PDA

View Full Version : leahalalela.net is available

Simba
July 10th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Who is currently hosting the .org domain? I'm thinking about re-purchasing the .net domain and having it point here or even just have it pulling this vbulletin to the .net so you can surf lea on either domains. Any recommendations?

Azerane
July 10th, 2011, 03:38 AM
That's certainly an interesting thought. Perhaps a re-direct would be nice.

HasiraKali
July 10th, 2011, 04:02 AM
I don't know. That seems a bit redundant to me. :hmm:

Talfasi
July 10th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I've always thought the .net had a nice ring to it. I'd be all up for seeing it registered and perhaps to see the .org domain forward directly to it; it'd be like ye olde days, and I'm always a nostalgic.

*scratches his head* Or wait. Did the address once use to be the leahalalela.com one? Like, in the distant past. Oh well, slightly hazy memory about that. Still, nothing wrong with the current arrangement either! It's good to see people have been enthusiastic about keeping the forum up.

:)

Guntur
July 10th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I'm leaning towards Org since our community are pretty much like an Organization. ;)

Dare
July 10th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I don't think it would hurt to have the .Net masked/forwarded to .Org...at least then, all the old links out there that are still pointing to the old address would have somewhere to go.

...however, I also don't think it's really necessary...but hey, it's your money and you can spend it however you want.
;)

Aurelian
July 10th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Tal, our first home, run by Mufasa, was leahalalela.com. Our second home, after Mufasa let the first expire was forums.leahalalela.net, which we used until Yuvraj took Simba's money and ran. This is our third domain.

Sadiki
July 10th, 2011, 07:35 PM
The current domain resides at Fuzzy's dedicated server. I'm afraid having Vbulletin set up on both .net and .org would violate the contract, but if you want to spend your money on .net domain have it redirect people here that is fine. It's your money thought, if that is what you want to do, it's fine, but as the site has been down for over 2 months. I doubt anyone who hasn't found their way here already would be checking the old domain.