PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King 3d Hype!

Guntur
May 26th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Since The Lion King will be return this year with special edition and 3D movies! We should promote this site and prepare for the new fans of The Lion King. ;) Guess it is our time again, a wonderful heyday like in 2004-2007. =)

Sadiki
May 26th, 2011, 10:30 PM
That is quite a stretch.. I would rather say 2003-2005 of course we had people join after but it wasn't that steady flow.

Anyways.. it's kind of interesting to see how many people 3D edition and bluray actually effect on, after all the movie is already 17 years old so a lot of the kids who are going to see it now for the first time have been not even born or have been really young when the DVD even came out. Well let's hope it does start a third generation of fans and lets also hope it sparks disney to create some more cool looking TLK stuff XD

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 26th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Been saying it for ages... We need to get the site at the top of the Google results, and make sure we're ready for all the new members!
:D

Azerane
May 26th, 2011, 11:29 PM
And that's what I've been wondering, how does one get Lea to the top of google searches? :confused:

I couldn't care about the 3D, but I'm dying to see the movie in theatres again. Can't wait. And I too am interested in what sort of merch will come of it.

HasiraKali
May 26th, 2011, 11:59 PM
OMG merch! :lol:

I'll look into the Google thing this weekend. For sure once I get back from Florida, I'll be able to do some more promotion.

Sharifu
May 27th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I am actually looking forward to seeing TLK in 3D. This will be the first 2D animated film to be released in 3D, and I'm curious to see the kind of depth the 3D will give it. But I am very glad it will be released in the theaters too. I don't have a 3D TV yet and I don't think I would of been able to see TLK in 3D for a very long time if it wasn't re-released in theaters as well.

Nuduli
May 27th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Wow I totally missed this, when and where is it being in theatres??

I had a website and somehow it got listed 1 or 2 in the google searches. :thinks: I believe my advertising, joining fanlistings, affiliating, and listing in some web directories helped with the traffic. So perhaps, that could help Lea?

Sharifu
May 27th, 2011, 07:24 PM
In the U.S., It will be released in theaters on September 16 for a limited time. The Blu-ray will come out October 4.

Guntur
May 27th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Affiliation give a little help on promoting unless you make a thread that caught people's attention to it!

My opinion? I really think the page will speak itself after the announcement and the traffic steadily increase this year. =)

King Simba
May 27th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Well let's hope it does start a third generation of fans and lets also hope it sparks disney to create some more cool looking TLK stuff XD
Now that'd be awesome. If only my bank account would allow it. :lol:

TLK is going to look awesome in 3D. No doubt about that, even if 3D isn't everyone's favourite. ;) I'm glad they're releasing TLK in cinemas, for the reasons Audra said, and also for the fact that while it will allow us older generations to see it again, it will also allow newer generations to see it too, so maybe that could help with our fan numbers. :)

Nalas
May 29th, 2011, 04:14 AM
I'm actually excited for the 3D theater release! When I saw it advertised on t.v., I literally grinned like this: :D

This is going to be freakin' EPIC. Especially with the theater's surround sound system! I didn't get a chance to see this movie in theaters back in the 90's, so, hopefully, I'll get my chance this time! :D

Vidan
May 30th, 2011, 10:11 AM
And that's what I've been wondering, how does one get Lea to the top of google searches? :confused:

I added "lion king blu ray" to the meta search keywords imbedded into every page, the meta description now reads, "A forum dedicated to Disney's animated movie, The Lion King, run by fans. Celebrate the Lion King Blu Ray release!", and the page title now displays as "Lea Halalela Lion King Forum". Hopefully that helps.

Guntur
May 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Haha, your post is exactly what I am thinking Vidan. :D

Indeed IMO this helps better by promoting the site by put important headlines of the forum and the site!

Dare
May 30th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Has anyone contacted Brian Tiemann about getting the link for Lea updated? The link currently points to the old .net address.
http://www.lionking.org/interactive.html

Azerane
May 30th, 2011, 11:21 PM
^Wicked, I haven't done that yet, dunno about anyone else. Last time he was pretty efficient about changing it so he may not have been e-mailed yet.

I added "lion king blu ray" to the meta search keywords imbedded into every page, the meta description now reads, "A forum dedicated to Disney's animated movie, The Lion King, run by fans. Celebrate the Lion King Blu Ray release!", and the page title now displays as "Lea Halalela Lion King Forum". Hopefully that helps.

This is perhaps getting a little off-topic, but this is what I get when I search for the page title, I can't help but notice that my thread titled 'Lea Halalela' on My Lion King Forum is the first result, at least it links to that thread ;) If you don't include Lea Halalela however, you don't seem to get much. The title that gets listed in the google search... "Forum - Lea Halalela" would it help if that got changed to "Lion King Forum -Lea Halalela" Can it be changed?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Azerane/LeaGoogle.jpg

Vidan
May 31st, 2011, 09:52 AM
I think we may still have to wait for the Google spiders to notice the changes. When this happens the title of the forum should show up as "Lea Halalela Lion King Forum" with any web search, and hopefully will be on the first page of search results for just the words "lion king forum".

HasiraKali
May 31st, 2011, 10:03 PM
*sets out spider bait* What do Google spiders eat anyway?

Guntur
May 31st, 2011, 10:36 PM

I will take the silk for decoration, make and produce my own shirt. :p

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 31st, 2011, 11:23 PM

Money.

:cool:

Azerane
June 1st, 2011, 11:40 AM
I think we may still have to wait for the Google spiders to notice the changes. When this happens the title of the forum should show up as "Lea Halalela Lion King Forum" with any web search, and hopefully will be on the first page of search results for just the words "lion king forum".

Fantastic! I tested out the search today and found us on page 4! That's a HUGE improvement from me browsing 16 or so pages of results previously and not finding us. Is my belief correct that if we google search lion king forum and go to the lea link and browse a few pages, it will eventually increase our ranking due to the number of people using that link from the search results?

Sadiki
June 1st, 2011, 05:57 PM
with search " Lion king forum" we come up as 36th which is pretty good considering we been around for only a month and a half now. And I think that is the search result we want to be high on as if someone is looking for a lion king forum to join on they are not going to write in the lea halalela part unless they are already aware of us. What comes to getting more visible on search engines... it's time and a visibility on web. The more the site is advertised on other sites related to lion king the more traffic and more hits we get.

Dare
June 1st, 2011, 06:20 PM
One thing about Google searches that I've found - the search results may be skewed if you're logged into your Google account at the time. I'm starting to think that IP addresses play a role too...'course, that could be me just being paranoid. 80% of my job is messing around with SEOing & SERPs and after while you start to see things...I think Google is slowly eroding my brain.

Sadiki
June 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM
it appears we have rocketed from 36th spot to 14th in just 3 days... so soon we will be on first page with search words " Lion king forum ". And I'm not logged on Google account so no screwiness in that :p

Azerane
June 5th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Ooh, 11th spot for me. Top of the second page! :D

King Simba
June 5th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I see Lea at the bottom of the first page now. :ooo:

Azerane
June 5th, 2011, 12:52 PM
^If I search for "lion king forum" with quotes, it's my 7th result, without quotes it's 11.

Guntur
June 5th, 2011, 02:42 PM
For some weird reason whenever I log on to my gmail it's on second page. but the forum are on first page on default. ;)

King Simba
June 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM
^If I search for "lion king forum" with quotes, it's my 7th result, without quotes it's 11.
Hmm, that's interesting. It comes up as 7th for me too when I search for it with the quotes, otherwise it's still 10th for me. :hmm:

I wonder, could it be something to do with what version of Google we're using?

Wide Eyed Wanderer
June 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Nice to see us flying up the charts!
:cool:

Sadiki
June 5th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Putting something in quotes in google makes it search the entire sentence in the form it's written. So if you put "Lion king forum" in search box it's gonna find only things that have exact match, so it wont find a place that says somewhere along the lines " once there was a lion who was a king of his pride. This forum is dedicated to that special lion", where if it wasn't in quotes it would eventually find that forum with those words. Also differences on hits are also explained by what location are you looking the site from, but knowing that we are close to being on first page or on first page in some locations is pretty good.

still 8th in quotes and 14th without in Pacific northwest... Not bad, not bad at all.

Azerane
June 9th, 2011, 12:01 AM
:shouts: Everybody looooook!!! :o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Azerane/YAY.jpg

HasiraKali
June 9th, 2011, 01:36 AM
:wow: That is some great news!

It's not number one when I Google, but at least it's number one somewhere!

King Simba
June 9th, 2011, 06:56 AM
My Lion King is at the top on Google for me, and Lea is at the top of the 2nd page, but that's great to see Lea in its rightful number one spot! :D I hope it gets there everywhere soon.

Wide Eyed Wanderer
June 9th, 2011, 07:03 AM
:D :cheese:

Awesomesauce.

So we've defeated the other TLK forums...next stop, the Justin Bieber forums... :evilgrin: