PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park

Sharifu
July 8th, 2011, 04:56 AM
I know there are some people here who like Jurassic Park, so I thought I'd post a thread letting everyone know that the Jurassic Park films will be released on Blu-Ray October 25!!! :D

I want this gift set:
http://www.superheroes-r-us.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/JurassicPark-Blu-Ray.jpg

I can't wait to see Jurassic Park in high definition, and see the new bonus features. Here's the official site: http://jp3.jurassicpark.com/

Now both of my most favorite films of all time are coming out to Blu-Ray in the same month. ;)

Azerane
July 8th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Ooh that's exciting, it may have to be something I get, I don't own any of the jurassic park movies and I quite like them. So it's certainly pretty cool, just another thing to look forward to :D

HasiraKali
July 8th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Of course they are. Because I just bought all of them on DVD. :lol: Jurassic Park is awesome. And that main theme is FUN to play.

http://i56.tinypic.com/316p379.jpg

I just saved a bunch of Jurassic Park gifs yesterday too. :lol:

Sharifu
July 8th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I have all the Jurassic Park films on DVD as well, but I got them back in 2000 and 2001, so ten years ago. :p TLK and JP are both my most favorite movies ever, so of course I'll rebuy them on Blu-Ray. ;)

HasiraKali
July 8th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I have them on VHS too, but DVD is just so much easier. I'll probably end up getting them on Blue Ray, but not right away. :)

Ngatuny
July 8th, 2011, 09:21 PM
2011 is turning out to be a very good year for Blue Ray releases :lalala: not very good on the bank account :emo: but I'm still very happy that so many of my favorite movies are going to be coming out.

Sharifu
July 9th, 2011, 04:34 AM
I have them on VHS too

So do I. ;)(The first two films anyways)

There is a new Jurassic Park game being made for PC, PS3 and XBox 360. Petteri has a PS3 so I will be able to play it on there. It is coming out this fall. I am excited for it. :D

HasiraKali
July 9th, 2011, 04:53 AM
That's awesome. I'd have to get a system to play it on though. Not a fan of PC gaming aside from Zoo Tycoon. :lol:

Talfasi
July 9th, 2011, 07:18 AM
JP is also going to be on blu-ray soon? Nifty! What can I say then.. "Hold on to your butts". ;)

Unfortunately I never saw this one in the cinema, but it's a really great movie that I enjoy watching every now and then today too. One of my earliest memories about it is from the early 90s when it was out on VHS, and some guy had the VHS tape with him in his bag for swimming practice (what a show off). I was envious. Regarding that, the old VHS cover here in Europe at least used to be simply the JP logo on a black background - it was really classy in my opinion, and I hope the BR cover is the same, seeing that I'm slightly disappointed with the DVD cover that has a faint and vague dinosaur picture on it with a small logo, making it actually hard to notice you have JP on DVD while browsing through the collection.

I think without really noticing it I've often used the quote "when you gotta go, you gotta go" when it's appropriate, seeing a friend running to the bathroom or such; and often people grin and say they've seen JP too, y'know. Hahaha.

If I had to mention a single piece of awesomeness about the movie, though, it'd naturally be the musical theme. Now that's properly composed. If I was an ancient man with a long beard in a rocking chair, having forgotten everything else, I'd probably still be able to swing a parched walking cane in the air and utter out "JP", if I heard the theme somewhere.

Why do I feel all really memorable films have come out in the decade(s)-ago past...

egg
July 9th, 2011, 09:47 PM
ffs...bought the DVD boxset last week!

King Simba
July 9th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Well, I was going to buy the DVD, but I couldn't find it anywhere. :( So hearing this news makes me really excited. :D Since I have a Blu-ray player now, I will definitely consider buying the Blu-ray set. ;)

egg
July 9th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Well, I was going to buy the DVD, but I couldn't find it anywhere. :( So hearing this news makes me really excited. :D Since I have a Blu-ray player now, I will definitely consider buying the Blu-ray set. ;)

That's strange that you couldn't find it anywhere..neither could I! Had to buy mine from eBay! Kinda regretting it now though, heh.

HasiraKali
July 10th, 2011, 01:38 AM
This is fun.

http://dosrevival.com/jurassic/

Hint: Access

Simba
July 10th, 2011, 02:52 AM
got the Ultimate and the normal box set pre-ordered, bring on Jp in HD :cheese:

Sharifu
April 6th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Bumping this old thread...

I'm super excited to see Jurassic Park 3D on the big screen tomorrow!!! :D

I just wonder why the Jurassic Park movies were released on blu-ray first in 2011, and then not even a year and a half later, Jurassic Park is released in 3D... Not that I am complaining, but I just thought it would of just made more sense to wait to release the film on blu-ray after the 3D release. I have the blu-ray trilogy, but I will still buy the 3D blu-ray of Jurassic Park with it comes out. :cheese:

I wish I could see Jurassic Park 3D in IMAX. But the closest IMAX is almost a 3 hour drive away... I would go if I had another reason to go up north, and/or someone wanted to go with me. (My mom and Petteri will go with me to see Jurassic Park, but they wouldn't want to travel that far just for that, they are not crazy Jurassic Park fans like me, even though my mom does like Jurassic Park...) :lol:

nathalie
April 6th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Cool!

I wish we'd get it in 3D over here in cinema's ... would definatly go and see that!

cleargreenwater
April 6th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I'm kinda all miffed that they aren't advertising it with the epic theme music in the commercials, the ads for it have just seemed....lame. Like so understated and/or chaotic that they barely even register, I just thought they'd sell it on nostalgia a hell of a lot more, like TLK 3D did. And yeah, it seems like they really missed the crest/high point of all the 3D buzz, too :-/

Definitely gonna get out there to see it, though :D Just think it could've been handled better. Universal, y u do it wrong?

HasiraKali
April 6th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I think it's in 3D for it's anniversary? Either way, I'm going try to go see it in IMAX if I can. It looks like it's just at the dodgy IMAX downtown. I hope it's at the not so scary one... If not, I'll go see it in the regular theater.

Utora
April 9th, 2013, 04:57 PM
My sister and I saw it last night.

She saw it in theaters as a child, and stated she obviously didn't remember all the dialogue, etc. I only saw it from VHS as a child and sometimes in between.
Not going to lie; the attack scenes felt a little intense and disturbing. It was great, and the music; nostalgia!

It was good to see again, on the big screen especially. ;)

Sharifu
April 9th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I thought the 3D was well done most of the time. It was awesome to see it on the big screen again and in 3D. There was a ton of people at our showing too. :D Still wish I could see it in IMAX though... :p

The guy at the box office liked my shirt, it has a a velociraptor on it and underneath it says, "Clever Girl". :D