PDA

View Full Version : Google Plus

Guntur
June 30th, 2011, 12:30 PM
https://plus.google.com/up/start/?sw=1&type=st

It seems that the Google plus server are full at the moment.

If you do have an invitation card of the site please do post here! Let's see what will happen if the site are open for public. =)

HasiraKali
June 30th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I was looking at this yesterday. It seems really cool. I hope it doesn't go the way of Wave though. That was a disaster. :lol: Anyone know when this is projected to go public? I was lucky with Wave and got an invite from Google pretty quickly, but I doubt that will happen here as a few tech sites are really excited about it.

Guntur
June 30th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I liked wave. We had a good conversation there. But I heard that the site are competing against Facebook generally.

And I'm excited for it Manda. :wicked:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/06/30/google.plus.invites/

It seems that Google can't handle the demand of invitation, we might have to wait from them itself than waiting for someone to invite us. :(

Lweek
July 11th, 2011, 10:35 PM
If somebody interested in to try G+ out just PM me, I have few invitations to spend. :)

HasiraKali
July 11th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I've got some invites too if Lweek runs out. I have like no one on there.

Guntur
July 11th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Me, as usual. :p I don't think I could register with the invitation. :p

[Email link has been deleted]

Lweek
July 11th, 2011, 11:28 PM
An invitation sent

Guntur
July 11th, 2011, 11:39 PM
I'm having a problem on language setting. :lol: It's in Czech I think. And thank you for your invitation!

Lweek
July 11th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Heh, that's weird :D You're welcome!

HasiraKali
July 12th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Who has Google+ on here besides these three weirdos. :p

Lweek
July 12th, 2011, 06:46 AM

Thanks! :idiot: :embarassed: :lol:

Wide Eyed Wanderer
July 12th, 2011, 06:56 AM
I gots it!
:cheese:

How do you add people in that thing...?
:curious:

Guntur
July 12th, 2011, 09:51 AM

You're welcome. :idiot: :haha: :rawr: :p

I gots it!
:cheese:

How do you add people in that thing...?
:curious:

I usually drag them to the circle. It's like twitter with some kind of "tab or circle".

I need your profile WeW. ;)

Aurelian
July 12th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I have it. Feel free to add me.

Guntur
July 12th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Profiles are greatly appreciate since that's the only way I add people. I don't think I have all of your emails in my address book.

Revo
July 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Interesting article I found on the subject. To be honest I didn't even have the slightest idea what Google+ was until very recently.. I've been under a rock I guess :lol: : http://facecrooks.com/Safety-Center/Internet-Safety-Privacy/On-Privacy-Facebook-vs.-Google.html

HasiraKali
July 12th, 2011, 05:39 PM
What's most intriguing to me is the Hangouts feature. Would love to try it out if enough people were around sometime.

WEW, I found you! Trying to find Feral now.

Guntur
July 12th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah, the privacy isn't good as facebook but some of my stuff do need privacy and public!

Wide Eyed Wanderer
July 12th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Interesting article I found on the subject. To be honest I didn't even have the slightest idea what Google+ was until very recently.. I've been under a rock I guess :lol: : http://facecrooks.com/Safety-Center/Internet-Safety-Privacy/On-Privacy-Facebook-vs.-Google.html

Interesting read, and something I strongly considered before joining, but I concluded that at the end of the day it's better to have full control of your online presence than to let companies just fill in the blanks for you, as Google has been doing for years.

Lweek
July 12th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Interesting read, and something I strongly considered before joining, but I concluded that at the end of the day it's better to have full control of your online presence than to let companies just fill in the blanks for you, as Google has been doing for years.

It sounds horrible but all this is required by laws. For example if You upload avatar and it shrink and then put into circle .. it is already in collision with your rights. There are idiots who could try to earn money by plead Google. Believe me, even such large company can't manipulate with your valuable art. If they do and it will become public scandal, then it could cost Google much more money than they give you for licence your work. We are talking about billions not $1000 for Your image. So don't believe in drama produced by journalist who are payed for searching and producing drama.

Aurelian
July 12th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I have Mandy, Guntur, and WEW. Looking for Lweek now.

You need a webcam for the hangouts feature.

Guntur
July 12th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Lweek is under my circle, you can find him there Feral.

Simbaspirit
July 12th, 2011, 08:18 PM
If anyone still has an invite, I would love to try it out :D. I think the circles thing is genius - I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

HasiraKali
July 12th, 2011, 10:34 PM
PM me your email and I'll send you one. :)

lionloversam
July 13th, 2011, 03:07 AM
I was just logged into mine and I have invites now. So, I can send them as well.

Simbaspirit
July 13th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Thanks so much HK :D

Namazzi
July 16th, 2011, 02:36 AM
I'm on there. And have invites as well if anyone needs/wants one (just send me a pm with the e-mail to send it to =P )

Feel free to add me on there. =)
https://plus.google.com/u/0/115379256084698962527/posts
(if that link works? lol)

Sombolia
July 20th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Anyone have a spare invite~? :D

Email: captain.immy[at]gmail.com

I really want to try it out!

Simbaspirit
July 20th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I am now on thanks to HK :) It's pretty cool, I like it :D

Guntur