PDA

View Full Version : A lion king Christmas *CD*

nathalie
December 1st, 2005, 11:31 AM
The cast from The Lion King is bringing out a Christmas CD.

If I understand correct (so it could be not 100 % true), it's the entire cast from all country's, making a CD mostly for Worlds Aids Day (which is today).

Celebrate the festive season with your favourite Christmas carols and songs, sung by the International Companies of The Lion King - Australia, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States.

Tracklist:
1. Deck the Halls
2. Still, Still, Still
3. Hark! The Hearld Angels Sing
4. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
5. Away In A Manger
6. Our Shepherds Boy
7. O Come All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles) / Sing Noel
8. Jolly Ole St. Nicholas
9. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
10. Twelve Months Of Christmas
11. O Holy Night
12. As With Gladness Men Of Old
13. Angels We Have Heard On High
14. Silent Night
15. What Child Is This?
16. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
17. Precious Boy
18. Joy To The World
19. We Wish You A Merry Christmas

It'll probably won't come in stores :( , but can be ordered on the internet.
Here is one of those sites:
http://www.theatrecares.org.uk/thea/v2/shop/compact_discs.asp

Nephilim
December 1st, 2005, 02:54 PM
Haha, I think I'm scared!

unregistered user
December 1st, 2005, 03:00 PM
A Lion King Christmas.. hehe.. now I've heard everything x)

It sounds quite interesting.. I'm sure Nath will have to add it to her collection ;)

King Simba
December 1st, 2005, 03:03 PM
Haha, now I've heard it all. xD

Though I'm with Uka - actually sounds pretty interesting yet sort of scary non the less.

nathalie
December 1st, 2005, 03:05 PM
Haha, well, I'm not that fond of Christmas songs, but knowing that the cast from all over will sing it, and most of them have fantastic voices (in my opinion), yes, I would wanna have it ... :p

But since they only sell it in Holland at the theater where the musical plays, and on that website in ?, I might have to skip this one (and hope maybe someone will someday put it on ebay or something).

+ It's for a good cause, so ... *hehe* :cheese:

Simbaspirit
December 1st, 2005, 08:44 PM
are you sure its not bootleg??:confused:

nathalie
December 1st, 2005, 08:46 PM
Nope.

If you read that quote box in my first post.

The CD will even be sold at the theater in The Netherlands where they play the musical.

The cover looks cheapish though I think, but I don't think the theater itself won't really be selling bootlegs. :s

Original record with the TLK cast from all country's.

This Land
December 1st, 2005, 09:12 PM
Thats another CD to add to your soundtrack collection Nathalie if you buy it :D
Even though this album isnt really a soundtrack.

Thanks for sharing this with us, i would never think they would do somthing like this. :D

nathalie
December 1st, 2005, 09:15 PM
But like said before, knowing that the TLK musical cast have good some great voices in there ... It's a must :D

I just need to find someone who is going to the musical in Holland.
Or wait till they appear on ebay.

*hehe* :cheese:

HasiraKali
December 2nd, 2005, 02:40 AM
Theater companies actually do this a lot. Phantom has a few albums of this type. And there's an organization called Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS that puts out a holiday album every year. TLK has been on it the past few years. :) I just ordered the CD btw. :cheese:

Sombolia
December 2nd, 2005, 04:52 AM
<_< >_> That's um.. wow.

Scorplion
December 3rd, 2005, 02:58 AM
Okay, I could possibly... perhaps... maybe buy this if Jeremy Irons aka Voice o' Scar was doing all the songs.
And then he'd have to be singing them in a nasal 'I'm annoyed' voice. XD
Yeah. I'd buy that. Even though I loathe Christmas songs with a passion.
But this... meh. I think my overwhelming disdain for said Christmas melodies is just too much to overcome the want for more tlk stuff, sadly.

Ralli
December 3rd, 2005, 04:37 PM
Eh, I was excited for a moment. I was hoping the cast of the movie was going to sing in it... If some of them can sing...

I just thought it'd be hilarious to hear Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed doing a rendition of "Silent Night". :jejeje:

It'd just be fun to listen to- all of the songs. I could imagine Timon trying to steal the spotlight in one song and young Simba and young Nala singing "Zazu the Big Beaked Birdie", and just the characters in general interacting in some songs.

Except it'd be depressing sometimes, since Sarabi would be missing...And I'd hate it if she was replaced by someone else.

Ah, but these are wishful thinking...

chaotic serenit
December 4th, 2005, 03:52 AM
I think Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick can sing, right? I know they've done Broadway together - at the very least, they're doing The Producers together. I think even Ernie Sabella has some theatrical experience.

It sounds interesting, but also somewhat ironic. A Christmas CD by a predominantly African-based story cast...

HasiraKali
December 4th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Most of the cast of the movie can sing. :) Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick were Broadway stars looooong before TLK. So was Ernie Sabella for that matter. He and Nathan Lane were in Guys and Dolls together as well as A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. :)

nathalie
December 4th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Odd then, that Matthew didn't sing in TLK 1 + 2 himself.

HasiraKali
December 5th, 2005, 02:16 AM
It had something to do with how his voice was recorded. And his voice probably isn't really how Simba should sound. :lol: I can upload a clip of him singing something if anyone's interested. :)

nathalie
December 5th, 2005, 09:14 AM
That'd be cool :)

I didn't even knew he could actually sing, haha

HasiraKali
December 5th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Ok. :) I'll upload something when I get home.

HasiraKali
December 5th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Ok This is We Can Do It from the Producers. It has both Matthew and Nathan. :)
We Can Do It (http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0L6ARTCWADM4C1K9V995V2HZSM)

Simbaspirit
December 6th, 2005, 12:46 AM
um, well i personally dont think matthew is the best singer, but o well.

HasiraKali
December 6th, 2005, 12:59 AM
I don't think he is either. Cam Clarke is better imo. Of course Broadway Simba's are way better. ;)

HasiraKali
December 13th, 2005, 06:40 PM
My CD just got here. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but I'll give thoughts or whatever once I have :)

nathalie
December 13th, 2005, 06:46 PM
*is jealous now* hehe

Let me know what you think of it

HasiraKali
December 14th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Ok. I've listened to 4 tracks and must say that I am in love. :lol: All of the songs I've heard so far are traditional Christmas Carols but they've made them new with new orchestrations. The familiar melodies are there but they've added another sound layer with African instruments and drums. It's really cool. There is also some chanting in a few of the songs which just makes them cooler. I've always had a strong addiction to the music of TLK so this style is just awesome to me. :lol: Seriously it's really good. My favourite so far is O Come, O Come, Emmanuel sung by the Gazelle Tour. It's beautiful. :)

DarkLion
December 14th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Stupid question, but is it in english?:confused:

FYI, here's another link to the CD
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/broadwaycares/likich.html

HasiraKali
December 14th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Most of it is in English. There are a few songs that are in German but they were originally in German in the first place. :)

nathalie
December 14th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Sounds cool :)

I found someone who is willing to buy it for me and send it to me *yay*

nathalie
January 9th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
Ok This is We Can Do It from the Producers. It has both Matthew and Nathan. :)
We Can Do It (http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0L6ARTCWADM4C1K9V995V2HZSM)

Hey, could you maybe upload it again? *blush*
Apperently I never saw your post :eek:

And yeah, I did find someone who could order it for me, but he waited untill he got my money, and my money arrived on January the 2nd, and the CD was only availeble there till the end of December :grrr: :(

HasiraKali
January 9th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
Hey, could you maybe upload it again? *blush*
Apperently I never saw your post :eek:

And yeah, I did find someone who could order it for me, but he waited untill he got my money, and my money arrived on January the 2nd, and the CD was only availeble there till the end of December :grrr: :(

Aww. Sorry the CD didn't work out. :(
But here's Matthew Broderick singing from the Producers. :)

We Can Do It (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C0LFOBSH)

nathalie
January 12th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks again :)

I must say, Matthew does a pretty good job :D

But I think I'm glad, they picked someone else to sing his parts for TLK.
The singing voices in the movie, look more like his speaking voice.
Matthew's singing voice sounds different.

This Land
January 12th, 2006, 07:40 PM
That song is really cool, thanks for sharing it with us HasiraKali,

Its weird, all i can just think when i hear that song is timon and not the character he is meant to be in that song/film. I must also agree with Nath that when mattew starts to sing it sound nothing like his normal voice :confused:, oh well, great to hear anyway :slimey:

nathalie
January 12th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Hehe, same here This Land, if I hear Nathan's voice, I immediate think of Timon too.

HasiraKali
January 12th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Have any of you heard The Frogs? :lol: Oh or the Guys and Dolls revival. It has Timon AND Pumbaa in it. So does Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum for that matter. :lol: The Frogs has Roger Bart in it too so it's like Hercules/Scamp and Timon. It's an instant crossover! :lol: And on an unrelated note, whenever I hear Tim Curry sing... I picture Frankenfurter. :eek:

This Land
January 12th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Ive also only just figured out that Nathan Lane Was actaully the Main character in the film Mouse Hunt :gasp::lol:

HasiraKali
January 12th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah. Ernie Sabella's in that too. He's the guy that sells them the cat. :lol:

HasiraKali
November 8th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Hey, I'm bumping a pretty old thread. Well I know some of y'all were looking for this CD from a site that will ship internationally. Well I am pleased to announce that Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS is offering this CD this season in their Catalog of Giving. This is not only an excellent organization but they'll ship anything overseas. The CD is $20 which is less that what I paid for it. :lol:
Here's a link to the CD's listing http://broadwaycares.stores.yahoo.net/likich.html They're reliable, I've ordered lots of Carols for a Cure CDs through them. :) And it's a great cause.

Kalahari
November 8th, 2006, 11:08 PM
So just where did Simba, Nala and everybody learn these Christmans carols? I know it's just a cash cow CD by Di$ney but it still makes a person wonder. Timon maybe since he seems to have some knowledge of human things.

"Do they Know It's Christmas" by the 80's Band Aid people might work since it's lyrics do protain to Africa. The songs that are on there don't seem to bad since there aren't all Santa Clausey. Then they may as well put a cover of "Christmas in Hollis Queens".

Maybe they mean the cast of TLKoB?

HasiraKali
November 8th, 2006, 11:45 PM
It isn't a cash cow CD and it's not put out by Disney. It's the cast of the TLK productions singing Christmas Carols. It was recorded for nonprofit organizations to raise money for AIDS research and awareness. Hence the fact that "Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS" is offering it. Most of the proceeds go to the charity. No one is making money.

Kalahari
November 9th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Hence the fact that "Broadway Cares/

So this is the cast of TLKoB and not Disney's animated TLK.

HasiraKali
November 9th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Like it says on the site. It is the cast of all of the world's TLK productions that were open at that time.

nathalie
November 9th, 2006, 10:40 AM
You could also have read the very first post in this thread.

This CD was made for Charity last year, and sang by all casts from the musical around the world (US, Holland, Germany, Japan and Australia).

I'd still love to have this CD, but they only take VISA ?

HasiraKali
November 9th, 2006, 09:18 PM
I'm not sure. I've only ordered things from them with a visa so I don't know. The mail away catalog that I got yesterday has other credit cards on there. :hmm:

nathalie
November 10th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I don't have any type of credit card :(

Kalahari
November 10th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
Thanks again :)

I must say, Matthew does a pretty good job :D

But I think I'm glad, they picked someone else to sing his parts for TLK.
The singing voices in the movie, look more like his speaking voice.
Matthew's singing voice sounds different.

I think Simba's singing voice (in the first TLK) was the lead singer from the 80's band, Toto.

HasiraKali
November 10th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Yes. Joseph Williams, son of John Williams... the Star Wars guy. :lol: He wasn't with the band from the start though and he's not with them now. Toto rotates their members, kind of like Menudo does. :lol:

Kalahari
November 11th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Yes. Joseph Williams, son of John Williams... the Star Wars guy. :lol: He wasn't with the band from the start though and he's not with them now. Toto rotates their members, kind of like Menudo does. :lol:

Never knew that. I just figured Toto was an 80's reject band.

HasiraKali
November 11th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Hey Toto was cool! In a nerdy way, but cool nonetheless. :lol:

nathalie
November 11th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Joseph Williams looked oooold already at the time he did Simba, lol.

Sharifu
November 17th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Oh I want to get this! I didn't really notice this thread last year, but thanks to your review about this CD HasiraKali, I decided I want it. ^^

HasiraKali
November 17th, 2006, 07:25 PM
It's really good. :) A lot of the songs are traditional carols but they have an African influence on them. I can't wait until my sister lets me listen to it :lol: (She refuses to allow Christmas music in the house until after Thanksgiving. :lol:)

nathalie
November 17th, 2006, 07:30 PM
@ HK, don't forget to PM me your adress and what it all costed ;)

HasiraKali
November 17th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Oh yeah. It's been busy this week. I'll order it right now. :)

Sharifu
November 26th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Yay I ordered myself a copy of this CD today. I can't wait to get it. ^^ I love Christmas and Christmas music, and I love TLKoB and it's music. It's just perfect for me. :)

Sharifu
December 9th, 2006, 10:48 AM
My favourite so far is O Come, O Come, Emmanuel sung by the Gazelle Tour. It's beautiful. :)

That's my favorite too, it is really beautiful.

In the begining of this topic, so many people were posting thinking the idea of this CD was really werid, but the African influence on the songs make them really neat... If you love TLK music I think you would like this. (Unless you really hate Christmas music) I personally like the more relaxing, spiritual Christmas songs, more then the upbeat songs. (Like Deck the Halls...)