PDA

View Full Version : What do you collect?

nathalie
June 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Apart from TLK ...
Do you have some other big collections?

Sadiki
June 7th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I used to collect butterflies with my friend when I was a kid. We had quite a collection, but I think that dried up during out early teenage years as we developed other kind of interests. I also used to collect rocks from my vacations, but I stopped that as well when I turned 16 as I had no idea where to keep those rocks so those got just thrown out in some point.

Now days I cannot afford anything else than Lion king stuff. :lol:

TeeKay
June 7th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I have a few small collections of bits and pieces, I say small because the things I collect tent to be quite expensive are often quite rare.

Firstly, I collect autographs of actors from TV shows that I watch. I've been collecting these for the longest time and it is my biggest collection. My first autograph was from Gigi Edgley from Farscape (and also Rescue: Special Ops for anyone is Australia ;)) which I got in September '04 and my most recent was from David Blue of Stargate Universe only a couple of weekends ago. With a couple of exceptions I've met all the actors who's autographs I have. If you're at all interested I have pictures of them all in this album. (http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/Scaper_photos/Autographs%20and%20Photo%20ops/)

Keeping with TV shows I also have a small collection of props from various TV shows which includes a CTU visitor pass from 24, a picture that was hanging in Abby's forensics lab from NCIS, a Police file from Caprica and John Crichton's ammo belt case and pulse pistol from Farscape.

If you've been on the "Post a picture of yourself" thread you've probably seen my costume collection. As it stands at the moment I have:
John Crichton from Farscape, Cameron Mitchell from Stargate SG-1, Matt Scott from Stargate Universe, Chuck Bartowski from Chuck, Jack Bauer from 24, Sam T Anders from Battlestar Galactica and an NCIS agent.
Most of these are I've put together myself, however one of them - my Battlestar Galactica costume was actually used on the show.

I also have a small collection of TV scripts. The complete second season of 24, 2 from NCIS, both parts of Farscape The Peacekeeper Wars and an episode of the main series of Farscape. Again, most of these are copies of the actual scripts used in the various productions, however the Farscape one was used by a member of the costume department for that episode.

I'm nothing if not a colossal nerd :lol:

Oh and soundtracks. Not particularly rare (well, not most of them anyway) or expensive, but I do have a lot of them, lol :D

Funnily enough (or not, depending on how you look at it) I don't actually have a TLK collection. I have the UK trilogy DVD boxset and the US collectors edition of the first film and that's about it, hehe.

HasiraKali
June 7th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Aside from TLK, I collect Vinylmation. That's pretty much it actually.

Azerane
June 8th, 2011, 12:07 AM
TLK is my biggest collection. I used to be really into collecting stamps (postage stamps), and I actually bought some lion king ones off ebay a year or so ago. And I would still like to collect stamps, but I guess it just gets left behind by other things. Otherwise, I collect feathers, though I don't really know what to do with them, I just find them fascinating and like trying to guess what birds they're from. I'm also sort of starting to get a collection of animal based fantasty books. Otherwise, I really don't collect anything.

Sombolia
June 8th, 2011, 02:13 AM
I used to collect rare coins, but I stopped at some point. Can't really say I collect anything anymore. :hmm:

shadowland
June 8th, 2011, 02:56 AM
...lots of pictures from the internets :lol:

Azerane
June 8th, 2011, 04:46 AM
^ Now that you mention it, I used to do that too... cool dragon pictures mostly. Not so much anymore... now I just collect whole folders of my art that's on my comp and all my digital photos that I need to sort through more to delete a whole lot. :p

Guntur
June 8th, 2011, 05:37 AM
I collect lots and lots of Original CD's. Of course the CD that I consider good music, awesome cover, and of course with a lot bonus materials.

Actually, I've decide to put on detail on this post. :lol:

As I collecting more Original CD's. Half of the collection are consider: indie/EP/unsigned CD's.

Some of my favorite CD's mostly are from the independent scene!

Leorgathar
June 8th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I have a coin collection, I always try to get coins from every country or place I go to, or get them from other people from countries I've never been to :D

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5073/coincollection.jpg

I used to collect rare coins, but I stopped at some point. Can't really say I collect anything anymore. :hmm:

Maybe you can collect some few from the Europe trip you'll take, and restart the habit :lol:

Safila
June 8th, 2011, 06:34 AM
^ Do you have any Aussie or NZ ones ?

Leorgathar
June 8th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I think I have at least one or two Aussie coins, maybe you can spot them in the collection picture above. I think they're the ones on the bottom center, and a bit to the left

Sombolia
June 8th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Maybe you can collect some few from the Europe trip you'll take, and restart the habit :lol:

That's a good idea :evilgrin: I already know I want a $1 coin from Canada. :kiss:

King Simba
June 8th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I collect water/snow globes. I don't have a huge collection as I find it hard finding somewhere to store them, but I usually buy them as souvenirs from tourist attractions and different countries... TLK ones are welcomed too. ;) And yes, I collect TLK-stuff. What a surprise. :lol:

Otherwise, I don't really collect anything else. If I have spare coins or notes from different countries, I usually spend them the next time I go to a country that uses that currency. :p

Sombolia
June 8th, 2011, 11:28 AM
...lots of pictures from the internets :lol:

Oh, I didn't know e-collections counted...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5240/derpp.png

:blah:

what is my life

Juniper
June 8th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I collect experience! Each month I dabble with a new skill, each season I try to develop one of those skills, and each year I try to master at least one of those skills.

Also, I collect camera equipment :p Not this new fangled auto-photographer crap, but the old, metal, make-you-do-the-work, $2 at salvation army stuff. Good times :p

Azerane
June 8th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Oooh, that coin collection reminds me.

I collect coins, mostly the quarters from each of the american states... I think I have 38-ish or something now... will have to dig it out before I go to the states again :p

Sombolia
June 8th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Oh, I collected those state quarters too. I have all 50 in a display thing. :)

Azerane
June 8th, 2011, 02:26 PM
^ Fancy! Hopefully I can complete the collection on my next visit :D

Guntur
June 8th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Does it include old fashion film Photography? ;)

ThiagoPE
June 8th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I have colected vhs, then dvd, and now blurays, but i never had an expressive number of them (never going beyound 100)

I have also a little collection of football shirts

Monai
June 8th, 2011, 07:52 PM
For about a year and a half I collected postcards through Postcrossing. Never officially *stopped*, I just kind of got too busy to do it anymore due to exams and such. I ended up with about 300 though :)

shadowland
June 8th, 2011, 11:15 PM
When I was a kid I used to collect Hot Wheels..good times :lol:

Safila
June 9th, 2011, 12:07 AM
In the foyer of our hospital they have a big cabinet of hot wheels, put your $2 in, press button for which car you want and Bam :lol:

I used to collect Paw-phans

http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/174826_RUGfyS2dVoJ2ocwCQZyl0XoFn.jpg

Azerane
June 9th, 2011, 12:15 AM
^Aww, they're cute :)

Reminds me, my friend used to collect beanie kids... she had around 300 of those damn things. She ended up selling them all, they took up so much space. It just blows my mind to think of all the money she would have spent buying them.

Safila
June 9th, 2011, 12:18 AM
*coughs* I used to have them as well.. A big bag of soft toys now live up in the ceiling :lol:

Azerane
June 9th, 2011, 12:22 AM
:lol: ignore my comment then :p

Safila
June 9th, 2011, 12:28 AM
:lol: Mine were gifts from family for xmas and birthdays.. and only had about 15

Wide Eyed Wanderer
June 9th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I suppose I collect music...always looking for new stuff to discover.

Up to around 24000 songs in my iTunes...will actually need to buy another hard drive soon! :lol:

Utora
June 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Military regalia { uniforms, boots, pins, medals, bullets, guns, posters, photographs of war, books related, etc.

TLK { plushies, artwork, lions or anything I associate with TLK

Music ..& Coins.

And finally, a ton of Soviet & Russian stuff, that has it's own exclusive corner of my room.

Levin
June 10th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Hmm..the only thing I've really collected is Kingdom Hearts and TLK stuff..and lion stuff in general =P

Aurelian
June 10th, 2011, 04:18 PM
That's a good idea :evilgrin: I already know I want a $1 coin from Canada. :kiss:

Have one!:haha: I have quite the extensive coin collection, though I haven't adde to it recently. I have both foreign(Canada, Mexico, Great Brittan, France, Spain, Kenya, Australia, New Zealand, most of the Carribean Islands) and old coins. My prized coin is an American 1882 "Indian Head" penny. It's worth about $200.00. To think I got it as change from a stamp machine in a post office. :lol:

I also collect Pokemon cards(I have about 600 different ones), Plush great cats and wild dogs, Feathers(I have two beautiful hawk feathers), and old video games(NES, SNES, N64, ect.)

Utora
June 10th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Feathers(I have two beautiful hawk feathers)

:idea:

Same, but it's not so obsessive for me now as it was before, that and in my area the feathers becamew redundant. Red Tailed Hawk, Finches, Grackles, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Doves....I have one large white one I assume from some owl? I found that in the Ohio area in the forest though, nothing similar here in MO in my area...and some turkey feathers. I have countless ziplock baggies of cleansed bird feathers stock piled in a closet..my parents are just like :eww: with the whole thing.

Azerane
July 2nd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Forgot, I also kinda collect movie tickets, I know I don't have all of them, but I have quite a few since 2006 (when I started working at a movie theatre) I know I have some more somewhere, just need to find them. I think it's nice to look back and remember them, because then I can see when I saw what movie, and it also helps remind me who I went with etc :)

saitenyo
July 4th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I collect Tramp merchandise (as in Lady and the Tramp). There's not a ton of it still available and I only collect pieces I really like, so that collection is fairly small. I have 2 plushies, a picture frame, and 2 figurines at the moment. The pride of my collection is this: http://www.wdccduckman.com/spgtt15f.htm I hope to eventually collect the rest of the WDCC Tramp pieces.

I also just recently started collecting siamese cat stuff/stylized cat figurines.

Azerane
July 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM
That's a beautiful figurine :)