PDA

View Full Version : TLK Getting to know you

Azerane
June 29th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I thought this might be a bit of fun to have a little thing where we can see each other's thoughts on the movie etc. Feel free to add to it anything you feel I've missed. I've bolded each individual line seperately, so if you quote the list from the post you'll get all those done for you :) I'll do mine in a seperate post.

FAVOURITES
Good character:
Bad character:
Character all-round:
Song:
Musical score:
Scene:
Quote:

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from?
Who is Nala‘s father?
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs?
SFX/SEX in the stars?
How did Nala escape the Pridelands?
Is Scar Nuka‘s father?

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be?
How did you get into the fandom?
Why do you love TLK?
Will you ever get sick of TLK?
Your favourite TLK thing that you own?
Ever named a pet after a TLK character?
Any additional thoughts:

King Simba
July 2nd, 2011, 01:46 AM
FAVOURITES
Good character: Simba
Bad character: Scar
Character all-round: Simba
Song: Can You Feel The Love Tonight?
Musical score: This Land
Scene: Simba's Return/King of Pride Rock
Quote: "The past can hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it." - Rafiki

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? Possibly from the hyenas or maybe Mufasa.
Who is Nala‘s father? Some random lion.
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? He ate an antelope or zebra behind Timon and Pumbaa's back.
SFX/SEX in the stars? SFX I'd say. Why would they put "SEX" in the stars on a Disney film? :uhno:
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? She fled while the hyenas and Scar were asleep.
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Yes.

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? Maybe Kiara. I would prefer Kopa in the second film.
How did you get into the fandom? I watched TLK again one day, and was then inspired by drawing some pictures. I then joined TLKFAA, then another Lion King related forum, before joining Lea.
Why do you love TLK? This is a toughie. There are many reasons why I love TLK. The animation, the characters, the story, the musical score, the broadway show, the African feel, the wonderful people I've met because of it... yep, I'd say that's a good enough reason to love it. ;)
Will you ever get sick of TLK? Never. I can't get enough of it.
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Hmm, probably my large Simba plushie. He shares my bed with me... at least in the day. :p
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? Nope.
Any additional thoughts: I love my fellow TLK fan boyfriend. :love:

Leorgathar
July 2nd, 2011, 01:58 AM
FAVOURITES
Good character: Mufasa
Bad character: Scar, of course :evilgrin:
Character all-round: Mufasa
Song: Can You Feel The Love Tonight
Musical score: This Land and King of Pride Rock
Scene: Simba confronts Scar
Quote: Remember who you are... Remember

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? I like what's in A Tale of Two Brothers, so yeah, cape buffalo did it :p
Who is Nala‘s father? I like that to be kept as a mystery, but if I had to choose a character, maybe it'd be Leo, from the TLK6NA books.
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? Well, how many snails did he slurp in TLK 1 1/2? I guess the contests with Timon made him eat loads :lol:
SFX/SEX in the stars? I don't know, but SFX sounds too innocent xD
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? With the help of Rafiki, I'd say. Judging by what I saw in TLKoB
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? I don't see why not xD

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? Less Timon and Pumbaa attention in a third movie in a trilogy called The LION King
How did you get into the fandom? Looking for a lions forum... and I discovered the existence of TLK fans, I had the thought of joining and said "why not?" :lol:
Why do you love TLK? Wildlife and 2D animation come together, as well as Hans Zimmer's work, the excellent work put on the characters and story, and the incredible Broadway show.
Will you ever get sick of TLK? Me? nah, I'm in forever ;)
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? My TLK mug KS gave me as a gift, I love it :) Oh, and my Sarabi toy rarely found nowadays :browlift:
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? Hehe nah, maybe sometime in the future xD
Any additional thoughts: Without TLK I'd have never met these awesome friends on Lea, and I'd have never met my girlfriend. I have so much to thank TLK for :)

Nuduli
July 2nd, 2011, 03:18 AM
FAVOURITES
Good character: I honestly have no idea, lol.
Character all-round: Scar
Song: Can You Feel The Love Tonight
Musical score: This Land, Kings of the Past
Scene: (Besides all of Scar's scenes :p) Simba and Mufasa under the stars, Mufasa's ghost scene
Quote: Can't really pin it down to one... not sure.

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? I like to keep this one in the dark but maybe some rival, or Mufasa.
Who is Nala‘s father? Some rogue perhaps
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? o.O Good question. No idea.
SFX/SEX in the stars? SFX
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? Lots of good timing and strategy, I would think.
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Nope.

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? :thinks: How about Scar surviving after Simba won? :P
How did you get into the fandom? Found lionking.org and joined their forum and chatroom, then moved on to other chatrooms primarily for RPing TLK... then Lea I think.
Why do you love TLK? I was already obsessing over lions before it first came out and after I saw it I was hooked. Scar just happened to be my turning point on favoring villains. XD
Will you ever get sick of TLK? :O Unthinkable!
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? I got too many! Uhh... I can't decide, lol.
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? Nopers.
Any additional thoughts: Not really.

Dare
July 2nd, 2011, 04:16 AM
FAVOURITES
Good character: Sarabi
Song: Circle of Life
Musical score: The Stampede
Scene: Death of Mufasa
Quote: "I'm surrounded by idiots."

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? Well, if you follow TLK6NA, it was a cape buffalo. I don't feel like theorizing beyond that...I like not knowing.
Who is Nala‘s father? As per Rob Minkoff and Roger Allers, it was either Mufasa or Scar.
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? steroids
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? She went that way *points*
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? I don't think so, but that's just me.

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? I'd rewrite the sequels...or possibly even blip 1 1/2 out of existence all-together.
How did you get into the fandom? found the original tlk.org forum and started drawing stuff for people as practice for drawing class
Why do you love TLK? the animation and soundtrack. Also a big fan of Hamlet.
Will you ever get sick of TLK? Perhaps - I certainly wouldn't rule it out.
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? I don't own any TLK merchandise.

*Edit*
WAIT! Remember that game "Pogs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogs)" from the early 90s? I apparently have a Scar slammer and a handful of TLK pogs to go with it...so those are my favorite TLK things that I own. They win by default. XD

Ever named a pet after a TLK character? Nah
Any additional thoughts: nothing I can think of

Azerane
July 2nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? steroids
:lol:

FAVOURITES
Song: Circle of Life tied with Be Prepared
Scene: Circle of Life, Mufasa's Ghost
Quote: Banzai: "Oh Scar, it's just you."
Shenzi: "Yeah, we were afraid it was somebody important"
Banzai: "Yeah, you know, like Mufasa."
Scar: "I see..."
<3

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? Possibly Mufasa.
Who is Nala‘s father? I do like Minkoff and Aller's opinion on the matter, but for genetic's sake, a rogue :P
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? I have no idea... plenty of protein in them? Probably no bugs left in the jungle now.
SFX/SEX in the stars? SFX, people are stupid!
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? Secret plan with Sarabi, Sarafina (probably others) and Rafiki
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? I doubt it. Any progeny of Scar's would have much more brains.

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? Probably change 1 1/2 a lot, or as someone else said, Kopa for Kiara.
How did you get into the fandom? Stumbled across TLKFAA at some point, probably just googling lion king related things.
Why do you love TLK? Every reason possible, animation, the emotions it portrays, music, scenery, etc.
Will you ever get sick of TLK? I guess it's possible, but I'd rate it as highly unlikely.
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Either my sericel, or my poster puzzle.
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? Not yet. :P
Any additional thoughts: TLK rules... yay xD

Revo
July 2nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
FAVOURITES

Character all-round: It's too hard to choose between those two :p.

Scene: When Simba and Nala reunite.

Quote:Rafiki: "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or... learn from it."

THEORIES

Where did Scar‘s scar come from?I like the new CotPL version. It has the angry raccoon, although I'd rather not think it was magical or demon-bound or anything like that...

Who is Nala‘s father? No-one, it was a virgin birth :haha:. What now?:evilgrin: (Kidding aside, I'd say a rogue..)

How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? As they say, there's lots of protein in bugs ;).

How did Nala escape the Pridelands? I don't imagine it being too hard.. The hyenas didn't care much for Scar as a ruler, so I doubt they would have bothered to alarm Scar if they saw Nala getting away.. Or, maybe they tried to catch her, and she did another IJCWTBK number to throw them off, just like they did to Zazu back in the day :lol:

Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Sure, why not..?

OTHER

If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? That there would be more of them and that they would all be as awesome as the first one.

How did you get into the fandom? After I rekindled an affection towards TLK in 2006 by watching youtube videos of the songs, I found a TLK forum. Rest is history.

Why do you love TLK? I have bunch of great friends and I got introduced to a great online community, all thanks to TLK.

Will you ever get sick of TLK? I can't tell the future :p. I don't know.

Your favourite TLK thing that you own? My TLKoB coffee mug, I use it all the time.

Ever named a pet after a TLK character? No.

Any additional thoughts: Many.

Nadra
July 2nd, 2011, 02:52 PM
FAVOURITES
Good character: Nala
Character all-round: Nala or Vitani
Song: Can You Feel The Love Tonight, Circle of Life
Musical score: This Land, The Stampede
Scene: Circle of Life, Mufasa's death
Quote: "I'm surrounded by idiots..."

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? From a cape buffalo. I'm happy with that story.
Who is Nala‘s father? A rogue.
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? Maybe he ate something else too. I like to think someone (maybe a leopard) taught him to hunt.
SFX/SEX in the stars? Neither?
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? With the help of the other lionesses and Rafiki.
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? I think he is.

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? I'd add Sarabi (and Sarafina) in SP.
How did you get into the fandom? I joined some Finnish Lion King forums and then TLKFAA.
Why do you love TLK? How couldn't I love it? The story, as well as the animation and the music, is just so beautiful.
Will you ever get sick of TLK? No, never.
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? I can't pick one. I love my plushies and figurines.
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? No... It would've been too weird.
Any additional thoughts: Not right now.

Konga
July 12th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I thought this might be a bit of fun to have a little thing where we can see each other's thoughts on the movie etc. Feel free to add to it anything you feel I've missed. I've bolded each individual line seperately, so if you quote the list from the post you'll get all those done for you :) I'll do mine in a seperate post.

FAVOURITES
Good character: Nala
Character all-round: Nala
Song: Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
Musical score: King of Pride Rock
Scene: The entire ending following Scar's defeat
Quote: "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or...learn from it."

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? Well the TLK6NA story books mentioned that a buffalo gave it to him. But the idea that Ahadi gave it to him cuts "deeper," in a sense.
Who is Nala‘s father? Some handsome rogue lion who was probably banished during Scar's reign.
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? Who knows, it's Disney. :p Mermaid Magic? Hehe.
SFX/SEX in the stars? SFX. -_- Some people just have too much time on their hands.
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? Her fellow pride lionesses probably helped her out.
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Yus.

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? I wish TLK 2 had a less mysterious plot, and I don't really care for the dark/lower quality animation. Then again, certain gaps in the film make for great fanfics, and also, you can't beat the original movie. :p
How did you get into the fandom? I saw the movie when I was 2 years old, and i've loved it ever since.
Why do you love TLK? Just every aspect about it is beautiful: The animation, the musical score, the storyline, the characters, it's underlying messages, and it's spiritual connections. Oh, and I love kitties/lions too! :)
Will you ever get sick of TLK? Never evers! It's had it's hand in molding me into the person I am today, and that is something i'll always appreciate.
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? The DVD xD and various plushies of course.
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? No, actually. :( My parents named most of my pets. But one of my aunt's cat's name is Simba. I think he's turning 22 this year! :D
Any additional thoughts: Dish movie is the bestest! I hate when people used to call me immature for loving it so much. But really, with all the crap that people admire these days, how could they say that about TLK? There's not a bad thing that comes out of that movie, and in my opinion, people should learn from Simba's story and hold it in their hearts before they begin to bash it. TLK is such a gem in every aspect of the word, while it has the ability to touch the hearts of people both young and old.

nathalie
July 19th, 2011, 06:37 PM
FAVOURITES
Bad character: Scar / Zira
Song: I just can't wait to be king
Musical score: Under the stars (the ending of the song is amazing)
Scene: when Simba and Nala see each other again after all those years
Quote: "I'm surrounded by idiots"

THEORIES (I'd like not to think so much about any movie out there, animated or not, like most of you guys do, hehe)
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? I'd like to think Mufasa and him were rascalling or something, and Mufasa gave it to him by accident
Who is Nala‘s father? no idea, maybe Sarafina came from another pride?
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? proteines !
SFX/SEX in the stars? SFX (allthough, you have to admit, in the 1995 tape ...)
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? sneak out somewhere
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? I wanna believe not, but then, who is?

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? graphics in the sequels ! *yush*
How did you get into the fandom? I got internet connection in 2003, and the first site I watched was lionking.org
Why do you love TLK? first I fell in love with Janothan when I was only 11 :lol: I don't know, I just loved everything about it, music, characters, graphics, voices, where with other movies, I could always find something not to like, I didn't have this with TLK
Will you ever get sick of TLK? NO
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? my little Simba pillow, had it for about 15 years now, and I haven't slept without it once since I got it (unless I'm not home)
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? no
Any additional thoughts: *goes to eat some grubs* ^^

Sombolia
July 20th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Cool idea! And thanks for bolding it, :lol:

FAVOURITES
Good character: Probably Simba.
Bad character: Scar!
Character all-round: Scar. I also think Kovu is really interesting and has a lot of potential that was kind of ... wasted.
Song: Be Prepared, My Lullaby.
Scene: Hmm.. Be Prepared, the scene where Simba and Nala are arguing in the jungle, the battle between Simba and Scar, One of Us
Quote: "Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it... or, learn from it." And of course, hakuna matata.

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? I'm not sure. I personally don't buy the whole buffalo business. I mean, that sucks, but why let it define your whole life? I'm thinking he either got it from Mufasa or Ahadi.
Who is Nala‘s father? Some random rogue, or Scar. Though if it's Scar she didn't get any of his genetics haha. But I really like that idea. I think Nala probably saw Mufasa as more of a father figure, though. "You're starting to sound like my father." "Good... at least one of us does"
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? I think as he got older he started sneaking away to hunt.
SFX/SEX in the stars? SFX, probably. I mean, they would have been responsible for that shot anyway, right? But either way it doesn't really matter to me.
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? I'm sure Sarabi and the other lionesses helped, by creating a diversion or something.
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Definitely. It's why Nuka has such a chip on his shoulder, IMO.

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? Definitely Kovu's progression in the 2nd movie. His change of sides was rather... sudden. I mean, I know it's a Disney direct-to-video sequel, but I would've liked to have seen a little more depth...
How did you get into the fandom? When I was a wee lad I typed 'The Lion King' into Google and got lionking.org. And the rest is history.
Why do you love TLK? It's a great movie with beautiful animation, awesome music and a fun fandom. What's not to love?
Will you ever get sick of TLK? It's been 17 years and I'm not sick of it yet. I saw the movie when I was only a year old, it's been with me literally as long as I can remember. I don't think I'll ever get sick of it.
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? My new giant Scar plushie!
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? Surprisingly, no. xD
Any additional thoughts: I think I've said enough!

lionkinglover
July 20th, 2011, 08:28 PM
FAVORITES
Good character: nala
Bad character: zira
Character all-round: all
Song: king of pride rock
Musical score: hans zimmer
Scene: circle of life scene [ hence when kiara is presented ]
Quote: '' remember who you are .''

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? ahandi
Who is Nala‘s father? mufasa
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? dunno time passed and simba grew up.
SFX/SEX in the stars? dunno. have to wait until my TLK dvd comes in the mail. then i'll see what it says.
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? she snuck out of the pride lands when everyone was asleep.
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? yes.

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? nothing. it was good.
How did you get into the fandom? just by liking the flim
Why do you love TLK? cause it had lions.
Will you ever get sick of TLK? NEVER !
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? my simba production sheet I'm waiting for in the mail.
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? nope. want to.
Any additional thoughts: nothing right now.

Kasei
March 2nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
I know this thread is super old but it looked fun so....pardon my bumping! x3

FAVOURITES
Good character: All of them! Okay, no, I guess Simba. But really it is too hard to pick! Because Rafiki, Mufasa, and Nala are great too!
Bad character: The hyenas, always thought they were fun and I like their design. Also it seems too obvious to say Scar.
Character all-round: Simba seems the obvious choice since the movie is all about him...but I might have to go with Nala just because she's tough and probably went through the most.
Song: I Just Can't Wait to Be King! Have always loved over-signing that song.
Musical score: The part where Simba runs across the desert!
Scene: Opening scene with the sun and the animals flying across lovely African landscapes.
Quote: The past can hurt...but the way I see you can either run from it or learn from it.

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? No idea. Probably bit off more than he could chew with his attitude and started a fight he couldn't handle as a teen.
Who is Nala‘s father? Mufasa is the natural answer, some rogue lion is the convenient answer.
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? He looks rather lean to me, much smaller than Mufasa. I would imagine he supplemented his diet with small jungle animals he could catch.
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? She snuck out cos she's crafty like that.
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Yes. They are super similar looking.

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? Make the third movie about Mufasa/Taka/Sarabi/Sarafina cubhood and not Timon and Pumbaa retelling (or mis-telling) of TLK events. :/
How did you get into the fandom? TLKFAA in 2002. Discovering of Lilymud in 2007.
Why do you love TLK? Fun to draw and think about!
Will you ever get sick of TLK? Define get sick. I suppose I would if I watched the movie every day or something, but for me I just think it's fun to goof off online with other people who like to draw and make up stories. :)
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? I found the Lion King Six New Adventures series at a half-priced books one time. Immediately asked the friend I was with to loan me $14 so I could buy it since I didn't have any cash on me. No way I was going to leave that store without them. x3 This discovery was made right at the time there was all that hype on the archive about them and people were making tons of fics and stuff involving those lost cubs and Ni and whatnot....so it was a pretty exciting afternoon for me. :D
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? Haha, no. Probably won't. Though I have a cousin who named her Guinea pig Nala.
Any additional thoughts: I like reading about people's different theories on things in the movie and enjoy story spin-offs with a TLK tone, even if they have non of the cannon characters present. I have a fan comic/story in my head involving my own characters in the TLK universe (nothing referencing any of the movie characters though). If I ever get any time/motivation to actually work everything out and get it down on paper it would be quite the epic. Someday, someday...

Azerane
March 2nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
^First up, super adorable new avatar. Secondly, we don't mind bumping here as long as your post is relevant to the rest of the topic, which it obviously isn't :p

Cool to read though, I've always enjoyed finding out other people's favourites and opinions on certain aspects of the movies.

lionloversam
October 13th, 2013, 11:00 PM
FAVOURITES
Good character: Kovu
Bad character: Zira
Character all-round: Kovu
Song: We are one
Musical score: This Land
Scene: opening to TLK 2 / he lives in you
Quote: unsure.

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? from a angry parent
Who is Nala‘s father? Scar
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? high quality protein
SFX/SEX in the stars? SFX (edited: changed my mind on this one).
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? just walked away while "hunting"
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? yes

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? nothing
How did you get into the fandom? I went looking for it after seeing TLK 2 for the first time
Why do you love TLK? most amazing movie ever
Will you ever get sick of TLK? NEVER
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? kovu beanie baby
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? yes
Any additional thoughts:

Becoming a member of the TLK fandom is the best thing to ever happen to me. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

KanuTGL
October 14th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Oh, wow, I never filled this out? xP

FAVOURITES
Good character: Simba, or Mufasa.
Bad character: Scar, because Andreas Deja <3
Character all-round: Simba.
Song: Can You Feel The Love Tonight or He Lives In You.
Musical score: This Land/Mufasa's Ghost Scene
Scene: Mufasa's Ghost
Quote: It tends to vary xP Currently it is: "You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the circle of life."

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? I've never actually settled on a definite theory for this one xP When I was little I thought he got it from a hyena, but that doesn't really make sense, haha. I don't like the idea that Mufasa or their father did it either. The Six New Adventures explanation is a bit lame too. Maybe it was just an accident? I really do like Savu0211's version though: http://savu0211.deviantart.com/art/Takas-Story-39-186381182 http://savu0211.deviantart.com/art/Takas-Story-40-186490786 http://savu0211.deviantart.com/art/Takas-Story-45-186796316 (Savu's comics in general are the best TLK fancomics out there. Just saying... ;D)
Who is Nala‘s father? A rogue?
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? I definitely think he ate other meat too, when Timon and Pumbaa weren't watching :P
SFX/SEX in the stars? SFX of course.
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? With very careful planning. Maybe they had found out when there were less hyenas were patrolling the border, so she could sneak away while no one was watching?
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Officially I know he isn't, but I really like the idea of Nuka being Scar's son!

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? Add the Be Prepared reprise when Scar claims the throne! It's so epic in the musical. Or Sarabi's lullaby would be very cool to see. Simba's Pride needs a lot of reworking xP I would at least have liked to see the well-known deleted scenes added back into the film; it think it would've given it a little more edge.
How did you get into the fandom? Via lionking.org, through which I found TaniDaReal's website and TLKFAA. Aand here I am now xD
Why do you love TLK? How do I even begin to answer this question... TLK is such a fundamental part of my life now that I really can't imagine where I'd be without it. I love the film for its story, its characters, its music, its animation, the creativity it inspires... The entire film as a whole is just... perfect in every way.
Will you ever get sick of TLK? If it hasn't happened yet I don't think it ever will... xD But I will say that I am growing a little tired of the fan art fandom and the fans who try to piece every little piece of the TLK universe together, fill in every plot hole and explain absolutely everything. Nowadays I want to just enjoy the film and the musical for what they are. I still like to draw up the occasional theory, but there are too many fans who take TLK theories a little bit too seriously.
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Hmm... This question was a lot harder to answer than I thought xP Possibly my adult Simba plushie from Disneyland Paris that I got when I was about seven or eight years old. He's still a beautiful plush despite how much I've played with him and I very rarely see any like him anywhere online.
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? Yes. My first cat, Simba...
Any additional thoughts: Not really :P

KiarasBiggestFan
October 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM
FAVOURITES
Good character: Kiara
Bad character: Zira
Character all-round: Kiara
Song: Love will find a way
Musical score: When Kiara's chasing the butterfly
Scene: Kovu and Kiara chasing the birds
Quote: "A wise king once told me, 'We are one' I didn't understand him then..now I do."

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from?
A fight
Who is Nala‘s father?
A rouge.
He ate a lot more than Timon and Pumbaa.
SFX/SEX in the stars?
SFX
How did Nala escape the Pridelands?
She told Scar she was going hunting
Is Scar Nuka‘s father?
Yes

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be?
Make the cub at the end of The Lion King look like Kiara
How did you get into the fandom?
I used to watch the Timon and Pumbaa cartoon a lot as a toddler and loved it. I watched The Lion King at least once as a toddler. I saw TLK 1 1\2 in elementary school and years later watched Simba's Pride.
Why do you love TLK?
It's a really fun fandom. Simba's Pride is my all time favorite movie. 1 and 1.5 are also really great and fun.
Will you ever get sick of TLK?
No
Your favourite TLK thing that you own?
Simba plush or Disney Story book with a Simba's Pride story.
Ever named a pet after a TLK character?
I think I named one of my fish Kiara..
Any additional thoughts:
Hakuna Mattata!

Kirauni
September 15th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Here we go :)

FAVOURITES
Good character: Zazu, Mufasa, Nala, Sarabi, Kiara, Simba, Kovu
Bad character: Scar, Zira, Ed, Shenzi
Character all-round: Zazu :zazublush: But it also used to be Simba and Mufasa. I guess that changes over time.
Song: Circle of Life, He lives in you
Musical score: We are all connected
Scene: Simba returns
Quote: "The monkey is his uncle?"

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? Hmm hard to tell. I think I'll stick to the version mentioned in 6NA. But I also think the Chronicle's version might be plausible.
Who is Nala‘s father? Rakeesh the White Lion. *Insideder's joke*
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? They contain a lot of protein, I guess? Must have ben tons of those bugs and grubs...
SFX/SEX in the stars? SFX.
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? Like we were told in the Musical and the cut scene.
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? I guess.

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? When Kiara tries to save Zira, I think Simba should have climbed down after her, too. And Kovu should have been the one to save Simba. Like in Simba's nightmare, but this time Kovu did the good thing. That would have been awesome.

How did you get into the fandom? Back in 1998 I read about the sequeln and ran a websearch for it. That's when I found the lionking.org homepage.
Why do you love TLK? It's timeless, brilliant and has influenced my life greatly.
Will you ever get sick of TLK? Definately.
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Uh.. that's a tough question. Maybe all my DVDs/BluRays or the giant douglas Simba.
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? Nope. And I don't intend to.
Any additional thoughts: Not really. TLK is an awesome movie and I'm grateful that I got to know it as a child :)

lionobsession
September 15th, 2014, 04:54 PM
FAVOURITES
Good character: Hmm... Simba and Nala (couldn't decide!)
Bad character: Vitani (does she count?) If not, Scar.
Character all-round: SIMBA!!!
Song: From the film: Hakuna Matata From the musical: Shadowland
Musical score: This Land (absolutely love it!)
Scene: Mufasa and Simba under the stars.
Quote: "Hakuna Matata!"

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? Either from the Cape Buffalo or from Ahadi. Depends on my mood.
Who is Nala‘s father? Personally, I think it was Mega from TLK6NA.
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? Who says he can't!
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? She ran away whilst on a hunt. I don't know...
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Yes

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? Have the cub at the end of TLK as the cub in TLK 2. Fluffy or Kopa depending on what people believe.
How did you get into the fandom? I had loved TLK since I first saw it at 3 years old, but it took me until the age of 13 to sign up to The Lion King Source, my first TLK fansite. From then on, I discovered new places such as My Lion King and TLKFAA until I found Lea literally 2 days ago!
Why do you love TLK? It is one of the only films I remember from that age and from then on I have only loved lions. I love the lions, I love the music, I love the animation, I love the storyline. I love everything!!!
Will you ever get sick of TLK? I can't believe you are asking this question!!!
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Tough one... I would have to say my duvet and pillow cases. When I was 8, my mum painted some orange cases with the logo for the musical and I refuse to get rid of them. I guess I love them so much because they're unique. Another of my favs has to be the actual DVD itself. Who could live without it?
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? Nope, although I did want my dog to be called Simba. Instead, he's Alfie Dug Sven from all the cartoon characters that remind us of him. (Looks like Dug, personality like Sven)
Any additional thoughts: I am ashamed to announce that a few of my friends have never seen TLK, but don't worry. I'll soon tie them to my sofa and force them to watch it! (Mwa ha ha ha!!!)

Guntur
September 15th, 2014, 05:00 PM
FAVOURITES

Good character: Mufasa

Bad character: Banzai. (He look like a loose wire type of character)

Musical score: Simba Confronts Scar

Scene: King of the Past

Quote: "But the King is dead, if it weren't for you, He'd still be alive"

THEORIES

Where did Scar‘s scar come from? I only believe that he got scratch before mating.

Who is Nala‘s father? Mufasa

How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? This is 21st century, There's a million way to grow so big.

SFX/SEX in the stars? SFX, Only idiots notice there's a SEX reference in a disney movie

How did Nala escape the Pridelands? After a disagreement with King Scar of course

Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Yeah, or there's possibility a blackmane Lion nearby Pride Rock

OTHER

If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? Ed would talk and have conversation with SCAR

How did you get into the fandom? Hmmm, long story short, there's a site called: KingofPriderock[dot]com

Why do you love TLK? To be honest my life is parallel, with the storyline, right now I'm in Hakuna Matata stage, I don't know what will happen next, either just jump up as a King or just waiting for Can You Feel the Love Tonight scene.

Will you ever get sick of TLK? Nop, as I don't like any visual stuff anymore (like movies), I always "watching" by listening to the Legacy soundtrack

Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Non, I own non of the merchandise.

Ever named a pet after a TLK character? Nop, as I love the movie I won't go to that little area to be honest.

Any additional thoughts: No, I just like the questionaire, it just simple, easy and full of thoughts.

Kossu
September 16th, 2014, 08:57 AM
FAVOURITES
Good character:Mufasa,Sarabi,Rafiki,Simba,Nala..pretty much all the good characters
Bad character:Scar
Character all-round:Simba
Song:Circle of life
Musical score:King of Pride Rock
Scene:The whole movie gives me chills...but I guess the return of Simba.Busa le lizwe bo!
Quote:We are all connected in the great circle of life

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from?An accident or fight that involved Mufasa/his parents/a loved one.
Who is Nala‘s father?A male lion that was banished from the pride because he came of age/a rogue?
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs?He ate loooooots of them.Nah.I too believe that eventually he started hunting without Timon and Pumbaa knowing.
SFX/SEX in the stars?I had never noticed it until I saw about it on parodies on fanart.archive(fanart by Timali)...Don't know and don't particularly care.I'll go along with the official version:SFX
How did Nala escape the Pridelands?The other lionesses distracted Scar and the hyenas,giving Nala an opening to escape.
Is Scar Nuka‘s father?I'd say yes.Nuka has crazy genes,that's obvious enough.:P

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be?Rewrite SP and TLK 1 1/2,as other members suggested already.I don't hate SP but it doesn't live up to the first movie.And I don't even want to talk about TLK 1 1/2.
How did you get into the fandom?Around 2001 I discovered lionking.org while looking for lion king pictures and stuff...On 2004 I joined the fanart archive...I've been around ever since but especially in the beginning I wasn't super social because of language issues...
Why do you love TLK?TLK has been there ever since I remember myself.I grew up with Simba and Nala and dreaming of their lands.I can't imagine my life without it.Without it,I wouldn't be the person I am today.
Will you ever get sick of TLK?I don't think so.
Your favourite TLK thing that you own?A large cardboard Simba that I got as birthday gift 2 years ago.
Ever named a pet after a TLK character?Yes,I named one of our cats Nala when I was 4-5.
Any additional thoughts:Looking forward to the Lion guard.Zzzzzzzz....

Vidan
September 17th, 2014, 05:40 PM
FAVOURITES
Good character: :zazuevil2: & :aww: & :)
Bad character: :scarinnocent:
Character all-round: :rawr:
Song: "Circle of Life"
Musical score: "...To Die For" (Wildebeest stampede)
Scene: "Remember who you are"
Quote: "Can't cut it out. It will grow right back. Hehehe." "Creepy little monkey."

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? :stick: It wasn't the first time Rafiki whacked someone's head with a stick, nor the last, but the time he tried it on Scar, he missed -- whether intentionally or not, we'll never know.
Who is Nala‘s father? Not just Who, but Doctor Who. Now that would be an interesting development.

int simba = 1;

simba = runAway(simba) + neverReturn(); /* neverReturn always returns 0 */

private static int runAway(int simba) {
try {

eats(simba, grubs); /* no effect */
simba /= 0;

}
catch Exception e {

System.out.println("Silly Simba, you can't divide yourself by zero, but you get this huge stack of cookies as a consolation prize.");
years++;
simba = Integer.MAX_VALUE;

}

return simba;
}

SFX/SEX in the stars? I guess it depends on the mood. (I honestly wouldn't have ever seen letters if others hadn't pointed it out.)
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? The Pridelands are equipped with underground escape tunnels, a little-known relic of the Prohibition era.
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Sure, I'll take it.

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? I would replace all of The Lion King 1-1/2 (3) with the Windows Blue Screen of Death. (Honestly, I'm not sure anything about the movies needs to change, unlike George Lucas and Star Wars. :zazuwhisper:)
How did you get into the fandom? I was working at a store that sold books, movies and music and The Lion King had just come out on DVD. I remember liking it as a kid, so I picked it up, then I watched it every day for a month. And that's when I found Lea Halalela.
Why do you love TLK? It's pretty much the perfect movie -- no shorter or longer than it needs to be -- and themes are pretty much universal.
Will you ever get sick of TLK? No. However, I've gotten to the point where paradoxically I don't feel the need to ever watch it again on my own, though I'd be happy to watch it with other people.
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Deluxe Collector's Edition VHS set.
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? I have not.
Any additional thoughts: There are no additional thoughts, only Zuul.

Utora
September 21st, 2014, 04:25 AM
FAVOURITES
Good character: Mufasa & Simba
Character all-round: Sarabi & Nala
Song: Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Musical score: Battle of Pride Rock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4LVmPyOf98)
Scene: Mufasa's Ghost
Quote: "...and we'll always be together, right?" "Simba, let me tell you something that my father once told me. 'Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars.'" "Really?" "Yes. So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I"

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? Maybe from the books, or maybe from Sarabi?
Who is Nala‘s father? An outsider I'm sure....
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? It could work maybe LOL.
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? Sneeky Nala....
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? It's a nice plot...

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? That Scar killed Mufasa.....

How did you get into the fandom? Since I saw the movie; from art (TLKFAA) which led me to many sites that led me here to meet even more fans. :)
Why do you love TLK? Artowkr and music, characters and plots - part of my soul.
Will you ever get sick of TLK? Nah...
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Plush Mufasa....
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? No.

Utora
September 21st, 2014, 04:40 AM

int simba = 1;

try {

simba /= 0;

}
catch Exception e {

System.out.println("Silly Simba, you can't divide yourself by zero, but you get this huge stack of cookies as a consolation prize.");
years++;

}

return simba;
}

:lol:

Oh my goodness you crack me up!

KanuTGL
September 21st, 2014, 08:36 AM
Who is Nala‘s father? Not just Who, but Doctor Who. Now that would be an interesting development.

int simba = 1;

try {

simba /= 0;

}
catch Exception e {

years++;

}

return simba;
}

Hahaha! :lol: Those are amazing answers :p

Guntur
September 21st, 2014, 05:36 PM

int simba = 1;

try {

simba /= 0;

}
catch Exception e {

years++;

}

return simba;
}

*Spit take* God, hilarious. :lol: :lol: :haha: :lol: :lol: :idiot:

Vidan
September 23rd, 2014, 05:34 AM
Thanks, I guess learning Java finally paid off. :zazupleased:

Raize
October 6th, 2014, 01:52 AM
FAVOURITES
Good character: Kovu
Bad character: Scar, of course :D
Character all-round: Simba or Kovu for sure
Song: Endless Night, but from the movie itself, Can You Feel The Love Tonight?
Scene: Rafiki and Simba talking about the past. But also, this -> :rawr:
Quote: "Oh yes, the past can hurt, but you can either run from it, or learn from it"

THEORIES
Where did Scar‘s scar come from? Maybe Mufasa was secretly abusive. Nah, I think Scar gave himself the scar to look cool. hipster Scar.
Who is Nala‘s father? According to the creators of the film, it's either Mufasa or Scar. Icky to us, common to real life lions. My bet is on Scar.
How did Simba grow so big eating grubs? He ate all of the predators that attacked Timon and Pumbaa (from the Timon and Pumbaa show)
SFX/SEX in the stars? SEX
How did Nala escape the Pridelands? She obviously teamed up with Gopher, and he dug a big hole for her to crawl through to escape. *nods*
Is Scar Nuka‘s father? Yeah, pretty sure. I mean, how many lions could Zira have... ya know :rawr:

OTHER
If you could change any one thing in the TLK movies, what would it be? Better animation/theatrical release for The Lion King II, more time spent on the animation and story in general
How did you get into the fandom? I started by RPing on Yahoo Groups so long ago 2000-2003 (not sure what year actually)
Why do you love TLK? Good story, good animation, good music - what's not to love? :kovusmile:
Will you ever get sick of TLK? I wouldn't say I got 'sick' of it, but I do go through long periods of time of not watching it.
Your favourite TLK thing that you own? Mm... this will sound self-praising but, my lion-king inspired fanart. It's unique and mine alone, so, it's special to me :)
Ever named a pet after a TLK character? I would have, if any of my pets' personalities or appearances resembled them, but so far, no.
Any additional thoughts: