PDA

View Full Version : Biblical Animal Rights

The_Real_King
October 22nd, 2005, 03:34 AM
http://www.adaptt.org/intro.html

Start reading from 'the garden of vegan'. On a Chirstian side of the debate I rest my case and will not argue. Read the whole thing before you reply because explanations are in there.

Xinithian
October 22nd, 2005, 03:52 AM
Why do you deliberately start arguments with your threads?

nafklt
October 22nd, 2005, 04:24 AM
I disagree with the whole organization, if no animals are gonna be guinea pigs for our scientific research, we'd all be dead by now from influenza. The flu shot comes from chicken eggs if you wanna know.

nathalie
October 22nd, 2005, 04:33 AM
True.

And these days, animals are "made" for things like that.

Call me weird, but I would rather have them being "made" especially for stuff like that, then people just go out into nature and pick them out.

HasiraKali
October 22nd, 2005, 08:03 PM
"I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
Ok I stopped right here because what got Adam and Eve kicked out of the garden? Eatting a fruit! :lol: And Jesus ate lamb. And fish.

Simba '04
October 22nd, 2005, 09:02 PM
ok listen dude, I'm a Fundamental Baptist Christian and I live by the Bible, but guess what? Those passages were from the Old Testament, in the New Testament it cleary states that the Jewish laws no longer apply to man and therefor they CAN eat meat and in fact man is SUPPOSE to eat meat! Why else would Jesus have ate meat? Because the old laws no longer are applied in the New Testament, I mean yes you should still go by the 10 commandments but you don't have to go by the Jewish laws and that is what seperates a Christian from Jew. I am a Christian and I eat meat and love it! DO NOT change what the Bible says and say that as a Christian you should be a vegetarian.

hmm...I just looked up Genesis in my online Bible and guess what it says?

Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

What does that mean? O ya...it goes against what that article has to say because God GAVE US meat for us to EAT!

Yes in the Garden of Eden everything was vegetarian until the fall of man and that is when animals started eating meat and so did humans! If you are going to go against Christianity then I will attack you, sorry, but I live by the Bible.

Eva Janus
October 22nd, 2005, 09:24 PM
I agree with Simba '04.

I read part of it. From the first paragraph, I knew whoever wrote that was way off. :yuck:

I won't say everything I want to, but I will say that that person is misled. God was the one who first killed animals to give their skins to Adam and Eve for clothing after they'd sinned. God also commanded that a spotless lamb should be used as a sacrifice to God until Jesus came and became the ultimate sacrifice. God does command us to love others and the creatures of the earth, but he had said we could use them as a source of food.

Seriously... just read the Bible and don't try to make it fit your own ideas. That's how a lot of false religions are started. They take verses and such from the Bible and fit them to what they wanna believe and they don't bother to read the other verses that will contradict what they say. It's just crazy... :confused:

Tiikeri
October 22nd, 2005, 09:34 PM
As an atheist, I find everything in this thread to be just hyped up nonsense, which will undoubtedly leave to another flaming row like there was a couple of months back. I forget the subject of the argument, but it was a really big deal for some people, and I can see a repeat of it happening now. It usually happens when people bring religion into it, hence why I'm atheist, I'm fed up of people starting arguments about religious beliefs as those are the ones that lead to all the flamings because people take religion so personally.

Well that's my two cents, feel free to yell at me if you disagree.

lion_roog
October 22nd, 2005, 10:36 PM
I agree with Tiikeri on the arguing about religion. It's kinda hard to argue about a Faith, since there is little Fact to back it up. What I mean that in a sense, argueing over religion is just word against word...belief against belief. I like Gandhi's view of religion.

Daniel
October 22nd, 2005, 10:43 PM
"Religion Divides People, Belief in Something Unites Them" ~ Random quote for the day :D

Xinithian
October 22nd, 2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Eva Janus
Seriously... just read the Bible and don't try to make it fit your own ideas. That's how a lot of false religions are started. They take verses and such from the Bible and fit them to what they wanna believe and they don't bother to read the other verses that will contradict what they say. It's just crazy... :confused: There is no such thing as a "false religion". That's how religious wars are started. Everything is a guess, nobody really knows the truth, so to call religions "false" is wrong. Also, the Bible is all about interpretation... that's why there are so many different denominations.

Whitewolf
October 22nd, 2005, 11:43 PM
gee not another one of these tree ...not going say the word but you get the idea..... threads on Animal rights again you tree......something hippies.......... anyways back to the topic

I don't know but this is what the Bible say ...... personally i like eating meat (like veal) (call me a Carnivore if you want you vegetarians) but if you like eating vegetables that your choice an i have nothing against it but don't rub it in our faces with the Bible and say that we can't eat meat...:grrr:

Then God said, ?I now60 give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the entire earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.61 (61 means G. J. Wenham (Genesis [WBC], 1:34) points out that there is nothing in the passage that prohibits the man and the woman from eating meat. He suggests that eating meat came after the fall. Gen 9:3 may then ratify the postfall practice of eating meat rather than inaugurate the practice, as is often understood. ))

Juniper
October 23rd, 2005, 02:45 AM
Hey, I know, howabout we ignore threads like this, and they'll go away. Why the hell does anyone care what someone a thousand miles away on a internet forum thinks? If anyone here thinks they know the complete and true will of God down to the final line of revelations, or any other religious text, then they're too full of themselves to be worth arguing with anyway. And no, I'm not pointing out TRK, I'm talking to everyone.

unregistered user
October 23rd, 2005, 09:59 AM
Right, since this will only end up in a mess i'm locking this thread.

Endra
October 23rd, 2005, 01:44 PM
Ha. I knew I should have left this thread locked.

Locked PERMANENTLY