PDA

View Full Version : Bambi II

Broken
February 10th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I didn't see any thread for this movie yet. I just now finished watching it. I must say it was alot better than I had expected! It was beautifully animated, it didn't fill in any gaps at all. I would venture to say, it's the best sequil yet! It is definatly worth a look at!!
It starts with Bambi calling for his mother, and running into the Great Prince (his Dad- Patrick Stewart) and gose on from there to spring, the first movie was 2 springs after the death of his mom (yeah- note his antlers, yearlings don't have those >.>;; )

Kovu The Lion
February 10th, 2006, 06:47 PM
;_____; *never knew this* Theres a bambi 2? Oo....

*is sooo lost * >D Or is it an old movie? >)

Only-now
February 10th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Wow...Bambi. I haven't seen that movie in FOREVER. I can't watch something that compete with Kiva's cuteness! It's an outrage!

Well, actually...cute little fawns/deer scare me! *cries* :emo:

nathalie
February 10th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Really old news about Bambi II KtL, hehe

Anyways, I haven't seen it yet.
Over here it comes in the theater first.

I did see some parts on TV (commercials) and on the Bambi DVD, and knowing Andreas Deja worked on it aswell, the drawings couldn't possibly be as bad as other sequels.

Although I found the first Bambi extremely boring, I'd love to see Bambi II.

Broken
February 10th, 2006, 06:50 PM
It was just reliesed... Febuary 7th... I wasted no time in buying it.

unregistered user
February 10th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Doesnt this belong in the swamp? :E

And i dont think i will see it, seeing the first one made me cry :'( ;)

Broken
February 10th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Boos
Doesnt this belong in the swamp? :E

And i dont think i will see it, seeing the first one made me cry :'( ;)

Oops! You are right! I wasn't paying attention to where I was posting!

This movie isn't too sad- but it's cute... I just loved the animation and Patrick Stewart :evilgrin:

Kovu The Lion
February 10th, 2006, 06:56 PM
ahh.. No wonder I didn't know about it :P I 'll DL it or rent it or something *Shrugs* Bambi was a good movie, can't expect nothing else from this one :p

Aurelian
February 10th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I'de move it, but I don't seem to have mod powers over this particular thread. :confused:

Edit: Alright, whomever just moved this confused the heck out of me! :eek:

nathalie
February 10th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Ooh, it's already in the Swamp ... sorry, forget to mention.

Linkie
February 10th, 2006, 08:39 PM
It isn't out in the UK yet (i think),but i will prob see it,i liked the first movie.

Nicoga
February 10th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but it looks soooo cute! The animation and voices sound great! The look of The Prince is really interesting. Attractive, for a buck. :D

Ashara
February 11th, 2006, 03:18 AM
I just saw it yesterday. I'd been dying to see it because at finally Ronno was a major-ish character in the movie. It was really good for a second movie.

Simbaspirit
February 11th, 2006, 05:54 AM
i'd really like to see it.:D

TakaTiger
February 11th, 2006, 06:34 AM
hearing all this good stuff about it kinda makes me want to go see it now

Ashara
February 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Was I the only one that saw a Ronno/Kovu resemblence? Both having dark fur, and being sort of a bad character?

Katse
February 11th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I noticed that when I first saw Ronno and fell in love with his jerkwad cuteness.:D

I've been dying to see this movie, but I think I'll have to wait 'til my birthday to get it.:kiss:

Ashara
February 11th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Same here. ::Huggles Ronno:: I'm watching it again tomorrow with my friends. Yay...^_^

Kiara
February 12th, 2006, 12:22 AM
*is a little lost and late* There's a Bambi II?? :o
I never liked the first one, actually I barely remember what that movie was about ... I remember a fire and that rabbit ... Uh, is Bambi a boy or a girl? :confused:
My friend and I kinda track down Bambi I, and we both hate sequel movies so I don't think we will see this one either :p No ... Never liked Bambi, probably won't do it either sometime ...

Ashara
February 12th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I know what you mean....:huh: Bambi wasn't the best movie. Oh, and Bambi's a boy! :p The second one was actually better than the first, in my opinion. It actually stopped and showed what Bambi and his dad had to go through after his mom died.

Kopa
February 12th, 2006, 01:28 AM
I just watched it yesterday and I thought it was better than the first one. It's a good movie really. I enjoyed it ^_^ :cheese:

Scout The Playful Cub
February 12th, 2006, 03:13 AM
I loved this movie just bought it a few days ago I loved Ronno.

Katse
February 12th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Before TLK and all the other movies that I fawn over, my favorite movie was Bambi. Random fact, but did you know the original concept of TLK was said to be like, "Bambi in Africa?"

I finally got the movie last night and you wouldn't believe how and what happened (http://users.livejournal.com/katse_/9689.html) when I got it, but onto the review!:idea:

I found this to be one of the most likable and adorable sequels I've ever seen. It's right up there with Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch going sequel-wise. I find it amazing how they kept so true to every aspect of the movie, from the characters' attitudes to the backgrounds. Though, there was something about Faline that I found out of character. She didn't seem as giggly and bouncy as in the original(omgkiara).

Ronno has to be my favorite character, 'cause I'm just drawn to the baddies like that. I laughed so hard when I first heard him do his snorting laugh.x3

I also thoroughly enjoyed the emotional part of the movie. I was more close to crying in Bambi's dream sequence with his mother than with the near death scene.

Overall, I'd say this was a wonderful movie, one that I think would make even Walt, himself, proud. Kudos to Andreas and those wonderful peoples that worked on this!:D

Broken
February 13th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Ashara
Was I the only one that saw a Ronno/Kovu resemblence? Both having dark fur, and being sort of a bad character?
No... they are nothing alike! Ronno was the buck Bambi fought in the first movie >.> you guys are just obsessed. They where nothing alike *shakes head*

unregistered user
February 14th, 2006, 12:24 AM
WOW... Beautiful animation, storyline, etc., very perpendicular to the original. Something to the effect that Katse said of Bambi being a favorite, but even to this day Bambi is my favorite Disney movie. I think having Patrick Stewart as The Great Prince was an excellent choice.

Hmm... yes.... 'twas a good movie, indeed! And I think a personal favorite was well....

=)

Nephilim
February 14th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Heh. Proving, once again, that nothing is sacred.

Sombolia
February 14th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Broken
No... they are nothing alike! Ronno was the buck Bambi fought in the first movie >.> you guys are just obsessed. They where nothing alike *shakes head*

Yeah, rly. There are tons of dark, "sort of" bad characters.

Krypto
February 14th, 2006, 03:35 AM
I've never seen Bambi! So, I should probably make that journey before checking out the alleged sequel. :lol:

Ashara
February 14th, 2006, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Broken

Actually if you watch Bambi 2, he's one of the main characters. He also has the same hair color, a notch in his ear sort of like the scar Kovu gets, and a voice similarity.

Kopa
February 15th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Sonkakee
I think having Patrick Stewart as The Great Prince was an excellent choice.
Hmm... yes.... 'twas a good movie, indeed! And I think a personal favorite was well....

=)

I couldn't agree more! ;) :cheese: I really liked the movie as I mentioned earlier :p

Kovu The Lion
February 15th, 2006, 02:07 PM
(stupid brother)

I got the movie tonight and i will watch it :P

Azerane
February 15th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I always liked Bambi, and the Great Prince was always my favourite character and I always wanted to see more of him, so I will have to take a look at the sequal, it sounds like it would be very good, when reading the title of the thread I got worried because I thought it would pick up from where the first film left off, but I really like the concept behind this, I shall have to check it out.

Huma
February 16th, 2006, 12:25 AM
the movie's not too bad, but it was still a disappointment. it brought up the memory of old Bambi and old disney.

the old Bambi was an allegory. It was not aimed at certain value and didn't have so many cultural appendages. Its themes are timeless and contiune to develop through generations of audience. Versus to that, I feel the storyline of today's animated picture are too well-structured. The old Bambi is kinda long and boring and having so many irrelevant details, but it reflected its theme at the end - life can not be well-planed.
Now, I don't want to go a great length writing about this. why don't disney just stop making sequels, and fire all their professional writers, and let what good animators they have left to tell the story.

Katse
February 16th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Well, good news for you, Huma. With the new management at Disney Animation, no more sequels will be made after the releases of the ones that have already been in production. John Lasseter, the new head of Animation, feels that if a movie is worthy enough to get a sequel, it will be treated to by the Feature animators, like Rescuers Down Under was.

Second point, the animators and story artists are the professional writers. They've just been down graded by the hiring of "creative" executives under Micheal Eisner's rule over the company, who are suits who normally don't have a creative bone in their body and are the ones those writers have to go to in order to get their ideas approved. Because of the executives' lack of creativity and supposed know how on how to make a quick buck, that's why the feature films and sequels Disney dish out aren't good in the public eye. That, and we've just been spoiled by movies like TLK. However, rumour has it that the creative executives are no longer existent in the making of the movies and the jobs are given back to the appropriate people.

And as for story structures. Stories are now more complicated than they used to be because today's audience is more complicated. 'Nough said.;)

Kiara Serengeti
March 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I have to see it! I loved Bambi II, although I thought the Bambi\Faline romance was a little weak. I mostly loved the film for its beautiful portrayal of nature and extraordinary backgrounds

Ashara
March 7th, 2006, 01:29 AM
You're right....You could tell that Bambi and Faline were friends, but the romance was weak in the second one. Even in the beginning of the firsty one, it was obvious that there was a connection between Bambi and Faline.

Krypto
March 7th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Katse
With the new management at Disney Animation, no more sequels will be made after the releases of the ones that have already been in production.

You wouldn't happen to have a list of the sequels that are to be released would you? :-)

Tategami
March 7th, 2006, 05:43 PM
my friend sent it to me over AIM, made about 100+ screencaps from it ^^; they're gone now, but i can see if my friend still has it and cap certain sceens for you guys.

phoenix202020
March 19th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
;_____; *never knew this* Theres a bambi 2? Oo....

*is sooo lost * >D Or is it an old movie? >)

Yer, i never knew there was a Bambi 2.... you learn something new every day.... or do you?....

Kiara Serengeti
March 22nd, 2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Ashara
You're right....You could tell that Bambi and Faline were friends, but the romance was weak in the second one. Even in the beginning of the firsty one, it was obvious that there was a connection between Bambi and Faline.

Ooops, I just realized I wrote
I loved Bambi II, I meant to say I loved Bambi I :bleen:...I thought the romance was a little weak in the first one, namely because it seemed too CUTE.

Firestar
April 4th, 2006, 05:34 AM
I loved the sequel but I loved the original too. Most of the sequels have been not so good lately IMHO but this one was great.

What other sequels are coming? I know there's Fox and the Hound 2 coming out...

nathalie
April 4th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Brother Bear II will come soon too.

Sharifu
April 13th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Ahh I finally got to see Bambi II! I bought it when it first came out, but didn't really end up watching it until I got to go to my mom's house this last week. (Which is better anyways, she has a 50 inch widescreen TV with surround sound) ;) I had to buy the original Bambi on DVD because I was so little the last time I saw it. So first I watched the original Bambi again. Bambi II was a cute film. Very pretty animation. I liked it. I didn't think it was GREAT but I liked it. Cute and pretty. :p

Kiara Serengeti
August 26th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Review time.
http://i2.tinypic.com/25z1nvs.jpg

If I were to give it a rating I'd give it an 8 1\2 of 10 :) Which is really good for a Disney sequel!

I was, to borrow an old (and English) expression, I was "as pleased as punch" with this amazing film. Andrew Dejas really hit the nail on the head this time!

The animation style, though with sharper outlines and slightly more vivid coloring, really calls to mind the original. The character design of the Great Prince is magnificent. I was pleased with the Ronno\Bambi fight alluding to their adult fight; Ronno was a character in the book Bambi, but he appeared as a random buck in the original film. There was an intense rivalry between the two suggested in the book, and I was pleased to see at least part of Felix Salten's magnificent work emulated in the film. Which calls to mind another sad but interesting point of the book, which was used in the movie: the part where the hunter uses a fake deer call to trick Bambi. It is a sad scene, but helps you feel for the deer (albieit anthrophromorphized) and be angry at 'Man's Tricks'. Overall, the feel and style of the film is superb. I would've liked it to be a little longer and have a more focused plot, but heck. It's pretty good already, why tempt fate?

Patrick Stewart was GREAT as the Great Prince. He sounded a LOT like the original voice and just put sooo much life into the character.

Thumper was cute, but I think they tried to make him a little too cute. However, the Bambi\Thumper friendship is innocent and delightful. The voice for Thumper was fairly good (and the kid who voiced Thumper does look creepily like a rabbit!!)

Faline was delightful! I can't say if young Faline was true to her character in BII because her personality wasn't explored that much in the first film to begin with.

Ronno is great. No, he doesn't remind me of Kovu, IMHO. He's your classic, almost stereotyped bully, but the kid who voiced Ronno really put life into him. I like how Bambi eventually stood up to him.

I'd like to see more of Mena. She seems like a nice character.

I've never liked Flower, never will, and I thought the voice-casting was poor, but not horrible. The kid tried.

~Fin~

*sue*
September 20th, 2006, 07:27 PM
i felt like bambi2 was more modern than the first one (which i thought was better) i cried so much when i saw it for the first time lmao

the voices were great and i think they all matched the characters in the movie. the sound trcak was the best i think and i have the who album on my ipod :)

the story line was SO much better than the first one and its my second fav movie so far! it also has some good scenes in it that realy get u shouting at the screen (yes i was very emotional when i watched it) :'(

I liked the way it used parts from the first movie like the fight with bambi and ronno, same actions as the first movie, and the way Mena says "run bambi run...." the same way bambis mam said to him when she was running away from the hunter but never made it *cries* so sad!

so anyway hope you enjoy watchin, one of the best disney sequels ever! ;)

Sam//x*
January 3rd, 2007, 12:02 PM
Hiya Moosie(*Sue*) !! Its Sam lol :D .

Any way Bambi 2 is great one of the best sequels which i think most disney films have. Flower is the Best character is this movie,it has to be said, i love it when he finds his inner stength just adorable!! oh yeah and the might flower fights of the mean dogs all by himself, He's A Hero!!!! :D Love The Film, Hope everybody enjoys watching it xxx See Yah xx

*sue*
January 3rd, 2007, 06:41 PM
it was released last year (happi new year btw) and me and my best friend thought it was out in febuary (in america) so we woundered why it wasnt in the shop (yes we are both blonde) but it is well worth seeing!

It is so cute, the animation is great! the voices match really good to the characters to!

Stormfury
January 5th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by *sue*
hope you enjoy watchin, one of the best disney sequels ever! ;)

I think that too. :fini:

Anyango
January 19th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Yet another newer Disney sequel that I really loved and enjoyed. This one is a perfect adaptation to the original film. The beautiful artwork and great acting just made it very pleasing to watch and listen to. It's one of thee best sequels ever made from Disney.

Ronno Fanatic
February 10th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Krypto
You wouldn't happen to have a list of the sequels that are to be released would you? :-)

I think I do, at least, I know some rumors.

Cinderella 3: A twist in time **out now**

Bambi's Children **rumor/in production**

Brother Bear 2 **out now**

Dumbo 2 **dead rumor/unreleased**

Pinnochio 2 **dead rumor/unreleased**

Sleeping Beauty 2 **rumor/in production**

Kiara Serengeti
April 12th, 2007, 12:28 AM
But Sleeping Beauty lived happily ever after...