PDA

View Full Version : Baby lion!!

Azerane
June 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
One of the lionesses at Monarto zoo had a gorgeous little cub on the 3rd of May, so it's only just a month old, and it's adorable. They're hoping to put it on exhibit in July, so hopefully I'll get a chance to go and visit before I head over to the U.S, I haven't yet had a chance to see their new chimp exhibit there yet anyway. Quite interestingly, they're actually doing an ebay auction for the right to get to choose a name for the cub, it only started today and already it's at $405. I think it's quite a novel idea, usually they just hold a competition and you submit names. But I think it's a nice way to raise money for the zoo. Sort of out of my bidding range though :p http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150614164318

See the cuteness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDxw-31Yg1s

Sombolia
June 5th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Oh my gosh, what a cutie! :) Hopefully you get to go see him ^^

King Simba
June 5th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Awwww, he/she is heaps cute! :D I hope you can get a chance to see him/her. :)

If the cub was a male, I would name him Simba, and if the cub was a female, I would name her Nala, but that sounds quite predictable. :lol:

Aurelian
June 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Kinda.... steriotypical, KS! :lol:

This Land
June 5th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Im going to outbid everyone and call it Leahalalela.org Great advertising ^^

Sadiki
June 5th, 2011, 07:39 PM
TL... That would be outrageously cruel! :lol:

Imagine situation where there was a news report or something " So how is leahalelala.org doing today? "... Just no! XD

King Simba
June 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Well, it would certainly make people curious, and who knows, maybe we'd even have a sudden influx of new members. :lol:

Leorgathar
June 6th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Hahaha TL, that'd be awesome :lol: At least Lea, if it's a girl :p

Anyway, that's an adorable cub! I'm always impressed how small they are compared to their mom's head :lol:

Ngatuny
June 6th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Wonderfully cute and so good to see good zoos having new cubs. And mum seems to be caring well for her cub.:licks: