PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King The Lion King in 3D

Cheetahstar546
May 21st, 2011, 09:10 PM
Hello, I recently found out about TLK coming out in 3D. I don't know if this is true or not, I thought it was a rumor. Anyone else hear about this?

HasiraKali
May 21st, 2011, 09:12 PM
The Bluray release is supposed to have 3D version as well as the DVD and digital copy..

Cheetahstar546
May 21st, 2011, 09:18 PM
Oh, I didn't know that

HasiraKali
May 21st, 2011, 09:33 PM
They haven't really said much about details yet though. I can't stand 3D personally, but I'll watch TLK in 3D. :lol:

Cheetahstar546
May 21st, 2011, 10:03 PM
3D is awesome for me. But it in TLK would be even better!

Simbaspirit
May 22nd, 2011, 05:33 AM
I really wish it would be released in theatres in 3d :alone:

King Simba
May 22nd, 2011, 07:13 AM
I say they should release a 3D version of TLK in cinemas for its 20 year anniversary. ;) Now that would be awesome.

Azerane
May 22nd, 2011, 12:25 PM
Mmm, the chance to see TLK again in cinemas, not that would be a treat. If 3D could bring that on, I'd be all for it. But Hasira is right, the original movie is supposed to be released in 3D on BluRay, I don't believe the sequels are getting the same treatment though. It's likely I'll not see the 3D version though, as it's for 3D specific tv's or something right? :confused:

Cheetahstar546
May 22nd, 2011, 05:42 PM
What I heard it was going into theaters in 3D. But I might have been wrong. I did hear about it in 3D DVD for 3D TV's. Who knows.

HasiraKali
May 22nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
That was the original plan I believe. They were looking into converting ten of their top animated films to 3D for theatrical release. The first was supposed to be Beauty and the Beast, but then they decided against that for whatever reason.

Azerane
May 23rd, 2011, 12:03 AM
That was the original plan I believe. They were looking into converting ten of their top animated films to 3D for theatrical release. The first was supposed to be Beauty and the Beast, but then they decided against that for whatever reason.

Because it's clearly not the top animated film :p But we all know what is ;)

HasiraKali
May 23rd, 2011, 12:44 AM
Well yes. ;) I think it was going to be first because it was closer to its 20th anniversary at the time.

ThiagoPE
May 23rd, 2011, 03:26 PM
Here, they confirmed the 3D release in theatres for 04/08/2011

Source: http://planetadisney.com.br/noticia/confirmada-a-estreia-de-o-rei-leao-em-disney-digital-3d/?replytocom=5056

Cheetahstar546
May 23rd, 2011, 10:50 PM
O.O I didn't see that!

HasiraKali
May 23rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah that was around the time they decided not to release Beauty and the Beast after all too. Haven't seen anything about it since.

Asikinari
May 23rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
http://www.lionking.org/news/images/Image.76101.1.1303677201.jpg

That's right: eight discs. That includes the original movie in:

Blu-Ray 3D
Blu-Ray
DVD
Digital copy

On top of that, both Simba's Pride and TLK 1 ― are included in both Blu-Ray and DVD formats.

The whole thing lists for $100, but you can preorder it at Amazon for $79.99.

From the www.lionking.org

Cheetahstar546
May 23rd, 2011, 11:54 PM
So I guess it is coming out! YAY

HasiraKali
May 26th, 2011, 01:00 AM
OMG OMG OMG! I JUST saw a preview for TLK in 3D in September! Looks like they changed their minds! September 16th y'all! I don't care that it's 3D... TLK IN THEATERS AGAIN! :D

I'm going to see if it pops up online in a little while. If not, I'll record it all ghetto like from my TV and upload it for y'all. :D

And OMG it looked so AWESOME on my new TV. :lol:

Cheetahstar546
May 26th, 2011, 01:24 AM
WHOO! Booyah!

HasiraKali
May 26th, 2011, 01:36 AM
There was no press release or anything! It was just like... BOOM! :lol:

Really bad video I made of my TV.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/th_100_0988.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hasirakali/?action=view&current=100_0988.mp4)

Simbaspirit
May 26th, 2011, 03:25 AM
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's the preview... i'm in shock.. i can't wait... i actually may be a little teary eyed :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRFseaNpiaI

Sombolia
May 26th, 2011, 04:10 AM
OH MY STARS AND GARTERS. I totally just teared up. I can't wait!

Azerane
May 26th, 2011, 05:58 AM
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's the preview... i'm in shock.. i can't wait... i actually may be a little teary eyed :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRFseaNpiaI

It says this fall for a limited time... which means that it's a cinema release right?!?!! :D :D :cheese:

King Simba
May 26th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Aren't all movies for a limited time anyway? :lol:

I've seen this posted all over FB throughout the night. :p This is waaay beyond awesome! :D :cheese: :wow: TLK in cinemas is any excuse for me to go to the cinema, and it being in 3D would be really something.

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 26th, 2011, 10:07 AM
But...but...3D doesn't work for me...
:(

KanuTGL
May 26th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Is it confirmed that there will be a Europe-wide theatre release too? I won't be celebrating before then :[

King Simba
May 26th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Is it confirmed that there will be a Europe-wide theatre release too? I won't be celebrating before then :[
There is, but it'll be Friday 14th October instead, at least for the UK release.

HasiraKali
May 26th, 2011, 12:16 PM
But...but...3D doesn't work for me...
:(

There's a way to turn the glasses back to 2D. That's my plan. I'll post the instructions when I get home.

KanuTGL
May 26th, 2011, 01:13 PM
There is, but it'll be Friday 14th October instead, at least for the UK release.
Really?

Well, then. Yaaaaaay! :D :wow: :cheese:

Guntur
May 26th, 2011, 01:18 PM
There should be a 'retweet' on this topic! This news should spread out quickly!

King Simba
May 26th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Really?

Well, then. Yaaaaaay! :D :wow: :cheese:
Well, according to this (http://www.filmdates.co.uk/films/2448-the-lion-king/) site, it is. ;)

Simbaspirit
May 26th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I'm actually pretty stoked to see it in 3D. I would love to see TLK in a new format.

ThiagoPE
May 26th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Not being sarcastic but .... 16th of september?, its almost one month later than our release... i donīt know why but they always release TLK movies in here frist.

Well, i will tell you how was my experince in 26th of august :D

King Simba
May 26th, 2011, 09:26 PM
And yet Europe gets it even later than the US. :woe: That's one of my reasons why I possibly want to move to the US, to escape Disney's decision of release dates. :p

Simbaspirit
May 26th, 2011, 09:55 PM
whaaaaaaaat you get it august 26th? Crazy! Can't wait to hear all about it :D

Wide Eyed Wanderer
May 26th, 2011, 11:03 PM
And yet Europe gets it even later than the US. :woe: That's one of my reasons why I possibly want to move to the US, to escape Disney's decision of release dates. :p

Not sure you should put that on your Green Card application...
:hehe:

HasiraKali
June 23rd, 2011, 11:45 PM
The first four minutes (so basically "Circle of Life") will be in front of Cars 2 in 3D tomorrow. I'm debating if I want to go see Cars 2 in 3D JUST to see this. :hmm:

Azerane
June 24th, 2011, 01:24 AM
^ DO IT!!!! I would... I might end up seeing Cars 2 anyway... if that's in front of the previews here (also, how do you find that stuff out? :p) I'm definitely going!

HasiraKali
June 24th, 2011, 01:28 AM
I want to see Cars 2, I just don't know if I want to see it in 3D. I have a hard time with the 3D movies after a while. We'll see.

There's also going to be a trailer for Pixar's next film, Brave.

I have secret spies. ;)

Simbaspirit
June 24th, 2011, 03:43 AM
ZOMG no way!!!!! I'm gonna take my sisters to see cars 2 so I can't wait to see it!

Also, I"M GONNA SEE THE PREMIERE OF TLK3D!!! :D My family is going to the D23 event in LA since my sister is a member (membership given by yours truly ;)) And thats when they're gonna premiere it, sometime towards the end of august! Soooo stoked!

Guntur
June 24th, 2011, 02:15 PM
They should re-release Rhythm of the Pride Lands, The original soundtrack and The Lion King score as a "trilogy" box set. And All TLKoB cast album. :wow: :D :cheese:

Simbaspirit
June 28th, 2011, 05:25 AM
I saw Cars 2 in 3D which was pretty good :D but they didn't show any lion king previews or the CoL in 3D... :(

HasiraKali
June 28th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Maybe it's only certain chains? I've noticed that AMC and Regal show completely different things than Santikos or Cinemark. My friend saw Cars 2 last night and texted me right after the TLK preview asking if it was going to be in 2D as well. She wants to know how to make 2D glasses now :lol:

Azerane
June 28th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Well, I saw Cars 2 tonight (not in 3D) and TLK trailer was there!!! :D :D :D Excitement! Was so pleased to have seen it. I can't wait! :lalala:

s-tlk
June 28th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Was this the same trailer than on the BD from "Beauty and the Beast" or "The Princess and the Frog"?

Simbaspirit
June 28th, 2011, 05:56 PM
What was the TLK trailer that you guys saw? Sooo jealous.. I can't wait to see it! it's probably because I'm in Canada -.-

Sharifu
June 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I'll probably see Cars 2 next week. I hope our cinema will play TLK trailer in 3D. I'm almost more excited to see that trailer in 3D then see Cars 2. :lol: (But that's probably because Cars was one of my least favorite Pixar films)

s-tlk
June 28th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I've the trailer ripped from the BD, but I don't want to upload it for public, due to copyright issues and that sort of things, but you can write me a PM, than I see what I can do. ^^

HasiraKali
June 28th, 2011, 10:21 PM
They didn't show the trailer at Cars 2 today, but they did show a little feature before the previews. The little program is called "Play" and it basically shows previews and behind the scenes things of upcoming releases. For TLK, they showed a trailer featuring Hakuna Matata. One of the taglines was "With more Hakuna and a whole lotta Matata" Um... I do not want a whole lotta Matata. :lol:

Azerane
June 28th, 2011, 11:13 PM
The trailer that I saw was essentially this one, but they cut bits out of it so it was shorter :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKCSBpfL0M

Sharifu
July 6th, 2011, 04:33 AM
We saw Car 2 today in 3D and we saw TLK 3D trailer! :lalala: Right when it started I yelled "Yay!" and then Petteri laughed. :lol: I was quite impressed with the 3D... I saw depth in Mufasa's face, I was surprised, I didn't think the 3D would affect the characters, just give some depth between the characters and the background. It was like that of course. But seeing depth in the characters themselves was really neat for "flat" drawings.

By the way, I liked Cars 2 more then the original. :p

Konga
July 10th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Do any of you guys know if it will be shown in IMAX theaters as well? :curious:

Sharifu
July 10th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I don't think so... Haven't heard it will be.

Anyone gone to the official TLK website? http://disney.go.com/lionking/

Last night on that website, Petteri and I were playing that silly flash game, Timon and Pumbaa's Grub Ridin', it was making us laugh at times. :lol:

KanuTGL
July 10th, 2011, 09:21 PM
The way they're listing the bonus features has me wondering if Morning Report isn't actually going to be the default choice when you view the film... I would be so very happy if that was the case, but I'm not sure if I could really see that happening. Hmm.

I wonder why the DVD-only release has a different artwork as well. That seems a little random? Maybe it's to make sure people don't confuse the DVD only with the DVD/BluRay? :idiot:

The "Grub Ridin'" game is kind of entertaining :lol:

Talfasi
July 10th, 2011, 10:06 PM
The way they're listing the bonus features has me wondering if Morning Report isn't actually going to be the default choice when you view the film... I would be so very happy if that was the case, but I'm not sure if I could really see that happening. Hmm.

Yes! YES! Someone's speaking my language, as that is precisely something that I was thinking while I was browsing this thread. You know, I'm really all in for the 3 and the D, it's sort of a new uncharted terrain for where I have not yet wandered, so I have hopes that it's a good experience!

BUT.
Ever since TLK DVD, I've been a little annoyed with not only the morning report (which is fortunately optional), but also with a whole bunch of other little changes that sort of feel like a pea under the matress, an itch that you cannot reach, that sort of thing.. examples include: Scars turning head, New crocodiles (the old ones were scary, lolz?), slight colour scheme changes here and there..

I don't know, maybe I'm paying a bit too much attention and I admit it's not a major issue, but it's still a source for small irritation for me... :yuck: And knowing 'old TLK' won't be the source for the 3D is somehow a bit unfortunate. That doesn't get me angry, of course..

.. unlike cyclists who drive with the gear set too low! WHAT THE HECK.. It makes me so FURIOUS that I could...! --.. and wait..

.. other cyclists who have their seat set up too high! When I see one driving past me on the road, I could explode out of rage the same way Agent Smith explodes in The Matrix! GAARGH! That's how it's always been to me..

.. and then my mom got scared, and said, 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!

(I was serious up the irritation part) :embarassed:

Eh. I should probably be away..:hehe:

HasiraKali
July 10th, 2011, 11:42 PM
:lol: The Sudoku

EDIT: Y'all need to go to Games and Activities -> Printables -> Posters and check out the "Rifiki" poster. :lol:

Simbaspirit
July 11th, 2011, 04:48 AM
: And knowing 'old TLK' won't be the source for the 3D is somehow a bit unfortunate.:

Wait what? It won't? Then what are they doing? :thinks:

Sadiki
July 11th, 2011, 05:00 AM
"Rifiki" poster. :lol:

:headache: Disney, how can you do a mistake like that... Take this Disney :stick:

Also if you check Games & Activities > Printable > More Printable Fun > and choose activity games, you can see that they made the scramble impossible to solve... -_-

Konga
July 11th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Yes! YES! Someone's speaking my language, as that is precisely something that I was thinking while I was browsing this thread. You know, I'm really all in for the 3 and the D, it's sort of a new uncharted terrain for where I have not yet wandered, so I have hopes that it's a good experience!

BUT.
Ever since TLK DVD, I've been a little annoyed with not only the morning report (which is fortunately optional), but also with a whole bunch of other little changes that sort of feel like a pea under the matress, an itch that you cannot reach, that sort of thing.. examples include: Scars turning head, New crocodiles (the old ones were scary, lolz?), slight colour scheme changes here and there..

I don't know, maybe I'm paying a bit too much attention and I admit it's not a major issue, but it's still a source for small irritation for me... :yuck: And knowing 'old TLK' won't be the source for the 3D is somehow a bit unfortunate. That doesn't get me angry, of course..

.. unlike cyclists who drive with the gear set too low! WHAT THE HECK.. It makes me so FURIOUS that I could...! --.. and wait..

.. other cyclists who have their seat set up too high! When I see one driving past me on the road, I could explode out of rage the same way Agent Smith explodes in The Matrix! GAARGH! That's how it's always been to me..

.. and then my mom got scared, and said, 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!

(I was serious up the irritation part) :embarassed:

Eh. I should probably be away..:hehe:

Talfus Anttimus, I'm not sure if I already mentioned this to you but i'm sure you've also noticed the newer "infant" Simba as Rafiki holds him up and the camera pans out during the presentation? Simba HAS A LONG TAIL. Omgz..this will not be tolerated..

I think they added this in the DVD version because they needed more contrast/detail or such in order to blow the movie up in such high quality big screens such as IMAX. I really wish I had gotten to see it in theaters then; I heard the stampede scene was exhilarating..with surround sound speakers n' all.

Did you also notice that in the Morning Report, Simba HAS NO WHISKERS. Grr! At that point I was about to reconsider my status as a long time TLK fan. How can Disney do dish?! I really wish they'd take some more consideration into trying to imitate the extreme pawsomeness that Disney animation once was. In this case, it's all or nothing I suppose; why cheese something up when it's already perfect in the first place?

OH, and another thing about whiskers..as you're probably starting to begin that I have some sort of fetish for the thingies..Has anyone seen the new/old Blue Ray DVD cover picture for TLK? In case you haven't noticed-Nala has whiskers. *Shivers* Unless she had some sort of sex change, in case you haven't noticed Disney animators, lionesses in TLK dun't haff whiskerz! If I were Nala i'd be already tapping my foot, crossing my arms, getting on the phone and exclaiming, "Where is my lawyer?!"

This makes me giggle-here's the before and after picture. I'm glad Disney decided to make these necessary corrections before one of us maniacal TLK fanatics swallowed them whole:

http://buzzbo.com/cle/files/2011/01/disney-blue-ray.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7u8vXJ4VXlk/ThEH3wrdjLI/AAAAAAAADPI/9AWWlq1jUQg/s640/The+Lion+King+3D+Blu-Ray.jpg

On a more randomish note; am I the only one who used to be afraid of the loud SFX audio/logo that used to be played/shown before every movie that apparently had their enhanced sound effects?
It used to freak me out when I was little. The TV was all: "..rreeEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!"
And I was all: D:
*hides under sofa*
:lol:

Konga
July 11th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Ooh, and also-Did any of you guys happen to notice that in the new Blue Ray TLK viddies, everything that used to be really blue in the film, is now really green-ish? Is it possible that green-ish colors give the 3D effects more effectiveness? LUL. Anyone also remember how the older 3D movies used to always have a red and blue highlight to them? Take JAWS 3D for example..it's pretty neato!
:cool:

KanuTGL
July 11th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Did you also notice that in the Morning Report, Simba HAS NO WHISKERS.
Not to mention how off-model he looks in that whole sequene :yuck:

The DVD extras mention nothing about an "extended scene"/Morning Report. Neither does the "Digital download". Hmm, hmm. Maybe this is reason to be hopeful...?

Also, the digital download extras... "Computer Animation"? :hmm:

Konga
July 11th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Not to mention how off-model he looks in that whole sequene :yuck:

The DVD extras mention nothing about an "extended scene"/Morning Report. Neither does the "Digital download". Hmm, hmm. Maybe this is reason to be hopeful...?

Also, the digital download extras... "Computer Animation"? :hmm:

If my memory serves me right, weren't the wildabeasts in the stampede scene computer animated? I'm not sure if they were each individually drawn in the original TLK release and then computer animated for the DVD release to create more contrast? :O

ThiagoPE
July 12th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Individually drawn? no they were digitally created: 1 model were drawn, then the computey created light diferent copies of it (to not be evident they were just copies), then the scene were made (there is an extra on the laserdisc that show the entire composition of that scene)

The most impressive thing to note in that scene that it took 2 years to be rendered with the tecnology avalaible in 1992/93 (what if were made today, would took just few hours)

Konga
July 12th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Ohhh..okay thenz..I see, I must've misunderstood.

Askaru
July 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I hope, that Lion King in 3D will be available in czech language too.
I would definitely have bought it

Sadiki
July 15th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I hope, that Lion King in 3D will be available in czech language too.
I would definitely have bought it

The movie was not dubbed in Czech back in 1994? I'm surprised I thought it would of been for sure, but I'm afraid that if it wasn't back then, they wont be dubbing it just for re-re-release. Are most Disney movies dubbed in Czech or what language will they be released there?

Askaru
July 15th, 2011, 06:28 PM
The movie was not dubbed in Czech back in 1994? I'm surprised I thought it would of been for sure, but I'm afraid that if it wasn't back then, they wont be dubbing it just for re-re-release. Are most Disney movies dubbed in Czech or what language will they be released there?

We've got LK in czech language ... I have it home ... but I heard that TLK on X-max3D will be availeble only in US cinemas ... I would like Lion king in 3D in Prague's cinemas... will it be? Does anyone some information about?

ThiagoPE
July 15th, 2011, 09:54 PM
well, there will be TLK 3D outside US, here in Brazil its already being advertised it on media:

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad217/animations2009/geral/OreiLeao.jpg

I just donīt know if it will be avalaiblle there in Czech Republic

Askaru
July 15th, 2011, 09:58 PM
It's hopeful. Already the film is projected, or is still preparing?
Couse I'm sure that in Prague didn't be projected, yet.
Even in normal cinema not.

ThiagoPE
July 15th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Here still not being projected, only in 28 of august

Askaru
July 15th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Here is absolutely quite about it ... well I'll wait and may see...

lionkinglover
July 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM
gonna see TLK when it comes out in theaters.

HasiraKali
July 20th, 2011, 07:59 PM
They showed a preview for the 3D release at Winnie the Pooh yesterday. I clapped when it started and squeaked all through and then clapped when it was over. It was awesome.

lionkinglover
July 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM
cooool !