PDA

View Full Version : became Godmother today

nathalie
May 25th, 2011, 06:59 PM
This morning around 11am my sister-in-law gave birth to their 2nd son.

I have nothing with kids, I just don't have that mother feeling ...
I'm already 28 (almost, this year) I never had it, I doubt it'll ever come.

My sister-in-law knew this, and that I wasn't really jumping on being Godmother.
Despite all that, on Xmas eve they asked me anyways, and I guess it was just an honor they still asked me, so I decided to say yes.

They like Dutch (Netherlands) names, and called him Karsten.
49cm / 3,045kg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/moorhunhe/DSCN1290.jpg

KanuTGL
May 25th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Aww, how sweet :) Congrats, Nath!

Guntur
May 25th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Sweet. =) Congratulations Nath. He will be proud of you!

shadowland
May 25th, 2011, 10:27 PM
awwwww hes kyooooot =3

looks like hes playing the harmonica lolol x3

lionloversam
May 25th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Congratulations, Nathalie.

HasiraKali
May 25th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Awww congrats Nathalie! :D

Safila
May 25th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Thats very ubercool. hope you don't have to change many nappies.. but he should have one of these http://www.giftzone.co.uk/image/cache/nici-toy-koala-35cm-400x400.jpg

Simbaspirit
May 25th, 2011, 11:57 PM
awwwwww.... congrats! So cute!

Sadiki
May 26th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Congratulations for your Sister-in-law and your brother as well as for you.

And I know what you mean about not having that feeling... I don't know what to think of kids at the moment. I have nothing against kids really, just don't really have a huge urge for having them around... yet when my sister asked if I wanted to be a godfather for their second child, I immediately said yes and was quite honored and surprised.

Leorgathar
May 26th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Congratulations Nathalie, it's a great honor indeed :) and gotta say, that kid has a really awesome name ;)

I'm a godfather too, for my cousin's daughter. I limit myself to pay some visits and give birthday and Christmas gifts, but that's about it for now :lol: As for me and kids, I think like kids to some degree, I think that'll be good for when I study odontopediatrics and have children as patients :uhno: And as many know, I'd like to have kids in the future, not that I'm prepared for it, of course, it'll take a good while to realize when I am.

King Simba
May 26th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Aww, he's adorable. :) Congrats Nathalie!

As for me with kids, I can't say I'm really a kiddie person either. I don't mind them, but I really don't feel interested in them. I would like to have kids of my own in the future, as I feel it'll be different with my own than other people's kids, but I think I'll wait until I'm married and older first. I don't want to have to take kids on my honeymoon. ;) Or have hassle finding someone to look after them. Plus I just think it's better that way, if the parents stay together and are in a stable relationship both emotionally and financially. It's more fair on the kids.

I don't want an excessive amount of children though... maybe 2 or so. :) And if I ever have twins, they'll both come at once... a boy and a girl together would be great. :lol: I don't know how these families have like 15 kids or more, the thought of childbirth is bad enough for me. :cringe:

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 26th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Congrats Nath!
:)

Lion King Stu
May 26th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Congrats godmommybuns :D
Congrats to your sis in law as well ^^

nathalie
May 26th, 2011, 10:50 AM

I'm kind of proud, I don't know, even though I keep thinking I should have said "no", because it was totally against my principles, but for once I had to put those asside to also keep peace in my family ...

I didn't say "yes" straight away eather, about 2 months later.
But was having doubts a couple of weeks back, but didn't had the courage to say something :(
My mom would have done something to me :s

I'm a very selfish person, I don't wanna spend stuff on a kid that isn't mine.
Or if it was mine, sacrifice my life for it.

Since I was little I've always said I didn't want kids, and I still feel that way.
(curses with my boyfriend though, lol)

It might get better / different when he's a little older.

I'm sure he's gonna get spoiled from my side, but I definatly am not the one who's going to volunteer to babysit, at least not for a whole day or weekend or something.

I just can't deal with kids till they're like 7 or so.

Yesterday I was at the hospital, it was cute and all, but I had no desire on picking it up and such.
My sister on the other hand ... they should have asked her really ...

I was like: please take him back
My sister was like: taking him back already ???

Utora
May 26th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Congrats Nathalie! :hugs:

ThiagoPE
May 26th, 2011, 06:55 PM
My congrats for you nath

Kopa
May 27th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Very cute. ^_^ Congrats Nathalie! :hugs:

Shadow
May 28th, 2011, 04:56 AM
ahww grats ^^

HasiraKali
May 28th, 2011, 05:17 AM
I have 150 kids. :p

One of them asked me if I wanted kids of my own one day and I said "After dealing with y'all all year, I don't think I'll ever have kids. Teaching is the best birth control ever." They thought that was funny.