of the first movie is indefensibly wild.

Huma
February 26th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Instead of new movie, I would enjoy much more a offically published the lion king novel start from time of Ahadi by collaborated work of Disney and certain fanfiction authors. It would be something to pass down to future generation even long after the movies faded.

W-Eyed-Wanderer
February 26th, 2006, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Um... SP a parody. Examples?

Maybe not so much a parody, but the parallels in the plots of the two movies just get annoying after a while. That and the fact there are so many continuity errors. You can see what they were trying to do; relate it to the 'Circle of Life' but, for me at least, they should have just tried to make the new film more different.

Obviously I'm biased towards the first film...I know some people have more of an affinity to SP but it will always feel a bit 'second best' as far as I'm concerned. ...Apart from 'He Lives In You'. It's a real shame that wasn't in the first film as it's one of the best, if not the best TLK song for me.

:hmm:

King Mufasa
February 27th, 2006, 02:20 AM
I want a movie done on Mufasa, lol. Like have it kind fo be like that book i read. Rafiki tells the story to Simba's daughter and then it goes into a flashback and then its like a movie and everything with Scar and Mufasa and how they grew up and ow Mufasa got to be the king he was, how Ahadi died, and how Scar became Scar. I'd love to see something like that. That to me would be considered a third film. As for SB yea it was kind of like LK alot, same beginning and stuff like that, but it was no parady. IT was alright except for some parts.