PDA

View Full Version : Musical The Lion King in London

just a girl
December 17th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Hey, I'm kind of new here...I read some posts about the musical TLKoB in Australia, US and London...I saw it in London, 3 times...and I'm wondering...is it just me or was the cast they had a year or so ago alot better than this one? I mean, there is a new actor performing as Mufasa and new ones for Timon and Scar,...The actors playing Simba and Nala still rule tho, especially Simba (so cute :D )

Well anyway, was just wondering if anyone else saw it (not so long ago) and got the same impression. Or would just like to share his/her view on that production.

Bye bye

lion_roog
December 17th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Never seen TLKoB...I am so deprived...And welcome to LEa, new person...:D

nathalie
December 17th, 2005, 08:37 PM
If you look good in Everything the light touches, there is a big thread about the musical :)

Nephilim
December 17th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I've only ever seen it once, and that was in London. 'twas pretty, but I can't really comment.

just a girl
December 17th, 2005, 09:59 PM
lion_roog
Well, i bet you'll go see it if you get the chance...it's really a nice show!

Nathalie
I've checked, I know there's alot about the musical, but I was talking about the London production specifically.

I couldn't find forums related to this musical on the net and thought it would be ok to mention it here, since it's a big part of the whole Disney thing.

Besides, I think all those actors working their ... off on the stage, performing extraordinary, would need some compliments now and then
=D

Rafiki's stick
December 18th, 2005, 01:39 AM
wish I had a chance to see it...
have the money & time... but parents just don't
approve me doing anything related to TLK.
Especially flying abroad just to see a
stupid(in their words) musical:( *sigh*

TakaTiger
December 18th, 2005, 01:47 AM
im kinda far from england :D so no >.>

Simbaspirit
December 19th, 2005, 04:02 AM
no kidding!

and when im on TLKoB, your gonna have a thread just for me:lol:

lion_roog
December 19th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by just a girl
lion_roog
Well, i bet you'll go see it if you get the chance...it's really a nice show!

Yes...but I will only rob enough convenience stores to pay for my own ticket...:D

just a girl
December 19th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Simbaspirit
Don't actually know if your reply is cynical or not, but anyway, we'll open a whole new forum for you WHEN you're in that show ;)
Believe me, my best friend performs at lion king and it's not that easy and lovely as we (sitting in the audience) think.

lion_roog, good idea... But you should maybe think of another option...;)

Lucy Lioness
December 19th, 2005, 09:53 AM
I've seen the London show, back in April this year. It was fantastic. :D

Offtopic: Where do you live? In the UK or do you just travel here a lot? I live in Kent. :D

just a girl
December 19th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Hey Lucy! Finally someone! :) And, yes the show was great back in April, loved it! ;)

I don't live in the UK, but I visit many times, have some people who mean the world to me living in London! Anyway, if you'd like to talk sometime just PM me, or add me to your MSN, would be fun! =D

This Land
December 19th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Never seen TLKoB...I am so deprived...And welcome to LEa, new person...:D

Your not the only on :( i love to see it too :D

Daniel
December 19th, 2005, 06:55 PM
seeing it next year after the lea meeting hopefully :D

simba_uk
December 20th, 2005, 01:24 PM
i went to see it in london to and it was AMAZING! i thought the cast in it were fab!

Simbaspirit
December 20th, 2005, 07:35 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR FRIEND IS ON TLKOB?!?!?!?!?

*ahem*
thats so awesome! tell her to put in a good word to the auditioning judges for me:lol: :secret:

just a girl
December 22nd, 2005, 03:32 PM
haha ;)
I'll tell him that :D

Simbaspirit
December 22nd, 2005, 05:16 PM
SCORE!!!:cheese: ;)

just a girl
December 22nd, 2005, 08:32 PM
But you know, no guaranties (especially since he works in England and not in Canada) ;)

Actually...I don't think you need anyone to help you get the spot...if you're good enough and have that perfect timing (the auditions seem rare to me) and since you're 13...maybe..maybe =D

Simbaspirit
December 22nd, 2005, 08:35 PM
ahh. ll probably never get in but i am doing voice lessons this spring, taking dance at an academy, and going to a musical theater academy.

just a girl
December 22nd, 2005, 08:38 PM
If so, you better go for the adult Nala in a few years :D, cause that is the PERFECT role!

Simbaspirit
December 23rd, 2005, 01:00 AM
trust me, im counting down the days:evilgrin:

lion_roog
December 23rd, 2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by just a girl

lion_roog, good idea... But you should maybe think of another option...;)

Aww...Always out to ruin my fun...:p

Fine...I'll just do what everyone else does around here...Rob houses...:D...Flawless!!

just a girl
December 23rd, 2005, 10:17 AM
:lol: the safest and sneakiest way, definitely robing your own house! I usually do that...sell things I don't need anymore, like clothes, old CDs, DVDs and stuff...so that the diva :diva:, can go see a musical for the zillionth time ;)

btw. Simba_uk, have you seen the show lately, or some time ago? And, got especially impressed by anything?