PDA

View Full Version : does anyone here own any of the merchandise from balto ?

lionkinglover
January 18th, 2013, 02:49 PM
does anyone here have anything on this movie about a wolf dog ? i do ! :kovusmile:

i have :

i just started collecting balto merchindise this year , so it's kinda small. :(

- balto 3 pack DVD that has balto and 2 other flims
- sitting jenna plush ( # 1 but she never came was scammed )
- sitting jenna plush # 2
- sitting balto plush
- balto the hero book printout
- balto the movie storybook
- balto coloring printouts
- balto 15 film clippings from the trailer
- balto US press kit
- balto 8 germen lobby cards

KanuTGL
January 18th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Balto merchandise is hard to come by; well done for managing to get a hold of that much xD The only real item I have is a sort of bubble-bath bottle topper in the shape of Balto's head that my mum got for me when the film was first released. I've never seen anything like it since, but I'm sure there was one of Jenna and one of Boris too... I'd love to find at least pictures of them, just so I know they actually do exist xD

Could you post some pictures of your items perhaps? I'd love to see :D

lionkinglover
January 18th, 2013, 03:36 PM
wait you used to own them ? :( darn. i wanted to see what the bubble bath looked like. good thing you had it when the flim came out. and thank you. all of this stuff i got was'nt cheap eiether. and yeah it's hard to find this stuff. would you like me to take some pictures of my items ?

nathalie
January 18th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I've only seen Balto, about 5 years ago for the first time I think (at least, that's what my memory is making me believe at this time, lol) o_O

So I only own the first movie.
I thought about getting the others, but drawings didn't look so appealing to me, like a Disney sequel.

Are the sequels to Balto any good?

I just love the movie because is based on a true story.

lionkinglover
January 18th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I've only seen Balto, about 5 years ago for the first time I think (at least, that's what my memory is making me believe at this time, lol) o_O

So I only own the first movie.
I thought about getting the others, but drawings didn't look so appealing to me, like a Disney sequel.

Are the sequels to Balto any good?

I just love the movie because is based on a true story.

the drawings are'nt the best in the sequals but i thought the sequals were pretty good.:D and there were tons of stuff released for the movie. see here : http://www.animationsource.org/balto/en/articles/known_balto_merchandise/213667.html&id_film=10 and i have pictures of my balto stuff ! :psst:

lionkinglover
January 18th, 2013, 04:27 PM
more pictures

KanuTGL
January 18th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Cool, I always wanted one of the plushies, but I'm not really willing to pay the huge amounts they go for, so I'll keep admiring them from afar xD

And I still have the Balto bubble bath thing; it's so nicely sculpted that I wouldn't want to get rid of it :3 And he's been very loved through the years... I've had to repaint the nose so far xD

And Nathalie, the sequels aren't nearly as good as the original. Though the third film really isn't so bad, the second one has nothing to do with the original whatsoever storywise. And like LKL said, the animation really is... low-budget, to put it nicely xP

nathalie
January 18th, 2013, 05:12 PM
So it's basicly like a bad Disney sequel :p hehe

I'll try not to watch it, so it won't ruin the first one for me.
Makes me wanna watch it ... if only I could find my DVD.

lionkinglover
January 18th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Cool, I always wanted one of the plushies, but I'm not really willing to pay the huge amounts they go for, so I'll keep admiring them from afar xD

And I still have the Balto bubble bath thing; it's so nicely sculpted that I wouldn't want to get rid of it :3 And he's been very loved through the years... I've had to repaint the nose so far xD

And Nathalie, the sequels aren't nearly as good as the original. Though the third film really isn't so bad, the second one has nothing to do with the original whatsoever storywise. And like LKL said, the animation really is... low-budget, to put it nicely xP

could you maybe take a picture of it ? i've been dieing to see what it looks like. hehe. and there was a boris bubble bath thing too. and it's ridciulous how much the plushies and even the figures go for. :-_- and i dunno why , but i like wolfquest better then the 3rd movie. :P

So it's basicly like a bad Disney sequel :p hehe

I'll try not to watch it, so it won't ruin the first one for me.
Makes me wanna watch it ... if only I could find my DVD.
yeah kinda., and lol that's a good idea. :D i hope you find your DVD. XD

the sitting balto i got for 55 bucks , the sitting jenna i got for 120.

lionkinglover
January 20th, 2013, 02:22 PM
i just got these in a trade. :)

- balto KFC figureine
- balto fan made keyring
- handmade steele sculpture