PDA

View Full Version : The Festival Of The Lion King

Euan Buchan
November 16th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Has anyone seen this show at Disney's Animal Kingdom? I saw it 2 or 3 years ago when I was last in Florida thaught it was a fun and good show. I was in Simba's Group (The Lion Section) I bought a keyring & Tshirt of the show

Simbaspirit
November 17th, 2005, 01:37 AM
what are the differences between the sections??:confused:
and no, i havn't seen it. :tears:

HasiraKali
November 17th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Funny you should mention this... I wore my shirt from it today. :lol: I think it's an awesome show. And now, since they've closed in the theater, it's different and the lighting effects are just awesome. :)

Talli
November 17th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Well I have never seen it live but I have it on DVD not offical though

Sharifu
November 17th, 2005, 07:15 AM
It's weird how the Festival of TLK is a totally different show in Disneyland Paris, then in Disneyworld's Animal Kingdom. Yes I've seen the show in Florida once. Never been to Disneyland Paris though but I've seen clips of their show. (Thanks to my friend Nathalie) :) Hopefully I'll see it for myself next year though.

nathalie
November 17th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Hehe, that would be the whole show there Sharifu of Paris :p

Are you guys talking about that show, that is also on that VHS? (which I still haven't watched yet *blush*).

Euan Buchan
November 17th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I forgot I got the CD of it aswell

King Simba
November 17th, 2005, 11:06 AM
I saw that in Disneyworld's Animal Kingdom in 2001. I really enjoyed it at that time even though I wasn't so much of a fan of TLK back then. Still, it was pretty cool.

HasiraKali
November 17th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Are there official videos of the shows? I didn't see any when I was at DWorld last year. I know there's not a recording restriction when you see FoTLK in Florida so there are a lot of guest shot ones. Don't know about restrictions in Paris.

nathalie
November 17th, 2005, 05:00 PM
In Paris, I don't really know about filming inside.

I know the outdoors parades, people can just film.

The filmp about the show in Paris, which goes around on the net sometimes) was filmed by a person, who was invited to the premiere and also has some contacts with people from the parc (I believe).
So it might be that he asked to film it.

I really don't know how and what you can actually film and photograph in Paris (oh yeah, no backstage pics and stuff like that, and certainly not put them on the internet, that's all I know) ...

HasiraKali
November 17th, 2005, 05:01 PM
I remember seeing that video from Paris but when I went back to get it online it was gone. :( Disney's just too fast for me. :lol:

Sharifu
November 17th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
Hehe, that would be the whole show there Sharifu of Paris :p

Are you guys talking about that show, that is also on that VHS? (which I still haven't watched yet *blush*).

Oh right hehe. :p

Actually Nathalie that VHS you have is TLK Celebration, which was the parade at Disneyland (the park in California) in 1994 to 1997.

The Festival of TLK is shown at Animal Kingdom, one of the parks at Disneyworld. (The park in Florida) which started showing there after TLK Celebration was done playing in Disneyland. They even use some of the floats from the parade at Disneyland. But The Festival of TLK is not a parade though.

Akiko
November 17th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I haven't seen it, I have seen images and footage of it online though and it seems really cool. :-)