PDA

View Full Version : The last movie you've watched thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Namazzi
February 6th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2! ... lol.

Azerane
February 6th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Saving Mr Banks. Fantastic movie, but it kinda hit a nerve with me and I found it hard to watch in some parts. But great movie, I too shed some tears.

Safila
February 16th, 2014, 12:58 AM
^ It was sad in parts wasn't it.

Wedding Crashers.

KanuTGL
February 16th, 2014, 01:04 PM
The Great Mouse Detective :D

Azerane
February 17th, 2014, 12:33 AM
Sure was Safila.

Juno

KanuTGL
February 17th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Treasure Planet. Underrated film, I think.

Azerane
February 20th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Rush. Gotta say that I loved it.

HasiraKali
February 21st, 2014, 03:28 AM
The Lego Movie

Azerane
February 22nd, 2014, 02:40 AM
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole :D

Lyonize
February 27th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Elysium

Azerane
March 4th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Happy Feet Two. A little silly in places as expected, but overall I enjoyed it, though I feel like Sven's story was finished properly.

KanuTGL
March 5th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Star Wars: Episode I

It's been aaages since I last saw this one, haha. I know a lot of people hate the prequels, but I don't think Episode I is that bad... xP

Kirauni
May 2nd, 2014, 03:21 PM
"Unknown" (2011)

It was shown on TV a few days ago and I watched it. The plot is very similiar to the Bourne Identity but the movie has a nice twist at the end.
But the German names are really odd... "Gretchen", "Jürgen" and "Hans". :scaryes:

nathalie
May 2nd, 2014, 04:58 PM
I can't even remember, lol, that's how little tv I watch these days. I think the last one was War Horse over a week ago.

Guntur
May 2nd, 2014, 05:07 PM
The last movie I watched was Sound City (Film). A great great film for someone who are studying audio technology and engineering.

ThiagoPE
May 2nd, 2014, 06:26 PM
Recently, I have been watching a lot of national movies. It would be great if we had more access to other than the superproductions from Hollywood, as we find great movies with low budget.

The last non Brazilian movie I watched was a haunted house 2, it's a movie that you can laugh a little, but I think some jokes are too forced, and I don't liked that.

Enviado de meu GT-S7273T usando Tapatalk

HasiraKali
May 3rd, 2014, 04:13 AM
The Pirate Fairy

Azerane
May 4th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Sense and Sensibility :D

Leorgathar
May 6th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, for Star Wars Day.

I still stand proudly for not having been spoiled about Vader being Luke's father when I watched it as a kid, it was such a huge twist for me then :lol:

Azerane
May 6th, 2014, 12:40 PM
^To be honest, I don't remember if that was spoiled for me or not. I know I was very young when I first watched star wars, so it's possible that I watched it but the twist didn't have much of an effect on me. Also as a kid, episode V was always my least favourite because I thought that Luke spent too much time with boring old Yoda on Dagobah :lol: (little did I know then that yoda is clearly an awesome character)

The last movie I watched was Jane Eyre. It was alright, safe to say it wasn't quite what I was expecting :p

Guntur
May 6th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I like Episode V to be honest with the imperial chase scene. Now the last movie I watch was Bujang Lapok over commemorate over death of Aziz Satar earlier this morning.

Sent from my Lenovo S820 using Tapatalk

KanuTGL
May 6th, 2014, 04:40 PM
I didn't know about Vader being Luke's father either when I first watched the Star Wars films. Yay :lol:

The last film I watched was Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame. I love this film, soo much :aww:

ThiagoPE
May 6th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Yesterday I gone to cinema and decided to watch two movies: The amazing spider man 2 and Noah

Enviado de meu XT687 usando Tapatalk

Sharifu
May 7th, 2014, 12:13 AM
Rio 2

Honestly I didn't like it as much as the first. Still enjoyable to watch though. I love parrots. Blu is so adorable.

nathalie
May 11th, 2014, 05:16 AM
The heat.

Expected a lot more from this movie, funnier is one thing.
I love Sandra Bullock, I think she is one of the greatest actresses ever, she can just do anything.

But Melissa, I loved her in Gilmore Girls and Mike & Molly, but in this movie, she just annoyed me (her voice mainly).

It was only about after an hour into the movie I actually started laughing and really enjoying it.

Azerane
May 11th, 2014, 09:01 AM
^ I'm the exact opposite, I very much dislike Sandra Bullock :p

I recently watched all the X-men movies, just need to see the new one now.

Safila
June 11th, 2014, 03:49 AM
Maleficent.

KanuTGL
June 11th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm slowly rewatching all the Harry Potter films; it's been many, many years since I saw most of them. So far I'm liking them a lot more than I remembered, so that's cool :3

ThiagoPE
June 12th, 2014, 03:22 AM
I watched "the fault is in our starts". It's classified as a romance, but to me the first half is a comedy and the second is a drama. And is almost impossible not cry on the movie end (the whole cinema was). I liked it and recommend you to watch it.

Enviado de meu XT687 usando Tapatalk

Azerane
June 12th, 2014, 09:17 AM
The Way Way Back, it was different, but I suppose it was alright.

Safila
June 13th, 2014, 07:24 AM
The Fault in our Stars.. Sad.. couldn't stop crying.

Azerane
June 16th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Blue Valentine. Not quite what I was expecting, but then I didn't read up on it before watching, I just kinda jumped into it.

Edit: I lied... It was Zombieland. Forgot that I watched it :p

Azerane
June 24th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Storm Boy. About time I educated myself on this Australian classic.

ladyaislinn
June 24th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Balto. Classic film. I hadn't seen it in years!

Azerane
June 24th, 2014, 01:23 PM
^I haven't seen that in years either. Might have to be next on the watch list.

The Lion King. Had been a while, and what better time to watch it than on its 20th anniversary. :)

Safila
June 29th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Pinocchio.

ThiagoPE
June 29th, 2014, 10:01 AM
How to train your Dragon 2

Enviado de meu GT-S7273T usando Tapatalk

nathalie
June 29th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Jack & Jill.

I'm really not a fan of Adam Sandler, his voice :cringe: haha
And I thought it would be quite a lame movie, looking at the previews they showed on TV.
But I decided to tape it anyways, and I really really liked it! Great humor.

Adam Sandler looked quite hot as a woman :lol:

Azerane
July 5th, 2014, 11:56 AM
"Becoming Jane" It was a bad choice because I found it really depressing :lol: Still enjoyed it though.

KanuTGL
July 5th, 2014, 05:59 PM
How To Train Your Dragon 2. And I enjoyed it. I did :3

nathalie
July 13th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Malificent at the movies last night.

Wanted How to train your dragon 2, as Kenny loved the first one, but it was only showing in 3D in English, and Kenny doesn't do well with 3D, either puts that glasses on top of his own glasses which is annoying, or takes of his regular glasses and won't see a thing, hehe.

Was pleasantly surprised about the movie! Didn't knew what to expect, so that helped I guess.
Total different meaning of True Love's Kiss, I really liked that.

Azerane
July 13th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Deep Impact, it was lame :lol: But that could have something to do with it being a bit outdated. I don't like Tea Leoni, so that probably didn't help either. Trying to decide between Skyfall (which I've already seen) or Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy for tonight's viewing :p I was going to be seeing Rio 2 with a friend, but now she has to attend a birth for her midwifery studies.

nathalie
July 13th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Both movies don't seem to be of any interest for me, so can't help you decide, lol.
I don't like the new 007 movies with that blonde guy, forgot his name, haha.

Azerane
July 13th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Daniel Craig :p At first I didn't really like him either, but I really liked Skyfall the first time I saw it, very back to basics typical sort of Bond movie.

Stormfury
July 13th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Death Note Relight - Visions of a God.

nathalie
July 13th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Death Note Relight - Visions of a God.

Is the film a must-see after seeing the series?

Stormfury
July 14th, 2014, 02:35 AM
Is the film a must-see after seeing the series?

It's essentially the anime (Kira-L only) squashed into movie form, with a few changes of course. Still a must-see because, Death Note. :D

KanuTGL
July 14th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Last movie I watched was... Frozen, I think. I am, actually, starting to like it less and less with every view... Whoops.

Azerane
July 14th, 2014, 10:55 AM
That's funny, I started out not liking Frozen and then liking it more with every view :p

Last one I watched was Tinker Tailor Solider Spy, and boy did it drag. Apart from some random dying early on, barely anything happened in the first half and there was just a whole lot of nothing. It may have ended up good if I'd paid more attention, but I didn't feel it deserved it after how boring the first part was :p

Azerane
July 20th, 2014, 08:07 AM
How To Train Your Dragon 2, for the third time :p Oh my gosh do I love that movie.

ThiagoPE
July 21st, 2014, 10:46 AM
Wow azerane! If you Liked so much the movie, save some money to get it in DVD/BD format :)

Enviado de meu LT26i usando Tapatalk

Stormfury
July 21st, 2014, 06:57 PM
Dante's Peak.

Leorgathar
July 21st, 2014, 07:07 PM
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

It was much better than what I expected, truly worth it :)

KanuTGL
July 21st, 2014, 11:25 PM
How To Train Your Dragon 2... again :p

Guntur
July 23rd, 2014, 06:52 PM
The Proposal, for the third time this month.

Never give your Decoder controller to your sister.

Azerane
July 27th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Warm bodies :)

nathalie
July 27th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Harry Potter 3

they are airing every one of them every Saturday, which is good, because I stopped watching after 3, lol, and now I can catch up for the next month

KanuTGL
July 30th, 2014, 01:41 PM
The Lego Movie, finally :lol: I really liked it!

Leorgathar
August 8th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Aaand yep, Michael Bay ruined my childhood heroes, again -_- Besides the character designs being the most awful ever made for TMNT, the movie has so many plot points that made me cringe over and over again xP not worth my time, but at least I went to a showing for just about $2, so my wallet didn't really suffer.

I loved TMNT as little kid, and I know there's a decently good show on Nickelodeon for today's kids, but it just doesn't fit the world of live action anymore, that should have stayed in the early 90's, when animatronic masks were impressive.

Azerane
August 8th, 2014, 06:07 AM
^ I really didn't expect it to be any good, didn't like what I saw in any of the trailers.

Sadiki
August 15th, 2014, 06:39 AM
AVGN: The Movie

Really Enjoyed that one. Crowed was great and also Kevin Finn was there to answer the questions after the movie. Really glad we were able to get the tickets and the timing was perfect as it was Vidan's birthday. Really recommend seeing it if you watch his movies. It's as cheesy as you expect it to be and it doesn't try to be anything that it's not. The digital download should come out in September and Bluray and DVD come out in December.

nathalie
August 15th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Grown Ups 2.

I really liked the first movie, so decided to get the 2nd one aswell, finally watched it last night, and that movie should have never ever been made -_-
It had no point to it, what-so-ever.

Leorgathar
August 15th, 2014, 08:05 AM
^ I thought exactly the same, it was just pointless and lame comedy. Not even a moral to the story or anything :blah:

I watched The Expendables 3 today. Not too bad, but also highly predictable. I liked the second one more.

KanuTGL
August 17th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Good fun :p

Kossu
August 25th, 2014, 05:47 PM
The sorcerer's apprentice.

Which was a lot more fun than I expected it to be.

nathalie
August 25th, 2014, 05:57 PM
One of the Harry Potter movies, I think the 3rd last in line, I don't remember the name, haha, only the last 2 left now to watch.
I'm starting to like the movies a lot more now, though, what a lame ending this one had :(

I've never seen the entire series yet.

KanuTGL
August 25th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Her.

Very interesting film.

Azerane
September 6th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Little Miss Sunshine, it was a pretty cool movie.

Azerane
September 13th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Bride and Prejudice, it's the first Bollywood movie I've watched and I must say I had a good laugh :p

nathalie
September 13th, 2014, 09:42 AM
The Watch.

No idea what it was about, but it had Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn & the guy who plays Moss in the IT-crowd (and Jonah Hill, but I don't like him), so I thought it had to be good.

I had eyes wide open with a few scenes ... lolz. But overall, pretty good movie.

ThiagoPE
September 13th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Hercules 3D, As a lion lover, i just didnt he killing the lion and using his fur throught the movie :P

Anyway, the movie is a little boring in the beginning but has a very good and unexpected ending. I liked it.

cleargreenwater
September 13th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Newsies

cleargreenwater
September 13th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Bride and Prejudice, it's the first Bollywood movie I've watched and I must say I had a good laugh :p

I am so curious about Bollywood movies, glad to have a recommendation for a starter one!

Kirauni
September 15th, 2014, 02:13 PM
"Slumdog Millionaire" is also a Bollywood production, if I remember it correctly. Quite impressive that movie.

As for me, the last movie I watched was "Megamind 3D". I had some good laughs.

Safila
September 16th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Beatrix Potter Story

Utora
October 11th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Lilo & Stitch...

for the first time, too. My new favorite.

KanuTGL
October 12th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame. For the third Saturday in a row, I might add... :lol:

Azerane
October 13th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I've never seen them all, so I thought I would run through them. Think I've only seen one and a bit more and maybe a few parts here and there, so should be interesting.

Safila
October 16th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Gone Girl.

HasiraKali
October 18th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Little Shop of Horrors One of my favorites.

ThiagoPE
October 19th, 2014, 09:49 PM
The Boxtrolls, I expected more about this movie but the result was a bit disappointing. The first half of the movie is quite boring, even tough the ending is nice.

KanuTGL
October 19th, 2014, 10:05 PM
The Croods. It's such a great little movie, I'm disappointed that it didn't get more attention when it was released!

Safila
November 4th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Love Rosy.

Leorgathar
November 8th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Interstellar

I will just say, it was absolutely brilliant. Loved it!
I wish I could have seen in on IMAX. So if you can, please do so

Kirauni
November 19th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Maleficient - A friend lend me her copy and we watched it together with some friends. Although I only saw the first half of the movie (my daughter wouldn't let me finish it :sarabilove:) I enjoyed it. Perhaps I'll be able to finish it soon because my friend got me the 3D version for my birthday. Yay!

ThiagoPE
November 20th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Happy feet, it really surprised me, as I thought it was just a silly musical movie, but it are much more than that, being one of the movies I most enjoyed watching recently.

Konga
December 5th, 2014, 04:02 PM
This romantic movie on Netflix called "Safe Haven."

It's another one of those Nicholas Sparks inspired films, but quite a bit cheesier and less serious than "The Notebook." While it wasn't the greatest in my opinion, I still enjoyed it's plotholes, and especially the bizarro twist that occurs in the end. It's definitely a "8O" moment.

ThiagoPE
December 12th, 2014, 01:32 AM
I watched the paddington bear movie, and even tough not being na amazing mnvie, both in history/animation, i think it Worth watching as the few gags are great and also paddington is too cute, so you love for him is imediate.

Safila
December 13th, 2014, 02:02 AM
Milo and Otis :smile3:

HasiraKali
December 13th, 2014, 02:35 AM
Big Hero 6

nathalie
December 13th, 2014, 03:35 AM
The Help.

I was quite dissapointed. I expected so much more from it, especially after the book came out.
The stories were nice, but in the end, a bit boring.
(apart from the fact, that once again we got to see how certain people treat others)

Safila
January 3rd, 2015, 12:28 AM
Emperor's New Groove

KanuTGL
January 3rd, 2015, 12:57 PM
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

I will never, ever tire of these films :P

nathalie
January 3rd, 2015, 01:40 PM
The sword in the stone.

Dutch version was on TV.

Kirauni
January 3rd, 2015, 02:33 PM
Mockingjay Part 1 - Can't wait for the final movie in November!

HasiraKali
January 4th, 2015, 05:10 AM
Into the Woods. It was actually a pretty good adaptation of the stage show. They cut one of my favorite scenes though. Maybe it'll be on the extras. ;)

s-tlk
January 4th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Finally managed to watch The Hobbit 3. It was the weakest of the trilogy despite the thunder storm of CGI effects, but entertaining. Still, I get not used to HFR, it seems unnatural to me.

Kossu
January 4th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Harry Potter and the Half-blood prince...I started a HP marathon while my friend was with me for the Christmas holiday...Two more movies left.;)

Leorgathar
January 5th, 2015, 02:44 AM
Peter Pan (The animated one :P)

It's been so long since I had last seen it that it was like watching it for the first time. I enjoyed it :)

Dare
January 9th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Maleficent

I don't know how I feel about this movie. I did enjoy it, I guess.
I feel kinda bad for Princess/Queen Leila, though.

I mean, first her father uses her (and her status as royalty, which is pretty much all anyone cares about) as a prize for whoever avenges him, so she ends up being married to Sir Stefan the <insert colorful expletive here>.
Whether she knows or eventually finds out that he's a <insert colorful expletive here> is unknown, but still...

Then, her baby gets cursed (right in front her her too) because of something her <insert colorful expletive here> husband did.

Then, she gets sick and dies...and her <insert colorful expletive here> husband is so busy obsessing over his ex-girlfriend that he can't be bothered to visit her or grieve.

So...yay that things turn out ok for Maleficent and the <insert colorful expletive here> got what was coming to him...but ye gods, that poor queen.
She got screwed. Royally.

No pun intended.

nathalie
January 9th, 2015, 05:00 PM
I hadn't really thought about it like you did, haha.
What striked me the most was, and what I thought was most beautiful, that the meaning of "true love's kiss" doesn't always have to be because of the love between a man and a woman in these fairytales. It gave it a whole new meaning, which I really liked.

I saw it at the movies, and had no clue what to expect, as I hadn't seen any trailers or read about it, and I was pleasently surprised.

nathalie
February 3rd, 2015, 07:48 PM
We bought a zoo.

When it first came out, I thought it would be something like Zookeeper, which I though was so lame and regretting buying straight on DVD, lol.

I knew nothing about it really, and I'm not much of a Matt Damon fan, but this movie was really lovely to watch.
Sure, predictable I guess, but it had humor, emotion, not so much you wanted to cry, no saggy love business, great movie for a night on the sofa with a hot chocolat, and to just have a nice evening, hehe.

s-tlk
February 3rd, 2015, 08:06 PM
Funny you mentioned this now. I bought this some time ago, but never had the opportunity (and motivation) as like many other movies to watch it. But I put it now more on top of the "to watch" stack. ;-)

Kirauni
February 3rd, 2015, 08:26 PM
Yes, it's really a heart-warming movie. I watched it on TV a few months ago :)

The last movie I watched was The Penguins of Madagascar with s-tlk. Really weird but so cute!

ThiagoPE
February 5th, 2015, 01:14 AM
The last movie I watched was The Penguins of Madagascar with s-tlk. Really weird but so cute!

This was also my last watched movie and I really thought it a weird movie, some parts of the plot are just bizarre. There is some fun, but I really expected more from this movie...

Next

s-tlk
February 8th, 2015, 07:35 PM
The movie was a typical cut-out-popular-characters from another movie. It was very similar to "Puss in Boots".

I finally now managed to watch "We bought a Zoo" and I was very surprised. It's good for some Sunday evening entertainment and exceeds my expectation, which was very low though. But these are usually good movies.

KanuTGL
February 9th, 2015, 12:05 AM
The Imitation Game.

Brilliant film.

HasiraKali
February 11th, 2015, 01:57 AM
101 Dalmatians

Just as great as I remembered.

nathalie
February 15th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Meet the Robinsons

I had read very bad reviews about it, and had it on my HD for a few years now, but only watched it the first time last night.
No idea what it was about.

I really liked it!
The villain, is not worthy of being a villain, but I did love him, as he was the comical note in the movie aswell.

So many pieces fall into place when you watch it, I kept going like "ooh, that's why ...."

Safila
February 19th, 2015, 12:10 PM
The Theory of Everything.

Keir
February 23rd, 2015, 02:36 AM
Dumb and Dumber to

I want 2 hours of my life back.

ThiagoPE
February 23rd, 2015, 10:04 PM
101 Dalmatians

Just as great as I remembered.
If you watched it in the bluray, could you tell me if it has the Portuguese dub?

ThiagoPE
February 23rd, 2015, 10:06 PM
Troy...
I know that it is a historic tale but ... I really don't felt well after the movie ending in seeing so many people being killed and burnt...

Guntur
March 19th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Honestly? I just finished watching The Lion King on Disney Channel, I laughed this little kids enjoyed the movie so much. :lol: :evilgrin:

HasiraKali
March 20th, 2015, 12:41 AM
Cinderella. It was glorious. Much better than Maleficent.

Leorgathar
March 22nd, 2015, 09:27 AM
Song of the Sea.

I finally got to watch it, and... wow, just wow :cs_love: This has to be one of the best animated movies I've seen in years, I loved every bit of it!
It's such a pity these kind of movies aren't in bigger consideration at the Oscars, I understand Big Hero 6 is a good movie, but... did the voters even watch this one? Maybe it would've won if the exact same story had been done by Pixar... and in 3D ><

Please do yourself a favor and watch it, I highly recommend it :)

KanuTGL
March 22nd, 2015, 11:11 AM
Last movie I watched was... Pride (the 2014 film, not the one with the talking lions :P), I think. I love it sooo much <3

I really, really want to see Song of the Sea soon.

Also, slightly off-topic I suppose, but in connection to Leor's comment above - after reading The Hollywood Reporter's "Brutally Honest Oscar Ballots" series, I have lost all respect for the Academy Awards. Especially the comments regarding the awards for animation make me absolutely furious. I always thought somehow that "the Academy" were professionals who would cast votes after fair and careful consideration, but what seems to be really going on behind the scenes of the Oscars is nothing I want to support or can have the slightest respect for. It's well and truly ridiculous and a film receiving an Academy Award doesn't say much about its quality or content to me now >_> [/rage]

nathalie
March 22nd, 2015, 03:38 PM
It's like Eurovision, kind of.

Saw Big Stan last night, for the 100 time or so, they show it like, twice a year on TV.
Still, a good laugh, lol.

Kirauni
March 24th, 2015, 08:49 AM
At the cinema, I also watched Cinderella. It was quite entertaining and I liked it even more than the old animated version. I can't really compare it to Maleficient though. I've seen both, but I think each movie has another idea behind it. I liked both, but I think I could more relate to Cinderella.

And I think I'll see Song of the Sea someday. I've heard so many good things and I got curious.

Oh and yeah... I've watched Episode 4-7 (SE) with a friend about a week ago at home. She has never seen a Star Wars movie before and so we just had to do that ;)

Leorgathar
March 30th, 2015, 08:54 AM
And now I watched The Tale of Princess Kaguya

It's a really beautiful movie, I really liked the charcoal sketch and watercolor artstyle, and the story is quite good too. It was another great contender for best animated film (although between this one and Song of the Sea, I still prefer the latter :cs_grin: )

And yes, I also read about the kind of criteria they have towards the nominees at the Academy Awards, and I agree with Kanu. They've lost any respect I once had for them. I wasn't joking when I wondered if they even watched Song of the Sea, some of the voters really have admitted they don't see the films and just go for how it looks like for them. Ridiculous indeed :naladisappointed:

Safila
March 31st, 2015, 07:33 AM
Cinderella <3

nathalie
March 31st, 2015, 09:32 AM
I'm having a Modern Family marathon right now, I got all first 4 seasons on DVD.

One of the last movies I watched was Mirror Mirror.
I really liked it. They did a good job with the story.

The Bollywood song in the end ... hated it.

ThiagoPE
March 31st, 2015, 06:28 PM
Cinderella, I really thought the movie would bring much new things with the tale we knew from the animated version (like they done with maleficent) but they preferred in most of the movie keep what we already knew, this disappointed me a little.

KanuTGL
April 1st, 2015, 11:49 AM
Bambi II :'D

I didn't like it as much as I remembered, but it's still a cute film and for a Disney sequel it really holds a high standard. Lots of pretty art!

Sadiki
April 2nd, 2015, 04:37 PM
I been watching a lot of movies this week as Audra is visiting her mom during the spring break.

The movies I watched this week are:
- Patriot games
- Tears of the sun
- November man
- RoboCop ( 2014 )
- Jack Ryan : shadow recruit

On top of that I watched last 3 episodes of Gotham.

s-tlk
April 2nd, 2015, 08:35 PM
The last movie I watched was "Paddington", the bear named after the train station in London. Although the movie was not blessed with an amazing story (it reminds me very much of Tarzan), but the animation was very nice and the bear has no similarities to this other obnoxious annoying furball from the Disney company. ;-)
But many parts of the movie (despite the talking bear) were illogical, for instance that a bear in London at a train station wouldn't sit there completely unnoticed by everyone. Maybe you need to consider him as a symbol for refugees.

Nevertheless, when you have time it is still worth watching and to see many familiar places in London. ^^

Dare
April 3rd, 2015, 03:09 AM
Just got done with Big Hero 6...finally.
I do not understand how this movie won an Oscar.

nathalie
April 3rd, 2015, 06:54 PM
The last movie I watched was "Paddington", the bear named after the train station in London. Although the movie was not blessed with an amazing story (it reminds me very much of Tarzan), but the animation was very nice and the bear has no similarities to this other obnoxious annoying furball from the Disney company. ;-)
But many parts of the movie (despite the talking bear) were illogical, for instance that a bear in London at a train station wouldn't sit there completely unnoticed by everyone. Maybe you need to consider him as a symbol for refugees.

Nevertheless, when you have time it is still worth watching and to see many familiar places in London. ^^

If you haven't seen Ted then already, I advise you to not watch it, haha!

Apperently in that movie it's also very normal for a, let's be honest, humping swearing Bear to be real for everyone.

Leorgathar
April 6th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Monty Python's Life of Brian

....Hillarious! :lol:

Kirauni
April 6th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Haha, so you really did watch the movie on Easter? ;)

At first, my husband and I wanted to watch "Black Sheep" yesterday (not really an Easter movie, huh?).
However, we encountered some technical difficulties, because our BD-Player sucks and so we had to change plans :P

Instead, we watched another "trash movie"; a very old Polish one and rather a comedy for adults, I'd say.
Two men volunteered to serve science by trying out a kind of "hibernating device". Origininally, they should wake up three years later in the year 1994. Instead, they slept until around 2044. To their surprise all men were gone and only women were left.
Sounds like a paradise for some men, but unfortunately for the two protagonists, not in this movie :lol:
So yeah... it was really strange in some parts but we had some good laughs.

nathalie
April 6th, 2015, 08:11 AM
omg, Black Sheep, if that's the one I think it is, then NO, don't watch it on Easter :lol:

Leorgathar
April 15th, 2015, 06:23 PM
The Imitation Game

I finally watched it. It's really, really good. I loved it! :)

nathalie
April 15th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Peter Pan

I was looking for the 2-disc edition for quite some time now, it's an old release, the latest one is only 1 disc, and luckily found it for a very cheap price, and it's as good as new.

So watched it last night. I hadn't seen this movie in like 20 years, lol (I did see Back to Neverland 2 weeks ago, I own that one since it came out).

Each time I go to Disneyland and do the ride, it makes me feel like watching the movie, but since I didn't have it, lol.
After last night, I remembered why I didn't have it, I didn't like it that much :lol:
But oh well, it was a great price, 2-disc, so loads of extra's, and I needed to complete the collection anyways :p

ThiagoPE
April 15th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Home, I really expected more from this, but it a nice movie to watch, with na amazing soundtrack.

Azerane
April 21st, 2015, 11:03 AM
Interstellar. I had no idea what to expect from this, as I hadn't seen the preview since it was released or read any reviews. So I went into it completely blind. Must say that I absolutely loved it. It felt intense the whole way through, it's a really long movie, but it didn't feel long. The ending was a little odd but really the only complaint I have. There's probably a little nit-picky things regarding space and gravity etc etc you could pull apart, but that's no fun. To be honest while the movie probably stands alone well, I personally thought it was the score that really made it exactly what it was. Hans Zimmer has composed an amazing score, building and building up to crucial moments, it really tied so well with the film, so much more than many movies do. The film and score combined are really amazing, gave me goosebumps and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through.

Bambi II :'D

I didn't like it as much as I remembered, but it's still a cute film and for a Disney sequel it really holds a high standard. Lots of pretty art!

I quite liked Bambi II as well, it does have some very beautiful scenes, and since the Great Prince was always my favourite character from the original, I loved that they went back and explored him more. It's been a long time since I watched, so I might have to do so again :)

s-tlk
April 29th, 2015, 08:47 PM
I recently watched Avengers - Age of Ultron. It was a good movie with the right balance between fun and action. The last part dominated of course, but it was still very entertaining to see the special effect firework. From the story point of view I had other expectations like a more central and superior role in the bad guy "Ultron". The bad guys from the last movie (forget the name of this alien race) seems more threating. I think the movie will continue the line of high-grossing Marvel adaptions. :-)

ThiagoPE
April 30th, 2015, 09:32 AM
The last movie I saw was also avengers-ultron and my opinion is the same as s-tlk.

HasiraKali
May 1st, 2015, 03:45 AM
Age of Ultron here too. I loved the little nods to upcoming projects. I thought I was going to have a fit when they were talking about what Ultron was after and where it was from. :lol:

Azerane
May 21st, 2015, 09:09 AM
In preparation for the upcoming new movie I recently watched Jurassic Park 1-3 :D So excited for Jurassic World.

nathalie
May 21st, 2015, 10:22 AM
I can't believe James Spader was Ultron's voice, love <3 lol

I watched "I love you Phillipe Morris" this morning.
Had taped this soooo long ago. I really like watching movies based on true stories.
Can't help while watching the movie, going on wikipedia and read everything about the real life situations.

I guess Steven was like Frank Abigail (Catch me if you can).
But Steven seemed to be less of a genius then Frank, 'cause he got caught every single time.

ThiagoPE
May 27th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Im enjoying what a local cinema of here is doing that is showing classical movies in the big screen! (i don´t know there where you live, but here you never have a way to watch old movies in cinemas, so, this idea of reprising movies, including Disney ones*, were very well acepted here).

I watched terminator 2 (for the frist time) there, amazing movie.

*Im waiting for TLK there

nathalie
May 29th, 2015, 05:19 AM
I saw The Avengers age of Ultron again last night, but with Kenny this time.

As we had still free tickets lying around which would expire Sunday, and that was the only decent movie playing at a certain time.

It was a lot better the 2nd time around, lol.

Love James Spader as Ultron.

Leorgathar
June 18th, 2015, 06:01 AM
I finally saw Jurassic World.

At first I was skeptical, I didn't like how it looked in the trailers to be honest, and I would certainly like it if the Jurassic Park franchise was more scientifically accurate (or at least generate real science debates, like in the first movie) but overlooking all that, I really enjoyed the movie, it was so friggin' awesome! :D I quite recommend it.

On a side note, someone had mistakenly told me that Chris Pratt's character was Tim, the kid from the first JP all grown up. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't true because come on, look at them, Tim does resemble a mini-Chris Pratt! how could they miss that opportunity!? :p

cleargreenwater
June 18th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Jurassic Park is apparently my emotional kryptonite. There was NO REASON for me to weep and cry at this movie at the parts that threw back to the old one like I did. So, it's Jurassic World now. ....I wish I knew if I could talk about it and not spoil anything!

It looked like typical CGI, IDK, I find it a little difficult to see and focus on in action scenes. I love that they went back to the original idea and made it like it all really happened. I want to see it again just to take in the park. I want to see it again just because it woke up the fangirl.

Proud to be a Larry, I was in my vintage shirt xD

Dare
July 9th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Just saw Jurassic World (FINALLY!) yesterday.

I think I actually prefer the special effects of the first movie to this one, but I’ll have to go back and screen Jurassic Park again to be sure.

I definitely like the pacing of the first movie better as well - more suspense, more tension as folks are being hunted and slowly picked off 1 by 1.
Jurassic World is more like a Murphy's law chaos smorgasbord.

Is it wrong that by 1/2 through the movie, I was actively rooting for the dinosaurs?
:evilgrin:

I found the majority of human characters to be intolerably stupid and found it difficult to care about them or their fates - they are Darwin Award candidates, for sure. I honestly can’t even remember their names...I remember the raptor names though. ^__^

You're running from a T-Rex. Take off your heels.
-_-

But on the other hand - OMGYAY DINOSAURS!
Not enough Dilophosaurus though. Also, I want a pet baby Triceratops.

nathalie
July 9th, 2015, 03:31 PM
The librarian.
Love Noah Wyle ever his first appearance on ER <3

The movie was really good, taking it was just something very light and silly to watch, lol, though, Noah's acting was really good!

The special effects, oh my God, sooooo lame !! therefor, if you wanna watch something light, watch it :p

Opera Ghost
July 9th, 2015, 08:29 PM
I've just watched Twilight: New Moon

cleargreenwater
July 10th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Re: Jurassic World.....yeah, I have no idea how they're going to do a decent sequel because I honestly give not a crap about these new characters. It took me three weeks after the movie to realize Chris Pratt's character actually has a name even. And the plotting/pace was kind of like a kid with action figures, like, this happens! And then this happens too! And then that crashes! And what they were trying to say or do with each plot device never really sank in.

I don't know how a second film will do without the nostalgia/nods to the first one giving it power. I mean, dinosaurs, and I'm sure it will be fun enough, but I feel like they milked it all in this one, lol.

Unless Lex shows up. I have a dream sequel in which she's working as a hacker for the CIA and intercepts chatter about the embryos Wu took and has to save the day. Or at least make an appearance.

ThiagoPE
July 25th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Ant man and pixels, both are not amazing movies but they are fun enough to worth the going to cinema :D

nathalie
August 2nd, 2015, 03:50 PM
How to train your dragon 2

I'm not impressed at all.
Can't keep focussing on it, doesn't speak to me like the first one did.

Safila
August 12th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Trainwreck.

nathalie
August 16th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Life of Pi

OMG, really? Really??? -_-

The most stupidest & most boring movie I have ever seen.
I couldn't even bring myself to watch it completely, I don't think it would have gotten any better towards the ending.

Azerane
August 26th, 2015, 06:16 AM
MI4, actually really enjoyed it, was a lot of fun and kept you guessing the whole way through.

Lion King Stu
August 27th, 2015, 07:59 AM
The Usual Suspects, haven't watched that film in ages and I do very much enjoy it! The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convinving the world he didn't exisit, and like that...he's gone! :3

Leorgathar
September 1st, 2015, 06:47 AM
The Hunchback of Notre Dame

It's been ages since I last saw it, and I don't remember having seen it in English before. It was like watching it for the first time all over again. Loved it! :cs_love:

nathalie
September 1st, 2015, 02:39 PM
I started watching Old Dogs Sunday evening, and after 20 minutes I was like: oh, I still have that JK Rowling story taped too, and I ended up watching that.

nathalie
September 10th, 2015, 12:26 PM
The Hobbit.

Not sure. The 2 songs in the beginning, lol.
Then the hedgehog scene, made me think they were going to talk, lol.

I like Lord of the Rings just enough to tolerate it, but this one... Nah, probably won't see the next 2.
Will read it online, just to know what happens, haha.

Kirauni
September 10th, 2015, 12:50 PM
When I first saw "The Hobbit" I thought the same, Nathalie. Then a few years later somebody gave me the third part as a present. So I had to watch part 2 and 3 as well ;)
About week ago my husband and I finally watched part 1, 2 and 3. The movies are okay, if you don't stick to the book that much. It's funny that Legolas actually looks older and more mature than in the "Lord of the Rings" which takes place after the Hobbit :D

So yeah... the last movie I watched probably was The Hobbit 3... I think XD

s-tlk
September 10th, 2015, 02:40 PM
The Hobbit is a typical example of what happens when you try to get three movies out of book with 300 pages. In the end it was a battle of special effects within a nice setting.

Yesterday I watched "National Treasure: Book of Secrets". When you like India Jones with Nicolas Cage it's probably something for you. At least I found it very entertaining.

nathalie
September 10th, 2015, 03:25 PM
I loooooooooove National Treasure, hehe.

I haven't read a book in my entire life! No, that's a lie, I've read 1 ... a childrens book, haha. (Charmed Life)
So for every movie out there, I have no idea what the books are like (I have Harry Potter on my laptop though, I *should* read them).

At some point also rabbits appear, and with the hedgehogs a bit earlier, I felt I was watching bits and pieces of Narnia.

ThiagoPE
September 10th, 2015, 08:06 PM
The last movie i saw was Jupiter Ascending. Being from the Wachowski s (same creators of matrix) there is a lot of things you don't see in most movies, and is that innovation that I like. Good movie

nathalie
October 8th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Men in Black III

I think it's one of the best sequels ever made!
The other guy playing K in the past does an amazing job on being Tommy Lee Jones (who I love!!).
Everything add ups, the story is extremely well done, also with J in the end.

It's got jokes, and I even cried near the end, haha

Leorgathar
October 9th, 2015, 07:12 AM
The Martian

I really enjoyed it, despite a few mistakes, it is the love letter to science they say it is, and Matt Damon's acting is terrific. I recommend it :)

But as it is usual with movies based on books, the book is far superior. They left out some really good scenes that explain a couple of plot holes (and some really good jokes too, the book's humour is hillarious!)

Just two non-spoilery things I nitpicked about:

-The character Vincent Kapoor, the Director of the Mars Mission, is called Venkat in the book, not Vincent. Also, he's not black, but Indian. Come on, was that change really necessary? Is it not that believable a man with Indian ethnicity could have a position like that? Seriously, what year is it? ><

-And secondly... they changed the movie's title in Mexico to just 'Rescue Mission'. Oh come on! Really!? REALLY!? -_-

Kopa
October 9th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Time Lapse

Does anyone remember that Goosebumps book "Say Cheese and Die" ? This movie is kind of like that, but the camera doesn't take pictures of death or horrible things all the time. It's about a camera that takes pictures 24 hours into the future. It's definitely a pretty good movie. It was not what I was expecting. I personally liked it! It's on Netflix if anyone is interested in checking it out. ;)

s-tlk
October 17th, 2015, 06:48 PM
It is not actually a movie, although it was 1.5 hour long, but I finally got over myself and watched the last episode of "Lost". Took me almost six years to watch the last two seasons. The end is very strange, but the concept of the whole series was to leave a lot of unanswered questions, so it remains true to itself. xD

nathalie
October 17th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Ugh, I hate something like that, spent so many years watching a series, and then in the end you still don't know? Terrible ...

Watching The Croods. It's OK, has some funny bits.
Beginning reminded me of Little Mermaid, girl wants to explore new things, daddy is against it, etc ...

Safila
November 3rd, 2015, 07:08 AM
Oliver. (Disney)

Leorgathar
December 8th, 2015, 06:04 AM
The Little Prince

I was a bit skeptical about this one, looking at the trailers and seeing that it's pretty much a "story within a story" is a little eyebrow-lifting. But after watching it, I found it truly beautiful and heartwarming, I totally loved it! :kionwow:

The way they fit in the whole story of The Little Prince while we see how it affects in a little girl's life (controlled by her mother) worked really well, it's actually more like an expansion to the original tale, in a way. The animation in the girl's story looks ok, but it's the parts where we see The Little Prince where it really shines, done in beautiful stop-motion animation. I wish there were more scenes like those in the movie, they were fantastic.

I love it when I see a non-Disney/Pixar animated movie being this good. I'm sure Inside Out will take all of the awards with good reason, but this one is a really good contender, I do recommend it :)

Leorgathar
December 17th, 2015, 10:19 AM
And now I just saw Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

I won't spoil any single detail about it, but I just had the best nerdgasm of my entire life :simbabiggrin:

Guntur
December 17th, 2015, 06:47 PM
^ This

I have decided to buy the blu-ray Special Edition for the movie, It's not that I'm not comfortable watching on cinema but I rather have my own peace of mind at home watching it on 4k.

Azerane
December 22nd, 2015, 08:57 AM
Star Wars, The Force Awakens :D It was pretty awesome. My high hopes were not dashed :)

Kasei
December 25th, 2015, 05:47 PM
The Good Dinosaur. I actually thought it was pretty cute and not terrible, I think it's just been a bit outshined by Star Wars. I liked the human character a LOT more than I thought I would, he was pretty adorable. x)

Azerane
December 25th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Ooh, how exciting, I'm looking forward to seeing it, probably on Tuesday :D

nathalie
December 25th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Lion King!
For the first time ever I've seen it broadcasted on TV.

Azerane
December 26th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Brave. I couldn't sleep and it was on Netflix :p

KanuTGL
December 27th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Coco avant Chanel. It was on the TV and I got hooked :p Very nice, well-made film.

Kasei
December 28th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Conspiracy Theory. My dad had it on last night, kind of crazy but not terrible. Your typical suspense/thriller figure it out type movie.

HasiraKali
December 29th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Dracula (1931)

Azerane
December 29th, 2015, 10:41 AM
The Good Dinosaur. I'm not sure what to say about it really, I mean I enjoyed it but it definitely wasn't what I expected, haha. There was a moment or two that were really weird, and some things that I just didn't expect for a Disney movie these days, haha, but I really liked both the main characters. I thought Arlo (or however it's spelled) had pretty good character development. Not to mention that the landscapes were to die for. Some of them looked so much like actual footage as opposed to animation.

KanuTGL
December 29th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, at laaaast! :D And it was fantastic. I'm still - several hours later - in a really good mood because I enjoyed the film so much, haha. They sure met every expectation and more!

I'm also really surprised that I managed to go this long without seeing it and not stumble upon a single spoiler. Well done, internet :P

Leorgathar
December 31st, 2015, 06:08 AM
Shaun the Sheep Movie

Aardman Animations did it again, it's so friggin' hillarious! :lol: I loved it!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens, at laaaast! :D And it was fantastic. I'm still - several hours later - in a really good mood because I enjoyed the film so much, haha. They sure met every expectation and more!

I'm also really surprised that I managed to go this long without seeing it and not stumble upon a single spoiler. Well done, internet :P

That's amazing you dodged all the spoilers, it's a movie very easy to spoil with just a few words xD Glad you enjoyed it.

Azerane
April 30th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Just finished watching E.T. The Extra Terrestrial. I hadn't seen this movie since I was about 10 years old and given that it recently popped up on Netflix I decided that it had probably earned another viewing from me. I just want to say that the special effects from 1982 were really bad :lol: Overall an ok movie, but very long and drawn out.

nathalie
April 30th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Men in Black 3.
These movies are one of my favorites! And this 3rd one, they've done it so well.
The younger version of K is just an amazing actor, everything fits when they go back into time.
That's how sequels should be <3

Kasei
April 30th, 2016, 04:48 PM
The Hunchback of Notre Dame. <3 Love that movie, it's so beautiful in so many ways. Also has some of the coolest songs in Disney history, in my opinion. I watched the songs in french and spanish as well just to enoy them even more. x)

Leorgathar
May 15th, 2016, 01:19 AM
The Lion King in 3D, at the movie theater! :simbabiggrin:

They put it on one theater only today, it's the second time I see it in 3D and it still impresses me, it's very well achieved.
There was one particular kid sitting in front of me who was having a blast with it, I could see he was really enjoying it, and I recall he said "did he die?" very concerned right after Scar pushed Mufasa from the cliff and before seeing his body (awww!) but he also laughed at all the jokes and overall seemed to love it to the end.

I don't know, I guess I had never really seen anyone watching TLK for the first time before, especially a kid that excited and about the same age I was when I saw it back in '94... It made me smile :)

HasiraKali
May 15th, 2016, 03:32 AM
Minions

Nalas
May 17th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Back To The Future

It was on TV the other day, so I decided to watch it again, even though I watched it a few weeks ago. :lol:

Azerane
May 20th, 2016, 08:59 AM
The Jungle Book, the new version. Quite enjoyed it. Some of the animation was a bit stiff but I enjoyed it visually otherwise, not as close to the book as I would have liked, but still a fun movie.

nathalie
May 20th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Gonna see Captain America 3 tonight.

#team Iron Man! Hehe

Guntur
May 20th, 2016, 12:40 PM
^ Wanna start a debate on the motive of the storyline Civil War? :cheese: :D

Opera Ghost
May 20th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Silent Hill: Revelation

nathalie
May 20th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Omg, I loved it!!!!!!

The fight scene between Tony and Steve was so intense! I got chills!

Felt it wasn't a Captain America movie though.
Could have qualified for an Avengers one.

s-tlk
May 20th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Yes, I also thought it was very good. Who is better fighting the Avengers, than the Avengers itself? I really like that there was no clear "bad guy" this time, although I think the director is more in favor of Capt. America's team. But it was not a typical Marvel movie at all which made it even much more enjoyable.

nathalie
May 22nd, 2016, 08:37 AM
Saw Ant Man last night.
It had some hilarious bits in it, haha, the train-scene was just friggin' hilarious, haha :lol:

The bits with Cross were a bit boring I thought, all the rest was great.

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2016, 11:13 PM
Last movie I watched was Minions. Was pretty cute. I liked the ending.

nathalie
May 28th, 2016, 05:34 AM
Captain America Civial War - AGAIN, haha! Twice in not 1 week.
Was in town with a friend, he hadn't seen it yet, so were like: movies ??? Hell yeah! I'll see it again :p

It was just us for the movie, haha, private screening, lol.

Leorgathar
June 4th, 2016, 04:29 AM
The Angry Birds Movie

First of all, it's a huge piece of crap that I don't recommend to anyone, still I watched it because I had heard some rumors about it, but I couldn't be sure until I saw it for myself.
It may be unintentional, but this movie is kind of an allegory of 9/11 and the Syrian refugee situation. The pigs are portrayed as immigrants to the birds island, and they're all very welcomed by the peaceful birds, except for Red, a bird with anger issues that nobody likes and is suspicious for the pigs. Then one night, while the birds are distracted in a party, the pigs destroy their homes and steal their eggs. The birds ultimately turn to the Red for help because he's the one who was "right all along", so he encourages them to get angry to attack the pigs back and get their eggs back.
It basically promotes anger and hate to one whole race to solve conflicts, and it's all very one-sided.

Like I said, it may be unintentional, but it somehow feels like the total opposite of the message in Zootopia. This is the anti-Zootopia :yuck:
It might be just my adult mind overthinkinga movie for kids, though, but I still find the Trump-like ideals there kinda disturbing ><

nathalie
June 4th, 2016, 06:55 AM
I saw The Intern last night.
I thought it was a great movie, showing how "older" people can work together with young people, and still do a good job at it (obviously ... because the youngesters wouldn't think so in this day and age).
Also the story about the strong career woman and having a family.

Nice movie ^^

Azerane
June 12th, 2016, 11:08 AM
After Earth, it was on TV last night so figured why not watch it. We saw it in theaters when it came out but thought watching it again couldn't hurt. It's certainly not a great movie, but has some good moments. I always tear up in one particular part.

nathalie
June 12th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Zootopia.

It was a good movie. It wasn't as great as everyone told me it would be though. Maybe they raised my expectations, and they didn't get met.
But overall, nice characters, good story.

Azerane
June 13th, 2016, 08:09 AM
That's a shame, I really enjoyed Zootopia a whole lot. In fact I think it comes out on DVD etc this week so I'll have to give it another watch :D

Kasei
June 16th, 2016, 12:03 AM
Pulp Fiction.

...0____0

So scarred.

HasiraKali
June 16th, 2016, 12:22 AM
We're Back. It's not really as I remembered it...

nathalie
June 20th, 2016, 08:29 PM
I love We're Back, the song he sings, hehe.

Watching "Vacation" now, with Christina Applegate, I kind of like her in movies/series (specially Samantha Who).

I only knew it was about Rusty Griswold, when he is looking back on family vacations at the beginning of the movie, lol.
The movie is about him wanting to do something else as a vacation with his own family, and so ... he takes them to Wally World!

Azerane
June 21st, 2016, 11:04 AM
Finding Dory :D I loved it! Talk about an emotional roller coaster. They did a spectacular job of tying it in with the first movie too. Go see it!

Zomok
July 1st, 2016, 12:17 AM
The Visit - weird and creepy but not that scary, I probably laughed more than anything.

Tv program - Game of Thrones season 6. Best show ever!

nathalie
July 1st, 2016, 04:24 AM
Kingsman

The ending was hilarious, haha

Azerane
July 2nd, 2016, 04:19 AM
Kingsman

The ending was hilarious, haha

Kingsman was crazy, not what I expected at all but it was so great :D

nathalie
July 2nd, 2016, 07:42 AM
There's gonna be a second one, haha.
I already kind of knew what it was about, so it didn't really surprise me anymore, but towards the ending, that was good, haha, and some good actors in it aswell.

But Colin Firth has always been one of my faves, haha :p

ThiagoPE
July 2nd, 2016, 04:21 PM
I watched Warcraft, and it really surprised me, because being a movie based in a videogame, you always go with the misconception that the movie is not so good, but this is quite different from that.
First, I want to let you know that I'm not a Warcraft player, so i didn't knew nothing about its history. The movie is so good that i can only recall it by huge blockbusters like Lord of the rings, or chronicles of Narnia, etc...

Until now, is the best movie of the year I saw.

Enviado de meu LG-D337 usando Tapatalk

Dare
July 3rd, 2016, 10:15 PM
Suffragette

I've always been interested in the history of women's suffrage outside of the USA, so I enjoyed this film.
It will never cease to blow my mind about the amount of @#$@#% various groups have had to go through in order to attain equality (at least on paper)...and how far we still have go (in practice).

...but that's another rant for another time.
;)

nathalie
July 11th, 2016, 06:57 PM
We went to see Central Intelligence at the movies last week.
I actually like Dwayne Johnson, he's got that loveable smile and yet he's good at action, hehe.

Had some good jokes. And some guy from Breaking Bad with his catchphrase.
The entire room got the joke, apart from me ... -_- lolz!

Zomok
July 11th, 2016, 11:17 PM
Absolutely fabulous movie x) and this Friday Ghostbusters as the theme tune is catchy...

HasiraKali
July 11th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Queen of the Damned... was craving some campy vampire goodness.

Opera Ghost
July 12th, 2016, 09:43 PM
The Purge 2. Didn't like it. Had to switch off after about 45mins.

Zomok
July 12th, 2016, 10:07 PM
Vacation - surprisingly funny.

Dare
July 19th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Gods of Egypt

...the whole movie...I can't even...
:confused:

"IT'S LETTUCE!"

Opera Ghost
July 21st, 2016, 08:41 AM
Mean Girls 2 :blah:

Zomok
July 21st, 2016, 09:01 AM
Bad Teacher

Opera Ghost
July 24th, 2016, 09:49 PM
X-Men: Apocalypse <3

Zomok
July 27th, 2016, 01:12 AM
Alice in Wonderland, cartoon version.

nathalie
July 27th, 2016, 07:47 AM
I saw a few!

- Goosebumps: very nice movie! I've never read any of the books, but I feel I should now, lol. Very well put together, even though I hate Jack Black.

- Inside out: they portrayed sadness/depression quite well, overall good movie, funny bits.

- Hotel Transsylvania 2: love it, untill the end. The end was too much, for a 5-year old to do all *that* haha!

Azerane
July 27th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Star Trek Beyond. Really enjoyed it, lots of fun :)

Nalas
July 29th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Back To The Future Part II

I watched the first one while I was living in Walt Disney World, and I wanted to continue the series. Fun movie; looking forward to watching the final one. It was funny while I was at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios, they had a replica of the Dolorean (????? that time-machine car) in some random spot, and people were taking photos of it..... Course, I had NO idea what it was at the time. :lol:

nathalie
July 29th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Omg Ashley! You missed out on so much all these years, haha.
Especially last year October, when they actually went to the future, haha

Nalas
July 30th, 2016, 06:03 AM
^Actually, Nathalie, the day I went to Halloween Horror Nights *in Orlando*, was the night they went to the future..... At least the Delorean made it. :lol:

Star Wars: A New Hope

It was storming earlier, so I decided to watch a long movie to keep me distracted. It's a VHS from Blockbuster apparently (and I've had it for years). :lol:

nathalie
August 2nd, 2016, 12:29 PM
Vacation - surprisingly funny.

Who knew another Griswald movie were to be made ...
I saw it, it was nice, but not all that funny in my opinion.

- Into the woods: too much singing ... way too much singing.

Zomok
August 3rd, 2016, 07:48 AM
Felidae

A cute little animated film. Very satisfying.

nathalie
August 6th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Now you see me.

I love it when movies have a good plot-twist, very curious to see the 2nd one now!

Opera Ghost
August 9th, 2016, 03:22 PM
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

XoX
August 10th, 2016, 11:28 PM
Hannah Montana: the movie

It was definitely... something... >~<
But hey, at least I can say I've watched it, I suppose :p

nathalie
August 11th, 2016, 05:19 AM
Haha, I saw that one at the movies, and when she sang The Climb in it, I felt I was at a concert and had the need to start clapping :lol:

Don't judge me ... Miley Cyrus fan since the beginning :p

XoX
August 11th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Haha, I saw that one at the movies, and when she sang The Climb in it, I felt I was at a concert and had the need to start clapping :lol:

Don't judge me ... Miley Cyrus fan since the beginning :p

Pssh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrZKSqwdX4o
This is were it's at :p

Also, I've been really wanting to watch The Secret Life of Pets!
https://movies.universalpictures.com/media/pets2main-stage-thumb-56c535bab403a-1.jpg
The issue is that I'm not super fond of movie theaters. (Being put in a dark room with extremely loud music/sound, with strangers who'll probably talk through most of the movie vs. being at home, all comfy cozy, maybe with some food [pizza!], being able to pause whenever you want/need to)
So I've been meaning to go out and watch it, but part of me just wants to go buy the bluray >p<
(But that also means spending a little more money so I don't know...)

Same goes for Sausage Party. It seemed fun(ny), although I'll definitely be watching that with other people, so it depends on what they want to do :p

Zomok
August 11th, 2016, 10:49 PM
Human centipede 3, not my choice but strangely incising

Opera Ghost
August 11th, 2016, 10:56 PM
Stonehurst Asylum

Nit
August 12th, 2016, 12:32 AM
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
A film directed by Ben Stiller, with him as a main hero... that's not bad, not bad at all.
Not only that, "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" is a beautiful movie. Just go and watch it! :D

cleargreenwater
August 12th, 2016, 11:43 AM
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
A film directed by Ben Stiller, with him as a main hero... that's not bad, not bad at all.
Not only that, "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" is a beautiful movie. Just go and watch it! :D

I forgot about this movie, I wanted to see it. Thanks for reminding me!

For myself....I have some kind of problem with watching movies. I just don't typically do it and I don't know why, the only time I really feel like voluntarily watching movies is when I'm sick, it's the weirdest thing but it's like pulling teeth to get me to commit to one. It's not the time, I can binge watch a TV show all night. It's just really rare that I sit down to a movie.

So I don't really have "last movies", I have "last TV shows I'm devouring".

Right now I'm fashionably late to and utterly obsessing over Downton Abbey.

I've also given up waiting for the DVD and am catching up on season 4 of Vikings; the show is just so over the top metal it's ridiculous but I love it.

XoX
August 16th, 2016, 07:24 PM
http://www.sausagepartymovie.com/site/assets/images/sp_og-image.png

I, uh...
I don't know.
It was a pretty good/funny movie, but it was constantly crossing this "over-the-top" line :p

And the end...
Oh god, the end :haha:

But it's still a pretty enjoyable movie regardless!
I'd recommend watching it on your own though, I went with 2 other people and it was pretty... uncomfortable >-<

nathalie
August 17th, 2016, 07:10 AM
I wanna see that one, haha!

Saw Finding Dory again at the movies, but this time with Adam.
Saw it in June already with a friend when it just came out in Belgium.
Laughed twice as hard with certain things the 2nd time, lol!

XoX
August 17th, 2016, 11:17 PM
I wanna see that one, haha!

Saw Finding Dory again at the movies, but this time with Adam.
Saw it in June already with a friend when it just came out in Belgium.
Laughed twice as hard with certain things the 2nd time, lol!

You won't regret it! :p

I might end up rewatching Finding Dory in a little while, probably in a different language too >p<

The next last movie I'll have watched will be either The Secret Life of Pets, or Zootopia.
Now to find someone to drag along and go watch the movie with :haha:

nathalie
August 18th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Popping in Lilo & Stitch in the DVD player as we speak. Has been a long time since I saw it.
Love the opening song, no idea what they are saying, but meh, I'll sing along anyways :p

nathalie
August 22nd, 2016, 04:54 PM
Monster House.

Really good movie, with an ending you wouldn't expect, which is quite rare these days.
Though, it's kind of an "old" movie these days, but I've had it on DVD ever since it came out.

Dare
September 14th, 2016, 03:57 AM
Captain America : Civil War

I realize I'm probably in the minority on this, but I was bored outta my skull.
Didn't help that I'm a big fan of the original story line from the comics, I'm sure...or maybe I'm just tired of super hero movies where everybody is fighting everybody. I don't find it interesting - I just see a bunch of selfish, whiny toddlers and I want to grab them all by the ears and throw them in time out until they cool off.
XD

Lion King Stu
September 14th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Don't usually go to see many films at the cinema these days, mostly because they're not cheap anymore...back in my day *grumbles*
I recently went back to America to stay with my good friend FC and her wife and we decided to go see a 'scary' film one night and we decided to watch a film called 'Don't Breathe'.
Turned out to be quite a decent film actually, a horror film with a different take to it with a blind protagonist who you see on screen a lot of the film, also nice to have characters you genuinly find hard to like when things happen to them...karma ^^

Leorgathar
September 22nd, 2016, 05:35 AM
Pete's Dragon (2016)

I gotta say, from all the Disney remakes that are coming out, this is totally my favourite so far, it's a really beautiful movie :cs_love:
It's more a reimagining rather than an actual remake, it makes no references at all to the old movie, so it's its own thing and I think that's good.
I loved the dragon, Eliott! Sure, it's not a traditional dragon since they designed it to be furry instead of scaly, but I think it suits him very well, in a way the design feels like a forest guardian-spirit, worthy of a Hayao Miyazaki film. As for the rest of the characters, the performances are strong and believable, Eliott's friendship with Pete is so adorable :')

This movie deserves more attention than it is getting, go watch it! I recommend it :)

KanuTGL
September 22nd, 2016, 02:34 PM
Ooh, that sounds promising then, Leor! I've been curious about the new Pete's Dragon, but I haven't seen or heard much of it since its US release. Been wondering if it was gonna be a "Jungle Book"-remake or a "Maleficent"-reimagining too, so that's that sorted :P The film's not released here for another few weeks (as per usual Disney fashion...) but I'll go see it when it comes out for sure.

Last film I watched was Zootopia <3

Sharifu
September 22nd, 2016, 11:22 PM
Pete's Dragon (2016)

I gotta say, from all the Disney remakes that are coming out, this is totally my favourite so far, it's a really beautiful movie :cs_love:
It's more a reimagining rather than an actual remake, it makes no references at all to the old movie, so it's its own thing and I think that's good.
I loved the dragon, Eliott! Sure, it's not a traditional dragon since they designed it to be furry instead of scaly, but I think it suits him very well, in a way the design feels like a forest guardian-spirit, worthy of a Hayao Miyazaki film. As for the rest of the characters, the performances are strong and believable, Eliott's friendship with Pete is so adorable :')

This movie deserves more attention than it is getting, go watch it! I recommend it :)

I agree with pretty much all you mentioned about this new film. It's also my favorite out of all the Disney remakes. I think it's a beautiful and touching film. I think it's too bad that it doesn't seem to be doing as well as the Jungle Book remake. I still enjoyed the new Jungle Book film, but I enjoyed Pete's Dragon more, I think it's more emotional. I'll definitely be buying this movie on blu-ray.

nathalie
September 30th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Wallace and Gromit and the were-rabbit *cheeeeeeeeeeeeese* :lol:

We wanted to go and see Sausage Party, but I got sick and was in no position to go to the movies :(

Opera Ghost
October 23rd, 2016, 04:58 PM
Suicide Squad! :)

nathalie
October 23rd, 2016, 06:42 PM
Grumpy old men, on the plane home, such a classic :lol: