PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday! (Yes it belongs here! =P)

Only-now
November 10th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Just thought I would say Happy 230th Birthday to the United States Marine Corps! They were created on November 10th 1775! They are older than the actual United States itself!

I just remembered this fact because I am in MCJROTC (Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps) and I have to stay after school today to practice for the Birthday Ball we are having this Saturday.

Anyways, wish them a Happy Birthday if you want, especially seeing the danger and strife they are going through in Iraq currently. *salutes* Keep up the good work!

~Kiva

Master_Chief
November 10th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Oorah! A big happy birthday and thank you to the Marine Corps. Hopefully I will be apart of the few and the proud in a few years. *salutes* Semper fidelis

unregistered user
November 10th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Happy B-Day for the MC! *salutes*

I don't know about them half as much as I do about the NAVY and the AIRFORCE, but then again, I barely know much about either of those haha. ^^

Is it true the MC is a little more, hmmm, stirct that an any other service? I told this one kid at science class, because we were bored making toothpick bridges that my dad served in the NAVU, and he said that the marins are better because they are more strict, and do heavier training. I don't know if that justifies it being better lmao but I've heard it from folks at my church too. Marines are the heavy duty folkies ^^;

Only-now
November 10th, 2005, 10:51 PM
All the forces are important..they all complement each other. It is true that the Marines are a little more strict and more focused on training each and every person. They have a motto that everyone is a rifleman in the Marine Corps. :)

Sudi
November 11th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Happy B-Day USMC!

My bro also says that the marines are better trained then the other branches, but that is a biased statment cuz he is a marine,lol

lion_roog
November 11th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Happy Birthday Marines Corps.! :cheese:

I had a friend who was a Marine in the 1980s...It messed him up. But then again he did see his friend get sawed in half by a machine gun right in front of him when they were trying to take over a building in Beruit...and he was on guard duty when 200+ Marines were killed by a terrorist bomb in Beruit. Since he wasn't in the building he survived. He said it was one of the most disturbing things he's ever endured when that building blew up. Dibris(sp*) and body parts everywhere...