PDA

View Full Version : Birthday threads.

unregistered user
August 28th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I would like to suggest that you refrain from posting a birthday thread for them if he/she is a member who is inactive or that you never even said a word to (or typed).

Let the members who know them (if they do) to make that thread.

Another suggestion would be that you do something special in the threads, not just say happy birthday and be done with it.

Do something that the birthdayee would enjoy and maybe make him/her feel more special on that day, it only happens once a year you know.

This is just a suggestion but I just feel like it would be worthwile because right now, it seems that the birthday threads are just a "Happy birthday" with a smilie attached to it, I find that slightly boring and short.

And if you dont know what to do ask another member if they can help you in this endavour.

The reason that I keep this as a suggestion is that we have alot of members and birthdays are frequent.

I hope you like the idea.

LunarCat
August 28th, 2005, 05:13 PM
yes i like it! :D :cheese:

Nalinda
August 28th, 2005, 07:19 PM
I think it's a very good idea! ;)

Monai
August 28th, 2005, 09:21 PM
I agree, and not just because I very rarely get to make any birthday threads. XD

Juniper
August 28th, 2005, 10:32 PM
I have to agree, would you rather see a person you hardly ever talk to make you a thread (usually just trying to be first to say happy birthday), or would you rather a good friend do so?

unregistered user
August 29th, 2005, 01:55 PM
go it capt :)
thanks for the info

Aurelian
December 17th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Hey guys, remember this? Don't make birthday threads for inactive members, as it is a waste of space.

Credit to Wicked for remembering.

unregistered user
December 17th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I'll try to remember that.
yes people blame me for bad mistake

Aurelian
December 17th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I think your a little over eager, Zack. BUt that is actually a good thing. It shows that you are eager to give out complements and make people happy. I'm just saying, is it worth your breath to give sombody a complement they will never know about?

As for your neice, she is not an active Lea member, and you could much easier wish her a happy birthday in person.

unregistered user
December 17th, 2005, 07:01 PM

Juniper
December 18th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Also as Boos said, can't we leave making birthday threads to the individual person's friends? I mean, it seems like a race that some people have to get the next days birthdays in, which kind of defeats the whole puropose of the thread.

Tiikeri
December 18th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by pntbll248
would you rather see a person you hardly ever talk to make you a thread (usually just trying to be first to say happy birthday), or would you rather a good friend do so?
If that were the case then nobody would make one for me ;)

I gotta agree too, birthday threads should only really be made to people who are actually gonna read them, hence the inactive memebers no longer getting a thread. But it would be nice to get a thread and something special from a good friend, although my only fear is that this will eventually lose it's sparkle and become as plain as "happy birthday :D" so if we are going to do this, we'd need to come up with something original and unique for the person in question, rather than just coming up with a specific phrase or what not to use on every birthday thread, and I'm worried that people will eventually run out of ideas and will just revert to the old "happy birthday :D" habit, which knowing my luck would happen in my birthday thread :p

So there's my 2 ha'pennies.

King Simba
December 18th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by pntbll248
I have to agree, would you rather see a person you hardly ever talk to make you a thread (usually just trying to be first to say happy birthday), or would you rather a good friend do so?
*nods* I'd rather have a good and close friend make the thread for me instead of just a random person who I hardly/never speak to. It doesn't quite have it's feel the same as a thread that's been made by a close friend I feel. :thinks:

If the member/friend who makes the thread writes a bit more than just plain and simple "happy birthday" then that'd be much more of a bonus too. Especially hearing something come from a good and close friend--it actually makes you feel a lot better about yourself. For example, they could write down a few lines about the person who's B-day it is and why they're good friends with them. Although I think it would be too much similar to the endearment and praise threads people keep making, I still think it's a pretty cool idea. Just my contribution of course--people can either agree or disagree. I don't mind. =)

Same as I and many people have said many times--everyone is entitled to their own opinions. ;)