PDA

View Full Version : Signature Images + Avatar file sizes

KanuTGL
April 21st, 2011, 10:53 PM
Because I like to get nice and settled in with avatars and signatures and stuff... :p

It looks like the staff are allowed signature images, but when I try to edit my profile it says I'm not allowed Image BB code, animated GIFs or to upload images to my signature. I believe we had this issue with the Old New Lea for a while too. Is there an easy way to turn it on for us regular members?

Also, avatar file sizes are set to a maximum of 19.5 KB, which is quite small and if they are any bigger they look very ugly and JPG-y D: Would it be possible to edit those settings and allow for larger avatar file sizes as well?

Cheers C:

HasiraKali
April 21st, 2011, 10:59 PM
Indeed. I will look at that right now. :)

All done on the signatures. Do you happen to remember what the image sizes were set at before? They're on 20000 right now. I can't remember what I set it at before.

Dare
April 21st, 2011, 11:08 PM
Hmmm...probably outdated, ancient policies, but from my old records...

"Custom avatars must be kept to under 119x119px and under 37kb"

"Signatures must be kept to no greater than 500x300px or less with no more than:
5 lines of normal-sized text - or (if not using images) - 10 lines normal-sized text.
In addition, the file size cannot exceed 1MB.
For more information, please see our "How To" section on signature banners."

Hope that helps ^__^

HasiraKali
April 21st, 2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks. I remember we changed the dimensions on the avatars and siggies at one point. I'll go set the avatars at a higher kb. :)

HasiraKali
April 21st, 2011, 11:13 PM
Image sizes for avatars updated. :)

KanuTGL
April 21st, 2011, 11:17 PM
Awesome! Thanks a lot, HK! ^^

Sadiki
April 22nd, 2011, 03:00 AM
Edited the signature options: 500x300 and 97.7kb > going to increase it to 1MB if required.

Sombolia
April 22nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
That was my biggest problem, too. Thanks so much for fixing it! :D

Azerane
April 22nd, 2011, 08:01 AM
Somby, I think you need [IMG] tags around your sig link :p

Sombolia
April 22nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
They DO have [IMG] tags... which is why I'm confused :confused:

Here's a screenshot. (http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2988/watir.jpg)

What am I doing wrong? I'm not in my right mind so feel free to call me out for being an idiot... :lol:

Azerane
April 22nd, 2011, 08:14 AM
Huh... well, that's certainly interesting... let me see if there's anything I can do to fix it...

Well that didn't work... Couldn't fix it, even tried converting to jpg and uploading from my photobucket, but that didn't work either. So I don't know what's wrong :p I'll restore your link for it though. Let me try uploading a signature for myself...

OOOkkk... haven't got a clue :p I'm going to guess at some sort of glitch. Because I see other people with sigs. I tried linking with image tags and directly uploading a sigpic image. So I don't know.. unless there's another setting somewhere..

Sombolia
April 22nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
Oh ok... I think I got it to work now. I had to upload it as a sigpic.

Azerane
April 22nd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I don't know what was up with that, because I even tried uploading yours that way... because mine which wasn't working at all before, now is too. At least it's sorted :p

King Simba
April 22nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
Aww, I can't upload my old signature. :\ It says the file is too large. Any chance in increasing the limit for these?

HasiraKali
April 22nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
What's the size of your signature, KS?

Sadiki
April 23rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
As I said I'll increase the file size if required. Will do it right now. ~1mb should be enough.

King Simba
April 23rd, 2011, 08:16 PM
I have my regular signature back now. Thanks a lot. :)

Simbaspirit
April 25th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Decided to switch from my Ramones signature for a bit and go back to the one that KS made me back in 2005 as a throwback to the old lea :lol:

EDIT:

It's not showing up 0.o I've tried everything from linking, then uploading, and then i have the sigpic things in there.. When I hit preview my signature shows up, but not in the forum. Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks so much!

HasiraKali
April 26th, 2011, 12:15 AM
You might need to upload it as a signature image. If not, let me know and I can see if I can fix it on my end. :)

Simbaspirit
April 26th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I figured it out I think - it seems that previous posts aren't effected by the signature changes, just posts made afterwards. Thanks so much for the help HK :)