PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King Poll!

Guntur
June 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_in_Film:_The_Greatest_Movies_of_Our_Time#Best _Animated_Film

Best in Film have listed that The Lion King is one of the best film and the best animated film of all time!

Rejoice and the legacy continue!

King Simba
June 23rd, 2011, 07:53 PM
And it's not hard to say why. ;) Long live The Lion King! :D

I quite like the top 3 choices. :ooo: They're all in my favourite movies list. :)

HasiraKali
June 23rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
But we already knew all of this. ;)

Wide Eyed Wanderer
June 23rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
So according to this list, filmmaking had pretty much peaked by 1943...

Right... :woe:

KanuTGL
June 23rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
But we already knew all of this. ;)
Indeed :lol:

I like Number 3 on "Greatest On-Screen Kiss" as well C:

Shadow
June 23rd, 2011, 10:26 PM
TLK now and forever ^^

Sadiki
June 24th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Wow, my movie taste must be very weird, but by looking at every one of those lists I have to disagree with every one. some lists have one or more that I would place on that spot but none of the lists have more than 2 right what I would have chosen. But I guess that is just me.

Azerane
June 24th, 2011, 01:27 AM
:lol: STM, would love to see your lists then ;)

Simbaspirit
June 24th, 2011, 03:45 AM
don't know most of these movies, but at least they've got the #1 animated movie spot on! :D

Leorgathar
June 24th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Whoa, so many movies I've seen and so many I haven't. Gone with the Wind seems to be taking much attention there, but I'm not sure if it's the kind of movies that would bore me to death. I tried to watch Casablanca once, and I failed miserably :lol:

I'm happy they have a good eye for animated films, for obvious reasons :cheese: and I love the 3rd option for Greatest On-Screen Kiss as well :ooo:

King Simba
June 24th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Greatest On-Screen Kiss

Gone with the Wind (1939)
From Here to Eternity (1953)
Lady and the Tramp (1955)
An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)
Casablanca (1942)

Oh, well that one was quite predictable. :uhno: But I love it too. :)

And out of that list, Lady and the Tramp is the only movie I've seen. :lol:

Sadiki
June 24th, 2011, 05:30 PM
:lol: STM, would love to see your lists then ;)

I bet you would, wouldn't you? But I ain't gonna tell! :evilgrin:

plus some of the categories would be left blank as I don't watch those kind of movies really and even when I do I don't think highly about them. But one thing I can say is that Toy Story wouldn't even be in my top 5 animated movies, to be honest. Not a huge fan of the series at all. Don't get me wrong thought, I don't hate the series, just don't think it's even close to being best animated movie ever made.