PDA

View Full Version : Reconnecting members

Azerane
April 21st, 2011, 03:06 AM
I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for brain storming members of Lea. I know there is probably many that have been lost in the crash and weren't really connected with anybody. So I'm suggesting some brainstorming.

If you can think of someone, e-mail them and then write their name down here. Then we know who has been contacted already. If you can think of a member but can't find any contact details, list them and someone else may have a way of getting in touch with them :)

I've e-mailed ClearGreenWater, Liney and Kiva. And messaged Shatara on msn, but no response yet :p

If someone could contact Revo, that would be awesome.

Revo
April 21st, 2011, 09:18 AM
If someone could contact Revo, that would be awesome.
No such need :) . I've been aware of everything that's been happening, I just didn't bother to register on the temporary emergency forum Feral created. Thanks for the consideration anyway.

Azerane
April 21st, 2011, 12:25 PM
No worries, I understand that. Good to have you with us :D

Sadiki
April 21st, 2011, 04:59 PM
You little lurker you. What comes to reconnecting. I have Lea's address on my MSN page which I mostly have only people from Lea. Might be a few people from somewhere else and of course friends and family who are well aware of the place anyways. XD

What comes to advertising in other medias. I think I leave it up to you guys. Thought I do think we should contact owner of Lionking.org so we could add Lea on the list of forums.

Nuduli
April 21st, 2011, 05:04 PM
lionking.org would be a great place to advertise I think!

Dare
April 21st, 2011, 05:37 PM
lionking.org would be a great place to advertise I think!

Seconded!

Brian will also need to update the link on the TLK Interactive page (http://www.lionking.org/interactive.html)...I wonder if he could be convinced to add a link from fa.tlk.org too?

*shuffles off to update the link from her fa.tlk.org gallery*

Aurelian
April 21st, 2011, 07:05 PM
There were several people who followed my site, but didn't register(Nathalie for one). Careful to not to assume that they aren't aware.

I took care of Invader Meer via Deviant Art.

Shadow
April 21st, 2011, 09:00 PM
i honestly dont think we should advertise lea, if anything we should let it be,

i think so becouse people have found lea by pure chance must of the time, nad if we advertise people to come over here " im not saying there not welcome" but im saying if we advertise, it would be flooded with people...and turn in to an other lilymud or the like, and i like Lea but its more like a large "tightnickt" family then an forum with randomly active members....

but thats just me.

that said ofcourse everyone who was here before the crash gota know about the new adress!

Azerane
April 21st, 2011, 10:39 PM
Some advertising will be good, because I know that there will be some people who just got lost in the crash, mainly lurkers probably or people who didn't visit very often. I know we lost quite a few in the last crash, and although we're off to a good start with 27 members, not all of us are going to be active. Plus, as nice as it is to have a tight-knit community (which I often feel in some ways is probably hard for newcomers to adjust into because we go back so far), it'd be nice to have some fresh meat... I mean, some new members :evilgrin:, with new perspectives and ideas on lion king related stuff. I think we've exhausted most lion king topics with our current member base :p

lionloversam
April 22nd, 2011, 01:28 AM
How about 'Weylin'? Was anybody in touch with him before the crash?

HasiraKali
April 22nd, 2011, 01:52 AM
I touched base with Meer too right after the crash. She said they were moving, but she'd come back when they were settled or something.

I also posted on Tim's Facebook wall.

Azerane
April 22nd, 2011, 06:24 AM
I haven't been in touch with Weylin, don't have any contact info either.

Simbaspirit
April 25th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Is Simba '04 on here, or does he know about it? I have his facebook if not, and could let him know.

HasiraKali
April 26th, 2011, 12:13 AM
He should know. It's been posted on the Lea FB groups (one of which he created), and I had it on my wall for awhile.

Aurelian
April 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Just wanted to let you know that (I believe) I got Amy here. She signed up yesterday, and I think my message to her was why, but she didn't actually reply, so I can't be sure. *shrugs*

Aurelian
April 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Found Monai! :D

Also reached out to Vitor and Roog.

Guntur
April 26th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I has invite Khal into the site, he will be around after he is done with his work!

Sadiki
April 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Nice job everyone for reaching out to the people who used to be here. If by Amy you mean Amaryllis thought I did tell her about the lea the day it was reopened, not that it's a competition and I think we haven't thanked you enough for creating the temporary board Feral, it helped a lot on financing and also made it easier to redirect people here. So thank you for that :hugs:

Keep up the good work!

HasiraKali
April 26th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Anyone heard from Safila?

Nuduli
April 27th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I just remembered, should there be another advertising on mylionking.com as well? I'm not a member but perhaps it's another place to retrieve former members.

Sombolia
April 27th, 2011, 05:55 AM
I was wondering about Safila too. I don't know how to get in contact with her. :/

I think a thread on MLK could work.

Azerane
April 27th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I made a post on http://www.mylionking.com/forum/ regarding Lea, it didn't get any replies :p Fendi has already posted on Safila's facebook page, keep in mind she is probably still dealing with family things because of her dad, so I'm sure we'll see her here in good time :)

What about TeeKay?

Also, Feral, Roog is already here ;) He's just being sneaky with his shiny vampire name :evilgrin:

King Simba
May 4th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I've just e-mailed LunarCat with the new address for Lea. ;) I got her e-mail address from her DA page, so hopefully it hasn't changed.

What about Lucy? :hmm:

Revo
May 4th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Anybody have any idea about InvaderMeer?

HasiraKali
May 4th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I know Meer was moving back to Ohio. I left a message on DA when the new site came back up. Haven't heard from her since.

Sadiki
May 5th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I was talking to Lunarcat about a week ago and she is thinking of joining.

What comes to Lucy I have no idea how to get hold of her.

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Lucy pops up on twitter from time to time. At least I think it's Lucy haha.

Aurelian
May 12th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I just spoke with our old friend Tanali through FB chat. I told him where our new home is, but I don't know if he has any interest of coming back. It was worth a try.:go-on:

Guntur
May 12th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I have contact on couple of 'ex' old and new members, unfortunately some have retired of the forum life! I'm sure some of you have the same story of the 'retirement' members.

Aurelian
May 12th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Sure. I have nafklt, Eva Janus, Ruska, KTL, I know of FC Simba's FB, though I don't have her as a friend. People come and go.

lionloversam
May 12th, 2011, 11:12 PM
How about Lweek, ClearGreenWater and Jammet? Has anybody contacted them yet?

EDIT: Just sent a e-mail to jammet to the address he has on his webpage branched off of lionking.org.

ThiagoPE
May 13th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I have lweek in my icq, if i see him online i will tell him about here

Azerane
May 13th, 2011, 04:00 AM
How about Lweek, ClearGreenWater and Jammet? Has anybody contacted them yet?

I e-mailed ClearGreenWater a while back, but haven't heard anything back as yet.

Guntur
May 13th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I'm still chatting with him on Facebook, he seems interested but haven't register yet.

lionloversam
May 13th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Oh, yes. Lweek is on my facebook friend list as well.

shadowland
May 14th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Yo I'm back! :o If I made enough of an impact to be remembered when I was here before lol...what happened to the old forum? Why did my name and login disappear?

HasiraKali
May 15th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Gah I am such a dumb. :lol: I was thinking Shadow had a problem with his account. I need to turn my brain back on. :p

lionloversam
May 19th, 2011, 10:44 PM
How about Taneli? Has anybody heard from him yet?

Aurelian
May 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM
I just spoke with our old friend Tanali through FB chat. I told him where our new home is, but I don't know if he has any interest of coming back. It was worth a try.:go-on:

Read before you post, Sammy-boy! :lol:

Guntur
May 21st, 2011, 05:14 PM
So Feral is Sam now? :p

Aurelian
May 21st, 2011, 05:19 PM
No, I was telling LLS that he needs to read all the posts in a thread, before posting, as his question was answered before he posted it. I was pointing out my own reply to him.

Revo
May 21st, 2011, 07:50 PM
Well, for his credit, you did spell the name wrong. So Sam has the excuse of thinking you were talking about someone else :p :lol:.

lionloversam
May 21st, 2011, 08:16 PM
Well, for his credit, you did spell the name wrong. So Sam has the excuse of thinking you were talking about someone else :p :lol:.

Thanks, Revo. :hugs: I used the search engine thing to see if "Taneli" had been mentioned.

Aurelian
May 26th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Found another lost and wandering pride member. I brought back Paperfinch.

shadowland
May 26th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Paperfinch? Oh gawd I know her..

Guntur
May 26th, 2011, 08:18 PM

Well, it's a good thing and a good news. ;)

shadowland
May 26th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Well, it's a good thing and a good news. ;)

if you say so

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM
if you say so

:lol:

Teagan
May 27th, 2011, 12:47 AM

^^

You do sound familiar! :3

-Teagan/Paperfinch

Raize
June 3rd, 2011, 07:01 AM
I don't know if you necessarily want me here lol, but here I am; Ravoc/Nuka.

Guntur
June 3rd, 2011, 07:05 AM
I am trying to reach you through Yahoo man. :p Welcome back!

Raize
June 3rd, 2011, 07:10 AM
Thanks ^^ As for Yahoo, try again, I had deleted pretty much everyone on it a while back. You could have gotten a hold of me through 'the magical facebook' ;)

Sparky.D.C.Godsell
June 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Lol I came back after so many years of disappearing too ;) Taneli brought me back :P Was Hanshilo back then lol

Azerane
June 5th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I was wandering who this Sparky person could be :p welcome back.

King Simba
June 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I gotta say I wasn't expecting you to be around any time soon. :p Welcome back Hans (or Sparky as you're now known. :lol:) Great to have you back.

Sparky.D.C.Godsell
June 5th, 2011, 03:56 PM
haha it's great to be back though i can hardly remember any of you xD also I usually meet Taneli at the London Fur meets on very rare occasions when we all got munnies lol

King Simba
June 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Hmm, well you happen to have me on your FB. ;) I'm Tara on there.

Guntur
June 5th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Wow mr Godsell. :p

Welcome back mr Godsell. =)

Aurelian
June 5th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Welcome back, Hanshillo. I remember you. I was Roquivo back then. That was AGES ago! lol

Sadiki
June 5th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I remember you as well. Welcome back on lea, I used to be Simba The Mighty at that time even thought I still be called STM quite often and actually changed the name only a month ago or so.

Well anyways, Enjoy your stay. ;)

Safila
June 5th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Welcome back sparky :cheese:

Sparky.D.C.Godsell
June 6th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Haha thanks guys yep tara I know you xD But sorry Feral can't remember you xD It has been too long who is running this forum this day in age wasn't it Nathelie :P I do apologize if I get or spell names wrong xD

Aurelian
June 7th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Sadiki(SimbaTheMighty) is the King of the Pride (webmaster) now. Nathalie and HasiraKali are his queens(figuratively speaking. Sharifu is his IRL queen! :lol:) , and Vidan and Fuzzy(SimbaKLKD) are his advisers. Other site staff is Sharifu, King Simba, Kanu, Wicked, Azerane, and Lion King Stu(RPG leader).

HasiraKali
October 29th, 2012, 03:13 AM
I think we should bump this. Lea's been down a while this time, so some people might need reminding about where to find us and that the boards are up, even if posts are missing.

KanuTGL
October 29th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I still can't quite get over how much of the forum we've lost... again... I think if this happens one more time, I'm out. I don't want to invest all this time into something that keeps vanishing *sigh*

nathalie
October 30th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I feel the same as you Kanu.

Hopes up that STM can bring back the June 2012 database!

Nafisa
November 13th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Hey everyone! I'm finally back! And I'm so happy, I thought I was going crazy... :D

shadowland
February 28th, 2013, 05:34 PM
This place still exists?

nathalie
February 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Aren't we friendly ...

shadowland
February 28th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Aren't we friendly ...

You sound kinda glum actually :p

KanuTGL
February 28th, 2013, 10:13 PM
This place still exists?
Apparently :idiot:

Utora
March 1st, 2013, 06:23 AM
Regardless of the database loss, I'mn speaking for myself, but I don't feel connected to anyone her.e NOW, that's nobody else's problem, I'm not doing pity party, so here's that fine print. I'm just speaking for myself.

I feel like everyone here is on this common understanding, an understanding I'll never share. :lol: & It is funny to me because I'm so outside of it. The conversations here are bland, and sometimes I feel everything is just a little politically correct. & That's mee. I like to read other people's posts..but don't feel motivated to get involved - it's frequently ovelrooked anyways....something I'm use to.

On that note for reconnecting members...you can bring back datatbase, but it won't help everything. It was a little behind before the database crash.

cleargreenwater
March 1st, 2013, 06:45 PM
I feel like everyone here is on this common understanding, an understanding I'll never share. :lol: & It is funny to me because I'm so outside of it. The conversations here are bland, and sometimes I feel everything is just a little politically correct. & That's mee. I like to read other people's posts..but don't feel motivated to get involved - it's frequently ovelrooked anyways....something I'm use to.

The only understanding I've been operating under is that it's better to post bland topics than give up on posting :lol: Tepid maybe, but not really all that mysterious :p

Lilymud is even worse off/deader, there's a better chance of a resurrection here as long as people keep stopping in for the sole reason that, well, people still stop in here.

It's just extremely hard trying to recreate conversations and enthusiasm, it kills their vitality doing a recap. The soul falls out the bottom of it.

What we need is new ones to start, I just have no idea where to even begin that would interest anyone, the few I have tried have been pretty targetted/specific because at least I was sure of some kind of interest/response.

I don't think it's the crashes, though, Lilymud is just as bad/worse and that never did.

I think it's just quicker things/ways of keeping in touch winning out over topic-based messageboards. Even on MLK (the "busy" TLK board) the only things chugging are the "instant/individual response" personal Q & A threads because it's like throwing status updates into cyberspace. And that's not to say I'm exempt or above the sea-change, either. Between working/assorted other reallifeing, the ADD form of killing time is all I have steam for, the thought of committing effort to the Internet isn't always appealing to me anymore.

Dare
March 1st, 2013, 10:44 PM
Regardless of the database loss, I'mn speaking for myself, but I don't feel connected to anyone her.e

Hehe, you're not the only one - I haven't felt connected to anyone here since before the 1st big crash.
I guess I've stuck around more out of a sense of duty and/or tradition than anything else....but since I'm a capricorn, that's to be expected.
;D

I think it's just quicker things/ways of keeping in touch winning out over topic-based messageboards. Even on MLK (the "busy" TLK board) the only things chugging are the "instant/individual response" personal Q & A threads because it's like throwing status updates into cyberspace.

I agree - in the past couple of years, I've noticed that more folks tend to be leaning more towards online interaction via things like Facebook, Tumblr, or other methods of that are not only faster, but more mobile-friendly. This forum isn't particularly mobile-friendly...though, I freely admit that I really don't feel the need to whip out my iPhone and check Lea while I'm out in the middle of a hike or something.
XD

nathalie
March 2nd, 2013, 07:34 AM
I use the mobile version though, much nicer for when I'm using my phone.

ThiagoPE
March 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
lea halalea has na mobile version? my android phone only opens the standard web version... (which consumes a lot of my limited bandwidth)

Kasei
March 2nd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Everything CGW said.

I personally feel that you get out of a community what you put into it. I guess I'm your typical optimistic "be the change" type person, but that's just how I see it. In other words start topics, participate in discussions/polls/contests/etc, share about what's going on with you and listen to someone else, talk about ideas, etc...that's how you feel connected to anyone in any community. Do life together in some way. :)

Forums like these as a whole are really more of a relic replaced by a more fast-paced and instant gratification net society (twitter, tumblr, internet meme empires, etc). I guess I am classifying myself as an old codger of the net at 25. xD I still find value in the forum-model though because I like having discussions/conversations in a place where I feel like I don't have to put on a show because I feel the other people in the discussion are just as quirky as I am. :)

I am okay with a small but consistent fandom-based community because it feels more personal and genuine whereas the snarky quip style of communication I see so often on tumblr and other places seems stand-offish and pessimistic most of the time to me. And that's just not something I feel the need to fill my time and mind with. C:

tldr version: Yay Lea!! :D

Dare
March 2nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
I use the mobile version though, much nicer for when I'm using my phone.

What's the app called?

nathalie
March 2nd, 2013, 07:22 PM
No app.
I use the mobile theme, which goes a lot faster then the regular red theme.
No scrolling left to right, no making the screen bigger.

Lots of forums have a mobile theme without needing to use an app, even when I go on hotmail it's mobile version.

http://i50.tinypic.com/33li1cx.jpg

Dare
March 2nd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Oooo, I wasn't even aware there was a mobile theme, probably because my phone isn't automatically detecting a mobile theme and/or implementing it.
I see I can set it manually though, so that helps.

Now, if only I could remember my password (or be able to retrieve it) - then I'd be able to log in via iPhone.
XD

HasiraKali
March 2nd, 2013, 09:48 PM
I can reset your password for you if you want, Dare. Just let me know.

I agree with a lot of what's been said already. Forums just aren't the popular way to communicate anymore. There are so many Facebook groups and other more "immediate" ways of communication. I personally prefer forums because they generally allow for more thoughtful conversation since there isn't a character limit like there is on the more current ways of interacting with fandom. Is it slow around here? Yes. Because of Lea though, most of us are friends on Facebook, so it's not like we'll lose all communication if something else happens here. We also have the Facebook group, which could of course be more active as well. I think we're doing ok for a place that's been around so long and had so many crashes and issues recently.

Revo
March 2nd, 2013, 11:00 PM
I'm also agreeing with a lot that's been said. The main portion of posts being made nowadays is on topics like "The last thing you purchased", or something facebook-ish like that, which interests me here about as much as it does on FB (, which is not a whole lot).. Either those, or TLK merchandise which just isn't my cup of tea for other reasons.

Seeing shadowland dig the "Same Sex Marriage" thread from the grave made me read through it again, and it was a good piece of interaction. I'd like there to be more meaty topics like that. But alas, I can't think of any myself. And I'm afraid that most of the other people more interested in playing with serious discussions have gone away aswell. I do think that is still one facet of interactivity where forums outperform social networking sites. That and roleplaying, which has never really been that popular here anyway.

KanuTGL
March 2nd, 2013, 11:22 PM
I second everything Kasei and HK have said. True, it's becoming more and more unusual for me to write long posts in any topic any more - writing takes so much more energy out of me than drawing now - but I too still prefer forums over places like Facebook. Facebook just becomes... too personal and close to my real identity for my tastes. Basically everything I post or comment on there is visible, which makes me very hesitant to comment on certain things because, y'know, not everyone on my list is a close friend that should know everything about me. The Lea group on facebook isn't private for example and I still like to be able to be somewhat anonymous online. On here I feel a lot more comfortable about talking about certain things, because even if someone I don't know is viewing the forum, they can't really connect my posts to me. ...if any of that makes sense. In short: forums > facebook. And I do wish Lea would be more active, but with the technical side of the site being what it is, I'm getting more and more put off trying to get on here -_-

Kasei
March 3rd, 2013, 05:10 AM
I too still prefer forums over places like Facebook. Facebook just becomes... too personal and close to my real identity for my tastes. Basically everything I post or comment on there is visible, which makes me very hesitant to comment on certain things because, y'know, not everyone on my list is a close friend that should know everything about me. The Lea group on facebook isn't private for example and I still like to be able to be somewhat anonymous online. On here I feel a lot more comfortable about talking about certain things, because even if someone I don't know is viewing the forum, they can't really connect my posts to me. ...if any of that makes sense.

Absolutely agree. The privacy thing is actually the main reason I haven't gotten involved in any fandom stuff on facebook and why I don't share my facebook link publicly like I would my DA or TLKFAA gallery links. To me, those things are synonymous with my online persona/screen self whereas facebook is for my "Real life" friends and family. Not to say that people I meet online or through fandom can't or haven't eventually become "real life" friends also, but I think you know what I mean. I keep them separate because it provides me with a certain level of anonymity when I am involved with my various online communities. Which makes me sad because I am kind of a community person and sometimes feel I miss out a bit if I can't be in on the facebook fandom stuff. Almost makes me want to create a facebook account for "Kasei." xD

Leorgathar
March 3rd, 2013, 05:30 AM
Forums all the way for me too, I agree. Maybe it's something really small and ultimately unimportant, but I guess that one problem I have with Facebook are the 'Likes', I appreciate them, and I gladly give 'likes' to other people's status, but perhaps it's a bit too silent, you know, like it's a way of giving a nice approval to someone without having to write a single word. That can't be done here on Lea, and I'm grateful for that. It help us keep that friendly community feeling, and not just strangers approving each other, hehe.

Although on the other hand, yeah, I too am feeling unmotivated about posting here like I used to... and it can get a bit depressing, because that friendly community feeling I mentioned before isn't feeling as evidently as before, at least in the way I see it now. As for myself, I guess I haven't been helping it either. I haven't even really progressed much in drawing, or making figurines as I said I would, and I can't think of much to post about for a new thread. I would blame it to my last semester in college, which isn't giving me much of a break to do what I like to do (and when I have time, I feel drained and just feel like laying down and watching something on TV), I still come into Lea to see what's up every day, but I really miss feeling enthusiastic about it. Although I admit that I could just push myself and do better, and be the same I was here before the last big crash. I would really want that.
Better become part of the solution rather than part of the problem, right?

nathalie
March 3rd, 2013, 06:46 AM
To the person who mentioned roleplaying: that was HUGE on Lea1!

Sadiki
March 3rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
I have realized I rarely post on Lea anymore and if I do it's most of the time just chatbox. I do check it multiple times a day, but I rarely say anything as I often don't have much to add. I don't know what the reason is behind it, but I guess I'm sort of disappointed in myself as far as developing and keeping the site up and running as I don't really have any knowledge on how to run a forum. But still this place is always a special place for me and I don't see anything changing for me as far as coming on Lea goes XD... I been here 9 years and unless everything is lost I don't think I'll be going anywhere. And face book or forum question... What is face book? Pretty much only reason I check it is my family and friends and to see what is going on Lea page on Face book... besides that I think I have only added 2 or 3 things on Facebook on my wall :lol:

Utora
March 3rd, 2013, 07:56 AM
I have realized I rarely post on Lea anymore and if I do it's most of the time just chatbox. I do check it multiple times a day, but I rarely say anything as I often don't have much to add. I don't know what the reason is behind it, but I guess I'm sort of disappointed in myself as far as developing and keeping the site up and running as I don't really have any knowledge on how to run a forum. But still this place is always a special place for me and I don't see anything changing for me as far as coming on Lea goes XD... I been here 9 years and unless everything is lost I don't think I'll be going anywhere. And face book or forum question... What is face book? Pretty much only reason I check it is my family and friends and to see what is going on Lea page on Face book... besides that I think I have only added 2 or 3 things on Facebook on my wall :lol:

Agreed on the facebook part.))

I don't know what the issue is either, in terms of a broader conversation pool on Lea. I think it is,as everyone is seeming to lean towards - larger posts take more time. Which in my head, I ask myself, Why is it more tedious being older than when I was younger on Lea? :thinks:

I think there was faster response time, more feedback previously. There were also more people....regardless, these days as others state, there's not much to respond. As for that to each their own, but I would like take more time contributing to broader topics here. It'd help also to take advantage of this when the forum is stable....it's having it's tantrums now.

King Simba
March 3rd, 2013, 08:11 AM
Yeah, I also feel less connected here than I used to be. I don't post as much on Lea as before... it's either the lack of posts or discussions that I feel motivated to join in with, or the fact that the forum keeps going down and we keep losing loads of posts. Maybe I just don't see the point in making a big effort with my posts for them to just get lost. :\ I'm more a Facebook person nowadays, although I would like to feel a part of Lea again and post as much as I used to. I feel I've grown to be part of this community over the years, so it's quite depressing to see it how it is.

As for the role plays, I remember them being a big part back in the day. There were many people getting involved and who were interested in them.

Sadiki
March 3rd, 2013, 08:30 AM
The biggest advantage of the forum is thought that it's easier to navigate than a facebook group in example, especially as a new member. I mean when I go on face book and see a person posting on one of my friends pages and even if I know they like Lion king I'm not going to add the to my friends, but as a member of a forum it's easier to be heard and recognized. Also I like the fact of having topics instead of everything being listed from top to bottom in order of posting. So I guess for me the format is not the problem as much as the fact that currently Lea is broken, there is no way around it. It's functioning where posting is possible and where most of the visible aspects are at hand. But as we currently have no control over database I cannot do too much... Not that I can do that much in general as most people know my skills with coding are very limited, mostly how I code is through trial and error and through Vbulletin forums or googling problems. Honestly if I know I could hand Lea over to someone else and know that it's going to be in good hands, I most certainly would, not because I don't care anymore, but just because I'm not the best person for the job.

But even if the forum is most of the time rather dead I still always like checking it. There is most of the times at least one or two new posts. I don't think I have to really go into details why this place is important for me... anyone who has been part of this community for more than a few years can surely tell and those who haven't are going to find out sooner or later if they stick around. And I know for a fact most people who still go here do feel the same way :hugs:

nathalie
March 3rd, 2013, 08:33 AM
We did have a great start though when this new Lea was put up.
A shame problems keep coming back, and yet again for me, that's another reason I don't come here as much anymore, or even bother to make new topics.

I did my best before the crash, but since these crashes keep happening over here, I'd feel it's a waste of time, each time we build up this thing beautifully again, and then WHAM, a year (and in previous cases more years) of posts all gone, over and over again.

It's like, discouraging :tears:

Sadiki
March 3rd, 2013, 09:01 AM
It is... unfortunately life is full of ups and downs. Just gotta learn to deal with them.

KanuTGL
March 3rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
^ But the amount of times that that has happened to Lea is now is honestly ridiculous. I'm not gonna repeat myself from my post in the server-thread and post the same thing twice, so I'll just stop here.

Kasei
March 3rd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Although on the other hand, yeah, I too am feeling unmotivated about posting here like I used to... and it can get a bit depressing, because that friendly community feeling I mentioned before isn't feeling as evidently as before, at least in the way I see it now. As for myself, I guess I haven't been helping it either. I haven't even really progressed much in drawing, or making figurines as I said I would, and I can't think of much to post about for a new thread. I would blame it to my last semester in college, which isn't giving me much of a break to do what I like to do (and when I have time, I feel drained and just feel like laying down and watching something on TV), I still come into Lea to see what's up every day, but I really miss feeling enthusiastic about it. Although I admit that I could just push myself and do better, and be the same I was here before the last big crash. I would really want that.
Better become part of the solution rather than part of the problem, right?

Yeah! That's a great attitude. :)

I guess I can be more optimistic about all of this because I have only just discovered Lea so this is an all-new community to me. I feel like I've stepped back in time to when Lilymud was active, to be honest. x) It feels nice to post things and know that people are actually responding. So for me I feel like, "Hey! People are actually out there and taking part! Post awaaaaaay!" x) hehe.

cleargreenwater
March 3rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
Well, that and the other thing is.....

I kind of wish I was here on Lea for its active time of deeper discussions, but I was over on Lilymud. And let me tell you, having been on Lilymud, when I think of deep discussions all I think of is SpiritWolf77 spending days writing massive wall-o-text arguements--I don't know if she ever left her computer screen or slept!--and really the deep discussions were catagorically always about either sexuality/gender identity or evolution/faith.

The truth is, hashing out sexuality, gender identity and one's position on god in science, these are all things of vital importance to formative young adults, and the top tier of ages here just *aren't* anymore. We're fully functioning grown adults who have already arrived at our truths. No-one can stay up all night debating on the internet anymore, and SW77 has even candidly said in the years since that it was a certain kind of unhappiness with her life that impelled that need to argue, I know the ones I got involved with I undertook because I was overwhelmed elsewhere and felt the need to pick fights because of it. Thing is though, as you move into adulthood, you are the victim of things going on around you less and less, you control your own life more and more, and the freer you are to live what you believe, the less you feel the need to carry a soapbox and beat people with it or wield it like a lion tamer wields a chair defensively.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I come here because I more or less grew up with many of you and enjoy spending time with you all like an internet family because of that. Those old deep discussions just aren't of burning importance for me to have anymore because I've had them already. And if nothing comes to mind to start threads about, it's probably because you have had them already elsewhere in life to your satisfaction as well.

But my hope is in Lea not Lilymud because there ARE still younger people here. Please guys, just because I, or someone else who comes here for the "old home" factor, isn't starting those threads, isn't having those conversations anymore, it doesn't mean you can't. You need to and you should.....it's just your turn now.

....that "you" isn't anyone in particular, btw, it's a general collective. And this should probably really be more addressed to Lilymud than here, since I missed this party by a couple years it sounds like.... *rueful*

EDIT:

I guess I can be more optimistic about all of this because I have only just discovered Lea so this is an all-new community to me. I feel like I've stepped back in time to when Lilymud was active, to be honest. x) It feels nice to post things and know that people are actually responding. So for me I feel like, "Hey! People are actually out there and taking part! Post awaaaaaay!" x) hehe.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with just the sh-----g around, lol. At least there's people here..... :lol:

HasiraKali
March 3rd, 2013, 05:43 PM
So it seems like people are agreeing on a few things.

1. We need more meaningful discussions that people find interesting.
2. We're worried about working on a post and posting it and then to just have it lost in another database issue.

Number 1 is kind of easy to fix. People just need to make threads and post. There certainly is a lot going on in the world right now that could warrant some adult conversation.

Number 2... Hakuna Matata. :p Better say it and it potentially lost than to never say it at all.

That said, I'd rather have what we have here than a bunch of meaningless ego-stoking "ask so and so" threads like other places...