PDA

View Full Version : witch is better ? dimoud edition dvd or speacial edition dvd

bouncey
June 1st, 2011, 02:18 PM
witch do you think is better ? dimound edition , or speacil edition ? i think my money's wroth on the speaical edition than the dimound edition ! XD the dimound edition sucks do to the fact that it only has one fricken disc , and only specail feature ! while the speacial edition is better , with 2 discs , and heaps of more speacil features !

ThiagoPE
June 1st, 2011, 06:02 PM
I think we canīt answer your question now (the blu ray wasnoīt even released!)

In my simple opinion i think we canīt say that the bd is a crap only because its a one disc edition, the blu ray can hold a lot of data, and there is also bd-live which can grant us very nice contents.

To me the diamond edition of the lion king was the best disney brazilian dvd released, because it came with DTS audio (what were a new in that times of 2003) and interactive games naver seen in dvd before (some players even refused to play it because they were too old to play then, this fact is warned even in the dvd package), but it were not perfect, some mistakes in the subtitles and translation, and some changes they made to the movie, made it a little disapointing.

For now I will let the answer to your question after the bd be released

bouncey
June 1st, 2011, 06:11 PM
but , still i will stick to the speacial edition ! XD

Simbaspirit
June 1st, 2011, 08:23 PM
The diamond edition will actually have four discs - you can just choose to buy the single disc if you don't want bonus features. There is a list of bonus features that has been posted - there are actually quite a few unseen things, which surprised me. There were so many supplemental features on the 2003 release that I didn't think they would be able to come up with that many new things.

HasiraKali
June 1st, 2011, 10:47 PM
Or better yet, the 8-disc. ;)

Zulama
November 30th, 2013, 05:37 AM
I prefer the Diamond Edition version of The Lion King because for a few reasons: (1.) there are never before seen deleted scenes that are released with the DVD. (2.) I just love how they redid the Main Menu the graphics and the music that goes with each menu are without a doubt phenomenal. And (3.) the sound quality of the movie are great if not on the same level or better than the Special Edition release.

ThiagoPE
November 30th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Is also nice to note that: not all, but the majority of the special edition dvd extras, can be seen on the Diamond edition bluray via bd live feature (you need to have your bd player conected to internet)

Kirauni
November 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM
I hope you don't mind that I corrected the spelling in the poll. So one can see what you mean better.

I don't disagree with the others: The BluRay version definately is best. But the question was which DVD-version you liked best...
So when it comes to the cover, content and menu I'd say the diamond edition. The special edition has a very overloaded menu in my opinion. I've never liked the animated Zazu hovering over the Pridelands. And the map is just awfully off! And that voice... nah.

However when I think how great my joy over the first TLK DVD was, I'd say "Special Edition". It was a real highlight and I love the warm colours on the front.

Still, I'd vote for Diamond Edition. Unfortunately I clicked on the wrong button and voted for the wrong thing in the poll. Oh well XD

lionkinglover
December 8th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Oh gosh! I can't believe how long ago I posted that and how horrible my spelling was back then. ( bouncey was my first account that I lost my passward to.)

To answer this topic, I have Recived the Diamond edition.on Blu - ray in 2011 When I turned 13. The picture qulity was magnificent and I loved the bloopers. I also like how it didn't have the morning report.

s-tlk
December 9th, 2013, 06:06 PM
I must honestly admit, that I only quickly checked the Diamond Edition DVD for material, but never watched the movie on it. So, it is hard for me to compare these two in point of quality, because the SE was already great for a movie that was at the time 10 years old, also thanks to the IMAX release cleanup. But I still think that the SE DVD edition of TLK was the best of an classical animated movie, so I doubt that the Diamond Edition can top that. The sound mix of the Diamond Edition is probably similar to the BD and in comparison to that I must say now, that the SE has the better sound mix it has in particular more volume in certain action sequence.
In consequence I voted for the SE version.

If I would have to make a choice between the BD and SE DVD I would choose the BD Diamond edition as most of you. ^^