PDA

View Full Version : Lea Secret Santa: Reminder!!

Azerane
October 14th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Just thought I would post this here to make sure people don't forget, as I know I almost did, and since we don't have the old thread, I thought it important just to let people know that it's still happening. :)

The names were drawn out, so make sure you check who you got and go and buy them a gift! Christmas is only 71 days away!!

(List added by Sharifu)
Sharifu: Gift received
Sadiki: Gift received
Azerane: Gift received
HasiraKali: Gift received
Nathalie: Gift received
King Simba: Gift received
Simbaspirit: Gift received
Utora: Gift received
Safila: Gift received
cleargreenwater: Gift received
Leorgathar:
ThiagoPE: Gift received

Leorgathar
October 14th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I'm still on track too, and I'm almost done with my gift to send it over ;)

cleargreenwater
October 14th, 2012, 11:18 PM
You know, I kind of feel really bad that when I did this I forgot to put down something as cheap-but-AMAZINGLY-AWESOME as fan art. If whoever got me is in a tough spot financially, I will always, *always* really appreciate a drawing, even better if it's a drawing on real paper that's gonna come in the mail.

This is my first year, I'm not used to doing these and really feel like a greedy git that I forgot to include "fan art" as a choice :C It always, always is, please don't spend money you don't have on account of a secret santa exchange!

Didn't think of that til this afternoon :C

HasiraKali
October 15th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I've seen a few things that I'm thinking of for my person. I just need to decide which one, get it, and ship it. :lol: I'm hoping to have it at least purchased by the end of the month.

King Simba
October 15th, 2012, 07:42 AM
I already shipped mine... like at the end of last month. :lol:

cleargreenwater
November 26th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Purchased mine, just have to ship it out now .... <_<

Safila
November 26th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Have received mine, and.. posted my SS gift yesterday XD

Leorgathar
November 27th, 2012, 05:46 AM
I posted mine last week ;)

nathalie
November 27th, 2012, 07:58 AM
I ain't telling when I posted/posting mine. That way the person might know faster it's from me.

I did think we discussed this a few years back not to mention when we posted it, so it wouldn't be to obvious for some people :p

Safila
November 27th, 2012, 10:19 AM
we all know each other and who lilves where, and you have to have your return address on the back, it's pretty obvious who's it from, so why does it matter.

King Simba
November 27th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I can't help but look at the return address when I receive a package. Either that or it's the customs label. :lol:

Still haven't received anything yet, but there's a month or so still until Christmas, so there's still time for it to get here.

cleargreenwater
November 27th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I did think we discussed this a few years back not to mention when we posted it, so it wouldn't be to obvious for some people :p

Oh, eek, I didn't know that D: Sorry!

Sharifu
November 27th, 2012, 09:16 PM
In my opinion, I would rather we just metion when we receive our gift in the mail, and not say when we posted ours, just so we can't figure it out from process of elimination. :)

Leorgathar
November 28th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Oh dang! too late for me too O.o
Yeah, now I recall we had this discussion last year, even if briefly. Oh well, I'll remember that for next year... hopefully :lol:

Utora
December 2nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
Yay! I received mine and nestled it in my stocking. :3

nathalie
December 3rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
My SS can rest easily too, postman just layed it at the backdoor.
And I'm loving the paper he/she used to wrap it in :lol:

cleargreenwater
December 3rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Oh crap, we were supposed to wrap them?

Ffffff.....

I never did a "real stuff" one with people from a website before, it was always just a drawing one on Lilymud. I'm kind of just not understanding/getting it the right way D: :lol:

Sharifu
December 3rd, 2012, 07:11 PM
There was never any rule that the gifts have to be wrapped, but I like to wrap the gifts I give. I think it's nice to have gifts from our Secret Santa wrapped so we can put them under the Christmas Tree with the other gifts. When I receive my gift from my Secret Santa, most of the time I never know if I should open the box before Christmas because if it's wrapped I want to put the gift under the tree, but if it's not wrapped I don't want to open it before Christmas... I would always have Petteri open the box from my Secret Santa to check to see if it was wrapped. :lol:

nathalie
December 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I actually never did that eather the previous years.
I might this year, since Kenny bought heaps and heaps of wrapping paper, lol.

Azerane
December 11th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Got something in the mail today, very much a large simba plush! :D No idea who it's from since it was posted from a toy store in my state... So it's either someone from here, or my friend Tara being clever :p

If I had known it was possibly an unwrapped secret santa thing, I would have saved it till Christmas. Maybe I can get Pat to re-wrap it :lol:

HasiraKali
December 15th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I got something yesterday. It's all wrapped and pretty. I had it under my tree, but the cats decided it was for them and were chewing on the ribbon. It's not in the gingerbread house box under the tree for its own protection. :lol:

Sharifu
December 16th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I am going to make a list of people who received their gift, like we have done in previous years. I think I will add the list to the first post, I hope you don't mind Azerane, since the first post was made by you.

Azerane
December 17th, 2012, 09:40 AM
That's fine, go right ahead. :) No idea if the gift I received was a Secret Santa gift, but may as well put me on it too.

ThiagoPE
December 17th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I have received my gift and loved it, much thanks for my SS!

Simbaspirit
December 18th, 2012, 05:50 AM
I received mine as well :)

cleargreenwater
December 18th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Nothing yet, its chill though there's still a few weeks.

Sharifu
December 19th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Till Christmas? You mean one week until Christmas... :p Nothing for me yet... Hopefully it will get here before Christmas though...

cleargreenwater
December 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Till Christmas? You mean one week until Christmas... :p

...AAHHHH, denial!!! LOL :p Wow, you're right though D:

Must. Finish. Shopping. Is the one nice thing about a mostly adult rather dwindled family though, at least it keeps Christmas a little lower pressure.

Sharifu
December 21st, 2012, 06:31 AM
Yay, got my gift today! :D Gonna put it under the Christmas tree. ^^

cleargreenwater
December 22nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Got mine, just signed for it :D And now for the hard part--waiting til Christmas to open it!

nathalie
December 22nd, 2012, 09:54 PM
added it to the list

King Simba
December 23rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Still nothing for us yet. :( I find it funny how Leor and I are the only ones who haven't received our gift... xP Must be the Royal Fail's fault.

nathalie
December 23rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
Post is being a pain right now over here too -_-

It is "funny" to see that it's both yours, hehe.

Sharifu
December 26th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Tara and Leor, would you like us to wait to reveal what our gifts are and who gave them to us? I totally understand if you want to. I hope you both get your gift soon. Especially since Leor is only there for a few weeks.

King Simba
December 26th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Well we'd prefer it if you all gave us a few days to see if we receive them, since there's no post again today, but if we haven't received them by New Year's Day, then you're all free to reveal who you've got.

King Simba
December 28th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Double post, whoops. :p

I received my SS gift today but Leor says it's ok to reveal who we all got, just so you guys know. :)

nathalie
December 29th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I'll go first then :p

My SS was Kaitlyn (and her mom).
They gotten me a little extra, as they mentioned on the card, because of my birthday, which was in October, but still, very sweet!

I don't have any pictures, I forgot my camera at home once, and I failed to bring it back with me last time over here.

- book: the cave monster
- book "penguin kids" it has the story and some activities in the back
- 5 figurine set + story book http://www.statichukd.com/images/threads/930689_1.jpg
- pillow case (Simba, Nala, Zazu on it)
- baby clothing, romper
- and 2 big puzzles

Azerane
December 29th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I kinda already posted what mine was, but I'll go again. Haven't gotten a photo yet though :p It's a big adult Simba plush, he's super awesome and fluffy! :D So thanks to my mystery secret santa! :) I love it!

Simbaspirit
December 29th, 2012, 07:21 PM
KS was my secret santa! I have to admit that I opened it when I got it back in October though.. :p though in my defense I had just learned I was harshly failing a class so I needed a pick me up.

It was a beautiful TLK storybook and an incredible TLK charm keychain! I love them both so much, the keychain is perfect for my keys :) thanks KS! :hugs:

Utora
December 30th, 2012, 03:21 AM
@Azerane; Merry Christmas, it was me and sorry there was no formal card in there hehe, and your shipping was faster thasn planned! :cheese:

My SS was Simbaspirit. I opened it the 25th right after work. I finally have TLKoB Soundtrack, and it was the 2 Disc Edition too! I'm also really touched by the TLK holidya card and artwork provided, I'll have to post pictures! Thanks Simbaspirit!

:hugs:

Safila
December 30th, 2012, 04:46 AM
http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii624/Gaewyn/IMG_1002_zps371dbc89.jpg

There was no card with mine, so I don't know who was my secret santa.. I'm thinking Nathalie, just with the chats we had about what I would like as a gift lol, but probably wrong there.
*hugs* it was a really cool gift as I think you all know I'm a girly kind of girl :lalala:

Sharifu
December 30th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Sorry Safila, I know Nathalie was not your Secret Santa, because she was mine.

She got me a chocolate bar, a TLK Christmas Tree Ornament and a cute card with a reindeer on it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/birdygirl85/SS2012_zpsc39e26c6.jpg

I haven't eaten the chocolate yet, but it looks yummy. I look forward to eating it. :D I love getting more TLK ornaments, I have quite a collection of them now. It's funny, because originally I was planning to buy that ornament from her. So she knew exactly what I would like. :lol: Thank you Nathalie! :hugs:

Safila
December 30th, 2012, 05:43 AM
hmm. I was thinking that it was someone whose first language wasn't english.. So that's Nathalie and Utora out.. Whoever it is I'm waiting :lol:

nathalie
December 30th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Lol, Audra, I kept thinking before it all started how funny it would be if I'd get you :p

You once almost caught me when you asked me again if I had thought about how much I wanted for it, lol!

Simbaspirit
December 30th, 2012, 09:16 AM
@Azerane; Merry Christmas, it was me and sorry there was no formal card in there hehe, and your shipping was faster thasn planned! :cheese:

My SS was Simbaspirit. I opened it the 25th right after work. I finally have TLKoB Soundtrack, and it was the 2 Disc Edition too! I'm also really touched by the TLK holidya card and artwork provided, I'll have to post pictures! Thanks Simbaspirit!

:hugs:

You're welcome Mufasa! I meant to outline and colour the picture.. but I totally forgot and just sent it in the mail as is so I'm super sorry it's all sketched and not pretty! :mufasaworried: I'm glad you liked the gift though, I hope you had a good Christmas :hugs:

Azerane
December 30th, 2012, 10:24 AM

In that case thank you so much! :D It is a very awesome gift. I really do have to get around to photographing it... :hmm:

ThiagoPE
December 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
hmm. I was thinking that it was someone whose first language wasn't english.. So that's Nathalie and Utora out.. Whoever it is I'm waiting :lol:

Hehehehe, you figured right (as my language is not english).

Sorry fior not identifing myself before, the lack of a card was a mistake (i acctually forgot it), but i hope you liked your gift, as it were something you was looking for.

Who got me was Petteri (Sadiki) he gave me an adult simba mug

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/6-5-Disney-on-Ice-LION-KING-SIMBA-MUG-w-Lid-NICE-/00/s/MTAyNFg3Njg=/$(KGrHqYOKpME6d+!Z6LJBOqCWfhWEg~~60_35.JPG (not my actual mug as my camera are broke, but was one like this)

Thanks for the present Peterri, I really liked it for my TLK collection.

nathalie
December 30th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Has my English turned so bad lately? That you thought it was me, Safila :p

if it were me, the stamp alone would have led you to me, lol

Safila
December 30th, 2012, 12:20 PM
*hugs* thankyou Thia..

Actually it came from Amazon, so no stamps saying Belgium/Brazil etc. Was just the way things were written in the 'chat' how words were used. And I really thought it was a female my secret santa, no wonder I kept getting told I was difficult and all the things I suggested weren't right lol.

ThiagoPE
December 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Has my English turned so bad lately?

I know my english is not so good but I tried to write in the chat room the most correctily possible (i asked for my father revise) but not me and he are not native english talkers so, some mistakes could still happen.

Well, at least the "goal" in not revealing who im were achieved.

Sadiki
December 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I'm glad you like it Thiago! :cheese:

I still have to keep you guys waiting as I must take an actual picture with the note on the present as it did make me grin rather wide when I saw it...:lol:

Sharifu
December 30th, 2012, 09:00 PM
KS was my secret santa! I have to admit that I opened it when I got it back in October though.. :p though in my defense I had just learned I was harshly failing a class so I needed a pick me up.

It was a beautiful TLK storybook and an incredible TLK charm keychain! I love them both so much, the keychain is perfect for my keys :) thanks KS! :hugs:

I am curious to see the TLK charm keychain. I love charms and keychains and such... :p

Simbaspirit
December 31st, 2012, 01:29 AM
Not my photo as my camera is back east, but this is the stunning keychain :D

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/The-Lion-King-Keychain-MOVIE-CARTOON-Simba-Pumbaa-Rafiki-Charms-TOY-Keyring-gift-/00/s/NTQ0WDQ2MA==/$(KGrHqJ,!h!E-7S82Jb6BPzFt6GMuQ~~60_3.JPG

King Simba
December 31st, 2012, 09:28 AM
You're very welcome, SS. I'm really glad you like it. :) :hugs: I also find it funny how I got you twice in two Secret Santa's. :lol:

I was originally planning on getting you something different than the charm keychain actually, but it never arrived, so I had to look for something else. I'm still glad you like it so much though. ;)

As for me, Azerane was my SS. She got me these lovely gifts:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/simbaspride/DSCN0656_zps0af037a0.jpg
I got a bag of sweets (which I couldn't resist eating straight away :p), a pewter kangaroo figurine, a sketch and a coloured picture of Katai, and a cute card with a koala on it. Very Aussie. ;)

Thanks so much, Azzy! This was a lovely surprise. :hugs:

cleargreenwater
December 31st, 2012, 05:00 PM
Omg, how cute is that kangaroo figurine! :D

Thiago, don't feel bad, I was so certain to uphold the "surprise" part of the secret santa that I totally forgot to put a card or anything in it, too. I didn't even use my return address....oh well, haha.

Even if Sadiki couldn't guess who the heck it came from, Sharifu probably figured out it was me based soley on the combo of spazzy confusion and cheese XP

For me I got....I really have to take pictures of this thing, it's amazing. I asked for hyena stuff, and Leorgathar MADE--not bought, *made*--a little Shenzi sculpture/figurine. Like honestly made, out of clay, hand painted it, the whole thing. He even put little paw-pads on the bottoms of the feet, the detail on it is just wow and the whole thing with all of that finite painting is maybe 2 inches big. I'm freaking gleeful, I don't even know how else to describe how beyond cool I think this thing is xD

Awesome, awesome handiwork. Truth be told even though I've been drawing the hyenas for years, Shenzi is still the hardest for me, I can't even DRAW as spot-on perfect as you sculpted o_o :D

I'll come back here with pictures once I make through this last holiday.

Hope everyone had a decent one--On to New Years!

Sadiki
December 31st, 2012, 06:51 PM
Here is my SS present without the note
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/DSCN0640.jpg?t=1356979457

And here is the picture with the note that sure hit the spot.:lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/SimbaTheMighty_/note.jpg?t=1356979694

The gift was something from my wish list so I'm very happy with it, I just hope CGW didn't spend too much on it as I know I kind of took my sweet time to post my wishlist. I'll be storing it with the other plates until we get place of our own and can properly display it :cheese:

Sharifu
December 31st, 2012, 07:15 PM
Even if Sadiki couldn't guess who the heck it came from, Sharifu probably figured out it was me based soley on the combo of spazzy confusion and cheese XP

Or the fact that the paid postage sticker says it was shipped from New Jersey... ;)

Wow, Leor made a Shenzi sculpture? How cool is that. Can't wait to see a photo of it.

Seems like everyone has gotten some awesome gifts so far! :D

cleargreenwater
December 31st, 2012, 08:19 PM
Or the fact that the paid postage sticker says it was shipped from New Jersey... ;)

Ahhhhhh :hmm: I didn't even *think* of the postage stamp! :lol: Headdesk, but definitely a good thing, LOL.

Azerane
December 31st, 2012, 11:42 PM
Aww, yay. So glad you liked it KS. :D Hope the chocolates were yummy for as long as they lasted :p

Sadiki, that note is very funny. xD I did take a piccy of my gift last night, but am yet to put it on my comp. I'm getting there!

Edit: My awesome gift from Mufasa, helping us ring in the new year :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Azerane/IMG_0894LeaSecretSantaGiftfromMufasa_zps50d1a920.j pg

Sharifu
January 7th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Leor hasn't received his Secret Santa gift yet?

Leorgathar
January 7th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Nope, not yet. But my SS contacted me a bit before Christmas asking for my address in Mexico in case my gift doesn't get here, which is what will most likely happen at this point. I'm being patient about it, so don't worry about me not recieving my gift in time, I'm ok and understanding with it, and I'm glad you all got your gifts :)
It's worth mentioning that with you all revealing who you got, I figured out who my SS is :p

@CGW: I'm glad you liked the little Shenzi sculpture :D It's actually made of acryllic resin, which is a material I use to make dental prosthetics, I figured that I could make figurines with the same process, so I used this chance to experiment with it :lol: I'm planning on making more with time, I'll update you on that soon ;)

cleargreenwater
January 9th, 2013, 02:04 AM
.... It's actually made of acryllic resin, which is a material I use to make dental prosthetics, I figured that I could make figurines with the same process, so I used this chance to experiment with it :lol:

Oh no way! :D I was trying to figure out what clay it was that was hard as a rock like that and still wasn't at all heavy, but that managed to get all the way to New Jersey from Northern Mexico in just a bubble mailer without breaking! XD There's NO way something in clay would've made it with ears like that in a bubble mailer.

Damn, that stuff is indestructible o_o I trust the strength of my fillings a lot more now, LOL.

Never in a million years would've thought XD

Sharifu
January 9th, 2013, 11:12 PM
That is so cool, I wanna see pictures! :D

KanuTGL
January 10th, 2013, 03:29 PM
*peeks in*

Yes, me too! I'm really curious :D

Leorgathar
January 12th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I'll make a thread about it next week when I'm back home :)

Sharifu
February 4th, 2013, 02:01 AM
I assume Leor would post in here when he got his gift, but it's been a while, I'm curious. Maybe he forgot to mention it? :p

Leorgathar
February 4th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Nope, it never got here, I'm afraid :\
Though honestly I had just accepted and forgot about it already, hehe

Utora
February 6th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Aww, yay. So glad you liked it KS. :D Hope the chocolates were yummy for as long as they lasted :p

Sadiki, that note is very funny. xD I did take a piccy of my gift last night, but am yet to put it on my comp. I'm getting there!

Edit: My awesome gift from Mufasa, helping us ring in the new year :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Azerane/IMG_0894LeaSecretSantaGiftfromMufasa_zps50d1a920.j pg

:lol:

That is awesome! I'm glad you like it! :cheese:

Leorgathar
February 21st, 2013, 02:17 AM
Guess what? My SS gift is finally here! :D

It's from HK, she sent me an ice tray in the shape of dentures, which is pretty cool. I'm thinking of making denture-shaped Jell-O with this :lol:
I also got a dentist's keyring, perfect for separating my office's keys from the rest ^^ I really liked both gifts, thanks a big bunch, HK :hugs:

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd351/Leorgathar/1bd02f6f-afa6-4b93-96e5-20495eb887d8_zpsa2044931.jpg

And with this we can finally bring this Secret Santa to a closure, I'd say it was a success, despite how long it took for the last gift to get here. I'm just glad they all got to their destination in the end :)

HasiraKali
February 21st, 2013, 02:39 AM
Again, I'm so sorry it took so long. Like I said in the letter, I couldn't decide what to get you and then the ice tray ended up being back-ordered and took FOREVER to get to me. :/ I thought about PMing you on here just so you knew, but I didn't want to spoil SS. I probably should have though. I'm just glad it got there.

Oh I don't think I ever posted in this what I got. Audra was my SS and she got me one of the Gargoyles comic books. :D

Sharifu
February 21st, 2013, 05:28 AM
I'm so glad to hear you got your gift Leor! The ice tray is awesome. :lol: What perfect gifts for you, hehe.

nathalie
February 21st, 2013, 08:22 AM
Those are just awesome! haha

cleargreenwater
February 21st, 2013, 01:18 PM
LOL, that is too funny!

nathalie
February 21st, 2013, 07:08 PM
The text on the packaging alone is just awesome :lol:

Azerane
March 5th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Can't believe I never saw your post Leor, that is an awesome gift :lol: Nice choice Amanda! Glad that it all worked out in the end. :)