PDA

View Full Version : Musical TLKoB "Behind the Curtain"

Bahati
September 4th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Export complete! I finally found a configuration that yields reasonably good quality video and audio with a mind-blowingly small file; over 31 times smaller than the raw footage!

View it here! http://files.thpe.net/leahalalela/TLKoBBtC.wmv (38.8 MB, 20 minutes 28 seconds)

Much thanks to ThiagoPE for providing hosting space.

-----
Original post:

One of my local news stations just ran a 30-minute behind-the-scenes special for TLKoB. I've snagged it on the DVR and am in the process of transferring it to my computer for editing to remove commercials.

The final file size could still be fairly large. Does anyone know a free hosting service for large files that I could use to distribute the video?

Sharifu
September 4th, 2005, 04:16 AM
http://www.yousendit.com/ ?

I have no idea if it will upload something that big. I'm sorry if that doesn't help. =/ I'd love to see that though!

Bahati
September 4th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Presently stumbling my way around Adobe Premiere. The video's been trimmed down and is presently exporting. Here's hoping everything runs smoothly.

nathalie
September 4th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Euhm, make a zip file first? That sometimes, can make it a tiny bit smaller.

Would be awsome to see :)

ThiagoPE
September 4th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Bahati, you can use my server if you want to distribute the video, i have space and bandwidth for it (and of course i also want a lot to watch it)

soulImbibe
September 4th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Bahati are you exporting with DivX or XviD compression? It would help the filesize a lot if you use one of those codecs.

HasiraKali
September 4th, 2005, 04:33 PM
If you use yousendit.com and it gives you problems, you can use rapidshare.de. Only problem with either of those is the incredibly long upload times. Hope it all works out. I'd love to see it. :)

Bahati
September 4th, 2005, 06:18 PM
I think I've just about got it. Did a test export using an MPEG encoder, results looked good, now exporting at a smaller scale for better file size. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Having a slew of problems with compression. Hoping to have it resolved within a few days.

Lion_King_300
September 5th, 2005, 05:30 PM
A very similar program aired in my area last winter when TLKOB came to Seattle, it was called "Lion King Backstage Pass". A local news weatherman hosted the program and included interviews with all the actors, directors and costume people. It's a fantastic show.

I have it on DVD also but I didn't have a way to upload it like Bahati... since it's so big, but i'm interested to see how similar the programs are and if mine's different I'll try upload it too.

ThiagoPE
September 5th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I repeat: for these videos my server are open for you all

thelionkingfan
September 7th, 2005, 11:18 PM
I wacthed trading spaces one night and a little boy got a room with a TLKoB poster and a small pillow made out of some of the fabrick from the costume that someone wore in the play! Im like NOT FAIR!:mad:

Bahati
September 8th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Export complete! I finally found a configuration that yields reasonably good quality video and audio with a mind-blowingly small file; over 31 times smaller than the raw footage!

View it here! http://files.thpe.net/leahalalela/TLKoBBtC.wmv (38.8 MB, 20 minutes 28 seconds)

Much thanks to ThiagoPE for providing hosting space.

imported_Rafiki
September 8th, 2005, 07:06 AM
I just loaded it down and watched it! It's amazing! Thanks alot to the two of you Bahati and Thiago for sharing it with us! =D

Lion_King_300
September 8th, 2005, 07:14 AM
I'm not very experienced in this, all the files on the DVD are in a video_TS folder with the bulk of the space being in .VOB files. There are also .IFO and .BUP files. I've already tried using programs like the Xilisoft DVD ripper to convert to AVI but for some reason they're not working. The filesize by itself is HUGE and I've already uploaded some of it but I quit because it's too big (the VOB files are like 1 gig each)

Can you help Bahati?

Thanks.

:confused:

nathalie
September 8th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks a lot Bahati :D

Fuzzy
September 8th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Hey awsome Bahati work ... thank god for your DVR mate!~

Quality is awsome to mate! Thank you for uploading this!!

;)

HasiraKali
September 8th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Awesome! I'll download this when I get home. :)

ThiagoPE
September 8th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Im dowloading it now,

If someone have some download problem, please report to me.

Lion_King_300
September 8th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Wow, what a fantastic video! Thanks for uploading it.

Now I really want you guys to see mine because it's a perfect compliment to Bahati's, his focuses a lot on the puppetry and michael Curry because he's local to Oregon and mine has a bit more information about the actors themselves and includes interviews with Taymor and Garth Fagan. It has some of the same information but most of it is different.

I was really surprised to see the amount of live footage from the actual play they used in the Behind the Curtain show, that was really cool and unexpected.

Now I just have to find a way to compress VOB files and convert them to AVI, maybe someone here knows how to do it? What program did you use Bahati?

simba2662
September 8th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Just when I thought there were no more LK broadway clips to view, this appears.

Thanks heaps bahati, :=)

ThiagoPE
September 8th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Lion King 300: use the dvdx program to convert the vob to divx.

If you have icq (15487527) or .net (msn or windows) messenger service (msn@thpe.net) try contact me for online help.

Lion_King_300
September 9th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Yaaay, I finally figured it out. It's uploading now. It's missing the last couple minutes, but you're only missing a short interview with costume supervisor Gillian Kadish (seen in Bahati's clip) where she shows a lioness costume up close and demonstrates how the mask stays on the head and how the tear ribbons flow out of the eyes.

Enjoy the video everyone, sorry I couldn't make the filesize smaller.

nathalie
September 9th, 2005, 08:53 AM
I have a dvd aswell from the Dutch musical, shows backstage stuff and interviews with the original creators, but I can't copy it onto my pc :(

Lion_King_300
September 9th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Finished uploading now, file size is *ugh* 670 megs. If someone knows how to compress it further (was ORIGINALLY 1 gigabyte) feel free to play around with it, but I just want to let everyone know it's up for the taking now.

It's one of those "leave your computer on overnight to download" things but it's worth it! Hope everyone likes the footage.

ThiagoPE
September 9th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Geez, 700 megabtes i think i can?t handle it by long time... just the frist video were donloaded more than 40 times (1.6 gb of transfer) if the same 40 downloads be made in this file it will be 27gb of transfer!

I will download the video and try recomprees it for it have a shorter size

imported_Rafiki
September 9th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Where is the video? Have I missed the link? :confused:

But thanks anyway for all the work! :cheese:

ThiagoPE
September 9th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Friends:

I ask for Lion king 300 don?t give the link for the file right now, because i will try recomprees it, the 700 megabytes of it could make my server enter in colapse and our "party" will be over...

Bahati
September 9th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I can see about making my own attempt at recompressing the video.

ThiagoPE
September 9th, 2005, 05:59 PM
well i finally managed to shorter the video size with less quality loss possible and here is the result:

http://files.thpe.net/leahalalela/TLKoBBP_complete.wmv

What was 672 mbytes is now 36!

Lion_King_300
September 9th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ThiagoPE
well i finally managed to shorter the video size with less quality loss possible and here is the result:

http://files.thpe.net/leahalalela/TLKoBBP_complete.wmv

What was 672 mbytes is now 36!

Wow you are freakin amazing!!! How in the world do make something 5% of it's original size???

thanks for compressing my video and for the webspace thiago!

ThiagoPE
September 9th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I simply used the WMP encoder ahd choosed the right compression rate.

I expect you all enjoy the videos, and if have some problem in downloading it, please report

Bahati
September 9th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Lion King 300, awesome contribution. The video you provided is overflowing with segments of the stage performance.

HasiraKali
September 9th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Yet another to download. I'll have to wait until I get to the other computer :) Thanks soooo much for sharing these y'all.

ThiagoPE
September 18th, 2005, 02:22 PM
well, since 5 days ago, i did not registred any donwload of the videos, so, Im asking for you all if i can delete it from my servers, now everyone already had downloaded them

Bahati
September 18th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I've no complaints about my video being removed from your space.

Mushroom
September 18th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Oooh, I think there's something up with the server, it will get like half-way through then say it's having network problems and close. I really want to see the whole thing.

ThiagoPE
September 18th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Try download it using download acelerators programs such getright.

I will keep it a little longer for you download

HasiraKali
September 18th, 2005, 11:34 PM
EDIT: Nevermind. I redownloaded it and it works fine now. ;)

Sharifu
September 28th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Those videos are great! It was so neat to see! I want to show them to my mom's friend, who sees musicals but doesn't seem to care to see TLKoB. (Which makes me mad) :p I think he thinks of it as the cartoon and doesn't want to see it... (Which is stupid) But I don't think he's even seen the movie.

Anyways Tim's video always stops at the same spot, but I think he said it's supposed to do that?