PDA

View Full Version : TLK extended scores released

This Land
November 5th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I have been looking on this russain website and downloading off it for some time now, this site contains all of the TLK sooundtracks ready for download (the songs are still english).
Bud they have added another album, which was released in 2005 these are all Hans zimmers extended scores from TLK :cheese:

http://pridelands.ru/?p=music-hans

Ralli
November 5th, 2005, 06:39 PM
:gasp: ...I can die happy now.

MehndiX
November 5th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Very awesome.

Daniel
November 5th, 2005, 08:19 PM
thanks for finding that mate :D

This Land
November 5th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Thankyou :cheese:
Some of the soundtracks sound
simlileir but most of them are different, loads of scores are there, i really like them, im suprised they jave only just came out in 2005 and not a few years before

Nalalcholist
November 5th, 2005, 08:40 PM
I'm more surprised ther's a site which offers them...freely...

This Land
November 5th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Quite alot of lea membrs know about it, download any TLK soundtrack for free :cheese:

http://pridelands.ru/?p=music

music downloading in russia not illigal i think, thats ehy its a russian website

Nalalcholist
November 5th, 2005, 09:01 PM
HEY ! I was downloadin a file when this message appeared :

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Then now I can't download anything...

nathalie
November 5th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Well, legal or not, there are still many websites who give free download stuff, which usually isn't legal ... so yeah ...

This Land
November 5th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Nalalcholist
HEY ! I was downloadin a file when this message appeared :

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

Then now I can't download anything...

too many people are downloading off that site or the site or the site has disabled downloads temoroaryly, just try agin in about 10 mins or so ;)

Nalalcholist
November 5th, 2005, 09:07 PM
fiuu...yep...I can download other files...

I worried for a sec...

This Land
November 5th, 2005, 09:08 PM
lol, if anything comes up which mentions "temporary" just give it 10 mins or so :)

Its good that you can download the music for free.

But owning the actual cd's and albums instead are alot more collectable and maybe worth somthing. My local music store is still selling TLK special edition soundtrack cd on the shelf for ?14.99

Nalalcholist
November 5th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Uh Uh uh..and who's buyin it ?

This Land
November 5th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Nobody buying it from that store :cringe: :lol:

But if you mean "who buys TLK soundtracks?" in general, just ask nathalie and she will give you a answer :lol:

Nalalcholist
November 5th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I meant the first one...

MehndiX
November 5th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I couldn't find this cd online for some reason. SimbaX had once talked about a CD he had seen very briefly (unless it was a knock off). It was supposed to have other music from the film, but it was pulled very fast. It made me wonder if this is it?

The mystery cd is it real or fake ;)

nathalie
November 5th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by This land
Nobody buying it from that store :cringe: :lol:

But if you mean "who buys TLK soundtracks?" in general, just ask nathalie and she will give you a answer :lol:

*euhm* Yeah, I do still buy them ... So, I don't think it's all that funny.

And they were worth every single ? or $.

Esp. the Polish SE soundtrack, costed a little, but I'm sure darn happy to have it (and it was still sealed when I got it).

And the English + Dutch cd's are also still availeble over here, and they cost as much as like almost every other CD out there. (+/- 20 ?)

This Land
November 5th, 2005, 10:18 PM
So, I don't think it's all that funny.

I didnt mean it in a insulting way :cheese:

nathalie
November 5th, 2005, 10:23 PM
I know :)

But in any other way, I didn't find that quite funny :confused:

Oh well, but that's just me :p

Bahati
November 6th, 2005, 02:19 AM
I'm pretty positive this is a slightly rehashed version of another bootleg soundtrack CD and not a legitimate product.

Lion King (Expanded Score - no FX) ( 1994 ) (http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/disco_detail.php?id=534&id_page=5)

I've listened to all the tracks listed on pridelands.ru. Several have strikingly good stereo sound quality, but many others are terrible-sounding mono tracks.

HasiraKali
November 6th, 2005, 03:19 AM
I love that site. It's a good alternative for me until I'm able to get the actual CDs. After today though I'm pretty much free to do whatever I want since I purchased what I've been saving for. ;)

simba2662
November 7th, 2005, 06:49 AM
:cheese: Thanks Heaps for the link This Land, thats awesome.

ThiagoPE
November 7th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Great songs, is a shame it not be released in entire world

Nalalcholist
November 7th, 2005, 10:20 AM
But the entire world can download them...

nathalie
November 7th, 2005, 10:44 AM
True.

But if it was on CD availeble I'd get it. Rather original then copy.

ThiagoPE
November 7th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
True.

But if it was on CD availeble I'd get it. Rather original then copy.

\same for me

unregistered user
November 7th, 2005, 04:18 PM
at last..
i found my fav part of the movie
The battle of Middl.. i mean Pride rock
muahaha.. the confrontation of Simba and Scar always get me :( :emo:

Aurelian
November 7th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I just got these through the Mailing list. Really cool to listed to these tunes without watching the movie.

SimbaTLK1
November 8th, 2005, 04:39 AM
@Roquivo:

I got the ones from the mailing list as well, and I think these are different (21 tracks vs 16). I'm curious as to if they are from the same source.

nathalie
November 10th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Look what I just found on ebay: click (http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Lion-King-Definitive-Complete-Score-2-CD_W0QQitemZ4791039299QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZVi ewItem).

In my opinion, it looks totally fake.

--EDIT--
Hmm, that link doesn't work?

Anyways:
http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/61/a0/c0_1.JPG

THE LION KING COMPLETE
SCORE DEFINITIVE EDITION

2/CD
Music By Hans Zimmer
Complete Recording session

Tracks: 21 + 13
Total time: 79:43 + 50:12 mins.
Track Listing: Yes

And he would like to sell it for 70 $.

snow-jemima
November 10th, 2005, 06:08 AM
I got one last night! Now I have to buy a cd to burn it! *can't wait*

LunarCat
November 11th, 2005, 02:33 AM
cool! i'm definitely going to look for the actual cd :p but in the meantime, thanks for the link!

2 Die FR
November 12th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Oh-kay, I took the time to download this mysterious, Hans Zimmer "Extended Score." That site is touchy- took me the course of three days to make the links work, but I finally got 'em.

Couple of things. Firstly, the naming is kinda funky. I'm not sure who made this album or how the tracks were created/taken, but judging by its flaws it makes it obvious that it's a bootleg CD. What's with the 'Alternate' names? Why not just call them by their real names- CoL, JKW2BK, etc.? "Life Isn't Fair, Is It" is actually "Setting The Trap," and "Stampede (first half...)" is actually "Be Prepared." "Run Away" is the real Stampede track. -.-

Oh well.

More frustrating than that, however, is the tracks themselves. If they sound weird to you, which they did to me at first, it's because every single one of them (besides the not-score actual song songs) are slowed down, and as a result, the pitches are lower- one partial to be exact- as if it were a record playing at a slower speed. This makes it annoying as a lister and not very enjoyable if you know how it's supposed to sound like, having watched the movie, how many times now?? ;) So I individually took each of the tracks on a sound editing program and sped up the speed and raised the pitch to where they should be, and now it sounds pristine.

If you want to hear the track as it is supposed to be played, use a sound-editor (soundforge, goldwave, cubase...) copy-paste your actual song directly in a 48Khz file. And then, re-sample it as 44,1Khz.
Now The track plays at correct speed.

Wow.

Or you could PM me and poke me hard until I give in and send them to you. Either way...

This Land
November 12th, 2005, 06:00 PM
i know what you mean, but keep in mind these are the original scores, these are how they sounded like before they where handed over to disney to make them sound different so they blend in more with the certain scene the score is for.

Bahati
November 12th, 2005, 10:26 PM
These are poorly-copied versions of the original scores. That CD on pridelands.ru isn't a legitimate release.

2 Die FR
November 14th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by This land
i know what you mean, but keep in mind these are the original scores, these are how they sounded like before they where handed over to disney to make them sound different so they blend in more with the certain scene the score is for.
Not true. The fact that the tracks sound different is because whoever created the bootleg CD made a mistake. The tracks are in 48Khz and are meant to be 41,1Khz. Although Disney does to some tinkering with the score to fit in with the scenes, they never had to speed up the rate of the music itself.

zorinlynx
November 14th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Well, I snagged this from the post on TLK-L. The version there was speed-corrected and sounded damn good! I was very impressed, and have already listened to a few of the tracks multiple times.

"The Once and Future King" is beautiful. I think it's my favorite track in the set. It contains so much that is missing from the pathetic rearrangement on the official soundtrack! I also noticed something interesting about it; some of the instrumentation (like that playful melody when Simba is trying to wake Mufasa) is missing! Normally I'd be upset, but the backing orchestration is so beautiful that it makes up for it.

"Plotting" is also wonderful, especially the second half. So long I've wanted to hear that playful music by itself, when Simba runs down to see Nala!

I've already put this collection on my iPod so it's with me all the time. It's amazing, and whoever leaked it at Disney did the world a favor by making this amazing music available for all.

Long live Hans Zimmer!

-Z

2 Die FR
November 14th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Now where is this that you found it?

This Land
November 14th, 2005, 07:07 AM
*Sorry, posted the same thing twice*

This Land
November 14th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by 2 Die FR
Not true. The fact that the tracks sound different is because whoever created the bootleg CD made a mistake. The tracks are in 48Khz and are meant to be 41,1Khz. Although Disney does to some tinkering with the score to fit in with the scenes, they never had to speed up the rate of the music itself.

Ah, cool, i never knew that, one thing i still dont undertsand,how do you know the tracks are meant to be in 41,1Khz. :evilgrin: Besides this even if the tracks are too lower pitch they still sound brilliant :cheese:

Originally posted by zorinlynx
"The Once and Future King" is beautiful. I think it's my favorite track in the set. It contains so much that is missing from the pathetic rearrangement on the official soundtrack! I also noticed something interesting about it; some of the instrumentation (like that playful melody when Simba is trying to wake Mufasa) is missing! Normally I'd be upset, but the backing orchestration is so beautiful that it makes up for it.

I have to agree with you there, that soundtrack is one of my favourites aswell, also "kings of the past" is brilliant aswell.

Azerane
November 22nd, 2005, 10:40 AM
I really hope I can find a copy of this somewhere, I would love to own one instead of just downloading it, the music is simply beautiful, I've always wondered about it, wanting to have a copy of it. It's so awesome and just stunning.

*edit* I think 'This is my Home' is one of my favourites, it's really nice, then again, they're all so good. It makes me wonder though why they have Circle of Life, Be Prepared and Can you Feel the Love Tonight, but not I just Can't Wait to Be King... unless I just missed it... then again, I'm not quite at the end yet, I'm 3 or 4 songs from the bottom.

Bahati
November 22nd, 2005, 02:26 PM
Would someone with the speed-corrected copies from the mailing list throw them up onto a hosting service? I'd prefer not to resample most of the copies from prideslands.ru.

ThiagoPE
November 22nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Bahati
Would someone with the speed-corrected copies from the mailing list throw them up onto a hosting service? I'd prefer not to resample most of the copies from prideslands.ru.

can you explain better Bahati?

speed-corrected ???
mailing list ???
resample???

zorinlynx
November 22nd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Here ya'll go:

http://zorin.org/share/nala-is-cute/

It will only be there temporarily, though.

-Z

ThiagoPE
November 22nd, 2005, 05:26 PM
Also now azerane touched in this subject, any one know if this cd will be released outside united states?

Bahati
November 22nd, 2005, 11:43 PM
It's a bootleg CD, so the chances of snagging your own physical copy are pretty slim.

nafklt
November 24th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Awesome! Thanks Zorin!:cheese:

zorinlynx
November 24th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Hope everyone got it, because I pulled it down. Just as I expected, the link got spread around to other forums, and folks were grabbing it from everywhere. Don't wanna get in trouble!

http://homepage.mac.com.nyud.net:8090/mwongozi/things/tlkscore1.zip
http://homepage.mac.com.nyud.net:8090/mwongozi/things/tlkscore2.zip

Those links may still work.

-Z

KanuTGL
November 24th, 2005, 01:59 PM
I'm sooo happy for that site xD (pridelands.ru)

And I'm sooo happy for the extended score! I have the lot on my mp3 now :p