PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy today because...

Azerane
October 14th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Thought I would bring this back again, helps that I had a good day ;)

I'm happy today because Pat booked his flights and he arrives in 16 days, 14 hours and 50 minutes! :D

Excitement central.

cleargreenwater
October 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Wow, that's definitely happy! :D Lucky skunk, he'll be getting there just as it starts getting cold here & enjoying another few extra months of summer! Not a bad deal at all.

I am happy today because, I actually had an afternoon yesterday to sit around and draw and did an art trade with someone for the first time in YEARS! It was wonderful, and hopefully starts a trend. I intend to try again today, at any rate.

HasiraKali
October 15th, 2012, 12:48 AM
I'm happy today because the Rampage won. :D Hard fought victory too.

Azerane
October 20th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Because I had a very productive day, two loads of washing, fixed the washing machine, 2 loads of the dishwasher for lots of my casserole dishes etc that have never been used but will be needed after pat gets here and we move out. So lots of preparation and tidying etc. Was also happy to see that my native flowers are attracting native bees :)

Also, less than 11 days!!! :D :D

cleargreenwater
October 24th, 2012, 10:09 PM
I'm happy because I took the day off tomorrow and will be getting a 24 hour breather from the office.

Of course I also have to drive my mother to the airport at 4 A.M. this evening, but at least I can return to sleep afterward!

Azerane
October 25th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cool, a day off. But 4am is not cool. I have enough trouble getting up for a 6am start at work.

cleargreenwater
October 28th, 2012, 11:44 PM
I am happy today because I have the peace of mind of having a fireplace/kodiak stove in my house, so that even if we loose power for days from this monster storm, I still have heat, light, and a way to cook/heat up/eat warm food.

I swear when I get a place of my own a fireplace is a must. Not even a nicety, a must. 2 winters ago we lost power here in a blizzard for 4 hours from ice, and thanks to it stayed nice & warm and brought the old people next door over too.

HasiraKali
October 29th, 2012, 02:07 AM
I'm happy today because tomorrow is an inservice. I don't really want to go to work and listen to a bunch of BS all day, but I'm glad to get a break from the kids for a day. Love them, but I need a break. :lol:

Azerane
October 30th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Best of luck to you CGW, hope the storm doesn't affect you too badly.

I'm happy because Pat made it safely across to LA and is now flying over the pacific ocean! :D Exciting, but also makes me nervous as well.

Sombolia
October 31st, 2012, 07:22 PM
I'm happy because today is the best holiday of the year! Had a party last Saturday but I'm going out again with some friends tonight, it should be fun.

HasiraKali
November 1st, 2012, 12:43 AM
I'm happy because it's Halloween! :D It's my favorite. Not much going on right now though. Stupid weekday.

Azerane
November 2nd, 2012, 09:42 AM
I'm happy today because I came home from work and Pat was still here :p

cleargreenwater
November 9th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I. HAVE. POWER!!!!!

It came back at 4:30 this morning, it took me a minute to realize what woke me up! LOL

I have heat! I have light!

It's been 11 days in the dark & cold, with only candles and a fireplace to get warm at and nighttime temperatures dipping below freezing, I've literally, honestly been chopping/sawing wood to keep warm!

I actually got to shower in a warm bathroom this morning!

ELEVEN DAYS.

I am so happy!

HasiraKali
November 10th, 2012, 12:03 AM
That's great news and an excellent reason to be happy. :D

I'm just happy because it's Friday. And I have raw broccoli. :lol:

Bryony
November 28th, 2012, 04:28 AM
I'm happy because today (or tonight?) I've re-discovered this place :3

nathalie
January 20th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I'm happy right now because it stopped snowing, and all my plans for the next days, might not have to be cancelled :D

Jazzy B Bunny
January 20th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I'm happy because I just bought the 'now that's what I call disney' cd! :D

ThiagoPE
January 20th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Because i found out that now I have 3d versions of all the movies i had bought it before in 2d only!

KanuTGL
January 20th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I'm happy because I have lots of Doctor Who to watch :lol: Finished off the "Classic" first season just now. Great fun :D

Simbaspirit
January 20th, 2013, 07:57 PM
I'm happy because although I'm really stressed and it's been a bummer of a day, I get to snuggle up and watch TLK2 right now! haven't seen it in forever and i'm stoked :kovusmile:

lionkinglover
January 20th, 2013, 08:03 PM
i'm happy today because i'm getting a balto KFC figure

HasiraKali
January 20th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I'm happy today because I'm about to leave for Austin to see TLKoB :D

nathalie
January 20th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Oooo, check for shot-glasses and magnets :p haha

HasiraKali
January 22nd, 2013, 02:17 AM
Dangit, I didn't see your post in time. They had both. I can get them when I go in February if you want.

Sharifu
January 22nd, 2013, 02:33 AM
Oh Amanda, you are going to see TLKoB in February? Can you buy the magnets for me too? Do you happen to know if they still sell this bracelet?

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=2509786

I own that bracelet, I bought one when I saw TLKoB in London in 2006, but one of the charms broke off a few months ago when I was at Disneyland. :(

nathalie
January 22nd, 2013, 08:23 AM
Yeah, I'd like the glasses and magnets.

I think I got another bracelet from when I was in London in 2010. Mine has got colored stones in between.

Sharifu
January 22nd, 2013, 06:46 PM
I have the bracelet with the colored stones too. Petteri bought it for me when he saw TLKoB in London, in 2010 as well, hehe. So I don't know if they sell the gold bracelet with the black stones anymore, but I thought I would ask.

nathalie
January 22nd, 2013, 07:09 PM
I didn't see it in 2010 and 2012 when I was there.
Because knowing myself, I would have probably took that one too, haha, it looks nice with all the masks.

HasiraKali
January 23rd, 2013, 01:56 AM
I can't recall if the bracelet they had had colored beads or black beads. I don't wear charm bracelets so I didn't really look. If it has black beads, would you want me to pick one of those up too?

I need to make a list. :lol:

Sharifu
January 23rd, 2013, 03:45 AM
If it has black beads, would you want me to pick one of those up too?

Yes please. Thank you. :D

Azerane
February 1st, 2013, 10:18 AM
I'm happy today because my mum doesn't have to have her last 3 chemo treatments (bit of a blessing and a curse perhaps), unfortunately it's only because she has too much tingling in her hands and feet but it means she gets a five week break to recover for a bit before her radiation and she'll hopefully be feeling pretty good for the engagement party that pat and I have planned for the first of march.

KanuTGL
February 1st, 2013, 08:13 PM
Today I am happy because it's finally Friday. This week has been really crazy. And in a moment me and Adam are off to watch Life of Pi, which I'm pretty happy about too!

Azerane
February 3rd, 2013, 07:06 AM
^What did you think of the movie?

I'm happy today because I got to take 353 pictures of good quality of a square-tailed kite. One of the rarest birds in South Australia :D Super exciting bird nerd time! :p

Azerane
February 3rd, 2013, 07:06 AM
^What did you think of the movie?

I'm happy today because I got to take 353 pictures of good quality of a square-tailed kite. One of the rarest birds in South Australia :D Super exciting bird nerd time! :p

Kasei
February 4th, 2013, 12:51 AM
I am happy today because I just spent a great weekend out of town with friends. :) I have a friend who works for a company called SOMO and they sell jewelry to benefit education in Uganda. She needed help with a photoshoot for a new line coming out this Spring and so a few friends and I went down to assist. Never done a photoshoot like that before, but it was really pretty exciting! :)

Simbaspirit
February 5th, 2013, 03:01 AM
I'm happy because FALL OUT BOY ARE BACK TOGETHER!! :cool::irule::cheese::nalawet::o:wow::kovusmile:

No seriously i've been basically jumping on my bed all day. This band meant the world to me when I was 14 and six years later I can't wait to see them live again.

King Simba
February 5th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I'm happy today because I have confirmation of my holidays for the summer! :D

KanuTGL
February 5th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I really enjoyed Life of Pi :) Definitely a very good film, and the work they had done on Richard Parker was incredible. Sometimes I really forgot that he wasn't a real tiger, hehe.

Today I am happy because I soon will be off to finally get my hair cut so I'll be able to see again :lol:

Sombolia
February 8th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I'm happy because FALL OUT BOY ARE BACK TOGETHER!! :cool::irule::cheese::nalawet::o:wow::kovusmile:

No seriously i've been basically jumping on my bed all day. This band meant the world to me when I was 14 and six years later I can't wait to see them live again.

YESSS! Me too.

Also, it's Friday! No school today, whee.

KanuTGL
February 8th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Today I am happy because I went to the cinema again with some new friends and had a very nice time :) Despite us watching Les Misérables... :lol: Good film/story, but so sad at times ;_;

Azerane
February 20th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Super happy/excited today. We had our first inspection today and the real estate lady said I'm allowed to have a rabbit! :D It's a no pets allowed rental agreement but because it's an elevated outdoor hutch she said it's fine! Yay!

cleargreenwater
February 20th, 2013, 05:20 PM
I am happy today because I found the time and inspiration to participate in the TLKFAA contest, yay! I'll take a 3 pictures a year average, it's better than it's been :lol:

Kasei
February 21st, 2013, 12:18 PM
That's awesome CGW! Yaaaay fan arts!! :3

I am happy because today is Thursday which means tomorrow is Friday and thus the weekend is closer. xD What can I say? Some days I'll take the little things...

cleargreenwater
February 21st, 2013, 01:24 PM
^ Totally understand :lol:

I'm happy today because.....I had this absolutely STUPID bizarre dream that I'm still all "LOLOLOL WUT?" over that seems to have really set the tone for the day. When you wake up dreaming that your workplace is overrun by Vegas/circus performers out for someone's wedding who feed their show animals sparkly chalk pellets so they poo glitter all over the office.......you're just destined to spend the rest day looking around you going "LOL" :lol:

I still have zero idea where the heck that came from. I get the wedding part cuz a coworker got engaged this past weekend, but the rest of it? NOT A CLUE.

Sombolia
February 23rd, 2013, 08:42 PM
I've been feeling really ill this past week but I feel loads better today. Yay! :D

KanuTGL
February 23rd, 2013, 11:31 PM
I went to my very first anime/manga/Japan-convention today and it was great fun. I saw so many awesome cosplays :D Next time I go to one of these I need to have my own costume; it just seems so fun :lol:

Azerane
February 24th, 2013, 06:15 AM
I'm happy today because I got my bunny! Need to decide on a name.

cleargreenwater
February 25th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I'm happy because starting this week, I'm actually able to start putting little monies aside for the odd vacation every now & then without putting it all on my card.

Guntur
February 26th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I'm generally happy because I will get a new car tomorrow and just started Torchlight 2 New Game +

cleargreenwater
February 26th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Wow, new pets, new cars, those are some big things for everyone lately. Congrats!

Guntur
February 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Wow, new pets, new cars, those are some big things for everyone lately. Congrats!

April probably a new set of PC for me. =) so I have a lot of things in mind.

To all who had a great day congratulations! wish you all well.

Kasei
February 27th, 2013, 02:50 AM
I am happy today because I woke up this morning and was healthy and it was not raining. Also my family is all well and I have great friends. :) Just feeling thankful overall this evening, life is good! Even when it's bad, the Earth is still beautiful and life is still good--and I love that about life. :3

...also, I got to practice putting someone in a sleeper-hold with my legs today for a self-defense class. xD Always fun.

Azerane
February 27th, 2013, 11:12 AM
^That's so lovely... though remind me not never to accept the invitation of a sleep-over at your place. Never want to get caught in one of those sleeper holds :p

I'm happy today because I made bonding progress with Bandit. He, or rather she (apparently after our vet visit today) came right up and jumped onto my lap to eat the pellets that I had for her. It was especially important because she had a very bad experience at the vet where I lost my grip and she leapt off the exam table and had a bad landing. I felt absolutely awful about it and cried after I got home, but having her come up to me like that so trusting later really made my day :)

cleargreenwater
February 27th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I'm happy today because I made bonding progress with Bandit. He, or rather she (apparently after our vet visit today) came right up and jumped onto my lap to eat the pellets that I had for her. It was especially important because she had a very bad experience at the vet where I lost my grip and she leapt off the exam table and had a bad landing. I felt absolutely awful about it and cried after I got home, but having her come up to me like that so trusting later really made my day :)

That IS fantastic. Really fantastic. I was asking in the pets thread if she was socialized because the one rabbit I had as a pet as a child was bought from a breeder, too, but he was evil. I should have suspected something cause he was the last, only one left from the litter and full-grown already, but it was like mixing General Woundwort with the Monty Python rabbit, he'd get this crazed bunny glare, charge out of the hutch and attack whenever I went in to change the hay or food or anything, it was miserable. Eventually I gave him to a 4-H friend in the small animals club who overlapped with the rabbit club and bred/raised Dutch color rabbits like him, I couldn't do it anymore :-(

...also, I got to practice putting someone in a sleeper-hold with my legs today for a self-defense class. xD Always fun.

Okay, honest question, are self-defense classes really worth it? Like is the stuff they teach you really useful/practical? Cuz a co-worker was talking about how one was offered at her YMCA, but my only experience with them was a two-class freebie from back in college and it was just basic martial arts, it was like taking karate again & just not my bag. I'm interested because I feel like it would help my anxiety but if I pay for a class I want to feel like its handy stuff, I don't want to earn a belt. It could have been that particular college gym freebie, too, though.

And, uh, to keep it on topic.....I'm happy today because I'm feeling social & well rested again after feeling fried and withdrawn for a couple of weeks and because my immune system is boss and I haven't caught any of the office plagues like everyone else in my department has all this winter. Just dodged a second bullet, some stomach bug I avoided! *cheers*

Azerane
February 28th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I'm happy today because I've finally had a chance to just sit down now, and relax. It's been a very long and busy day. Engagement party tomorrow night so I spent much of the afternoon cleaning up outside and putting up fairy lights. I swear, if you've never swept leaves off of a paved area, you don't know how frustrating it is! They get stuck in every single little gap, crazy!

That IS fantastic. Really fantastic. I was asking in the pets thread if she was socialized because the one rabbit I had as a pet as a child was bought from a breeder, too, but he was evil. I should have suspected something cause he was the last, only one left from the litter and full-grown already, but it was like mixing General Woundwort with the Monty Python rabbit, he'd get this crazed bunny glare, charge out of the hutch and attack whenever I went in to change the hay or food or anything, it was miserable. Eventually I gave him to a 4-H friend in the small animals club who overlapped with the rabbit club and bred/raised Dutch color rabbits like him, I couldn't do it anymore :-(

That's gotta be tough, rabbits can be difficult animals at times. Was your rabbit desexed? I know there's the whole "desex your pet it will make them better behaved" myth thing going around. But with rabbits, it can actually make a very significant difference in both their temperament and their litter box habits. Sorry to hear that he was like that though, can't have been fun for either of you. Trying to train rabbits out of those behaviours is tough too. I'm glad he found a good home though. My very first rabbit wasn't friendly. She wasn't mean, she just wasn't very tame, but that's what I get for buying from some random woman with a pile of baby rabbits in her backyard hutch :p Oh how I've come a long way since then, would never buy a rabbit from a situation like that now.

nathalie
February 28th, 2013, 11:37 AM
My first rabbit was very friendly.
You couldn't really pick her up though, but the cage was in the living room in front of the TV, so I would sit down on the floor in front of her cage almost every single evening, with the cage open, and I could easily pet her, she would lick my fingers, lol, and my jeans ... she had an obsession with jeans ... wouldn't stop licking it o_O

Now, all these rabbits at Kenny's place, I'm not very interested in them.
Yeah, they are cute.
It stops there, lol.
Kenny can hold them pretty easy, but me? Nah.
They know Kenny much better then they know me, they aren't for petting and such, and I just don't feel like doing it eather.
I told him not to get the first 2, but he wouldn't listen, lol.
If he had listened, we wouldn't have had 10 in the end :o :lol:

Sombolia
March 1st, 2013, 09:19 PM
It's a quiet day, it's the weekend, I've got the house to myself and the weather is really nice!

Azerane
March 2nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
^That does sound nice. I always enjoyed having the house to myself ever now and then. And sunny weather is just the best, really hoping it's nice tomorrow so that I can sit out in the sun with Bandit for a bit.

I'm happy today because we opened all our cards today from our engagement party (yesterday) and we got some really nice ones and people were really generous with gifts etc. Melts your heart a bit.

My first rabbit was very friendly.
You couldn't really pick her up though, but the cage was in the living room in front of the TV, so I would sit down on the floor in front of her cage almost every single evening, with the cage open, and I could easily pet her, she would lick my fingers, lol, and my jeans ... she had an obsession with jeans ... wouldn't stop licking it o_O

Now, all these rabbits at Kenny's place, I'm not very interested in them.
Yeah, they are cute.
It stops there, lol.
Kenny can hold them pretty easy, but me? Nah.
They know Kenny much better then they know me, they aren't for petting and such, and I just don't feel like doing it eather.
I told him not to get the first 2, but he wouldn't listen, lol.
If he had listened, we wouldn't have had 10 in the end :o :lol:

:lol: Your rabbit sounds very sweet. Lots of licking! Rabbits can be pretty picky with people, and especially shy towards new people until they get to trust them. But I think that's likely the prey response in them.

Kasei
March 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM
Okay, honest question, are self-defense classes really worth it? Like is the stuff they teach you really useful/practical? Cuz a co-worker was talking about how one was offered at her YMCA, but my only experience with them was a two-class freebie from back in college and it was just basic martial arts, it was like taking karate again & just not my bag. I'm interested because I feel like it would help my anxiety but if I pay for a class I want to feel like its handy stuff, I don't want to earn a belt. It could have been that particular college gym freebie, too, though.

I can't speak for all self-defense classes, obviously, but I am having a blast in mine! It helps that my instructor is really good, he's going for his black belt in Brazillian Ju-Jitsu and wins gold at all sorts of competitions and stuff, so I'm sure the level of knowledge of whoever is teaching you has a lot to do with the quality of what you learn. But I think it's useful for sure, the place I go he has us attack each other and actually use the defense stuff in a combat situation. I threw him over my back once, for example. xD He also teaches us how to fall correctly with the least amount of injury, so that is useful.

Of course, Ju Jitsu is very similar to wrestling in that it is more about using the opponent's momentum/body weight against them than about punches and kicks. In fact, I don't think he's taught us to do anything more than knee someone in the face, and even that wasn't practiced, just suggested. Pretty much all we've practiced is how to get out of choke holds or what to do if the attacker has got you on the ground/comes up from behind and grabs you/etc. All-in-all I find it incredibly useful. But then again I have always wanted to do this (and would still love to take karate or some other more offense-based martial art, in fact, so that I can not only get them off of me but keep them away).

I would say maybe try a few places and see what you like! Most gyms will offer a trial period or free class, just do some shopping. At the very least you'll pick up lots of different tips and moves. :>

Also, I am happy today because it is Saturday and I get to doodle around a bit today in between running errands. Also, it means I only have to teach four more days next week before Spring Break is here!!!! :D And that means summer is getting closer!! And that means my Europe trip!! And hopefully some camping/mountain climbing! So excited! :D :D :D I'm telling you, life rocks. Sad things are happening now too, but I am choosing to focus on these things, yep yep. That's what I like about this thread, it reminds me that life is what you make it and what you choose to fill it with. <3

nathalie
March 2nd, 2013, 07:26 PM
:lol: Your rabbit sounds very sweet. Lots of licking! Rabbits can be pretty picky with people, and especially shy towards new people until they get to trust them. But I think that's likely the prey response in them.

Unfortunatly, she died 4 years ago :( (I think it was 4 years ago, or 3).

The ones at Kenny's place, I fed them ever since they were 2 months old (weren't allowed to touch them when they were born, didn't want the mom to rip them apart for them smelling like humans), so you'd think they know you a little bit, but then again, when they got older and older, I really lost more and more interest in them, to be honest.

KanuTGL
March 2nd, 2013, 11:25 PM
I'm happy today because I actually got some things done. I've got so many projects running parallel to each other at the moment, but today I did some tiny progress on all except two, which feels good :lol:

King Simba
March 2nd, 2013, 11:27 PM
I'm happy today because I had a good shift at work and I got to talk to Emilio on webcam today. Happy days. :D

shadowland
March 5th, 2013, 06:52 AM
I'm happy because i slept for 14 hours, drank cider, played tomb raider 2, messed around on my guitar and had a mind-numbingly lazyboring day :relax:

KanuTGL
March 5th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I'm happy today because one of the major presentations of this term is done. We didn't get particularly helpful critique on our poster and we've still got to finish the report, but I'm just so glad it's over xP

Guntur
March 5th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I'm happy because it's been a while since me and Utora chat on IM. great to see her again.

Oh, extremely happy on Sim City 5 a.k.a 2013. Excellent game except for Origin always online DRM crap.

cleargreenwater
March 5th, 2013, 11:15 PM
I'm happy today because one of the major presentations of this term is done. We didn't get particularly helpful critique on our poster and we've still got to finish the report, but I'm just so glad it's over xP

That IS happy, I would take the report writing part of a project over the public speaking part any day D:

I'm happy today because I'm finally shaking the cold I had all weekend and feeling better.

Utora
March 6th, 2013, 06:21 AM
I'm glad you are feeling better CGW!

I am happy today because....

I will be off for two days in 5 hours and 40 minutes.
I am going to Chicago soon.
Umm....because...they have...cheese strudel muffins in the break room again. YES.
:o

HasiraKali
March 11th, 2013, 01:48 AM
I'm happy this evening because my dad and I were "Season Ticket Holders of the Game" at the Rampage game tonight. I got an autographed playoffs puck from last season and a voucher for a special edition pendent from Americus Diamond. :D You usually have to request it from your ticket representative, but the lady in charge of season ticket events stopped me randomly while I was walking to my seat and asked if we wanted to have it this game. So awesome. We're going to pick up the pendent tomorrow.

Kasei
March 11th, 2013, 03:25 AM
I'm happy because i slept for 14 hours, drank cider, played tomb raider 2, messed around on my guitar and had a mind-numbingly lazyboring day :relax:

Sounds like the best day ever! I am happy because my day was incredibly similar to yours! Took a long nap to recover from a long week and late night and spent most of my day drawing in between going to see the Hobbit with my Dad. ^^ Now I'm off to bed so I can wake up and eat breakfast sooner, yay!!! :D

Utora
March 11th, 2013, 07:10 AM
http://cdn.iseecars.com/image2/w450/02audia4.jpg

After 9 months of purgatory without a car, I'm finally getting this from a friend for hardly nothing!

2002 Audi A4

:o

Azerane
March 11th, 2013, 07:19 AM
I'm happy today because I finished more art. Though my hand is getting sore, it's nice to achieve something that I used to enjoy so much. Now, if only I'd spent all that time on getting the kitchen tidy :hmm:

Sombolia
March 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
I'm happy because I cleaned my bedroom and it's actually habitable again. :lol:

KanuTGL
March 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM
But time spent on art is never wasted, Azzy :lol:

I'm happy because my new computer is so far running smoothly, aside from the fact that Windows 8 is pretty rubbish.

King Simba
March 11th, 2013, 08:22 PM
I'm happy today because I just finished work for 2 days! Yay! :D

Azerane
March 13th, 2013, 06:49 AM
I'm happy today because I actually had a really productive day at work. I've been struggling lately because I've been constantly playing catch-up since the end of january, so it was nice to take a healthy chunk out of that. Hoping to keep it up so I can actually get on top of everything for when the Auditor comes.

Otherwise, just been a nice day, let Bandit out on the lawn for a few hours, I think it's only the second or third time he's been on there because it's just been too hot to have him outside and I've been bringing him into the laundry every day.

Utora
April 15th, 2013, 03:15 AM
I confirmed plans to meet Lweek in Lodon.
The weather is finally amazing here.
I managed to actually paint my nails nicely without looking like I did them drunk.

-_-

Azerane
April 17th, 2013, 06:03 AM
I'm happy today because I finally got a new power cord for my laptop after my wonderful rabbit chewed through the first one :p I ended up buying in a retail store, but the one we got was on sale so it was only $3 more than the Dell brand one I originally ordered online (which it turned out they were out of stock of and I wouldn't get until mid-May!)

nathalie
April 17th, 2013, 06:51 AM
I'm happy my Baileys cheesecake turned out quite allright!

Let's get drunk *cheers*

cleargreenwater
June 25th, 2013, 04:13 AM
I'm happy because I just came home from seeing Counting Crows again and Adam Duritz is STILL the most adorable thing on earth, even if he is much less bouncey now than he was the first time a "few" years ago, lol.

ThiagoPE
June 25th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Im happy today because my work just anounced that we will reduce our workhours/day from 8 to 6 without wage reduction. yay!

cleargreenwater
June 25th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Im happy today because my work just anounced that we will reduce our workhours/day from 8 to 6 without wage reduction. yay!

WOW, does that seriously happen? No way! o_o

I never even heard of that, awesome! :D

Uhm, I'm happy because...it's Deadliest Catch/Tuesday night seafood night? xD

ThiagoPE
June 26th, 2013, 12:44 AM
WOW, does that seriously happen? No way! o_o

I never even heard of that, awesome! :D

Also me never heard of it, those are the effects of the protests we're having here in Brazil. (I work in a govern company)
The reason for that is how we are going to work only part time, they will save because now they will not need to pay our lunch, also they will save on power, water, phone and other bills.

Sharifu
June 26th, 2013, 02:20 AM
I'm happy because I ordered Gargoyles Season 2 Volume 2 on DVD today, now I finally have the whole series on DVD! Took Disney long enough. (Season 1 was released in 2004, and Season 2 Volume 1 was released in 2005) I seriously thought it was never going to get released. Although it's only available through the Disney Movie Club, but that is no problem for me, I was actually considering joining already since I bought so many Disney movies on blu-ray within the last year.

Safila
June 26th, 2013, 07:54 AM
I have a 4th casual job as a Disney Princess. Today had my first one on one party as Tinkerbell.

King Simba
June 26th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I'm happy today because I'll see Leor all day and that we're flying to Cancun in just a couple of hours. :D

Dare
June 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I'm happy today because the US Supreme Court ruled that DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) was unconstitutional.
In addition, I believe NJ Governor Chris Christie just signed a bill that will hopefully help a lot of people when dealing with potentially toxic landfill emissions and making sure landfill operators adhere to regulations.
Thus today, for me at least, was a good day in politics.

Also, I can eat solid food again. JOY! \o/

Guntur
June 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I'm really happy that I build and owned a new PC rig.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1048343_10151428877341751_1560135532_o.jpg

Processor and Chipset: Intel core i5 3470 Ivy Bridge (Speed on 3.3 GHz) & Asus P8Z77-V LK
RAM: Daft Pu.... (kidding. :haha:) Kingston 8 GB 1600 MHz
Hard Drive: Western Digital 2 Tera.
Graphic Processing Unit: Gainward Nvidia GTX 650 2.00 GB (Non OC)
Peripheral: Steel Series Mouse Kinzu V|2, Steel Series Diablo 3 Mousemat. Razer Anansi, Soundblaster Tactic 3d Rage.
Others: CPU Heatsink: Coolermaster - Coolermaster new generation Casing Tower.

Azerane
June 29th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I'm happy today for completely nerdy reasons! Yesterday there were rumours about someone having photographed and filmed the Night Parrot, a native bird which there's only been records from possible brief sightings and about 3 dead specimens turning up since the early 1900's. So today, I bought the paper because there was supposed to be an article on it. And there is; two photos of a Night Parrot and a great article. Apparently there's a team gathering this week to analyse the photos, video and audio recording of the birds to decide on their authenticity. The bird in the photos is definitely a Night Parrot, even I can tell that, it's more whether they're doctored or not. It's really exciting though (to me at least). This is a bird that while not presumed extinct because of odd sightings and the finding of some deceased individuals, it has never before been photographed!! That in itself is amazing to me. I'm really excited about it. :D Really hoping that it's genuine and looking forward to seeing the footage and listening to the call.

Words cannot explain my excitement! :D

You should be able to read the article online here: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/tweets-in-the-night-a-flash-of-green-is-this-our-most-elusive-bird/story-e6frg8y6-1226671683508 lots of heavy watermarking on that image though. Actually, the link might not work, but if you type into google news search night-parrot and click on the link it should work that way.

/bird nerd time.

HasiraKali
June 29th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I'm happy today because the swelling around my new tattoo has gone down and I can walk without limping. :D It took a little longer than usual because it's on a lower extremity, but now it's doing what I was expecting at first. I'm excited.

nathalie
June 29th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I'm happy because I saw my favorite nephew today, hehe.
He studied something about neuro-psycology or something like that in school, and he works with disabled kids.
So he's very understanding, and I've always found I could really talk to him about things.

I just randomly asked him, because he works with those kids, if some of them might have panic disorders, none of them had, but he knew what it was.

And it was just so nice talking to him about it, he totally understood me (unlike others).
Obviously, I can't talk to him about a lot of things, because he is my nephew ... :(

His brother then later on said something about "you shouldn't buy all that Lion King, haha"

To which my nephew says: oh yeah ... do you still collect that? I'm pretty sure that if you still do, it's your comfort zone, isn't it?

Guy can just read my mind ... I always feel so much better talking to him, even if it is just for 10 minutes.

cleargreenwater
June 30th, 2013, 03:14 AM
^ Yay, I'm glad you found an ally in your family!

I'm happy today because I found part of a turtle shell out hiking this afternoon! It's been pouring rain here all week, so there's lots of erosion and lots of things being washed up and out, its obviously been around for a while because it's pure clean bone and flooded out on to the trail only recently. It isn't the full carapace, but a big enough piece, about 2 by 2 or 3 inches. Water turtle of some sort I'm guessing because it isn't domed enough to be a box turtle, it's flatter than that. I'm over the moon about it though because turtles are very special animals to me, I absolutely love them, so this is a most excellent super cool gift of nature to find.

nathalie
June 30th, 2013, 05:10 PM
^ Yay, I'm glad you found an ally in your family!

Yeah. Too bad I only see him once or twice a year.

Sombolia
July 1st, 2013, 06:49 AM
I don't get to see my family very often either. ): It sucks!

Well, I'm happy today because I had a good time with my friends, and finally saw Iron Man 3. =)

KanuTGL
July 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
I'm happy today because TL is here! Heheheee :D

cleargreenwater
July 6th, 2013, 02:32 PM
I'm happy today because it's a non-rainy Saturday and I just found out that with the barcode on my Library card I can sign up for free little online hobby/enrichment programs and download select magazines from home to keep forever for free, too.

Excellent job, Library, moving into the twenty-second century.

KanuTGL
July 7th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I'm happy today because me and Adam finally got to go on our 10km walk that we've been planning all week :3 The weather today was absolutely lovely and even though we're a bit sunburnt now we really enjoyed it :D Went for my first swim in the sea of the season too!

Sombolia
July 9th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I'm finally home! :roar: I was sad to leave Austin, but I'm happy to have some peace and quiet, nice dry weather, my own bed and to cuddle with my cats haha.

Azerane
July 19th, 2013, 09:31 AM
So.... my mum had her follow-up scan last week. She got her results today. No cancer!!! Of course it's only the first step since she only finished up her treatments a bit over two months ago, but it's fantastic because her cancer was an aggressive invasive form. I have high hopes :) I think she has to have scans every 6 months for the next 10 years though before she's considered all clear.

KanuTGL
July 19th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Aww, that really is something to be happy about! :) I'm so glad to hear it!

cleargreenwater
July 20th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Wow, Azerane. That's beyond fantastic!

Azerane
July 21st, 2013, 01:40 AM
Thanks Kanu and CGW :hugs:

cleargreenwater
July 27th, 2013, 03:27 PM
I'm happy today because it's my last shift at the fair tonight! Going right from my 9-5 day job then working til 10 during the week is makes for Long. ***. Days. I can't wait to get home & just sit & do nothing for hours!

Also happy because I finally paid off all the car repairs on my credit card yesterday so I can start saving for Disney again now ^^ Yay!

Safila
July 30th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I bought a new bed for Avery :lalala:

Azerane
August 21st, 2013, 05:55 AM
I'm happy today because we'd been trying to get the place tidy for an inspection tomorrow, then I was flipping through some paperwork and glanced at the letter about the inspection, turns out it's next week, not this week. Which is completely awesome because since I've had my wisdom teeth out and been sick the house is a complete mess, so we have more time to tidy it up and I don't have to rush around doing that while sick :) It also means that we've tidied a bunch up and it looks better and cleaner and it's just nice to have a clean and tidy house.

Azerane
August 28th, 2013, 01:41 AM
I'm happy today because weather-wise, it's the most beautiful day we've had in months, AND I have the day off work! :D

cleargreenwater
September 11th, 2013, 11:57 PM
I'm happy today because yesterday I was unexpectedly given a small raise! :D It isn't even time for my yearly review or anything o_o

Safila
September 12th, 2013, 12:11 AM
The bridge on my guitar is fixed in time for my 'Voice' audition on saturday :lalala:

cleargreenwater
September 15th, 2013, 02:54 PM
The bridge on my guitar is fixed in time for my 'Voice' audition on saturday :lalala:

:O You mean the TV show?? :o

I'm happy today because, on an up note due to an auto insurance problem, I will soon be getting new license plates and finally am going for it & getting vanity ones with "CGW" on them as the letters portion.

KanuTGL
September 15th, 2013, 03:37 PM
How did it go, Safila!? :o

And I'm happy today because I get to spend time with friends; I've been feeling really lonely all weekend, so this is exactly what I needed :3

Safila
September 15th, 2013, 09:49 PM
My audition went well I think :)

Got there at 4pm, had to fill in 'yes I will' forms, police checks, confidentiality forms etc and went and sat and started the waiting. about 5.30 I got taken in for my 'get to know you' chat in front of 3 producers etc where they asked things, I knew they would but they left asking about dad till last, it was all on my application but they started how long has he passed away, what was it, how bad was it for me and mum, how did I feel,did mum have a new bf, by the time they stopped I was in tears, but got out of there not too bad. Sat back down and 15 min later one of the producers came out and started grilling mum about what was her job in sydney and then what she worked at now etc, thanked her and left.. about 6.30 I got given my number, and we were moved up to the posh soft sofas, where I was plugged in and re tuned before being taken to another room where diff producers and a record exec were waiting and a small film crew. Did my 2 songs with my guitar and then had to sing with a backing track to my #3 song which was 'Valerie' by Amy Winehouse. They stopped me half way thru that song and said they loved it the best suited my voice keychanges etc etc , all smiled and nodded and said awesome etc. Had thanked them and was heading to the door when the record exec stopped me and goes ' I know this might seem strange but one of your audition songs was 'Do you think I'm sexy' by Rod Stewart but you changed it to your own'.. I'm thinking omg he's going to tell me it was innapropriate or something, but he said 'I really enjoyed it and was wondering if you would sing it again for me so I can see if it is just as good 'live'. So away I went as they all sat there smiling and bopping along. Got to the end, he came and shook my hand, patted me on the shoulder and thanked me again and I was out the door.

Have to wait 2 weeks to hear from them if I have passed that audition and if I do it's on to the blind audition where it will be in front of Delta Goodrem, Seal, Joel Madden and Ricky Martin.
So who knows, there was so amazing singers there on saturday.. Oh and we have all had to sign forms banning us from saying anything on social media, if caught you are kicked off straight away.

Azerane
September 16th, 2013, 10:10 AM
It certainly sounds like they really enjoyed your audition. I'm sorry they grilled you on all those things, I mean, I suppose like you said it is bound to happen, but I can imagine it's still hard. Best of luck though, will be waiting with excited anticipation to hear if you get through, though I'm sure you will :) :hugs:

Also, I suppose I'm happy today because I got chosen to be a mod on the rabbit forum that I'm on, which is nice since it's a really busy forum, and the mod selection was done via member recommendation, so it's always nice to know that people like you :lol:

cleargreenwater
September 16th, 2013, 11:54 PM
I always wondered how they did that though, got everyone's stories told and recorded, before they even knew who would go through. Wow :D

Fingers crossed, good luck!

Azerane
September 17th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I'm happy today because I was worried I had the flu, turns out it's only a cold! Hooray! No muscle aches for me :D

Also, Bandit has been super cute today. (despite the nip I got when I trip to clip his nails earlier...)

Azerane
September 19th, 2013, 11:40 PM
I'm happy today because we just got out new oven hooked up! It's super exciting to have an oven after not having one (including stove) for about 4 weeks.

Sombolia
September 21st, 2013, 11:28 AM
I'm happy today because I've had a great week! I got a lot done and I'm quite proud of myself, and I capped it off by seeing my favorite band in concert with my best friend ^^

Safila
October 5th, 2013, 07:25 AM
I'm happy today cause I got an email telling me I got thru to the next round of that music tv program that I signed a confidentiality agreement about and can't say :lalala:

nathalie
October 5th, 2013, 07:57 AM
That's great Safila!

A friend of my mom's, her daughter was on Belgian Idols, she ended up 4th ...
I'm quite proud to say now for all these years, that I had the pleasure to perform with her 10 years ago, haha!

I'm quite happy, because I survived Kenny's sisters birthday party!
It was about time again I'd be going to parties again from that side of the family (they are quite loud and busy) so I always feel uncomfortable, but I was fine ^^

Azerane
October 6th, 2013, 02:14 AM
I'm happy today cause I got an email telling me I got thru to the next round of that music tv program that I signed a confidentiality agreement about and can't say :lalala:

Congratulations!! That's so fantastic! :D

ThiagoPE
October 6th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Im happy today becuause the exact same problem I have studied, were part of a written test i made today, so i will get a maximun score for it!.

Safila
October 14th, 2013, 01:51 AM
I'm happy today cause I just had Samuel playing the game threads I like so much :lalala:

nathalie
October 22nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
What a week ... first I meet Michael Shanks <3 and now I just got called for a job interview this Friday!

cleargreenwater
October 22nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
....and now I just got called for a job interview this Friday!

Yay, good luck!

And I'm happy today because...IDK. Went to the doctor yesterday to start treatment for my allergies, instead of flailing with them myself with a hundred different kinds of cold medicine several times a year?

Safila
October 25th, 2013, 03:23 AM
I'm happy today becuase I have another casual jobto add to my list, plus I'm thru another audition for that Singing show that I'm not allowed to mention :lalala:

nathalie
October 17th, 2015, 03:55 PM
I'm happy because the pizza place I order from re-opened today, so finally got to have one again!

little things ... little things ... lol

cleargreenwater
October 18th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Wow, I forgot about this thread :o But good pizza is worth digging it up for!

I'm happy today because I dug up my carrots and a decent batch of them were usable. There's some pest nematode issues in my soil, so relieved it wasn't as bad as I was convinced it would be.

Related to that, I'm happy because I made chicken soup with all my own grown vegetables: potatoes, carrots, celery & onions. Triumph!

nathalie
October 18th, 2015, 07:32 AM
If you plant carrots, you must plant a certain type of flower next to it, that flower will attract those critters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagetes

cleargreenwater
October 19th, 2015, 11:36 AM
If you plant carrots, you must plant a certain type of flower next to it, that flower will attract those critters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagetes

That is AWESOME :D Thank you so much for the tip, they sell those flowers all over the place I'm definitely gonna make sure I do that next year!

Guntur
October 19th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Well Tomorrow, gonna blonde my hair as an experimental. :D

nathalie
May 11th, 2016, 06:30 PM
I'm happy today because ... I went shopping for clothes, and for the first time ever, I picked up certain things, without having to look twice about the size, about what I look like in it, it was just "perfect" for a change.

Guntur
May 11th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Good to hear that, :D It's always good to buy a new cloths. :D

I'm right how happy because I'm working with uber and the paycheck are coming in real fast.

cleargreenwater
May 13th, 2016, 02:25 AM
@nathalie Nice, good shopping days are the best! It's like waiting for the stars to align, but it's great in the blue moon they do happen!

XoX
August 11th, 2016, 01:55 PM
I'm happy today, because so far my morning has been great! (Does 10 AM still count as morning?)
I'll probably just end up relaxing for most of today.

But, arguably the biggest reason I'm happy, is because today I'm driving with someone to a bigger town nearby, and we'll be near a Chick-fil-A! :D
I've never been to a Chick-fil-A, but I LOVE chicken!
If I wasn't driving with someone, I'd probably never end up going because it's too long of a drive for fastfood. (Especially since Taco Bell is about 5 minutes away, and I love TB <3 )

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/02/Chick-fil-A_Logo.svg/220px-Chick-fil-A_Logo.svg.png
Although I've been told I'm pronouncing it wrong.
It's supposed to sound like "Chick-filet", but I keep calling it "Chick-fillah" :|

nathalie
August 17th, 2016, 06:23 PM
I saw my cat today, my laptop was "broke" and got fixed today, and I had icecream for desert!

nathalie
August 23rd, 2016, 05:40 PM
Finding Somersby cider in our grocery store in Belgium *YES*

KanuTGL
August 23rd, 2016, 05:54 PM
I caught a few new Pokémon :p And got through a ton of errands today. Slowly getting ready for my move to a new flat in two weeks :cool:

Kossu
May 27th, 2018, 07:07 PM
I am happy today, because I just saw some pictures from the upcoming How to train your dragon 3 movie...And I am very hyped now.:D

KanuTGL
May 30th, 2018, 09:52 AM
I am happy today because I finished my thesis report and miiight be getting my degree this summer :lalala: ALSO I got a freaking job offer and I'm about to head out to sign the relevant papers in, like, an hour :D

Todaaaay is a good daaaay!

Safila
May 30th, 2018, 10:30 AM
^ congrats :wow:

I'm happy today, because mum's results came back and she is ok :smile3:

Kossu
January 23rd, 2019, 05:02 PM
^(Yay Saffy, even though my reply comes with a huge delay...I hope it's all fine now.:hugs: )

I am happy today, because I am done with the most difficult day of the week. Thursday and Friday will hopefully pass more quietly.:)

KanuTGL
January 23rd, 2019, 05:36 PM
I’m really happy because I went to the dentist fearing that the ”temporary plug” in my long, long root canal saga actually wasn’t as broken as I thought and they patched it up for free today so I can keep on waiting for the permanent filling. The tooth broke in October and in March I’m finally going to get it fixed... if I’m reeally, really lucky :timonmedical:

HasiraKali
February 21st, 2019, 01:25 AM
I'm happy today because I was selected by my school district to help write our new 7th grade science curriculum. :D There's five of us I think, so I'm very honored to have been chosen.

Kossu
March 19th, 2019, 07:27 AM
That sounds pretty cool HK!

I'm happy today, because I finally completed my thesis. Have to wait for a date to be set for my presentation and then I'll be 99% done with my studies.:lalala:

On another note, it feels pretty sad that this place is so dead.:(

nathalie
August 9th, 2019, 08:34 PM
I'm happy today, because yesterday was a Lion King day!

First met Simba and Nala from the London production.
Later that evening, met Jonathan again who used to play Simba.
And to end the evening, again, Matthew Broderick, who we all know I presume ^^

cleargreenwater
August 10th, 2019, 09:30 PM
No way, that was all in one day!? I saw the pictures on facebook but I thought you were just cleaning out your camera! That was a really really full day then!

nathalie
August 10th, 2019, 09:42 PM
No way, that was all in one day!? I saw the pictures on facebook but I thought you were just cleaning out your camera! That was a really really full day then!

Haha, no, it was all in one day :D

We got to London about 9.30, because the musical pop-up (workshops, info on costumes from Lion King & Aladdin, things like that) on Covent Garden opens at 10.
We had no intention of going to see Come From Away, but Adam wanted to try and see if we could get 20 £ front row tickets, which you can get when box office opens at 10 am.

So he went there, got the last 2 tickets available for that day (they have a few tickets every day for 20 £ up front at box office).

After that we went to Covent Garden to see the musical pop-up, but since I didn't really knew what it was about, we were out of there in like, 20 minutes.
At 4 pm there would be a Lion King performance and signing.
So in the meantime we just walked around, shopped, and then ended up on Leicester Square, where they were playing Babe (movie about a pig) on a big screen, which was cool! Watched it until the end, and then it was time to go back to the pop-up thing.

So there we met Simba & Nala who are currently in the musical on West End.
And they signed my TLKoB book.

After that, got some food on Leicester Square, and the next movie they were showing was Groundhog Day, watched the last 25 minutes of that.
(never liked that movie though)
Come From Away started at 7.30
Seats seemed absolutely terrible, and after me complaining how they should be ashamed to sell these ... :/
The show started, and they turned out very much alright!
Thing is, they sit on chairs alot, and I couldn't even see the chairs, so I was upset I wasn't going to see anything, but in the end, you did see them sitting down, so it was all good, thankfully.

After the show, met some of the actors again, got some more autographs, still haven't gotten them all.
And Jonathan smiles so nice when he sees me ^^ so nice to be recognized, haha.
First time I seen Lion King musical, he was the Simba, and left quite the impression <3

Then, we went to the theater where Matthew is doing his play, and since I didn't get a nice picture with him last time when we did see the play, we wanted to try again, and we saw him again ^^
He did his last show tonight, and will be leaving the UK now, so we had to try again before today.

Glad it all worked out in 1 day :D

KanuTGL
August 11th, 2019, 02:01 PM
^ What a day, you guys! :D Sounds super awesome!

I'm happy today because my friend's wedding yesterday was fantastic <3 I got to sing during the ceremony, right after they made their vows, which was a huge honour and I got so many compliments afterwards - everyone were so kind. Then I got to spend time with some of my dearest friends during the dinner, and even dance with the boyfriend through the night, teehee :kiss: (Neither of us can actually dance, but it was fun none the less xD) And it was lovely to see how happy the bride and groom were; I am so very happy for them and I'm still riding that wave of happiness from yesterday today, haha :timonrockon2:

nathalie
August 11th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Boyfriend ??? Ooooooooo

Sounded like a great wedding party ^^
I hate weddings, because I don't dance, lol.

KanuTGL
August 11th, 2019, 11:04 PM
Yeees, we've been seeing each other for some time now actually, but it hasn't been all smooth sailing so I've kind of kept it under wraps... :timonhehe: Going well now though! When we actually get to spend time together anyway, because he's been away on the world scouting jamboree the whole darn summer :lol:

This was by far the best wedding I've been to, I think mostly because I got to actually enjoy the dinner and evening - this couple was sensible and placed friends together at the tables so we could, you know, actually have a good time without the awkward, forced socialising you get otherwise. I know the idea is to *~get to know new people~* and stuff, but I'm like bugger that, I just want to hang out with my friends :p

Guntur
August 12th, 2019, 09:19 AM
That's a nice haul of meeting, congratulations.

Kossu
August 13th, 2019, 08:30 AM
Sounds like you had such a fantastic day Nathalie! And you met Matthew again, so cool!=D
And such a fun, special wedding for you Kanu! Congrats!:lalala:

This was by far the best wedding I've been to, I think mostly because I got to actually enjoy the dinner and evening - this couple was sensible and placed friends together at the tables so we could, you know, actually have a good time without the awkward, forced socialising you get otherwise.

Oh how I dislike that forced socialising part on weddings. Having to sit with strangers, because you're in the same age group or whatever. And it doesn't help that I can be very aloof around strangers so...I remember plenty of awkward, draining times at weddings.:woe:

nathalie
September 11th, 2019, 08:59 AM
I am still happy about last Friday, lol.

One of the actors in Come From Away was leaving, David, and we hadn't met him yet, so I really wanted to before he would leave.

So we just took a late afternoon trip to London.
We didn't see the show this time.
We stood at stage door about 15 min before the show ended, and we could hear some tunes at some points when it was very quiet outside, hehe.

Show is done, actors starting to come out.
Another guy is waiting too, he hadn't said much else besides wanting a picture and autograph, so I wasn't really paying attention, until suddenly, he's talking Dutch to one of the actors :o
With an amazed look on my face, I turn to them, and say 'Holland???'
The actor then starts talking 100% perfectly in Dutch, he lived there when little.
So cool ^^

I asked Jonathan last time if David had left yet, which he did, and we hadn't met him yet.
This was 4-5 weeks ago.

Jonathan comes out, goes to some people, them comes to us, and is like 'hey you guys!'
And asks me if I've seen David yet?
This man's memory is amazing, lol.

Took a while for David to come, as one of the real people the story is based on was there today :) and they were chatting.

But, we met him, along with all the others from the cast we hadn't met yet.
So I now also have all autographs ^^

nathalie
March 9th, 2020, 12:48 PM
We went to comic con Liverpool yesterday, as there was a small "Sabrina the Teenage With" reunion.
I've always liked Beth Broderick more then the other characters, lol, she plays aunt Zelda.

Normally both aunts would be there, but Caroline Rhea (aunt Hilda, the silly one) cancelled.
She was replaced by Jenna (can't remember her full name), but she plays Libby, the mean girl in school.

Also, Steve Guttenberg was supposed to come, bus he doesn't like germs at all, so he cancelled due to coronavirus. Last time we met him last year, he was wearing gloves.
So that was a shame for Adam, I already have a picture with him, but Adam wanted one.

Oh well.
Every actor had hand gell at their table, but everything is pulled out of proportion so big by "the people" themselves. It's mad. Like, toilet paper?? haha
Anyways, Adam met someone from Pirates of the Caribbean, first thing the guy does is asks us our names, and then gives both of us a hand.
(though, I seen one sign with 1 actor saying "please no handshakes")

When I had my pictures with Beth & Melissa, Beth had her arms open wide when I walked towards her and hugged me, and then put her arm around me for the picture.
Same with Melissa.

People just need to stop being idiots really.
If you didn't use hand gell (and aparently toilet paper) before, don't be a hypocrite and spoil it for people who buy it on a regular basis.

The Q&A's were really well done, everything started on time, ended on time. (over a 1000 people attended Elijah Wood's Q&A).

The pictures were a mess, they were implying I was a liar or a fraud, when I went in for my picture with Beth.
Surely, NO ONE in Great Brittain has my surname :lol:
"you're name has been scratched on the list, you had your picture"
Uhm, no I haven't, I had 11 am entry so couldn't have made the previous shoot "but your name is crossed off the list".
I bought them from the official website, since there is no data reach inside, I can't show you.
"*sigh* ... alright, go through then"

He sighed at me? lol.

Beth was soooo sweet, so I'm happy ^^

Kossu
March 12th, 2020, 07:27 PM
I saw the photos on facebook!:D Seemed pretty nice.:)

It's a good thing you managed to get the pictures, despite the messed up situation with the people controlling the list.:) Also lucky I guess, since a lot of cons are now massively cancelled.:\

nathalie
April 17th, 2020, 07:22 PM
The, oh so, very simple joys in life: watching a live stream on instagram, making a comment, and having the person read it out loud

:lol:

nathalie
June 26th, 2020, 10:48 AM
I am happy today, because in 16 days we'll be out of this hell house, and be at the beach for 8 days!!!

Own kitchen, no one messing with the heating in hot temperatures, no idiots around.

Holiday parks are opening next week in the UK, and I don't care if nothing is open shop-wise, I don't lay on the beach either, I just need to be away from this house and the stupid people in it (I swear, the most stupidest ones in this entire town live here), I am very happy to just be in the house the entire week and just relax, do some cooking & baking, and not wash my hands 100 times a day, because the only 2 people who will be in the holiday home for a week is just me and Adam.

YAY :D Already thinking about what I can cook & bake (lasagne, which I "could" do here, but it takes a long time, and with the others walking in and out of the kitchen and needing things, it's just really annoying).

Aaaand, I have a little bit of a job, a "gig" more, if you will, cat-sitting ^^ I'll be looking after a cat while it's owner is on holiday, and getting a nice amount of pocket money for that too.

The job-hunting sucks completely now, so this is a nice thing to get at least some cash.