PDA

View Full Version : My Introduction

dlb117
September 14th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I am 22 years old, and a US MARINE stationed at MCAS Cherry Point, NC where I am a Powerline Mechanic for the AV8B Harrier, but my real home is a small retired coal mining town a few hours outside of Seattle, Washington called Ravensdale.
I am a very active person, and rarely find myself with nothing to do. In my free time I like to take my 1989 Chevy Suburban 4 wheeling, or ride my 300ex ATV.
The Lion King has always been my favorite movie since it's release in 1994, and I belive it is the best movie I have ever seen!! I also love the sequels! This movie series, and it's soundtracks, have many life lessons, and themes that are benificial to learn in order to live a full life, and I respect the work that was put in to create them!! I watch them twice a week or more, and I listen to the soundtracks between these times. Every time I watch it, it's sequels, or listen to the soundtracks, I find new lessons, and themes that I had not noticed before. Truely it is an awesome movie experience!!!!!!!
A few other things I like are Classic Rock and Country music, and some of my other favorite movies are National Treasure, and Walking Tall along with others. I also spend lots of time on the IMDB.com forum for the TLK movies, where my username / callsign is dlbusmc, and Simbaspaws.org where my username is the same as here. IMDB.com, and Simbaspaws.org are also great places to slide into the world of The Lion King with other fans!
My avitar is a character that I created, and drew, for RPing, His name Is Ithabise, and I will post his description ASAP
Anyway, Hi again, and thanks for the welcome!
:cheese:

Aurelian
September 15th, 2005, 12:52 AM
First off, welcome to Lea! It is a true honor and priviledge to have an US soldier as a member.

I am surprised at how much out interests are alike. I, too, love classic rock and country music. I bet you loive the Eagles. I also enjoyed the movie "Walking Tall", and am a fan of the Rock since back in his wrestling days.

Finally, thank you for putting yourself out there and protecting out country and freedon. You rock! :D

This Land
September 15th, 2005, 06:05 AM
welcome to lea, is nice to see people from all diffrent carreers to join us.
I hope you enjoy it here.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2341/cubpin4qy.gif

Nephilim
September 15th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Hello.

Are you 21 or 22? Make your mind up! ;P

King Simba
September 15th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Hey there, welcome to the boards. ^^

Nice intro but yeah, are you 21 or 22?

Nalinda
September 15th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Welcome to Lea, dlb117!

I hope you'll like it here. ;)

Opera Ghost
September 15th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Hello :D

moonibear
September 15th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Welcome to Lea!

nathalie
September 15th, 2005, 05:14 PM
*lol* Just look at his profile, he will be 22 this month :)

Anyways ... Welcome at Lea :)

Darkslash
September 15th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Welcomes to Lea! Enjoy your time here.

Snow Wolf
September 15th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Hello. Welcome to lea :D

LunarCat
September 15th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Many welcomes :D :cheese:

Kovu The Lion
September 15th, 2005, 10:29 PM
OMG! YOU LIVE SO CLOSE TO ME! *Salutes to the US Marine* You rock dude ^_^! Anyways Welcome to the Pride, SIR! *Salutes again* :D

~KTL~

aj2590
September 15th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Welcome to Lea! :) Glad to have ya on board!

dlb117
September 16th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Wow, Lots of replies...
I was out of my Shop, and away from my computer for most of the day, and did not have time to check back in!
Anyway, to clear up the confusion, I am 21 now, but I will be turning 22 on the 28th of this month, thus, I have been putting 22:knowdees:
I guess I must have screwed up somewhere... ...Suppose I am just getting too old for this:cringe: LOL!

Anyway, thanks for all the replies!!

Ohh! By the way, here is Ithabise's Character description...
As it is my first attempt at this type of thing, I am asking for any, and all suggestions... What do you think?

Name:
Ithabise (meaning celebrate) -I thought it sounded cool too!

Physical Characteristics:
Ithabise is an adolescent Male about the age if Simba During the scene in TLK 1 during the Hakuna Matata song as he first gets older (the scene where they are crossing the log during the intermission of the song...) He is very well built but he has a "scraggly"(rough) look as he has lived on his own for years. He also walks with a limp in his right front leg and he has a bad cut in his left ear. These injuries are due to a run in with a crocodile at a very young age yet he has never disclosed this, and nobody else knows why. His mane has not fully came in yet as he is still fairly young, and he is of a color slightly darker than Simba, but lighter than Scar.

Personality Characteristics:
Ithabise is a wise character in many things for his age, yet he is very shy, and is usually found on the outskirts of a group, and he frequently keeps to himself. He is frequently refered to as a "Drifter".
Ithabise was separated from his pride at a very young age due to a fire, and has lived by himself for the majority of his life, and thus, has learned how to fight, and to hunt very well.
He has a mysterious, and secret side to him in the fact that nobody really knows where he came from and how he became to be on his own, but there are many rumors. One such rumor is that he was once destined to be the king of the pride he was separated from.
Ithabise is also well in tune with his surroundings, and can be around without anyone knowing he is there. This character trait is favorable by many, yet feared by others.
Also, though he does'nt usually talk about it, Ithabise is on a never-ending journey to find out what happened to his pride, and his family. He also had a brother that was also separated during the fire.

-This is what I have so far...
Also, this is what I am calling a "Beginning Character Profile" meaning this is what is known about him at this point, but throughout the storylines, his character will become more apparent through interactions with others.

Kopa
September 16th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Welcome to a totally awsome pride dude! :cheese: glad to have ya here ^_^

Lion King Stu
September 16th, 2005, 04:19 AM
Howdy :ayecapn:

Jambo :hugs: and welcome to Lea makes the Pride one more stronger :cheese:

lion_roog
September 22nd, 2005, 08:15 AM
Welcome, Dude:cheese:

The Harrier is an awesome plane....:D

Ngatuny