PDA

View Full Version : Random Thread #1: What web browser are ya' using?

nafklt
July 11th, 2004, 09:44 PM
*quotes title*

I'm using Firefox...:cheese:

unregistered user
July 11th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Internet Explorer =P

TakaTiger
July 11th, 2004, 09:48 PM
IE

TeeKay
July 11th, 2004, 09:49 PM
I experimented with firefox, but you can't use Ctrl+O on that, so I'm back with IE!! Damn Microsoft and their insidious software :D

unregistered user
July 11th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Firefox! *hugs Firefox*

nafklt
July 11th, 2004, 09:52 PM
I like Firefox because of easier downloading, tabs, and popup blocking... at least it's still free... unlike Opera.

unregistered user
July 11th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Internet Explorer:slimey:

kcnmttcnn
July 11th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by TeeKay
I experimented with firefox, but you can't use Ctrl+O on that, so I'm back with IE!! Damn Microsoft and their insidious software :D

Ctrl+O? works fine with me... :hmm:
well, i use Firewox cuz... I do ;)

nafklt
July 11th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by TeeKay

Maybe you were using an older version. 0.9 is the newest released.

Mozilla's always been open source after the original changed it's name to Netscape, so it was probably brought up.:cheese:

TeeKay
July 11th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by kcnmttcnn
Ctrl+O? works fine with me... :hmm:

Well yeah, it works, just not for what I want it to do hehe :D

Ctrl+O is the open file dialogue in firefox, it's the open URL dialogue in IE (I prefer that to using the mouse ;))

kcnmttcnn
July 11th, 2004, 10:03 PM
ahhh.... i see http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2004-06-01_14.58/Resource/emoticons/omg_smile.gif

King Simba
July 11th, 2004, 10:05 PM
MSN Explorer now.
I sometimes use IE.

TakaTiger
July 11th, 2004, 10:06 PM
what is this firefox? ive never herd of it? :confused:

kcnmttcnn
July 11th, 2004, 10:07 PM
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

TakaTiger
July 11th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by kcnmttcnn
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

ahh.. TY!.. my dad would prolly kill me if i downloaded it tho =/

unregistered user
July 11th, 2004, 10:20 PM
im using Mozilla Firefox too, it rocks

Simba_2004
July 11th, 2004, 10:28 PM
I switch back and forth between IE and FireFox

unregistered user
July 11th, 2004, 11:51 PM
i use good old Microsoft Internet Explorer;) i had some problems with it yeah, but it's mostly working good and i will probably allways stay with IE.:cheese:

Simba_2004
July 12th, 2004, 03:07 AM
some how a virus got on mine and so i like to stay with firefox for the most part, my ie keeps making me go to soem i search thing and it is really annoying :grr:

nafklt
July 12th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Try downloading this;):
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html#cwshredder

Xinithian
July 12th, 2004, 03:16 AM
I'm using Avant Browser.

ChildOfThePride
July 12th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Firefox all the way! :)

Vidan
July 12th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Opera, all the way and back! :) ;)

Opera impressed me enough that I decided to buy it. I think the price has gone down to less than US$30 since I registered it over a year ago.

Firefox is a good browser.

I only use Internet Explorer if there's a particular IE-exclusive feature on a page that I want to access.

When I had a website, I accessed it through Lynx, a text-only browser, to see whether it was readable. I've come to appreciate that there are people surfing the Internet, such as the blind, that can't make use of all the fancy graphical/layout features that would turn out somewhat incoherently on a text browser.

nafklt
July 12th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Opera is cool, but it would be better if it was free. Firefox is open-source so it's free.

TrkenTyger009
July 12th, 2004, 03:41 AM
IE and Mozilla......IE to doenload plugins, b/c Mozilla wont....., but w/e

BluNikori
July 12th, 2004, 04:09 AM
IE ooh yeah ;)

Vidan
July 12th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by BluNikori
IE ooh yeah ;)

Ah, you. :p ;)

Ngatuny
July 12th, 2004, 04:34 AM
Apple computer's Safari browser mainly, also Netscape, Camino and Firefox.

nafklt
July 12th, 2004, 05:12 AM
Yay! Finally some Netscape users!:cheese:

kcnmttcnn
July 12th, 2004, 05:23 AM
i was a Netscape user until a certain someone said something about Firefox.

unregistered user
July 12th, 2004, 05:28 AM
i don't like Netscape, i use Internet Explorer 6.0 ;)

nafklt
July 12th, 2004, 05:31 AM
I used to be a Netscape fan, until I heard about Mozilla, then I was a Mozilla fan until I heard about Opera---> Firefox...and so on.;)

Internet Explorer's is pretty cool too though.:cheese:

unregistered user
July 12th, 2004, 08:01 AM
IE, MSN E-9, Firefox. ^^
;)

Simba_TLK
July 12th, 2004, 09:59 AM
i just use Internet Explorer 6 :p
i never really liked to experiment with any other programs :confused:
i have had bad experiences with programs which are not "normal", such as having to reformat the computer, windows behaving strangely, etc :eek:

unregistered user
July 12th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Simba_TLK
i just use Internet Explorer 6 :p
i never really liked to experiment with any other programs :confused:
i have had bad experiences with programs which are not "normal", such as having to reformat the computer, windows behaving strangely, etc :eek:

Windows always behaves strangely.
WINDOWS: "YES I'M PLOTTING AGAINST YOU! MUAHAHAHA!!!"
See it's being evil again. o.O
:eek::gasp::evilgrin::lol:

nafklt
November 6th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Google Deskbar!:cheese: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :P

http://img95.exs.cx/img95/9256/googlelea.jpg

Xinithian
November 6th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Avant Browser

nafklt
November 6th, 2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Avant Browser

Is it open-source?:confused:

Only-now
November 6th, 2004, 03:49 AM
I use IE...but I downloaded Firefox, and tried it...I suppose it is okay..but I'm used to IE. Oh...and I forget who mentioned them being taken to a search thing...if it is the "searchtheweb" thing...I had the same problem...and i know how to get rid of it...cause adware, and spyware things won't find it. :)

Suki
November 6th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Ngatuny
Apple computer's Safari browser

Also, at my grandma's house I use MSN Explorer. I metioned that because I was at her place today. :Psst:

Endra
November 6th, 2004, 04:00 AM
Firefox!

I do have some problems with it though. I often get the "This Document Contains No Data" message. Refreshing the page 10-20 times works though :p

Shawchert
November 6th, 2004, 06:07 AM
I am a netscape user... explorer is too slow for me

Shawchert
November 6th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by nafklt
I used to be a Netscape fan, until I heard about Mozilla, then I was a Mozilla fan until I heard about Opera---> Firefox...and so on.;)

Internet Explorer's is pretty cool too though.:cheese:

.... you do know that netscape also made mozilla right?

Lion Roar
November 6th, 2004, 08:53 AM
I use Opera.

I have also IE 6 and Mozilla Firefox, but I don't use them.

nathalie
November 6th, 2004, 08:56 AM
IE 6

Nephilim
November 6th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Internet Explorer doesn't even work on my computer any more. ;)

Ruska
November 6th, 2004, 08:47 PM
I use Mozilla FireFox.

Nala-Rules
November 6th, 2004, 09:24 PM
I use AOL 9.0 :grrr:

Total waste of space it is :die:

Endra
November 6th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Now I use Opera :D

Anni_the_Diva
November 6th, 2004, 11:28 PM
I've been a faithful Mozilla user since May. Going back to IE would be like going back to 28k dial-up from Broadband. :eww:

Prince Kovu
November 7th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Um.. i Use Firefox and IE ... I think i like both, but when i go to sites full of pictures and animations i use to pick firefox because i feel that it loads them in a faster way.. same when im dling something.. But i like more IE for forums like LH.. anyways its more likely what i feel like clicking.. firefox or ie icon -.-'

By the way sonique.. yes.. Windows always acts in a strange way.. oO *click on link* Oo

/offtopic http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/winrg.php /offtopic

nafklt
November 7th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Shawchert
.... you do know that netscape also made mozilla right?

Other way around...;)

SIMBAtheENIGMA
July 25th, 2005, 09:02 AM
If this thread has been created im real sorry. I had a look! :cheese:

So which one do you use then? Firefox or IE If other please specify :) *hehe* :bleen:

Sharifu
July 25th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Why, only the cool people use Firefox! ;)

Hehe you know I'm kidding... :p But really Firefox is great... With IE I got pop ups all the time and my screen would freeze sometimes, or take forever to load...

King Simba
July 25th, 2005, 09:27 AM
I use IE and MSN Explorer. I should try FireFox out though especially since I've heard great things about it. :idiot:

unregistered user
July 25th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Definately Firefox, its much better then IE in my opinion.

Sombolia
July 25th, 2005, 09:43 AM
IE. :woeisme: Hate, hate, hate. My mom won't let me download Firefox >_>

Opera Ghost
July 25th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Internet Explorer

nathalie
July 25th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by SIMBAtheENIGMA
If this thread has been created im real sorry. I had a look! :cheese:

hehe :p http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1255&highlight=internet+browser

klowd
July 25th, 2005, 03:09 PM
*points at sign* :D

Monai
July 25th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Firefox, converted a while back. :D

unregistered user
July 26th, 2005, 02:32 AM
klowd.. your sigs make my brother computer feel bad:lol::p
IE.. cuz it's my brother pc:S

TakaTiger
July 26th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Firefox

Suki
August 14th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Well, I did a search on Lea and didn't find any topics like this. Unless there are some and probably got deleted.

But anyways, who uses Firefox? I just started today (more like 5 minutes ago :p)! :o I used to have it but never used it. I didn't like it. But today I glanced over to the Firefox icon and decided to download it again (it was too old to use and the computer didn't reconize the file), and now I have it (and I use the Red Cats theme with the blue backround XD *loves every kind of cat :3*)

Does anoyone else here use Firefox, and if so, do you use a theme for it like I do? :p

Daniel
August 14th, 2005, 07:23 PM
i use firefox, and i just ise the normal skin for it :D

Suki
August 14th, 2005, 07:29 PM
LOL I love your avatar! :lol: The fox eating the IE logo :lol:

SimbaTLK1
August 14th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Firefox is the only browser I use, along with Thunderbird for email :cheese: My Personal favorite is the silver skin with just the icons showing (no text) and the Use small icons box checked. At first it was kind of awkward to use something besides IE, but now, i'd never use anything else :cheese: :cheese:.

And Daniel It's kind of obvious you use firefox, hehe.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/_teaser/firefox.gif

I've actually used firefox back since it was named Firebird :evilgrin:

soulImbibe
August 14th, 2005, 07:34 PM
I've been a Firefox user 99% of the time since version 0.9. Occasionally I find sites that don't behave with anything except IE though.

IE7 is coming soon and will add some of the features that Firefox touts; however, it will still be the primary target for hackers.

nathalie
August 14th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Don't mind me, just merging some threads ... (so yes, there was already a thread like this, a poll to be precise ...)

Lucy Lioness
August 14th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I just took the big step and downloaded Firefox, on my boyfriend's advice. :D

Daniel
August 15th, 2005, 10:29 AM
haha, that's another one converted! :D

one day, IE shall be obselite :cheese: :bleen:

BTW, huma, can you check your pm's please?

thanks =)

Lweek
August 15th, 2005, 02:06 PM
There are very usefull Firefox shortcuts as well .. some of them are copy to IE7 :)
most usefull:
CTRL+T (new tab)
CRTL+W (close actual tab)
click middle mouse button/wheel on a tab = close tab

Lweek
August 15th, 2005, 02:10 PM
BTW: if you think that Firefox is starting slow, try Firefox preloader. Most IE components are pending in memory, that's why IE starts faster, but with Firefox preloader you will boost FF start up to maximum .. it become faster then IE. :)

Bahati
August 15th, 2005, 02:34 PM
IE user here. Explorer does everything I need it to, so I've never found a reason to convert.

Lion-Kovu
August 15th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I have been used it ...:confused: ..FireFox doesn't in support of some wedsites >_<" So I still uesing IE... If FireFox cam improve^^ I'll ues it
:cheese: FireFox is good but it's can't support some wedsites>_<"

Lweek
August 15th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Or some websites should support Firefox. ;) Actualy Firefox support more technologies than IE (for example SVG) and more precisly.

Some pages are displayed wrong way because they are badly made. For example many Frontpage made pages are real mess. Microsoft was attacked many times for broke HTML standards.

There exists rules created by W3C (world wide web consorcium) how pages should be coded and displayed. It's not Firefox's fault that many homemade pages are not coded right way.

unregistered user
August 15th, 2005, 06:22 PM
"Firefox love you long time." XD

nafklt
August 17th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Firefox. I find the "/" key is real useful...xD

LunarCat
August 17th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Internet Explorer :D :cheese:

jazonhyena
August 18th, 2005, 01:43 AM
*points to signature*

Not over any sort of software discrepancy; just because Firefox looks like something a 14-year-old anime fangirl would create. I'm surprised they didn't call it KawaiiKitsune-SuperHappyBrowser-Time.

nafklt
August 18th, 2005, 01:48 AM
xD :lol:

w00t! Kitsune avvys rule!

va-kasi
August 18th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Firefox, and IE if needed. I can't get LaunchCast to load using Firefox for some reason :confused:

jazonhyena
August 18th, 2005, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by nafklt
xD :lol:

w00t! Kitsune avvys rule!

This is a little embarassing but I had meant everything from "14-year-old anime fangirl" to "KawaiiKitsune-SuperHappyBrowser-Time" in the worst possible way. Like, almost no lightheartedness intended.

I even hate the word "kitsune".

So...woops.

nafklt
August 18th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by jazonhyena
This is a little embarassing but I had meant everything from "14-year-old anime fangirl" to "KawaiiKitsune-SuperHappyBrowser-Time" in the worst possible way. Like, almost no lightheartedness intended.

I even hate the word "kitsune".

So...woops.

Hmm...okay.:/ Sorry then...:o

jazonhyena
August 18th, 2005, 04:02 AM
As they say in France, "It's all good, my boo".

Melody of Scar
August 18th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Firefox. xD

I like the tabbing feature - I can be on all tree of my RPs and Lea without having four windows open.

Fear The Paw
August 18th, 2005, 04:50 AM
WTF is the fricken point to download a flash plugin when you already have flash? to keep keep people like me annoyed with software thats acts like it's fast.OOOOOOOOOOO I can make IE do the same thing make it load faster . And hello eveyone out there who thinks that Fire Fox Loads Fast. yes it does, but it's useing your cache smart one, it's an illusion. IE only uses that only when needed, and thats not often because web pages change frequently, so whats the point of having cached stuff when it cahanges the next hour. HUH answer me that Question!!!!

Sorrey I hate Tech software discussion because I get heated to much

Lweek
August 18th, 2005, 05:02 AM
@Melody of scar: Yes, and new version 1.1.0 is about to brings more possibility to do with the Tabs .. for example, drag and drop moving :)

@Fear The Paw: Both .. IE and Firefox are using cache to make page load faster. Only diference are that Firefox allow you make space limits and rules for it. Firefox is faster thanks to diferent way how it is loading and formating page, but that are diference in let say microseconds. Another Flash plugin is needed because every browsers have own plugin API. Opera will ask you about own flash plugin as well. Just for information, I hate FLASH sites, especialy when is flash used only for navigation. There is a flash preinstaled in Windows or IE doesn't mean, that everyusers will be happy with this default status.

Primary and most important reason why to use Firefox is SECURITY. I'm computer technician and my experince says, that aren't only campaign words but true. Firefox helps you keep your computer more mallware less and can help you have control over things you do (for example accepting cookies {which are mostly used for tracking your activity}).

Melody of Scar
August 18th, 2005, 05:02 AM
@Melody of scar: Yes, and new version 1.1.0 is about to brings more possibility to do with the Tabs .. for example, drag and drop moving

Squee!! ^__^ Exciting! I love the tabs and the security of Firefox - I had a lot of problems with IE.

Originally posted by Fear The Paw
WTF is the fricken point to download a flash plugin when you already have flash? to keep keep people like me annoyed with software thats acts like it's fast.OOOOOOOOOOO I can make IE do the same thing make it load faster . And hello eveyone out there who thinks that Fire Fox Loads Fast. yes it does, but it's useing your cache smart one, it's an illusion. IE only uses that only when needed, and thats not often because web pages change frequently, so whats the point of having cached stuff when it cahanges the next hour. HUH answer me that Question!!!!

Sorrey I hate Tech software discussion because I get heated to much

No need to get angry because we prefer Firefox over IE... I'm not yelling at you for liking IE, I'd appreciate the same respect given to me. =/

jazonhyena
August 18th, 2005, 05:14 AM
FearThePaw-- I'm wary of posting this because I don't want it to seem like everybody is dog-piling on you but I have to agree with Melody of Scar; I think you're sewing the seeds of a potential flamewar in conveying your point that way. A lot of hot-heads who like Firefox are likely to respond in an unkind manner and will soon be loudly opposed by hot-headed IE fans, and then fur will fly, and then things will get ugly. So far we've all been able to express our opinions, different as they are, in relative harmony-- even me, the guy who arrogantly demands to be the bitter outsider in every issue.

A little simple, friendly advice: If you don't like Tech discussion, don't join it. It's the best way to avoid unnecessary conflict.

unregistered user
August 18th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Lweek
Firefox helps you keep your computer more mallware less and can help you have control over things you do

And brother, that's the truth! IE (not 7 Beta) has gave me more maliciousware than you could shake a stick at.

nafklt
August 18th, 2005, 06:15 AM
I'm not saying using IE is bad but just more hackers and worm planters target IE more than Firefox because consumers who buy windows come bundled with IE and they're either too lazy to try something else, or they're new the the internet and stuff or they just become "one with the explorer" because they're used to it.:/

ThiagoPE
August 23rd, 2005, 09:59 PM
I ise MSIE because the "interactivity" it have with windows, in truth in my taskbar have a area for i put the adress of the website/pc place and it open quickly.

Nothing against firefox, some times i use it, buyy i need to admit, i prefer msie

unregistered user
November 13th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Im Using right now is Avant Browser

LionKingxx
November 13th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Internet Explorer