PDA

View Full Version : Merchandising Simba Toy at McDonalds

Sharifu
September 3rd, 2005, 11:04 PM
Well I walked to McDonalds today for lunch, and I saw the display for the toys, and it's Disneyland toys, with lots of Disney characters, and one of them was Simba! I was going to buy a toy if they had the Simba, but they didn't. I went to the McDonald's website and here's what they said about the new toys:

"McDonald's? Happy Meal? Featuring
Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth

September 2 - September 29, 2005 (while supplies last)

For the first time ever, all Disney Theme Parks around the world are joining together to celebrate 50 years of magic at Disney Parks and Resorts and the 50th anniversary of Disneyland with the biggest celebration in Disney history!

McDonald's? is joining the party by providing 10 collectible figurines, featuring the top Disney characters and unique 3D attraction cards. 100 lucky customers will unveil a 3D "winning card" that will make them potential winners to a trip for four to the Happiest Celebration on Earth at either Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort!

Toys offered in sequence while supplies last at participating McDonald's restaurants.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/ronald/happy.html.html
(You can click the link to see the toys, including the Simba toy.)

I'd like to get that Simba toy. :cheese: I don't know if international McDonalds have these toys right now or not, so I'm not sure if this is only in the US.

Fear The Paw
September 4th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Well thats nice to know

Sombolia
September 4th, 2005, 03:33 AM
I WANT X__________X

*goes to McDonalds* xD

Sharifu
September 4th, 2005, 04:02 AM
I want to win a trip to Disneyworld. Maybe I should get some of these toys. :p Well I at least want the Simba one.

Mizani
September 4th, 2005, 04:03 AM
OMG, I want it!!!
I hope they have it in Aus, though its probably most likely that we won't have it here:( Curses!

Sharifu
September 4th, 2005, 04:08 AM
Toys offered in sequence

Oy, I just noticed that now, so Simba is going to be the second to the last toy offered? I did ask McDonalds today what toy they had and it was the Mickey Mouse one. (The first one on the list) I wonder how often they change these toys?

Originally posted by Mizani
I hope they have it in Aus, though its probably most likely that we won't have it here:( Curses!

I was wondering that too, if this is only offered in the US... I was thinking if anyone who didn't live in the US wanted one, I can get enough for the people who wanted one... As long as they pay me back for the toy and include shipping. The toy I think was $1.89... It was that or around that price, from what I remember when I asked today.

nathalie
September 4th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Cool !

But they don't have those over here :( :grrr: *hehe*

thelionkingfan
September 4th, 2005, 03:55 PM
I hate it win they don't have tha toy ya want!

nathalie
September 4th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by thelionkingfan

You might wanna check your words, there's a sticky on Lea about writing methods, "proper English" so that everyone can understand everyone, since a lot of members here, don't have English as their first language :)

HasiraKali
September 4th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I had no idea there was going to be a Simba toy. I thought they were just going to be classic characters. I hate McDonald's food but for Simba, I will do anything. ;) If I can't get him there, there's always eBay. ;)

Kovu The Lion
September 4th, 2005, 04:51 PM
"ya" goes to "You" ;) Anyways yeah, there was something like this in Mcdonalds when The Lion King came out about 10 years ago.. Or when ever it came out >.< Can't remember.. but anyways I still have a Simba keychain from that ^_^ Its on my Car keys lol XD Its so cool :D

HasiraKali
September 4th, 2005, 05:06 PM
TLK is 11 ;) It's almost a teenager. :eek:

Storm90
September 4th, 2005, 05:50 PM
O_O

Must...Go...To...Mchdonalds.

*In a Trance*

Though I hate their food. :yuck: I'll just give it to my little brother, he'll eat anything. ^_^

thelionkingfan
September 7th, 2005, 11:10 PM
I went there today and I got a stupid Minnie Mouse one.

King Simba
September 7th, 2005, 11:17 PM
I don't usually eat McDonalds but if they happen to do these in the UK, I should head there and see if I can get one.

Cheers for the news. The Simba toy looks cool. :cool:

Sharifu
September 8th, 2005, 01:33 AM

I went there today and I got a stupid Minnie Mouse one.

You guys... Ask them what toy they have before you buy them! XD You can even call them before going if you want. And you don't have to buy a Happy Meal to get tht toy. But you do have to buy some food to buy the toy... You can just get like a cup of coffee and buy the toy. (Or a salad or ice cream or whatever, if you don't usually like to eat McDonalds food)

HasiraKali
September 8th, 2005, 01:42 AM
That's what I do. :) Back in the day, we'd call Burger King every week to see what toy they had. :lol:

Sharifu
September 8th, 2005, 01:48 AM
Omg HasiraKali we did the same thing when Burger King had TLK toys back in 1994... My mom would call every Burger King in our city so we could get all the toys. We got all of them too. :D

HasiraKali
September 8th, 2005, 01:59 AM
:lol: We did that towards the end to get any that I was missing.

King Simba
September 8th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Once I ended up going to McDonalds at different times and I got the same toy for some reason. :lol:

nathalie
September 8th, 2005, 08:48 AM
I remember in 1994, we went every Sunday for 1 month, boy, did my dad hated me :D

But back then, you couldn't buy the toys seperate. Now, whenever I want one, I just go inside, and buy the toy without any food.

Sharifu
September 11th, 2005, 02:19 AM
I didn't think you can just go in and buy the toy without any food.

nathalie
September 11th, 2005, 10:24 AM
They don't know weather I've already been in there (eating) so, *lol*

Sharifu
September 16th, 2005, 06:51 AM
But still, I thought food had to be bought at the time of the purchase as the toy. But well maybe not! I guess I'll see.

I called the three McDonalds in this city that my mom lives in. Still no Simba yet. All three McDonalds had different toys. The first one I called, I asked them how often their toys change. I did not understand her answer, it was frustering. She was talking about numbers and boxes. I don't think she understood English very well. But I will call again soon.

nathalie
September 16th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Maybe the restaurants over here aren't that strict on it, or something.

Roku
September 16th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I want that! :evilgrin:

HasiraKali
September 16th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I don't buy the happy meals anymore either. I just buy the toys. Even if you don't buy food, you're still buying something from them and that's all they care about. :)

Kiara Serengeti
September 16th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Anyone how much they are to buy separate??

nathalie
September 16th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
The toy I think was $1.89... It was that or around that price, from what I remember when I asked today.

Sharifu
September 17th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
I don't buy the happy meals anymore either. I just buy the toys. Even if you don't buy food, you're still buying something from them and that's all they care about. :)

I don't buy Happy Meals either. I just usually buy a regular meal and then ask for the toy.

Maybe you guys are right. I just remember going to Burger King just to buy a toy, and they wouldn't let me unless I bought some food too.

Kopa
September 17th, 2005, 05:05 AM
I just got that Simba today. I had to ask what toys they had after I ordered my meal, and they said that all they had left was Simba and Buzz Lightyear. :cheese:

Sharifu
September 17th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Aww lucky you! ^_^

I'll keep trying! ;)

Kopa
September 17th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Hopfully you get it too Sharifu ^__^ :cheese:

HasiraKali
September 18th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Man. And my dad and sister just went to Walmart that has a McDonalds. :( Maybe I'll call them tomorrow ;)

thelionkingfan
September 19th, 2005, 10:05 PM
what time should they get the simba?

Sharifu
September 20th, 2005, 03:12 AM
what time should they get the simba?

It depends on how big your city is really. They change their toys whenever then run out.

Yay! I got the Simba toy today! :cheese:

It was weird how I got it though. My mom asked me if I wanted to go to McDonalds for lunch, which I thought was weird because she doesn?t like McDonalds much at all. So I called all four McDonalds in this city too see if they had the Simba toy. (Before I thought there were three McDonalds here, but there is actually four) Anyways, one of the McDonalds had Buzz Lighter, so I thought they would have Simba too. If they really are going in order, I believe Simba would be next. They also said they have some Stitches left. I asked them, ?You don?t have Simba?? And they said, ?No.? (All the other McDonalds didn?t have them either, but I didn?t ask them if they had Simba, they just told me what they had.) So my mom and I picked up my sister from school, and my mom asked my sister if she wanted to go to McDonalds. She didn?t really like the idea and wanted to eat somewhere else. I said I didn?t really care because they didn?t have the Simba toy. So as we?re driving we pass a McDonalds, then my sister said, ?Oh man, now I do want McDonalds!? So we turn around and go in. We order our meal and I felt like asking them what toy they had, even though I called them before. But I thought to myself, why would I need to ask them now when they said they didn?t have Simba when I called them on the phone? But anyways after we ordered and was waiting for our meal I looked over the counter and saw the bin of toys and they looked like Simba to me. I called my sister over and asked her, ?Don?t those toys look like Simba to you?? And my sister said, ?Yeah.? So I go in line again and ask them, ?Are those toys Simba?? And the girl looks at them and says, ?I think so.? XD Anyways I could tell they were Simba and I asked how much they were. Only $1.25! A lot cheaper then the toys being sold near my dad?s house in California, plus there is no sales tax in Oregon. This is the McDonalds I called, and the only one I asked, ?No Simba?? And they said no! :grrr: I almost didn?t get the toy numerous times today, because when I called them they said they didn?t have the Simba toy. (They almost missed out on making a profit today from my family eating lunch there and me buying a couple of toys) Sometimes I think it?s just better to go to the McDonald?s yourself, because I?ve had this problem before in the past with calling them and asking what kind of toys they have. It?s really annoying. (Not just McDonalds, but Burger King too)

Anyways I got a couple and opened one of them. The Simba is so cute, I love the pose, it?s like he?s ready to pounce. I don?t really care too much for the stand and the card, but I just like the Simba, it can stand on it?s own without the Mickey Mouse head shaped stand. I think I will put in my car on the dash board or something. :p I just wish they made his ear?s black like they are supposed to be! But oh well.

Anyways I am offering to get a Simba for anyone who wants one (or more then one) if they pay me back! That McDonalds had a bunch of them and it?s only $1.25. I could go back tomorrow. I am pretty sure international McDonalds out of the US don?t have these toys, so I would be willing to get some for anyone who wants one. (Even if you live in the US too) XD

Lion_King_300
September 20th, 2005, 04:19 AM
Hey that's awesome Sharifu! I should start calling around the McD's in my area too to see if Simba has arrived yet.

Nice story!

Sharifu
September 21st, 2005, 07:05 AM
Oh yeah, another thing to add to the story. As I was talking to my mom and sister while we were eating, I said, "Hey! They're playing The Circle of Life!" (The Elton John version.) Then my sister said, "Oh brother Audra!" :lol:

Melody of Scar
September 21st, 2005, 07:46 PM
"Anyways I am offering to get a Simba for anyone who wants one (or more then one) if they pay me back! That McDonalds had a bunch of them and it?s only $1.25. I could go back tomorrow. I am pretty sure international McDonalds out of the US don?t have these toys, so I would be willing to get some for anyone who wants one. (Even if you live in the US too) XD"

I would love you?

I'm avoiding walking into a McDonalds at all costs - I used to love eating there but I'm trying to diet and lose weight, and I know that if I went in I'd get food too. X.x

But if you could buy me two and I'll pay for the both of them plus a little extra for you and shipping, I'd appreciate it greatly. :cheese: ( Two so I can open one and play with it. XD )

nathalie
September 21st, 2005, 07:52 PM
I'd love one ...

But don't know if I could go to the bank for just 5 $, think they would laugh at me, haha *lol*

HasiraKali
September 21st, 2005, 10:01 PM
How kind! What would the shipping/handling be on that Sharifu? I might call around tomorrow and see if I can find it first but if not, I'll totally take you up on that offer. :)

Sharifu
September 21st, 2005, 10:23 PM
Sure Melody of Scar, I'll get you two. :)

Nathalie did you send me the payment for the VHS? I don't mind waiting of course but I'm just wondering. If you didn't yet, you can add a few dollars to it for the Simba toy. (If you want to save on shipping I can give it to you in Paris) XD Or if you already sent the payment to me, I was actually thinking of getting you one for a birthday present or to add with your birthday present... I know you wanted to give me a present for my birthday. I was planning on getting you a Simba toy from McDonalds to add what I was going to get for you, once I figure out what that is. :lol:

And HasiraKali I don't know how much shipping would be but I think it would probably be like $2 to $3, maybe at the very most $4. (If I ship it in a padded envelope) Or if you want me to ship it in a box I can do that too, it would probably be more though. If also depends on how many you want but I can?t imagine it would be much at all. Especially since you live in the US. (Like I think it would be around $2)

nathalie
September 22nd, 2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu

Nathalie did you send me the payment for the VHS? I don't mind waiting of course but I'm just wondering. If you didn't yet, you can add a few dollars to it for the Simba toy. (If you want to save on shipping I can give it to you in Paris) XD Or if you already sent the payment to me, I was actually thinking of getting you one for a birthday present or to add with your birthday present... I know you wanted to give me a present for my birthday. I was planning on getting you a Simba toy from McDonalds to add what I was going to get for you, once I figure out what that is. :lol:

*lol* Yeah, already sended that, didn't I tell you? *blush*
But yeah, you know how long it takes before it reaches the US ... :cringe:

And there is a little pressy in there too, not much, but still ... I hope you like Lion King stuff :p

Sharifu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:01 AM
Oh cool. ^_^ I can't wait to get it. :) Well I'll be going back to my dad's house in California this Sunday.

I'll try to get some more Simba toys in the morning. :cheese:

HasiraKali
September 23rd, 2005, 01:28 AM
So I can't find a McDonald's that has him. :( Sharifu? :D

Sharifu
September 23rd, 2005, 04:01 AM
:lol: How many do you want HasiraKali? :p

I didn't end up going to McDonalds today anyways since I was busy helping my mom a lot. I'll go tomorrow though. XD I'll make sure of it.

Ashara
September 23rd, 2005, 08:11 PM
I saw those today! But my friend was there...and he already thinks I'm insane.

HasiraKali
September 23rd, 2005, 08:49 PM
Just one please. :) Thanks sooooo much.

CantSeewell
September 23rd, 2005, 10:43 PM
Simba Toy! i want him:cheese:

Opera Ghost
September 23rd, 2005, 10:51 PM
That Simba looks cool hehe

Sharifu
September 24th, 2005, 05:06 AM
I got some today... Actaully I went to the same McDonalds as I did before and they were out of Simba. So I went to a different McDonalds in town and luckly they had some. Although these toys at this McDonalds cost $1.50. I hope you guys don't mind, paying a little more. :p So Melody of Scar and HasiraKali I will be sending you a PM soon. ;)

thelionkingfan
September 24th, 2005, 05:41 AM
I might go to mcdonalds tomarrow but if we don't I might go the next day.I WANT THE SIMBA!

Sombolia
September 24th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Oh man, I forgot to tell my mom to ask when she went to McDonalds the other day :( I'll have to check this weekend sometime..

Lion_King_300
September 24th, 2005, 07:01 PM
I just bought a happy meal on the way to work today and was able to get the simba toy, it's cute! It comes with a cool lenticular card also featuring an exhibit at Walt Disney World like the Animal Kingdom safari.

Sharifu
September 24th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Hey you know what Tim, mine came with a pic of the Jungle Cruise. I thought it was going to have a picture of the Animal Kingdom Safari at Disneyworld like the one you got. :p I guess the toys have more then one picture on the card that fits their theme.

Lion_King_300
September 25th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I think you're right - it'll be interesting to buy a few more and see how many African themed attractions they have! I might get another one before they run out.

Akiko
September 26th, 2005, 09:22 AM
The second I saw this advertised on tv I freaked out, :idiot: I collect almost anything tlk I can get my paws on. :o Naturally, I hafta' get this. o.o My mom went once 'ta check and they didn't have simba.

It makes it hard for me too, I'm a vegetarian and there's not much to get there that doesn't have meat in it...:vitgrr: I can just get the toy and a fruit salad. :p ;)

I'm still keeping an eye out for it, it's so cute...hafta' get...all cute tlk stuff...all the...

okay, I'm not insane...really...:uhno:

:vitsm: heh, okay, alright...justa' little

Sharifu
May 12th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Ok, I'm bringing back this topic because I still have some new, still sealed Simba toys that I bought last year. Melody of Scar wanted to buy two from me, by then she stopped contacting me about it, and I was holding two for her. Well I don't think she'll ever contact me about it anymore, since I was the last one who asked her about it, and I saw that she read the PM, and just never said anything about it. So now, as I'm cleaning my room, there are things I don't need, and I didn't buy all these Simba toys for myself. :p I would sell them on Ebay, but I thought I would ask my Lea buddies first. :) Now that I got a digital camera for Christmas, I'll post some pics of the toy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/birdygirl85/SimbaToy1.jpg
A pic of the toy without the stand.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/birdygirl85/SimbaToy2.jpg
A pic of the toy with the stand and the card.
(These are pics of my opened toy)

If any of you TLK collectors want one (or more) of these toys that is still new, go ahead and ask me. It's first come first serve. All I ask for is $1.50, the cost of the toy, and a couple dollars for shipping. (I will find out exact shipping if I know you want one, or two, or how ever many you want) I know these toys don't cost that much, but back when I posted this topic, I had some people tell me they wanted one, but didn't offer me anything in return. I know it doesn't cost much, but if I did this free for everyone, it would just add up for me. The cost of the toys, the cost of buying the padded envelopes, the shipping, and of course me walking to the Post Office. But if you guys are interested, I have four new ones. Let me know!

Simba_2004
May 12th, 2006, 12:50 PM
how can I pay you for one? Do you use PayPal, or would you want a money order?

Sharifu
May 12th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Money Order is fine with me... I don't really have my own PayPal account.

You can PM with your address and I can find out how much shipping will be and buy an padded envolope at work. (I work at Target)

Sharifu
September 28th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Bumping this thread again.

Jackandsimba, did you still want one of these Simba toys? You told me you were going to buy one last June.

I have three of these new Simba toys left. (But if Jackandsimba does get one of these toys, there will be two left)

I still would like to know if anyone else would like one (or more), before I start to sell them on ebay. :)

Kiara Serengeti
September 28th, 2006, 04:25 PM
What form of payment (money order, check, cash?) would you use? How much would you charge for s&h as well as the Simba? :)

Sharifu
September 28th, 2006, 11:19 PM
I can take money order or cash. (I've sent some things already to a few Lea members, like Nathalie, HasiraKali, and Simba 04. So you can ask them if you aren't so sure about sending me money.) The toy is only $1.50. Shipping depends on where you live... If you live in the U.S., you can PM your zip code and I can find out for you... :) (If you live in the U.S., shipping will be less then $2.00) And I would be willing to ship out of the U.S. too. Just PM me and let me know. :-)

nathalie
September 29th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Sharifu is totally trustable ^_^