PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play any Lion King tunes on piano & Keyboard

Euan Buchan
November 19th, 2005, 10:17 AM
I can play "King Of Pride Rock Finalie" I learnt it at my cousin's house they had a piano and I sat down and played with the keys until I was playing something frmililar and for some reason I found the right keys and found myself playing the finalie I was soo impressed with myself I made everyone gather round and wath me play. I can't read music notes but GOD I was very happy to play that beginners luck I say. I can still play it now and it was quite a few years ago I learnt it.:cool:

Shatara
November 19th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Good for you ^_^

I learned a buncha songs by ear, its a bit of a talent I have. My sister is insanely jealous of it. x)

Like one time, I randomly played the Harry Potter theme x)

her: Did you just play the Harry Potter theme?
Meh: Yup.
Her: Have you ever played it before?
Meh: Nnope.
Her: ....You suck.

I also learned 'My Lullaby' on teh Trombone. Sounds awesome if ya put a growl on it ^^

nathalie
November 19th, 2005, 10:40 AM
*lol* I played the "Police Academy" tune a few weeks back on my sister's piano, totally out of the blue, haha.

I used to be able to play "Just can't wait to be king" on bass (only the first half though, 'cause I didn't had the other part).

And I have the chords somewhere from "Circle of life" for guitar.

Azerane
November 19th, 2005, 12:07 PM
I love playing the piano, I'm not that great at it but I'm ok. I love playing lion King songs, I'm currently learning Endless Night and I just randomly play lion king songs when I feel like it, I can't play them perfectly straight off though.

I can play songs by ear, it takes a bit of trial and error to work it out, and when I do it's only the melody that I can work out. Still, it's good fun.

King Simba
November 19th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I don't have a keyboard or piano. However, when I was in year 8 and 9 (I'm in year 11 now), our teacher got us playing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" on the keyboards. I guess I could play it but not as well as some other people, haha. xD

Then again, I haven't been always one for playing music using instruments despite me playing the violin for well over 3 years.

This Land
November 19th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Cool, nice to see some keyboard players, may i ask if you just play the melody (one hand) or melody and chords (2 hands) :D

I will post some sound files of me playing the keyboard when i record them, hopefully in the next hour or so :D

If anybody has the sheet music/notes to any of the TLK soundtracks, do you mind if i have a copy :D, i can work out the main melody of the tlk soundtracks myself but i need the chords :)

Daniel
November 19th, 2005, 06:13 PM
no lion king, but i can play the background tune to Numb by Linkin Park :D

Aurelian
November 19th, 2005, 06:41 PM
The only instument I play is the air guitar. I prefer to stick with singing.

I CAN sing pretty much all the songs from TLK, though. I can also do a dead on impression of Jeremy Irons singing "Be Prepared".

CantSeewell
November 19th, 2005, 07:06 PM
nope im abad piano player:ayecapn:

This Land
November 19th, 2005, 07:22 PM
I Love the Air Guitar aswell, so easy to play :D

If anybody can it will be a good idea to record you playing your instrument and put it on the internet :D

Here are a few of my recordings

This Land (http://media.putfile.com/This-Land---This-Land) - I Have learnt this from just listening to the soundtrack and midi files of "this land", I learnt it all myself without reading any notes.

Can You Feel The Love Tonight (http://media.putfile.com/This-Lands-Plays-This-Land-D) - Sorry if this recording sounds jumpy, the mp3 encoder dont like me lol.

And a Unrelated Tune i have played
Let It Be - Beatles (http://media.putfile.com/This-Land-PLays-Let-It-Be---Orighostingy-sung-by-Beatles) - This may sound alot more smoother than the other 2 this is because this is the very fist tune i learnt.

CYFTLT recording is only half of the song because i havent properly learnt the chords for it, i know the whole medoly of the song but not the whole chords so i decided not to carry on recording because it dont sound right :(

Storm90
November 19th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Well, I do have a keyborad but I hardly play it. It's mostly for my older brother since he's taking a piano course in high school.

Though I do have Lion King music for the cello and can all the songs. :D

My favorite is "The Circle of Life" and "Be Prepared".

Though "I Can't wait to be King" has a very hard beat to keep pace. :p

LunarCat
November 20th, 2005, 02:15 AM
i've tried can you feel the love tonight but i had to shorten the chords, my hands aren't that big! i really want the broadway or This Land sheet music. however i can play "When you wish upon a star" pretty well :p

Sombolia
November 20th, 2005, 03:23 AM
I can play "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" on the recorder XDD

I want to learn to play piano and bass. :( Le sigh.

Simbaspirit
November 20th, 2005, 05:36 AM
i can play lots of TLKoB songs, as well as all the other TLK songs. i mea nthe actual songs, not the simplyfied versions. im in gr. 5 and 6 Royal Conservatory, if that means anything to anyone.:D

Mizani
November 20th, 2005, 07:05 AM
I'm currently learning 5th grade Piano, but I can't play any TLK songs. I can play can you feel the love tonight on the violin though:thinks:

Azerane
November 20th, 2005, 07:11 AM
I have the sheet music for TLKoB and also simplified sheet music for the songs from the movie. I would like to get the sheet music for the second movie as I have seen it around.

The songs included in the broadway book are
Circle of Life, Nant's Ingonyama, The Morning Report, I Just Can't Wait to Be King, Chow Down, They Live in You, Be Prepared, Hakuna Matata, The Madness of King Scar, Shadowland, Endless Night, Can You Feel the Love Tonight (which is near impossible to play, curse you six flats!!!), He Lives in You (Reprise) and King Of Pride Rock/Circle of Life (Reprise)

So yeah, if people want a couple of songs I can scan them in for you, though I'd prefer not to be copying the whole book.

*edit*
@Mizani... wow, 5th grade, only ever completed first grade, then the teachers just got crappy so I just teach myself the songs I wanna play, I should take up lessons again though, though I hate the theory.

Mizani
November 20th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Heh, yeah theory, hate the stuff. I've had the same teacher for every grade, and I guess she's alright. If you wanna take it up again, try and get a teacher who is recommended.

By the way, I should really only be in fouth grade, but after peliminary, my teacher just made me buy second:p

Azerane
November 20th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah at first I had a really good teacher and it took me no time at all to get through the peliminary and 1st grade book, but then we moved and all the teachers that I got through the school were just reall bad and so put me off learning. I do have some harder stuff which i like to learn to play, there's a song I would love to be able to play called "House of the Rising Sun" or something similar, lyrics are a bit dodgy but it sounds simply stunning on the piano, my mum can play it really well.

Kintaru
November 20th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Hehehe, you have the sheet music to house of the rising sun Azzy? Thats so cool. How can you hate that song though, it's one of Rolling Stone's greats!I mean I guess it's not exactly a savory place to go by most moral standards, but hey, cool song anyways.

*Listens to it now.*:evilgrin:

Azerane
November 20th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Actually no we don't have the sheet music of it... kinda sounds like I do from my last post... hmm... anyway, I wish we did though, my mum borrowed it off someone when she learned to play it. And I didn't say I hated it, I meant the lyrics were kinda dodgy in what the song was reffering to... if you know what I mean ;) But yes, it's a cool song.

Kintaru
November 20th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Heheheh, fair enough. But if you think about it..

Sex, Drugs, Love, War = 95% of all songs written, heheh.

:D

Azerane
November 20th, 2005, 09:29 AM
:lol: I'm afraid I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one, hehe, but the real question remains... what's the other 5%? ;)

Kintaru
November 20th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Songs about candy canes I'd imagine. ;)

Azerane
November 20th, 2005, 09:39 AM
I'm afraid I don't know how to play any of those on the piano :p :D

Kintaru
November 20th, 2005, 09:51 AM
But lets see... You've played be prepared, that's a war song involving the murder of a king, and the house of the rising sun, a song about sex and drug use...

So it seems the one main themes you left out Azzy was love. Which is the only really 'good' one of them all. I wonder where her morals lie, hmmmm? ;)

Azerane
November 20th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Ahhh see.. that's where you're wrong. ;) Yes I've played be Prepared but I haven't yet played House of the Rising Sun, I have however played Can You Feel the Love Tonight ;)

Kintaru
November 20th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Oh can you now hmmm? Well I've heard roaming reports that I can sing that song as well. What would you say to that Becca, hmmm?
;)

Azerane
November 20th, 2005, 10:36 AM
*cough* I would say that it's a little bit off topic but if you sing, I'll play ;) And I can sing it as well... but, let's not get me to sing. :D

Kintaru
November 20th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Oh I'm afaid I must insist Azzy, that you do sing it, and sing it loud. So that everyone in these humble pridelands can hear it. ;)

Azerane
November 20th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Well I must admit I do sing them loud when I'm playing them, although, that's only when no-one's listening, I even don't like it when people watch me play the piano, just makes me feel so self concious, it's alright if they listen from another room, but they can't watch me play :p Just a weird thing I have, hehe

Kintaru
November 20th, 2005, 10:59 AM
*Gets out blue prints to a house he knows absolutely nothing about, and stragically plans out the ideal listening locations in nearby rooms, along with where to place listening devices to capture said voice forever.*

:cheese:

Azerane
November 20th, 2005, 11:10 AM
:lol: *Rigs her home with burglar alarms and booby traps* :p

Kintaru
November 20th, 2005, 11:12 AM
*Sets one off, and gets knocked out by a flying paint can on a rope!* :confused:

This Land
November 20th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Azerane
I have the sheet music for TLKoB and also simplified sheet music for the songs from the movie. I would like to get the sheet music for the second movie as I have seen it around.

The songs included in the broadway book are
Circle of Life, Nant's Ingonyama, The Morning Report, I Just Can't Wait to Be King, Chow Down, They Live in You, Be Prepared, Hakuna Matata, The Madness of King Scar, Shadowland, Endless Night, Can You Feel the Love Tonight (which is near impossible to play, curse you six flats!!!), He Lives in You (Reprise) and King Of Pride Rock/Circle of Life (Reprise)

So yeah, if people want a couple of songs I can scan them in for you, though I'd prefer not to be copying the whole book.

*edit*
@Mizani... wow, 5th grade, only ever completed first grade, then the teachers just got crappy so I just teach myself the songs I wanna play, I should take up lessons again though, though I hate the theory.

Waaa please =D

Could you scan me "they live in you", "shadowland" and "circle of life"

If thats not too much truoble, this is really nice of you to do this, most appreciated :D

Here are also a few of my recordings click title of tune to play it.

This Land (http://media.putfile.com/This-Land---This-Land) - I Have learnt this from just listening to the soundtrack and midi files of "this land", I learnt it all myself without reading any notes.

Can You Feel The Love Tonight (http://media.putfile.com/This-Lands-Plays-This-Land-D) - Sorry if this recording sounds jumpy, the mp3 encoder dont like me lol.

And a Unrelated Tune i have played
Let It Be - Beatles (http://media.putfile.com/This-Land-PLays-Let-It-Be---Orighostingy-sung-by-Beatles) - This may sound alot more smoother than the other 2 this is because this is the very fist tune i learnt.

CYFTLT recording is only half of the song because i havent properly learnt the chords for it, i know the whole medoly of the song but not the whole chords so i decided not to carry on recording because it dont sound right :(

Azerane
November 20th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah I can do that for you. I have trouble with chords myself, never really learnt them properly so if I learn a melody I can't just add chords to it.

And I saw you posted those links before but I can't listen to them as I need to download some extra stuff for it :( I'd really like to hear them though.

This Land
November 20th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Thankyou soo much :D
I will send you my recodings over email if you want

Azerane
November 20th, 2005, 10:44 PM
You're welcome :)

And yeah, that'd be cool, I'd love to hear them.=D

This Land
November 20th, 2005, 11:04 PM
waa i have just mastard this land on my keyboard just know osunds really cool,
but im really tired to upload it, its 11:00pm where i am, i will send you all my recordings and my new version of this land tomorrow evening (18 hours from now) :D

Azerane
November 21st, 2005, 12:25 AM
That's fine, I'm not going to be able to send you the sheet music either today or tomorrow, I think I should be able to get it for you the day after though. Thanks again. :)

Kiara
November 21st, 2005, 12:28 AM
I can play the TLK songs on piano, guitarr and flute (flagolett and panflute, but the panflute just comes in handy in the Circle of Life parts) but not very good from TLK3, just 1 and 2 and some from the broadway.... I like the fast songs best...:p I did record some songs for Kovu once, so I can always upload them here (and I told him I never would do it when he said I should xX See how that went...) but it's really bad quality....
I havn't been playing for a long time now though.... But we sang Hakuna Matata and The Lion Sleeps song before in my choir....xD

Lion_King_300
November 21st, 2005, 04:07 AM
I took piano lessons for years but quit eight years ago and still play occasionally. I have all three TLK sheet music books (TLK, TLK II and TLKOB) and I can play all three versions of Can you feel the love tonight (TLK, Elton John and Broadway) Endless Night and Shadowland (those are pretty easy), and Love Will find a way.

Most of the others are way too hard for me and I don't have the time right now to practice enough to get really good at them, but maybe someday.

The TLKOB King of Pride Rock's/Circle of Life reprise chords are very difficult, I don't know if I'll ever to play it the proper speed, but I really love that song.

Simbaspirit
November 21st, 2005, 04:23 AM
ya, thats my favorite song to play. i can play all of it now, but only the top three notes in the chords, for my teacher is scared i will get tendonitis:eww:

Azerane
November 21st, 2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Lion_King_300
I took piano lessons for years but quit eight years ago and still play occasionally. I have all three TLK sheet music books (TLK, TLK II and TLKOB) and I can play all three versions of Can you feel the love tonight (TLK, Elton John and Broadway) Endless Night and Shadowland (those are pretty easy), and Love Will find a way.

Most of the others are way too hard for me and I don't have the time right now to practice enough to get really good at them, but maybe someday.

The TLKOB King of Pride Rock's/Circle of Life reprise chords are very difficult, I don't know if I'll ever to play it the proper speed, but I really love that song.

Wow that's really awesome that you can play all those, well done. I wish I could play the piano better, but that would mean taking lessons :woeisme: I prefer to teach myself though it does take longer. Still, I get there, if my mum self taught herself, so can I, hehe.

Kovu
November 21st, 2005, 01:33 PM
Recorded this sometime ago, some of ya have heard it. :bleen:
LWFaW(star gazing scene): http://media.putfile.com/Love-Will-Find-a-Way-short
It's short, but i can't be composing a complete piece. I never took formal piano lessons. So i'm technically grade zero. :p

Edit: Nice stuff, This Land. And Putfile.com seems useful. :cheese:

unregistered user
November 21st, 2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Shatara
Good for you ^_^

I learned a buncha songs by ear, its a bit of a talent I have. My sister is insanely jealous of it. x)

Like one time, I randomly played the Harry Potter theme x)

her: Did you just play the Harry Potter theme?
Meh: Yup.
Her: Have you ever played it before?
Meh: Nnope.
Her: ....You suck.

I also learned 'My Lullaby' on teh Trombone. Sounds awesome if ya put a growl on it ^^

So teh roog plays the trombone? That is uber mighty awesome, cuz I play it too! First chair, four years round, till I was homeschooled....yay.
I can play lots of TLK songs on the piano, but now I need to save them to a disk and get them to my computer sometime.

My God Kovu that's BEAUTIFUL. Your very good I think.

This Land
November 21st, 2005, 04:43 PM
Thanks Kovu

Compared to me you are brilliant, really nice, :D

On my recordings, they dont sound good because its a keyboard, its electronic sound and that never comes out good on a recording :(,

I also am a beginner, i have had no piano/keyboard lessons at all, i have learnt piano all by myself, and i leart how to read music through books :cheese:.

I have also connected a subwoofer and 2 speakers to my keyboard for better sound quality :D

LunarCat
November 21st, 2005, 05:00 PM
*whispers* Utora that's Shat..*whispers* :p

starionwolf
November 21st, 2005, 07:19 PM
That's great Euan Buchan. I have the sheet music for The Lion King, Simba's Pride and The Lion King on Broadway. Now I need a MIDI keyboard to play on.

Wait, I don't know how to play a keyboard. I can't even read sheet music. lol

Euan Buchan
November 22nd, 2005, 02:09 PM
I think it kinda helps if you have music score in your head

Azerane
November 22nd, 2005, 11:32 PM
^Yeah, you're right about that, if you know really well how the songs go, it's easier to learn them

Sombolia
November 23rd, 2005, 03:37 AM
Heh wow, you guys are so talented.. I'm jealous. A little. :P

This Land
November 23rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Euan Buchan
I think it kinda helps if you have music score in your head

Yuppy :D I learnt how to learn "This Land" (gotta love that soundtrack), By just listening to the MIDI file of it and learning it on the keyboard. But more complex soundtracks with more complex chords you really need the sheet music. :kovusmile:

Shadow
November 23rd, 2005, 02:30 PM
oh oh oh a girl in my class plays the viloet "i think the name was when you drive some kind of stick back and forfh over some strings"

anyways i asked her play Can ya fell the love tonight and she played it fawless :cheese:

it sounded azsome

she also played a song "CS remix" that sounded freaking sweet :D

nathalie
November 26th, 2005, 12:30 PM
My sister has this piano book with all these Disney songs in it (in a simple way, 'cause she's only 10).

I noticed it also had normal chords on it, but since my guitar ain't tuned, I can't really do much.

Roku
December 14th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I play by ear too. I love playing piano. I can play many Final Fantasy tunes, Black Stallion, Black Beauty, Ice Age, TLK, and lots of other movie scores. I love playing!

Shatara
December 14th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Utora
So teh roog plays the trombone? That is uber mighty awesome, cuz I play it too! First chair, four years round, till I was homeschooled....yay.
I can play lots of TLK songs on the piano, but now I need to save them to a disk and get them to my computer sometime.

My God Kovu that's BEAUTIFUL. Your very good I think. I dunno, does he? :idiot::bleen:

Yup, I've played the trombone since 5th grade, when the band director pointed me out and said "YOU! Look like a trombone player." And I was like..."uuuh...sure?"

In elementary school I was in band, adv.band, and jazz band. Most of what we played didnt have multiple trombone parts, but I was the de-facto 1st seat :P I also went to all-county in 6th grade, where IIRC I was 1st horn last seat...

In high school I played second seat some, but that was cause Pete Smith was THE Music Man. I was in concert, Jazz, and marching band, however, and my senior year I got the John Phillip Susa Band Award o' Musical Pwnage.

I've still got my trombone (as well of a half-dozen other instruments)...I should play that some >.>

And yes, Kovu's piano-ing is pwnage ^^