PDA

View Full Version : Some Problems I'm having with My Profile Page

Cheetahstar546
May 21st, 2011, 10:18 PM
Hello.

I was trying to get an image for the background of my Profile page, and I opened up the screen for getting an image to for the background of the page. When it opened up, I hit the,"Choose Image" button, as seen here:
Then, as I hit the button, this screen pops up:
As I keep scrolling down, the "Okay" Button on the screen never appears, when it does, it's only for a milli-second. And while this is happening I have to completely leave Lea because I cannot leave the page. Help? :stick:

Azerane
May 22nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
I've just tested it myself, and I understand your issue. I tried to change the background to an image, I get the little pop up box, I click 'use image' and go to choose an image and I get that little dialogue box with the spiel regarind 'using asset picker...' blah blah blah. You're right, the 'okay' button is hidden beneath the border of the browser, or in my case, my windows bar down the bottom (don't remember what it's called) and I can't leave the screen either. Thankfully I opened it in a new tab from this one. I honestly don't know how to fix it, perhaps one of the admins has some insight for us?

Just as an additional note, thanks for bringing this up, because prior to this moment, I didn't even know we could customise our profiles like that :lol:

Cheetahstar546
May 22nd, 2011, 05:49 PM
Oh, really XD. I didn't know that. But yeah, no matter how far I scroll down I can't hit that stupid okay button!

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2011, 10:46 PM
I have no idea. Didn't even know that was an option. :lol: That looks like something STM would have access to. I'll look at my admin CP and see if there's something on there.

Azerane
May 23rd, 2011, 12:00 AM
Unless it's a browser issue? I don't think I have another one installed to even try it with though... seeing as how both CheetahStar and I are using firefox...

HasiraKali
May 23rd, 2011, 12:20 AM
I don't see any options for modifying it on my CP. We'll just have to wait until STM gets back and can look at it. I'll check it out on Chrome.

Edit: It's a Firefox issue. I see the okay button in Chrome.

Edit the second: I see the okay button in Firefox 4. What version are y'all using?

Sombolia
May 23rd, 2011, 03:46 AM
I edited my profile with Firefox 4 and didn't have any trouble. :hmm:

Sadiki
May 23rd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Yeah I can take a look at it once I get back from Hawaii which will be in morning of 24th. Not sure if I can do anything about it thought it if it has something to do with old version of the browser as some of the things on Vbulletin are precoded. There is also a possibility there is something wrong with catches and/or cookies. so you may want to try to clear those or using a different browser to edit your profile. Also there is still quite a bit of work on profile part of the site too like getting the background match rest of the theme on outlander and Night sky theme.

Azerane
May 23rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
I'm using the most recent update of firefox, whatever that is. Only updated it less than a week ago.

Cheetahstar546
May 24th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Hm, well I tried it with Internet Explorer 8 and the stupid okay button still is at the bottom of the page and I still can't see it.

Sadiki
May 24th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Ok I see what the problem is and I'll be looking in to it right away.

Cheetahstar546
May 24th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks

Sadiki
May 25th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Ok I haven't really been able to find out the solution. It does most likely have something to do with Java, but at the moment I don't see how to fix it. One way you can get it to work thought is to make an album, put a picture in there and then using it, the pop up window that does come up when you're done still is partly hidden but at least on that one you can hit ok.

I'm suffering from a jetlag a little still and also I only got 5h of sleep so I will check into it more tomorrow.