PDA

View Full Version : An explanation....

This Land
July 12th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Some people may of noticed my absence on Lea, some may of not, some may care, some may not. *shrugs*

I wont lie, i have had loads of time to go on Lea, but i just.....cant. This don't just apply to lea, this applies to any forum I go on. I just want to let people know that even I hardly pop my nose onto Lea, it doesn't mean I don't care. I care about every single one of you who I know, and I understand that not taking part in forum activity's doesn't really help me prove this. For some reason i have just put a mental block on forums, i don't know why my mind has decided to do so...it just has. Call me a wuss but the only thing i can point it down to is that it brings back painful memories and experiences, (of course, never the happy ones ... ) from my times from TLKGO, and bad friction that came from that with and before its closure, why it has affected myself so much in relation to being on forums is still a mystery, I just take things alot to heart I guess. My activity is pretty much zero on msn aswell because i get bored way too quickly.

I have been putting myself off making this thread for ages because i thought it was silly to do such a thing, but it feels like i haven't another way to get some message across. Sorry if this explanation is brief, but its not wise to discuss my feelings too deeply, as ive just found out how hard it is to explain something like this as its put a downer on my mood already.

Take care everyone and see you around.

If this needs moving to a more appropriate place, please do so

Sadiki
July 12th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Hey bro, I know how that is. I hardly ever came on lea during 06 and 07, I think the longest time that I didn't even check the site ones was 9 months. I still talked with people outside the site, but didn't feel like checking it. It wasn't until in past 2 years I realized that this shouldn't be a problem. I used to feel like I have to check everything that is going on here, but I realized that I shouldn't check more than I feel like at the time. So yeah, you check the site as often as you please, don't make it a burden that it should not be.

Still the site has had lot of impacts on your life which you should not forget about, I know it's a lot easier to remember the bad times than the good ones, but I do know for sure Lea has gave you happy memories as well :hugs:

ThiagoPE
July 12th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Wise words TL, even i donīt think you really needed to do this explanation (everyone knows we have an tough life outside here, so leaving or being inactive doesnot mean you donīt care), but I understood how you fell

As walt disney said; "keep moving forward!"

Lucy
July 13th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I've missed you, TL. I understand, I have the same problem with parts of the internet. Little things will like trigger me, so I find it better to ignore stuff.

You take care too. I best see you again though :p

King Simba
July 13th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Hey, don't worry about it, Adam. :) I've missed your presence here at Lea, but if you feel you can't post here as often as you used to, then it's understandable. Even though we don't talk at all on MSN (at least not that much) I still class you as one of my bestest friends who I can look up to if I need anything. :hugs: The same applies to me too. And there have been times where I haven't felt like posting or talking either, so I know how it feels.

Take care, and we'll be here waiting for you if you decide you want to post more again. ;)

KanuTGL
July 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I miss you here too, but you do what you have to do :hugs:

At least I don't have to miss you much outside of the internet as of now, so I can accept that you aren't on Lea or MSN a lot any more, haha :p

Leorgathar
July 14th, 2011, 12:09 AM
TL, bro, just like some other people here, I have felt the same way of other forums I've been to, it's quite normal actually, and I think it's more common on people who have been in a forum for so many years. You have been part of Lea longer than me, in that sense I'm younger here, and maybe after a few more years I'll start feeling that way or similar, let alone that I know later in my life I'll have to deal with many more responsibilities IRL.

About previous bad experiences in the forums, don't let the past haunt you, man. I know it's easier said than done, but it's always worth a try to take a deep breath and let it go, at least temporarily. Try to excercise that a few times a day, and hopefully you'll see improvement. Keep remembering the good times, bro.
Now perhaps you haven't known me as well as other people here, but I gotta say you and Anna are two of the very few Lea peeps I've met IRL, and I think you're a great guy to hang around with. Hopefully I'll be visiting England very soon, and I'll be training my British English for next time we meet ;)
I hope you feel better about this soon, Adam :hugs:

Azerane
July 14th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Hey TL, glad to know you're doing well otherwise. Suppose I could have shot you an e-mail, but I'm slack. I think our times our pretty opposite msn-wise, but I've always enjoyed chatting to you. Of course there's no pressure for you to be posting here, I'm sure we'd all love to see you more active, but that's not our choice. In any case, I'm sure you'll figure it out, whether you start posting again or not.

:hugs: