PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride Simba's Pride thread

Kiara Serengeti
August 4th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I couldn't find any general SP threads in the search, just specifics like Kopa, Vitani, Nuka's death, etc...so here we can talk about everything in SP
--------
I made a list of PRO'S and CON'S in SP

Pros:
-Adult Kiara is cool!
-Nuka, Vitani, Zira, and Kovu are awesome new characters.
-Interesting storyline if you look beyond the flaws
-I personally liked the skies better in SP :D
-I liked how the prides (Outsiders and Pridelanders) united
-I liked the opening scene as much as CoL

Cons:
-IMO, cub Kiara is annoying as heck
-Some of the animation is poor
-IMO, the Simba in SP is horribly annoying
-Nala is different
-No explanation is given as to where the outsiders came from and why Simba hates them so much, etc.

SO...

Sombolia
August 4th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
Pros:
-Adult Kiara is cool!

1) No.. no.
2) True, true. But Kovu goes from bad to goody-goody with one "Yeehaw!", and Vitani seems to make the change a little too fast, too.
3) SP is just a rehash of Romeo and Juliet, but without the tragedy. The plot, IMHO, was boring and predictable - I mean c'mon, didn't everyone know what was gonna happen?
4) Yes, the skies were very pretty, but I don't see how that makes the movie better.
5) see #3
6) Well.. I hafta agree with that.

Sorry if I seem anti-SP.. I like it a bit, but not nearly as much as TLK or even TLK1.5. Herm.

Kiara Serengeti
August 4th, 2005, 10:39 PM
That's alright, Sombolia. SP wasn't the greatest. But Kovu and Kiara were in there :slimey:

King Simba
August 4th, 2005, 10:58 PM
The highlight of SP was Kovu, IMO. :idiot: He made the movie somewhat better.

Melody of Scar
August 4th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by King Simba
The highlight of SP was Kovu, IMO. :idiot: He made the movie somewhat better.

Ebil Kovu, perhaps.

I was a fan of pre-united Nuka and Vitani, actually.

Sombolia
August 4th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Yeah, me too. I think Nuka & Vitani are the only ones I really like.. Kovu was cool, but like I said, made the change a little too fast..

Shoukai
August 4th, 2005, 11:53 PM
I liked the movie alot, basically because it gave me more time to spend with some of the characters, as well as the new ones.Simba, though over protective, had an interesting character. He put on some wieght though :lol:

simba2662
August 5th, 2005, 12:03 AM
I dont mind adult Kiara but am a big fan of Kovu and Vitani. I def prefer the skies in LK and nothing can replace the Circle of Life. I luv He lives in you but there was just something missing that I cant put my finger on.

I rekon there should have been some flashback where they showed Simba exhiling the outlanders. I dont recon Zira would have gone that easy.

unregistered user
August 5th, 2005, 01:31 AM
There is alreadya thread about this:
http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?threadid=95&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

I'll merge it once Kiara S sees this post so she doesn't make a duplicate one later on, wondering where it went ;) ;)

Anyway.. my views on Simba's Pride...

Seeing as how Nuka is my favorite Lion King character of all, I of course like Simba's Pride.

Pros:
-Nuka, Vitani, and Kovu
-One of Us
-Zira is very unique as a villain, she wants not for herself but for another's desires to be fulfilled
-Disney showed a character die! Too bad it was Nuka :tears: *glances over at Kiara* :evilgrin: x)

Cons:
-Nuka and Vitani got little screen time
-They cut out Zira's suicide
-They cut out Kovu's bug sequence
-They cut out Nuka's real ending
-Simba is drawn and portayed completely differently then he was at all int he previous film
-Nala just randomly pops in and out of the film with her eyes all changed ><
-Zazu's original voice is no longer there
-The word "Yee Haw"
-The word "Beeper"
-Kopa was not included in the movie
-Mufasa in the clouds was a bit corny, but alright I guess
-Kiara, just.. Kiara >>;

Personally, I don't think that Kovu and Vitani did change that rapidly. Kovu wasn't a bad cub, and a part of that par tof him probably always wanted to be free but wasn't sure if it should or not, seeing as all he ever heard was what Zira told him. And Vitani, she's just smart. It was pointed out to her, and she saw the logic in it.

Also, on adding Kopa intot he mix, Kovu and him could've fought like in Romeo and Juliet perhaps x)

va-kasi
August 5th, 2005, 01:37 AM
ack, I don't agree with many of the cons.

But hey.

So when are we going to analyse the original into pros and cons?

Melody of Scar
August 5th, 2005, 04:35 AM
I think Nuka's real ending should have been kept in. It showed how that all he wanted his entire life was for Zira to love him or at least pay attention to him, and it took his death for her to do so. It would have been so much more depressing ending on the note they intended it to.

I made an icon with his final quote, actually. I was using it before this one.

And Zira commiting suicide wasn't completely cut out - looking at grabs, there's an obvious smile on her face as she falls:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Sanaki/Lion%20King%20Stuffz0r/zira64.jpg

They did cut out her grin and the "No... Never," so it isn't quite as obvious, but there's still a hint of suicide there.

At least IMHO. ^_^

Sombolia
August 5th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Melody of Scar
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Sanaki/Lion%20King%20Stuffz0r/zira64.jpg

Aha! I thought I saw her grinning, but I thought maybe it was just me being crazy xP

Melody of Scar
August 5th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Aha! I thought I saw her grinning, but I thought maybe it was just me being crazy xP

You're 100% not crazy!

...When you thought you saw Zira grinning! :evilgrin:

Sombolia
August 5th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Wow, STL.. :lol: You're the first person I've ever heard say Mufasa was good-looking :p

Kovu and Vitani were fairly good looking.. er, as good-looking as lions can be, I suppose..?

King Simba
August 5th, 2005, 07:28 AM
:lol: Well Muffy isn't bad looking. ;)

Sombolia
August 5th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Well he's not ugly, I'm just sayin', STL's the first. :p

Lucy Lioness
August 5th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Offtopic: Mufasa says 'grrrr'
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/lucylioness/Signatures/MufasaKing.png
Hehe.

I agree with Ravoc on most things about SP. :D Vitani and Nuka definitely need more airtime. And the beeper thing bugs me. :D

King Simba
August 5th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Nice Muffy sig. :cheese:

And yeah, I agree that they should've gave Vitani and Nuka more airtime. I think they should've included the cut out scenes too.

Lucy Lioness
August 5th, 2005, 07:39 AM
I made that a while ago. :D

I wish they had included the cut out scenes too. I only recently saw them. Less Timon and Pumbaa I say. :D

King Simba
August 5th, 2005, 07:41 AM
I think there's far too much Timon and Pumbaa in the 3rd movie. They should've included adolescent Simba more I think. =)

Sombolia
August 5th, 2005, 07:42 AM
:emo: :scream: <-- Timon and Pumbaa weep. They're characters too, folks! You can't just completely drop them from the story...

But yes, Nuka and Tani needed more airtime. Even if it's probably not true, I like to think that their Scar's cubs, 'cause they alone are worthy xP But that's fangirlish little me. :jejeje:

EDIT: Erm.. far too much T&P in TLK1.5? Dude, they're the main characters. :confused:

Lucy Lioness
August 5th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Timon and Pumbaa are ok in the third movie, as it is a movie about them, after all. I personally liked the 3rd movie. I just think they were a little annoying in SP. :D

Sombolia
August 5th, 2005, 07:47 AM
I said in the other thread that I agree they're annoying, but I don't think they should've been dropped/had less airtime. I posted about that in This land's thread, dun wanna repeat myself here :p

King Simba
August 5th, 2005, 07:47 AM
They weren't the same in SP but yeah, Timon and Pumbaa are cool. ;)

Sombolia
August 5th, 2005, 07:50 AM
TLK & TLK1.5 = <3
SP = </3

I mean that, T&P-wise.. but that's my opinion mostly anyways. xP I really like Timon and Pumbaa, but they were uncharacterized (along with almost everyone else) in SP.

Lucy Lioness
August 5th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Haha. You are excused for explaining it again Somby. :D Timon and Pumbaa are cool!
:D

imported_Rafiki
August 5th, 2005, 08:29 AM
I like Timon and Pumbaa a lot. ...Well, except in the TV series... And although I didn't like SP (mostly because of the animation) I thought it was the best Disney sequel I've ever seen.

Here's something interesting, maybe: That beeper thing is different in German. Timon says (in German of course... ;) : "Somebody's gotta tie a boomerang around her neck!" The producers were planning to let him say that in the English version, too, but for some reason dropped that idea and changed it into that beeper phrase...:Ooo:

Sombolia
August 5th, 2005, 09:40 AM
I find it amusing how everyone whines about the "beeper" in SP, but there's a referance to humans in TLK too ("He'd make a very handsome throwrug..").

va-kasi
August 5th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Ditto,
There?s a lot of double standards going on when its comes to SP vs TLK.

I dunno about more Nuka and Vitani. They're two of my favourite characters but I really didn't like the cut scenes (the action and dialogue).

ChildOfThePride
August 5th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Cons:
-Kiara
-Kiara
-Kiara
-Kiara

Kaori: (growls and destroys Kiara)

COTP: (gives Kaori cat treats0

XD

Seriously, Kiara's annoying.

"OMG I TEH PRINZEZZ BUH I H8 MAH DADDIE COS HE DONT LET ME DATE TEH VISCIO....VICI....MEAN NASTY SMEXEH OUTSIDAH KOVU!!!"

God, that hurt...

Anyway.

The 'throw rug' line to me isn't so bad because, well, they'd probably hear about throw rugs somehow. Like, nearby villages or something.

I doubt African tribes would have beepers.

That picture of Zira smiling freaks me out for some reason. I'm gonna have nightmares now.

Simba was WAY OOC, and they should've gotten the original writers/directors....I mean, sheesh. TLK2 is a TRAVESTY.

unregistered user
August 5th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Okee, what to say here ... ?? Oo

I agree Kiara is REALLY really really x 9 annoying, just like the way Simba is. I also agree Kovu changed a little too fast, but hey, as some of you said, he wasn't bad in the beginning and I do understand why he and Vitani changed so fast (since she's really smart, right?)
I don't get it why T&P is so bad, I like them in SP so... But the beeper thing was kinda not very smart (esp. not when it was translated into swedish as "PERSON seeker", I mean, they're not humans in a person way..?) But as well as beeper and throw rug is there but no humans, we can always see Rafiki as a human xP *blabbering* I wonder if that beeper thing in African style would look something like that fur/glass-friction thing...x)
Ziras grinning doesn't work along very well with her scream, it looks like she's losing her grip of the rock (and she was far away from Kiara so that she could save her..) and screaming in a "No help me!" way, but then she has that wacky smile, I don't know if it was a suicide or not after all. Everyone say it was so I guess it maybe was ... But if you just listen, it's not....Whatever... SP is VERY interesting and a mystical and tragical movie.
Shouldn't movies like SP have the same writers and animators as the ones to the first movies so that they know what they're doing?

unregistered user
August 5th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Exactly! If you're going to make a sequel or prequel or an addition... make it right =/

Disney is the worst company when it comes to sequels usually. And though I've made my complaints on Simba's Pride here, I must say it most certainly could've been MUCH worse if you looka t other Disney sequels X____X

At the time of release, Simba's Pride was the best sequel since The Rescuer's Down Under (the first sequel Disney ever made)

Both sequels to The Lion king have their problems. TLK2 lacks animationa nd enough time. TLK3 lacks drama and a lion fanbase. And let's face it, both sequels lack Scar :evilgrin: (yes he is briefly seen in both of them, but he doesn't really say or do anything important. Then again,t eh guy died before TLK2, so what ya gonna do right? x) )

Sombolia
August 5th, 2005, 11:45 PM
TLK3 lacks a lion fanbase? I didn't know the lion fans where in the first two O_o xP

unregistered user
August 5th, 2005, 11:53 PM
No, I mean, a way to attract the lion fans, fanbase ere.. yeah.. that's what I mean (ie; people that like the lions x) )

Sombolia
August 6th, 2005, 12:15 AM
TLK1&2 lacked a way to attract the meerkat/warthog fanbase.. but whatever. =P

It really, really bugs me how people say there should be more lions in TLK3 because it's The LION King.. Star Wars isn't about stars, do people complain about that..? It doesn't make any sense. T&P get one movie to themselves, and there are two movies all about the lions, and people complain. Really...

unregistered user
August 6th, 2005, 05:07 AM
I think they were just letting their hopes too high (lion fans that is), which is why they (and I) were so anti TLK3 when it came out at first.

You should take the movie for what it is, a gag reel xP

Sombolia
August 6th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Sorry, I'm just overprotective of TLK3. *pets it* I'm a big fan of parodies and I'm a big fan of Timon, so I guess that's why I like it so..

I can understand it's not for everyone, it's just.. annoying.. when people unfairly criticize it. Just because Simba's not onscreen for every single frame doesn't automatically label it as "bad".. it's from T&P's POV, you know it's gonna be warped..

Still, this thread is about SP, so I'll leave it at that.

Nala The Lion
August 6th, 2005, 01:32 PM
[B]I made a list of PRO'S and CON'S in SP

Pros:
-Adult Kiara is cool!

Cons:
-Nala is different
-No explanation is given as to where the outsiders came from and why Simba hates them so much, etc.

Pros:
1. NA UH!
2. True to extent there new and kick ***, however Nuka has bad case of fleas and Zira's Voice is horribly Annoying!
3. Yes Intresting Story Line but basically LK one in a new generation with a few differences.
4. Deffinatley!
5. Yup another Good Opening :-)

Con's:
1. Can be, but she's cute too!
2. i don't think it is :confused:
3. Simba doesn't annoy me at all :D
4. :Ohno: the only thing thats' different about both Simba and Nala is their adult voices!
4. umm... Sky? o.O
5. The outsiders were banished by Simba due to being in Scar's Pride before he perished! :cool:

Kiara Serengeti
August 6th, 2005, 03:44 PM
I think they could make a better SP if they tried. Or if I tried. Who wants to buy an animation studio with me? ;) j\k of course...:evilgrin:

va-kasi
August 7th, 2005, 01:35 AM
The one in Sydney is going to be empty soon :thinks:

Would you like me to make enquiries? j/k

Nala The Lion
August 7th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
As I've stated many times before, Kovu is rawr :rawr: =D ... Vitani, meh, not really my type, and she's so pointy :lol: ... Kovu's much rawrer than Vitani ;) ...

your great, i always agree with you! :cool: :diva:

Nalinda
August 7th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I couldn't find any general SP threads in the search, just specifics like Kopa, Vitani, Nuka's death, etc...so here we can talk about everything in SP
--------
I made a list of PRO'S and CON'S in SP

Pros:
-Adult Kiara is cool!

Cons:
-Nala is different

SO...

Pros:
1. Adult Kiara has her good sides, but still I can't see anything I love in her. Though, I don't hate her, I like her, but she's not one of my favorites.
2. I only agree that Kovu is awesome of those.
3. Yeah, quite interesting.
4. I think they're good in both TLK 1 and TLK 2.
5. I liked that part too.
6. I like "Circle of life" more.

Cons:
1. I agree.
2. I agree.
3. I ABSOLUTELY DISAGREE! :disagree: :grrr:
He's just behaving right if you look what he's gone through. He doesn't want Kiara to go through what he did. Emotional pain hurts, he knows that. And he cares about his daughter. In my opinion, he's very wise in his acting. GO SIMBA! :cheese:
4. Nala is not different in my opinion, she just don't have a big part in the movie.
5. I agree a little about that.

Kiara Serengeti
August 7th, 2005, 09:02 PM
You have a point about Simba's attitude Nalinda, but I didn't like how Simba broke his promise to Kiara, having them spy on her during her first hunt... ::tears:

Nala The Lion
August 7th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Nalinda
Pros:
1. Adult Kiara has her good sides, but still I can't see anything I love in her. Though, I don't hate her, I like her, but she's not one of my favorites.
2. I only agree that Kovu is awesome of those.
3. Yeah, quite interesting.
4. I think they're good in both TLK 1 and TLK 2.
5. I liked that part too.
6. I like "Circle of life" more.

Cons:
1. I agree.
2. I agree.
3. I ABSOLUTELY DISAGREE! :disagree: :grrr:
He's just behaving right if you look what he's gone through. He doesn't want Kiara to go through what he did. Emotional pain hurts, he knows that. And he cares about his daughter. In my opinion, he's very wise in his acting. GO SIMBA! :cheese:
4. Nala is not different in my opinion, she just don't have a big part in the movie.
5. I agree a little about that.

well said, I couldn't say it better myself, Nala is still a main character she just doesn't appear as much as she does in LK.

response to Ciara - Zira isn't trying to Save Kiara! She trys to claw her and get her to fall down the cliff where she's hanging on for life. I also don't think it's suicide, she looses grip of the rock and falls. :cool:

BYE BYE ZIRA BYE BYE :D

Sombolia
August 8th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Nala The Lion
I also don't think it's suicide, she looses grip of the rock and falls. :cool:

Yeah, because death is lyk, TOTALLY COOL, omg.

Simba's character was horrible in SP, IMO. He doesn't trust Kiara a bit, to the point where he has to send people to spy on her. To spy on her - he's not even honest with her, he can't come out and say he wants T&P to accompany her.. he tells them to do it in secret. Then, he bans Kiara something that's nessicary (hunting) for something that wasn't her fault (the fire). He's also rather close-minded, he can't come to terms with the fact that, maybe, Kovu might not be evil. He's paranoid, a bit arrogant, overprotective, untrusting - everything that TLK1 Simba wasn't.

unregistered user
August 8th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Preach it Somby ^^ =D

Yeah.. it's hard to balance out which was worse: Simba or the amount of times 'yee-haw' was said or Kiara

Pick one :evilgrin:

va-kasi
August 8th, 2005, 02:31 AM
He's also rather close-minded, he can't come to terms with the fact that, maybe, Kovu might not be evil. He's paranoid, a bit arrogant, overprotective, untrusting - everything that TLK1 Simba wasn't.

His personality in SP is well justified. Why wouldn't you be paranoid after your own uncle killed your father and compleatly stuffed up your life?

I wouldn't want to take any chances with Kovu if I were put in Simba's position either ;)

simba2662
August 8th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Yeah I think Simba reacts the way anyone would in his situation. He knows how bad his younger years were and he just dosn't want the same for Kiara. He also admits he was wrong and accepts things for the way they are which is a hard thing to do. He learnt from his mistakes. =)

starlioness
August 8th, 2005, 10:09 AM
In my world , Zira grabs Kiara and throws her off the cliff and into the water. Simba, enraged attacks Zira and they both fall off into the water. which of course leads to a waterfall . and what's waiting at the bottom of the waterfall? the Crocodiles!:evilgrin: :jejeje: and they all eat the lions . Kovu and Nala relieved that their annoying relatives are gone . have a big party in the process. and a few months later that circle of life starts over with Kovu and Nala's cub . The End:cheese:

Sombolia
August 8th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by starlioness
In my world , Zira grabs Kiara and throws her off the cliff and into the water. Simba, enraged attacks Zira and they both fall off into the water. which of course leads to a waterfall . and what's waiting at the bottom of the waterfall? the Crocodiles!:evilgrin: :jejeje: and they all eat the lions . Kovu and Nala relieved that their annoying relatives are gone . have a big party in the process. and a few months later that circle of life starts over with Kovu and Nala's cub . The End:cheese:

That is the BEST THEORY I have ever heard. I'm not being sarcastic, either. XD

simba2662
August 8th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Sorry but I think its rubbish, :(.

(Dont mind me)

Lucy Lioness
August 8th, 2005, 11:17 AM

That's fabulous! :D Nala and Kovu.....no Simba or Kiara......works for me! :D

ChildOfThePride
August 8th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I think Simba and Nala switched bodies after Kiara was born (must've been that crazy nut Rafiki), and Nala was still suffering from PPD....

BTW, Lucy, your sig cracks me up.

Melody of Scar
August 8th, 2005, 06:22 PM

Fic it! FIC IT! XD

Nala The Lion
August 8th, 2005, 07:27 PM

certainlly different but i don't think Kiara or Simba desrve that!

and Somby i didn't sau dying was cool :p Zira deserved it though and it wasn't Suicide! :cool:

Melody of Scar
August 8th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Then, he bans Kiara something that's nessicary (hunting)

<inappropriately placed joke>Kiara stunk at hunting. xD </inappropriately placed joke>

Ravoc - I'm gunna go with the yee-haw. I was thinking, "Wtf, is this Texas now!?" ( No offense intended to any of my my southwestern-dwelling dahlings. ^_^ )

And I still believe that Zira commited suicide despite what's being said. I would if I were in her position. My pride turned on me, my kids turned on me, I'm dangling from a rock with some prissy princess standing above me trying to make a name for herself, and all that stands between being reunited with my mate and living is a river - psh, if I can't reach the paw and take her with me I'm goin' for the afterlife.

Nalinda
August 8th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Hmm.. No Simba, no good TLK.
And I think Simba is not acting wrong.. He's overprotective yes.. And SO f****** what? What has he gone through? He has got a big excuse.
I love Simba.. And I've always understood him why he does things and stuff.
Oh and to hell with Zira.. haha I can't stand her. Scar was after all smart!

Shatara
August 8th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Nala the Lion
I also don't think it's suicide, she looses grip of the rock and falls. ...then why was she grinning the whole way down? ;)

In my world , Zira grabs Kiara and throws her off the cliff and into the water. Simba, enraged attacks Zira and they both fall off into the water. which of course leads to a waterfall . and what's waiting at the bottom of the waterfall? the Crocodiles!:evilgrin: :jejeje: and they all eat the lions . Kovu and Nala relieved that their annoying relatives are gone . have a big party in the process. and a few months later that circle of life starts over with Kovu and Nala's cub . The End:cheese: Lol! Good story ;)

And I still believe that Zira commited suicide despite what's being said. I would if I were in her position. My pride turned on me, my kids turned on me, I'm dangling from a rock with some prissy princess standing above me trying to make a name for herself, and all that stands between being reunited with my mate and living is a river - psh, if I can't reach the paw and take her with me I'm goin' for the afterlife.Much agreement. Suicide really fits her more. The only thing missing was her wailing "Scar! I am comming!!" before dropping off :p

simba2662
August 8th, 2005, 10:41 PM
I know that the Lion King addresses anger and murder but im not sure about suicide. Zira would have done anything to survive that fall and have another shot at Simba. She didnt want to let him win that easy.

Lucy Lioness
August 8th, 2005, 11:06 PM
I think it was suicide. She refuses Kiara's help, she smiles as she falls....it's obvious to me.

starlioness
August 8th, 2005, 11:20 PM
<

And I still believe that Zira commited suicide despite what's being said. I would if I were in her position. My pride turned on me, my kids turned on me, I'm dangling from a rock with some prissy princess standing above me trying to make a name for herself, and all that stands between being reunited with my mate and living is a river - psh, if I can't reach the paw and take her with me I'm goin' for the afterlife.

agreed!:evilgrin:

thanks for the comments everyone , but don't expect any fanfic from me . I stink at it :p

maybe Zira was smiling because she likes swimming? there's no swimming pools in the outlands.

also what if the gorge wasn't flooded when Zira fell... *splat!*:bleen:

Sombolia
August 8th, 2005, 11:21 PM
I also think it's suicide, it's the only thing Zira would do.. I can imagine her rather dying than accepting Kiara's help.

simba2662
August 8th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Why would she bother grabbing onto the rock then. Why bother with a struggle when she can just let go.

Lucy Lioness
August 8th, 2005, 11:23 PM
agreed!:evilgrin:

thanks for the comments everyone , but don't expect any fanfic from me . I stink at it :p

maybe Zira was smiling because she likes swimming? there's no swimming pools in the outlands.

also what if the gorge wasn't flooded when Zira fell... *splat!*:bleen:

Oooh that's it - she was excited because she was going for a jolly good swim in the gorge. :D

And eeeew.....splat. :eww:

Sombolia
August 8th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by simba2662
Why would she bother grabbing onto the rock then. Why bother with a struggle when she can just let go.

Well obviously, she wasn't planning on dying that way - she tried to grab at the rock at first, then realized she could only get up by grabbing Kiara.. so she let go.

simba2662
August 8th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Ill have to watch it again to see her facial expression. I just cant see Zira letting Simba win that easy, she hates him.

Lucy Lioness
August 8th, 2005, 11:29 PM
And it was written in the script at first that Zira was going to commit suicide, but a line was cut, as it would have been too heavy for the kiddies. So they way I see it, she commits suicide, but the makers of the movie didn't want it to be too obvious because of the younger viewers.

simba2662
August 8th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Well if it was written in the script earlier, I cant argue with that

Lucy Lioness
August 8th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Well there is a deleted scene, in which Zira says 'Never' or something to Kiara, and lets go of the rock.
Click here (http://www.pridelands.ru/?p=video-cuts)
There are deleted scenes from TLK2 there, but the writing is in Russian. You can download the deleted scene from there, doesn't take long to download. It's the 5th one down.

simba2662
August 8th, 2005, 11:39 PM
I have been to that site but havnt got to download them all yet, Thanx =)

Nala The Lion
August 8th, 2005, 11:45 PM
i've been on that site before :D apart from being in russian it is a great LK site! :-)

King Simba
August 9th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Nala The Lion
i've been on that site before :D apart from being in russian it is a great LK site! :-)
Yeah, that was where I downloaded all the tracks from the ROTPL CD. Thanks a lot for the link, Lucy. =)

unregistered user
August 16th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I've noticed that alot of people here don't like TLK 2, Simba's pride very much. So, why don't you like it?

(Threads Merged)

King Simba
August 16th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I don't hate TLK 2 myself but here's a few things I don't like about it;

1) The characters don't have the same personalities like they do have in the original.

2) Zazu's voice isn't the same therefore his character wasn't played in the same way like it was in the original.

3) Both Nala and Simba's personalities changed; Simba became way too overprotective and strict whilst Nala became one of the background characters, (she didn't have many parts in the movie.) Sorta fits in with what I said in point number one.

4) Kiara should have a different personality altogether IMO.

Overall though, I liked SP and I don't have really anymore things to say about it.

Iestyn
August 16th, 2005, 10:04 PM
It was a poor attempt at matching the original if you ask me, I thought it was really dumbed down and had some really lame songs in (except My Lullaby) The characters annoyed me too, Simba was a paranoid and way too overprotective. Kiara, well I think I speak for the majority of this board when I say she's just plain irritating. Zira was a total psycho, the only decent character was Kovu. It was more of a kid's film than a family film.

That's my two cents.

jazonhyena
August 16th, 2005, 10:16 PM
I didn't really have an opinion on it until the influx of newer, younger TLK fans hit the Roleplaying groups.

Suffice it to say there was a definite increase in "Orphaned, angsty, bitter, Outlanders" and Kovu fanatics begging to hear their sob story.

I just feel that the second movie panders too readily to the angsty-preteen group of people. Along with the rational fans of the movie, those angry kids really gobble it up.

That, and there were no hyenas. At this point in my life I can honestly say they are the only reason I'd watch any TLK movie, personally.

unregistered user
August 16th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by jazonhyena
I didn't really have an opinion on it until the influx of newer, younger TLK fans hit the Roleplaying groups.

Suffice it to say there was a definite increase in "Orphaned, angsty, bitter, Outlanders" and Kovu fanatics begging to hear their sob story.

I just feel that the second movie panders too readily to the angsty-preteen group of people. Along with the rational fans of the movie, those angry kids really gobble it up.

Whoa, that's really deep, I kinda feel the same way. :cheese:

simba2662
August 16th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Although Simbas Pride could have been better, I still love the movie. I thought the songs were great accept for My Lullaby and Upendi which were very dissapointing.

Sombolia
August 16th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by jazonhyena

I'm with him.

And besides that, it's the main characters (Kiara and Kovu) that really spiff me. I don't see how you can enjoy anything when you hate the protaganists.

Nuka and Vitani were okay. Everything else.. just.. no.

va-kasi
August 17th, 2005, 02:17 AM
I must be an angsty kiddo! :vitsm:

Just to even the scales, I love SP *cower* More than TLK.

I think they did an exellecnt job on Simba's personality. It is very well justified, but obviously people just can't tolerate the changes.

Blame Scar, not the SP script writers XD

unregistered user
August 17th, 2005, 02:24 AM
I liked Simba's Pride, my favorite character (Nuka), comes from The Lion King II: Simba's Pride. There are just some things I would have done differently than what had been decided upon. However I've already stated all of this in another thread as this thread is a duplicate of that thread :E

LunarCat
August 17th, 2005, 02:30 AM
too many plotholes.............................:p i do love Kovu however :kovusmile

nathalie
August 17th, 2005, 06:59 AM
*hmm* Ravoc, you might have a link to that thread? Can't seem to find it :confused:

lion_roog
August 17th, 2005, 11:03 AM
I liked SP, the characters I enjoyed the most were Kiara and Nuka...becuase I liked the voice actors from previous works and I liked the characters themselves...:cheese:

One thing that really bothered me is the lack of Nala...:alone:

And I liked two songs in SP...the last one in the scene where Kiara is looking for Kovu....and Upendi, because Upendi is the Lion King on Acid...:D

Simba22
August 17th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I loved SP. Especially that fight scene near the end. Only problem with SP was Kiara was too ditsy for me. She kinda reminded me of like Britney Spears.:die:

White Wagtail
August 17th, 2005, 01:40 PM
I like SP itself, not as sequel to TLK.
I admit that there is room for improvement (animation, directions, and plotholes, etc.), but its concept is good.
And I agree with va-kasi. Simba's personality is natural, considering his past...
he saw his own father died, banished from his homeland, and so on.
Directors said they tried to describe Simba's darkness, and I think their try was successful.
(Do you understand me? I found it very difficult to express my opinion in English... :()

And I love Kiara! :curious: She is cute, kind, and innocent.
Her large heart changed Simba, Kovu, Vitani, and other Outlanders and Pridelanders' mind, I think.
Indeed, she is sometimes stupid a bit, but I like her because of that! ;)

whoa, this thread is 'Why hate 2'! But my post is 'Why love 2', hehe :p

Lion-Kovu
August 17th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Actually, I like TLK2 more than TLK because
I don't want good people die. (like Mufasa)
But in fact it's a story (there have love,brave
friendliness,betray and lose)
The bad thing gonna be happen in the future,but you must to face it. I think it's the TLK team wants to express. Kovu and Kiara fell in love. Simba don't believe kovu,but then he believe. During this it happened many things. Then I think that's what TLK want to express. Kovu and Kiara they got many reverses,but they did. Simba and Nala they are king and queen,They did more care of Kiara. TLK series told me many things. I love it.(I still afried to watch TLK 1 when I see Mufasa died I'll cry):emo:
:( (If I type something wrong about my Ehglish Sorry:(

Winter Lioness
August 17th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I love SP. It's just that there are a few things that bother me:
-Simba looked and acted like a cheeseball. (Or maybe he ate too many cheetos :cheese: )
-Kiara was a little too ditsy. She needed to giggle less.
-Timon and Pumbaa with the "baby-sitter" thing.
-There wasn't enough Tani in the movie. :vitsm:

Simba22
August 17th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by White Wagtail
I like SP itself, not as sequel to TLK.
I admit that there is room for improvement (animation, directions, and plotholes, etc.), but its concept is good.
And I agree with va-kasi. Simba's personality is natural, considering his past...
he saw his own father died, banished from his homeland, and so on.
Directors said they tried to describe Simba's darkness, and I think their try was successful.
(Do you understand me? I found it very difficult to express my opinion in English... :()

And I love Kiara! :curious: She is cute, kind, and innocent.
Her large heart changed Simba, Kovu, Vitani, and other Outlanders and Pridelanders' mind, I think.
Indeed, she is sometimes stupid a bit, but I like her because of that! ;)

whoa, this thread is 'Why hate 2'! But my post is 'Why love 2', hehe :p

Okay I change my mind it's not Kiara as a adult I hate. As an adult She was okay. But as a kid she just seemed to be like One of those ditsy cheerleaders you see.

la_reina
August 17th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I don't hate it, it just needs some improvements. Like Timon and Pumbaa for example, they weren't as humorous as in the first movie....they kind of got on my nerves actually. And then Simba was little annoyinig too. But besides that, it's still pretty good :D

Huma
August 17th, 2005, 04:52 PM
SP is a adorable movie based on what Disney sequels normally was

Melody of Scar
August 17th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I don't hate it - it's growing on me. But it still takes a backseat to TLK.

unregistered user
August 17th, 2005, 06:43 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and merge this with the thread 'Simba's Pride', since the discussion is almost identical in content.

aj2590
August 18th, 2005, 12:35 AM
I though SP was good, just not as good as the first. I mean, if you look beyond the flaws and bloopers, it's a good movie.

Nalinda
August 19th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I think SP is good. But TLK will always be number one for me. It's just better.

Kiara Serengeti
August 23rd, 2005, 03:59 PM
If only Disney worked harder on sequels!!!